Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
downloading the update now, I really hope they also fixed everything and their mothers paralyzing you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Augus posted:

god bless

the issue is that rare items like ability patches are the main incentive for matching with people to do high-level tera raids
perhaps if they made them less rare people wouldnt feel the urge to do so
as it is, a 1% drop rate from a once-a-day bossfight (because good luck joining them online reliably) for something that a good chunk of pokemon need to perform "correctly" is, in fact, poor game design, i think.

also ive made my opinions on apricorn ball exclusivity very clear

them being so tight fisted with those items when you can literally buy ability capsules and bottlecaps and mints in the shops feels very at odds with each other.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So there's no evidence of anyone losing their ill-gotten stack of Ability Patches / Beast Balls / etc, right?

e: updated and have not lost my crimes.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 2, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
UU just dropped, excellent tier if you love ostriches

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

How the hell is anyone supposed to beat charizard when it keeps regenerating massive chunks of it's health? Like when you've got it on the ropes it's suddenly back to half health. What the gently caress.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So uh, it looks like the update might have respawned all of the roaming gimmighouls you've already found.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Ball suggestions for the ruin lads plz

Here were my choices:

Friend Ball for Wo-Chien
Moon Ball (Failed)/Dream Ball for Chien-Pao
Heavy Ball for Ting-Lu
Level Ball for Chi-Yu (You could also use Lure Ball too because splashy)

I'm saving the Fast Ball for Koraidon and the Beast Ball for the DLC

Edit: I used a level 100 Gallade with False Swipe/Draining Kiss/Hypnosis/Whatever. Draining Kiss should not OHKO so use that as the first move before spamming False Swipe.

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 2, 2022

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

HopperUK posted:

I don't get why they've shiny-locked the Charizard.

You can only catch one, so if it wasn't locked, you could run into a shiny and be unable to catch it.
Of course, that begs the question of why you can only catch one, but still.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

So uh, it looks like the update might have respawned all of the roaming gimmighouls you've already found.

Oooh! Noice!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cattail Prophet posted:

gimmighouls were always able to respawn, don’t know what exactly triggers it tho

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Why does the post-game school tournament battle theme kick so much rear end? Like drat it's funky as hell.

Anyways I decided to raise up a new team for post game and opted for a loosely desert themed team. I'm enjoying it! Working pretty well even with a few of them being pretty mediocre mons all things considered.

I can't help notice the lack of best snake sandaconda. You basically get a free sandstorm when he's hit and his design is top tier.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

The gimmighouls respawn regardless. Something like a 10% or 50% or something chance daily for the chests to respawn.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It seems like the memory leaks have been patched somewhat, my game is running a lot smoother and there’s way less slowdown. I was going fast on Miraidon in the bamboo grove in the rain with no slowdown.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Augus posted:

gimmighouls were always able to respawn, don’t know what exactly triggers it tho

Clocks posted:

The gimmighouls respawn regardless. Something like a 10% or 50% or something chance daily for the chests to respawn.

I'm talking about the little guys though, not the chests. Unless those have always been able to respawn too?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If I recall correctly the little roaming fellas have a 50/50 respawn and the chests have a 5% respawn.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Charizard IS a cheating bitch!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I want to say yes because I've definitely been back to pokecenters, bridges etc where I'd picked them up already and they were there again. Just most people care about the chests since they're a faster way to get the coins.

For what it's worth, when I was getting into the home stretch of completing the dex I had something like 850 coins from the rest of the game so I didn't even need to grind gimmighouls out specifically anyways.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

Charizard IS a cheating bitch!

I literally watched his health get wiped to nothing and he just regenerated back with a shield and everything. Has anyone beaten him yet?!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Just easily duo'd a charizard with belly drum azumarill and a flutter mane, both fairy tera. Worked out weirdly easier than a lot of 6 stars

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Just easily duo'd a charizard with belly drum azumarill and a flutter mane, both fairy tera. Worked out weirdly easier than a lot of 6 stars

I hit the guy up with a team of three Azumarill and he just kept regenerating health non stop.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Blaziken386 posted:

as it is, a 1% drop rate from a once-a-day bossfight (because good luck joining them online reliably) for something that a good chunk of pokemon need to perform "correctly" is, in fact, poor game design, i think.

them being so tight fisted with those items when you can literally buy ability capsules and bottlecaps and mints in the shops feels very at odds with each other.

