Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not owned, I'm not owned, I say as I shrink and turn into a corncob with victory wine in my mouth.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598546057138524160?cxt=HHwWgMC-zezKlq8sAAAA

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Listen I’ve been here for a month basking in schadenfreude but this letter is so smug and jeering it’s deeply annoying. God I hate lawyers.

Allow me to translate into Goon:

quote:

Dear Mr. Musk,

Place rear end here.

Signed,
Lenard "J." Crabs

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They were banned for a reason, Mr. Musk.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lmao

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Crymetimeboys posted:

I'm not owned, I'm not owned, I say as I shrink and turn into a corncob with victory wine in my mouth.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598546057138524160?cxt=HHwWgMC-zezKlq8sAAAA

When can we get the poll to vote him back?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I thought Leon's metric was that you can say whatever you want as long as it's not illegal? Kanye is suspended for inciting violence but Trump's account was reinstated? :thunk:

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Love to see ultra rich people posting like angsty teenagers on a 90s internet forum. Truly, these are our betters.
From what I remember hearing on the Behind the Bastards Elon episodes, he was bullied as a kid for being socially awkward or something, and it screwed him up. He might be the richest man now, but has always been the nerd that people poo poo on and make fun. Since he has proven he's still socially awkward/stunted, it makes sense that his idea of being cool is also something awkward.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

I used to love Yoohoo as a kid but about 10 years ago I tried some again and I have to say: Yoohoo is disgusting. It's not chocolate milk...I don't know what the gently caress it is. it's like chocolate dish water.

It's made with water and whey instead of milk so it can be shelf stable without refrigeration.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Get outta here Something Awful with your :10bux: surcharge for quality entertainment, this poo poo is free

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I get this reference and suddenly miss playing the game.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

PoPcornTG posted:

When can we get the poll to vote him back?

We are living in a cheap sci-fi novel.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Crymetimeboys posted:

Kale
May 14, 2010

There is no quiet part any more I guess

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I got to admit I say some stupid poo poo and I've done stupid things and hell I'm quite the poo poo poster on here but god drat I have never in my wildest dreams ever uttered any kind of phrase putting Hitler in a positive light this poo poo is just loving crazy.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Crymetimeboys posted:

So basically Twitter has the photographer to blame for kicking off its demise? If they never would have printed those pictures, musky wouldn't have gone full meth to lose weight?

Why is this timeline so goddamn stupid. I'm so tired

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
You could just not read twitter drama if it makes you sad

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lawyers writing nasty letters that read almost like a wrestling promo are pretty funny tbh

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I m starting to feel sorry for musk...I know I know....but he bought twitter to be cool.....It would be like if he bought SA to be king of FYAD only to get roasted and roll with the punches.

his imagine would be better if he never bought that company.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Crymetimeboys posted:

Posting a picture of a shirtless and wet Elon Musk is violence.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ups_rail posted:

I m starting to feel sorry for musk...I know I know....but he bought twitter to be cool.....It would be like if he bought SA to be king of FYAD only to get roasted and roll with the punches.

his imagine would be better if he never bought that company.

Yeah, but the reason why he's getting roasted is because the first thing he did taking over twitter was to be the biggest rear end in a top hat he could to all the employees there, than gave back a platform to some of the biggest assholes -main of which are actually straight up fascists- on the internet.

Dude 100% deserves all the mocking he gets.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask but Kanye West isn't one of the guys from Outkast, is he? I am not a big hip hop guy but I really liked that song "Bombs Over Baghdad" back in the day even though I guess it was kind of uh problematic because of the whole war thing and it would suck if that guy turned out to be racist, don't think it is but I'm not 100%j. OK back to trying to figure out what an instance is supposed to be

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Naw Andre 3000 and Big Boi from Outkast are still cool AFAIK.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask but Kanye West isn't one of the guys from Outkast, is he? I am not a big hip hop guy but I really liked that song "Bombs Over Baghdad" back in the day even though I guess it was kind of uh problematic because of the whole war thing and it would suck if that guy turned out to be racist, don't think it is but I'm not 100%j. OK back to trying to figure out what an instance is supposed to be

Yes he was in outkast

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask

yes Kayne is Andre 3000

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

No he usef to be the lead singer of Destiny’s Child before going solo

Beyonce only forgave him after he hijacked a white womans award speech to verbally give Beyonce the award instead

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Kanye 3000

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

:five:

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
The retaliatory strike by european regulators to Elon for enabling all this hate speech is going to be amazing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Andre 3000 had a cartoon network cartoon. Does West have a cartoon?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

yes Kayne is Andre 3000

There were 2999 version before this one, and this version still end up this poo poo?

Think the Andre series might just be fundamentally broken at this point. :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The song was actually called "Kan Ye" but after he quit Outkast, they rewrote it to be "Hey Ya"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the movie where kanye played a genie

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
seems like just yesterday ye was all about vote or die.

But now Elon is giving the voting and his investment is about to

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I love these forums

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

did u ever figure out what an instance is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013

sure okay posted:

No he usef to be the lead singer of Destiny’s Child before going solo

Beyonce only forgave him after he hijacked a white womans award speech to verbally give Beyonce the award instead

I know thats not true, DC were all women and I know none of these people are cool about the trans thing.

I can belive the thing about cheating about the awards, though, I know that stuff is mostly about 'who you know,' I have family out in LA and they tell me things. Let's just say that guy from that show American Beauty is maybe not such a nice guy, is all I'm gonna repeat.

Anyway, I'm still catching up on the thread, sorry your email site guy taken over by some rear end in a top hat