Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Mr Beens posted:

Also getting next cast lineup at the end
Just learnt that we will, here's a teaser for the S15 teaser...
https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1598279310686789636

Also we may well be seeing another TMNZ reimagining tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It's pretty crazy that we could be getting Champions of Champions 3 about a year after 2.

I doubt Sarah's gonna win because 5 points is a big deficit to make up, but I'm rooting for her. Dara does tend to get disqualified and Sarah doesn't, so here's hoping!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
We knew the chap from Ghosts was in already but I can’t remember how we knew. Anyone?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

thehustler posted:

We knew the chap from Ghosts was in already but I can’t remember how we knew. Anyone?
I got deja vu over some of the names but also week I tried (and failed to good leaks) as I didn't think I knew. I think I must have seen a leak and forgotten I'd seen a leak.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

thehustler posted:

Someone posted a photo of him and a couple of the others out filming (I think on a boat?) and people put two and two together.

It was a very strong final episode, I felt, and a very worthy winner.

Not my favourite series overall, as I never really got the John Kearns love (I found his ineptitude grimly irritating and thought he was bafflingly poor at the studio banter, but hey, comedy is subjective, after all, glad other people enjoyed him). I did like Fern though, and I have found a new appreciation for Sarah Millican. I loved the way she could say such cutting things in such a sweet tone, it cracked me up.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It was also leaked on Wikipedia so it turns out you could always look back at the revision history...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And Channel 4 just had a press release...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7105/taskmaster-series-15-line-up/

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Irisi posted:

Not my favourite series overall, as I never really got the John Kearns love (I found his ineptitude grimly irritating and thought he was bafflingly poor at the studio banter, but hey, comedy is subjective, after all, glad other people enjoyed him). I did like Fern though, and I have found a new appreciation for Sarah Millican. I loved the way she could say such cutting things in such a sweet tone, it cracked me up.

Agreed on all this. I did warm up to John a bit as the series went on and he got past his early total flops but I'd still put him fifth out of the five here. And Sarah really thrived in the Taskmaster environment, her humour clicked for me much better here than in the usual panel shows.

For my money this was the best version of the "pick some items without knowing what they're going to be for" kind of task. That said, the item Dara covered completely wasn't the one he put on the barrel without touching! He should have dumped that cider all over the nice man.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tenebrais posted:

Agreed on all this. I did warm up to John a bit as the series went on and he got past his early total flops but I'd still put him fifth out of the five here. And Sarah really thrived in the Taskmaster environment, her humour clicked for me much better here than in the usual panel shows.

For my money this was the best version of the "pick some items without knowing what they're going to be for" kind of task. That said, the item Dara hid completely wasn't the one he put on the barrel without touching!

Why in the absolute hell did Dara not pour the cider over the nice man?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Kearns (sort of) won a prize task!!!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I'm far from being super-knowledgeable about UK comedians, but this is the first season I don't recall seeing any of the contestants before. I think I might have heard of Frankie Boyle, but that's about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mae Martin has a pretty good show called Feel Good on Channel 4 in the UK and Netflix internationally. and yeah Boyle is very well-known (if an irritating shell of what he used to be). I don’t know the other three.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Feel Good is rather good, I watched it after the line up was leaked in here a while back. Jenny Eclair is a really old comedian, I feel like she was one of those really vulgar ones like Jo Brand but I could be making that up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not a surprising end to a series, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Loved that final house and studio tasks both were a bit more elaborate than usual.

Also, going to be nice to see Frankie Boyle maybe have some light-hearted fun for once.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

stev posted:

Why in the absolute hell did Dara not pour the cider over the nice man?

He wouldnt have completely covered the nice man with one pint and there would have still been the glass

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Here for the solidarity hug between Fern and John at the end.

Dara really ended up embodying a 'BOSH' attitude stronger than any other contestant. Never felt like he bothered to really gel with anyone in the cast, which is a shame. Just comparing the final shots of this episode where he's going person to person and shaking their hand like "good game, good game" vs. last season where everyone gets up doing Bridget Christies dance.

Not going to be among my favorite seasons, but really good tasks this round and the energy from Munya, John, and Fern was an absolute pleasure.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The series is over. :smith:

Now I can watch the opening credits! :woop:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

An all timer season imo.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
fern's laugh when greg jumps up on the chair :lol:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Mae Martin has a pretty good show called Feel Good on Channel 4 in the UK and Netflix internationally. and yeah Boyle is very well-known (if an irritating shell of what he used to be). I don’t know the other three.

What’s wrong with Boyle now?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He hasn’t done anything bad I don’t think he’s just a pale imitation of his former self who sold out heavily. Hopefully will still be a fun contestant though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just at Gatwick.

Lebron James

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Didn’t they say there was stuff dotted around relating to TM? Have a look!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

thehustler posted:

Didn’t they say there was stuff dotted around relating to TM? Have a look!

Yeah there should be some stickers wherever they did a task that has a QR code that links directly to the task itself in a private youtube video.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJpNKtsCKos

More outtakes! I really enjoy that they have to censor curse words yet they can leave in Dara describing wiping semen off his face.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I loved in the prize task when everyone was adding their prize in to the asteroid doomsday scenario all John could say was "we haven't done mine yet". Really good series.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
https://youtu.be/EFWvu_fGeLE

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Boxturret posted:

I loved in the prize task when everyone was adding their prize in to the asteroid doomsday scenario all John could say was "we haven't done mine yet". Really good series.

it was somehow the perfect capper to that run of jokes too, with everyone playing off eachother and then cutting to john feeling inadequate -- he has genuinely impeccable timing for someone that often seems unable to talk

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh no!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Ma bebe!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Uh?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Series 14 phrases. You could make a story out of them

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Awesome series. I feel like the end couple episodes were a little weaker than the middle but still pretty great.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Great finale, loved the season. My favorite bit of the episode was probably Fern's rollercoaster of emotions when she tried and failed to eat a plastic grape.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I quite enjoyed how when John came in to the first task they filmed he tried to hang his jacket on the door, only for it to fall to the ground. I like how that seems to lead in to him just flinging his jacket away at the start of every other task later on.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Watching Fern feels like watching a young child. You get to see someone who hasn't been conditioned to hide all their weird quirks just reacting purely to whatever is going on. And it's really sweet and endearing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t realise she was autistic until she tweeted about it/moments where it showed the most and then I could see it a lot. She rules

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I do think that Alex will probably be inspired to construct a task out of opening cans in a later series.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

They did that in season 2 of TMNZ.

So many cans of tomato sauce.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Wasn't the whole get out of the caravan task taken from TMNZ