Seems like it's maybe 5%, but only from 6 star fights? Maybe the 6 star purple fights.

I have like 4 but I have never gotten one from a 5 star fight that I have noticed. I think I have gotten everything else from a normal 5 star though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I hit the guy up with a team of three Azumarill and he just kept regenerating health non stop.

Yeah we did it twice and he didn't regen health either time. Dunno what was up with that.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah we did it twice and he didn't regen health either time. Dunno what was up with that.

I think if you wreck his poo poo too fast the game goes "Whoa! we haven't even hit the shield phase yet! Better give him half his loving health back and start over!! :D"

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Desperate Character posted:

Here were my choices:

Friend Ball for Wo-Chien
Moon Ball (Failed)/Dream Ball for Chien-Pao
Heavy Ball for Ting-Lu
Level Ball for Chi-Yu (You could also use Lure Ball too because splashy)

I'm saving the Fast Ball for Koraidon and the Beast Ball for the DLC

Edit: I used a level 100 Gallade with False Swipe/Draining Kiss/Hypnosis/Whatever. Draining Kiss should not OHKO so use that as the first move before spamming False Swipe.

These are good, I was considering the moon ball too

Definitely going lure ball :cool:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Desperate Character posted:

I can't help notice the lack of best snake sandaconda. You basically get a free sandstorm when he's hit and his design is top tier.

I was going to but then both Sandaconda and Garganacl are filling a tanky sort of role. Also most of the pokemon don't do much with Sandstorm outside of Cacturne getting some evasion.

Also what's up with all the fairy raids with event backgrounds all of a sudden? Is that just part of the Charizard thing?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I think if you wreck his poo poo too fast the game goes "Whoa! we haven't even hit the shield phase yet! Better give him half his loving health back and start over!! :D"

Oh wait, is this the issue where play rough makes the boss health bar lie to you? Cause for some reason that attack really messes with it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

UU just dropped, excellent tier if you love ostriches

I do, but once i've finally finished the game I want to figure out how to run it in OU.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Oh pretty, just saw a meteor shower. Do those happen often? Hadn't noticed before.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaziken386 posted:

I think it's in the best interest of the game's long term viability to give players who are good/have strong pokes a reason to match into 5/6 star raids with players who need to be carried IMO.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I do, but once i've finally finished the game I want to figure out how to run it in OU.

it's still very good in OU, i'm honestly shocked it dropped since it gets used pretty commonly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can’t believe Clivegot a Yakuza style jacket toss

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Lost against my first Charizard, but beat the second one. I really love the redone model in this game. It definitely seemed to randomly regen health in a way that did make it feel like it was cheating, but me and the three randos did finally make him drop.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Game is definitely running smoother. Is funny to see things that it appears they can't fix, like the ten FPS children in cutscenes that move just fine in gameplay. Do hope it managed to fix the major gamebreaking issues and the broken RNG seed. They really need to step up their patch notes, "assorted bugs and issues" means fuckall.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

These are good, I was considering the moon ball too

Definitely going lure ball :cool:

Just remember to make an Ultra Jam Sandwich before each match (recipe: Strawberry/Pineapple; Yogurt/Jam) to get that Catching Power Level 2. I only had to reset twice and caught two of the four with one sandwich.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Anybody know if they fixed the selfie cam for your profile pic

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokemon don't evolve just out in the overworld anymore?? they evolve in some spacey background cutaway scene

e: oh it was just azurill ??

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

oddium posted:

pokemon don't evolve just out in the overworld anymore?? they evolve in some spacey background cutaway scene

e: oh it was just azurill ??

If the game can't put the egg in a spot, like in the final area, it goes to the background screen instead.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it wasn't an egg it was azurill evolving. who then was able to evolve again in the overworld even though i hadn't moved at all

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It just goes to a classic style evolution screen if the camera can't get to a good position to do in the overworld for some reason. Also seems to always happen in Area Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It seems like the memory leaks have been patched somewhat, my game is running a lot smoother and there’s way less slowdown. I was going fast on Miraidon in the bamboo grove in the rain with no slowdown.

I just woke my Switch from sleep and my game started running like poo poo again, so I will rescind this post. You still need to close the game once in a while (but it runs really well right after you boot it)