Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Everything about the movie has no doubt more or less been said, but God drat, I loved Namor.

I know Black Panther already had Killmonger just straight up be Vegeta, but the scene where M'Baku's club just breaks against Namor's arm just really reminded me of those scenes when Goku just gets decked straight in the face and doesn't react at all.

Oh, also: Okoye is right, that suit looks terrible. Just awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Everything about the movie has no doubt more or less been said, but God drat, I loved Namor.

I know Black Panther already had Killmonger just straight up be Vegeta, but the scene where M'Baku's club just breaks against Namor's arm just really reminded me of those scenes when Goku just gets decked straight in the face and doesn't react at all.

Oh, also: Okoye is right, that suit looks terrible. Just awful.

It could stand to cook a bit longer in the design oven, yeah

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm sure it'll look way better in a few months or a year or whatever when it's the focus of the Wakanda show, on a TV budget.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s comic accurate, it was just ugly there too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://youtu.be/u3V5KDHRQvk

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m going to cry over a cgi raccoon aren’t I?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Looks cool, but the trailer gives absolutely nothing about the story away. So, I still have no idea what the plot is supposed to be.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow, that came out of nowhere. New Indy trailer dropped today too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVYgWYaHmE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hell yeha Buff Groot

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Adam Warlock looks solid and pretty comics-accurate, but disappointed they didn't give him the feathery 80's mane of hair.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m going to cry over a cgi raccoon aren’t I?

Yeah, pretty sure a lot of people will.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Looks cool, but the trailer gives absolutely nothing about the story away. So, I still have no idea what the plot is supposed to be.

Trailer had “rocket is 100% dying” written all over it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

What is the gem Adam Warlock has lodged in his forehead if it is canonically not the soul stone in the MCU?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Definitely has that vibe. But, "Rocket dies" isn't the plot of the movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think it'll be a fakeout but still gonna be some bad times for Rocket.

Looks like they visit Halfworld, at least. Which makes sense for a Rocket backstory. Was so sweet to see him and Lylla though.

But I think Rocket will make it through.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That looks great. Also stoked they're in their Annihilation outfits. Is that supposed to be the High Evolutionary in there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes. Played by Chukwudi Iwuji, who was Murn in Peacemaker.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figure that the High Evolutionary is going to the be creator of Halfworld.

But yea very little Adam Warlock so i'm curious what his part is going to be. I like their Among Us space suits too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Wait aren’t they supposed to be 2001 A Space Odyssey suits?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't think that's Halfworld, it appears to be Counter Earth and the New Men. They appear to be merging those concepts together.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’m a little sad High Evolutionary isn’t rocking a bright pink suit of armor but I’ll allow it for the quality of the actor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Joe Fisto posted:

The colours are the ones from Among Us aren't they?

X-O posted:

Don't think that's Halfworld, it appears to be Counter Earth and the New Men. They appear to be merging those concepts together.

Yea that's why I figured Rocket will be a creation of the High Evolutionary, I wonder if that means we'll see Bova.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

OK so after reading up on Counter-Earth, is the idea that the opening scene of that trailer where they land on 'Earth' supposed to be Counter-Earth since the planet is full of animal people?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

Nope, the 2001 suits are all ribbed shiny material with small backpacks and these look like modern Shuttle/ISS suits with matte outer coverings.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I didn't look up when the Indy movie is set but I did figure out that it's been 41 years since Raiders, which is set in 1936, so if Indy aged at the same rate as Ford this should be in 1977. He could see A New Hope in theaters and admire that handsome smuggler character.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I didn't look up when the Indy movie is set but I did figure out that it's been 41 years since Raiders, which is set in 1936, so if Indy aged at the same rate as Ford this should be in 1977. He could see A New Hope in theaters and admire that handsome smuggler character.

Minor plot spoilers:

The bulk of the movie is set in 1969, but there’s a flashback opening set in 1944 or 1945 with Indy sneaking into a Nazi-occupied castle.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

The colours are the ones from Among Us aren't they?

Yea that's why I figured Rocket will be a creation of the High Evolutionary, I wonder if that means we'll see Bova.

I have to imagine that among us was inspired by these

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nope, the 2001 suits are all ribbed shiny material with small backpacks and these look like modern Shuttle/ISS suits with matte outer coverings.

Well not one to one, but primary colored space suits have to be related, right?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

FlamingLiberal posted:

OK so after reading up on Counter-Earth, is the idea that the opening scene of that trailer where they land on 'Earth' supposed to be Counter-Earth since the planet is full of animal people?

Probably, assuming it is counter-earth, which makes me wonder: would a hidden Counter-Earth be possible in today's level of technology/satellites/etc, let alone the MCU?

Also where in the trailer was Adam Warlock?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Zachack posted:

Probably, assuming it is counter-earth, which makes me wonder: would a hidden Counter-Earth be possible in today's level of technology/satellites/etc, let alone the MCU?

Also where in the trailer was Adam Warlock?

There's a very quick cut of him at 1:26

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zachack posted:

I'm assuming the MCU version is in a different star system than our own.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm glad someone like Gunn is tackling the crazy bullshit that is Counter-Earth, and not someone who isn't nearly nerdy enough to adapt that to film

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There's a very quick cut of him at 1:26

Thanks, for some reason I thought that was Thor when I watched it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
A new Kang line at 1:30 in this Ant-Man hype trailer. Much better than the line from the first trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRSwXvMcT5c

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Zachack posted:

No; even if it wasn’t directly visible to certain space probes, which it would be, we’d be able to detect its existence by its gravitational impact on the orbits of the other planets and local asteroids.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

No; even if it wasn’t directly visible to certain space probes, which it would be, we’d be able to detect its existence by its gravitational impact on the orbits of the other planets and local asteroids.

Easy fix just have it in counter -sol, an identical but opposite solar system on the opposite side of the galaxy

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I thought Pacman..

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cosmo the Space Dog spotted at 0:50

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
There’s images floating around on twitter of a Funko Pop of Quantumania’s M.O.D.O.K. and uhhhh he looks like a gold-plated Iron Man egg.

Not a fan.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
re: Quantumania Funko Pop character reveal

I don't necessarily mind it, though it's a little disappointing we apparently aren't getting full-on body horror and instead it looks to be someone piloting a MODOK-shaped vehicle for some reason. Maybe we'll get that reveal later on, or maybe it'll just be a hosed up and mangled Darren Cross in there, so there's still potential for things to get nuts with it.

Also I looked at Wikipedia, and I guess this is the 5th go at trying to introduce MODOK into the MCU. He was even in an early draft of the first Iron Man movie. Poor guy has had quite a fight to finally show up proper in something.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s images floating around on twitter of a Funko Pop of Quantumania’s M.O.D.O.K. and uhhhh he looks like a gold-plated Iron Man egg.

Not a fan.

It looks like a mask or helmet. It’ll come off and we will see a hideous Corey Stall under there I bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Not a fan.

Can someone link it? I fear Google but I don't consider this a "real" spoiler personally.

PS: Random question but was there ever a discussion of a potential Birds Of Prey 2? I'd especially love to see one under Gunn's oversight.