Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

Anime sucks btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Anime sucks btw

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

its good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I agree!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
try an anime shard

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Elephant Ambush posted:

The Chris Regal Memorial Thread: Shut the gently caress up idiot. You're stupid!
like a sousage

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

try an anime shard

I did - Bleach! More like blegh!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

I did - Bleach! More like blegh!

Ok, try a good anime, then.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bleach sucks btw

I realized it wasn't that good as I got older but it's fine there's some good songs on there, I didn't have to pretend it was amazing because it was "underground" compared to Nevermind.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kvantum posted:

Ok, try a good anime, then.

I like Castlevania

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

I like Castlevania

Have you watched Cyberpunk Edgerunners yet?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got rid of netflix

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

I got rid of netflix

You should check out Garfield and Friends. They made a restaurant about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
anime is good but ya gotta find the good ones

like gundam. watch gundam

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shinjobi posted:

And the current Gundam is a good one to start with if you've never watched any before. It's not related to the UC timeline at all. Totally its own thing.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i will recommend Redline, it's just a cool racing movie with some neat characters

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just watch Cowboy Bebop it’s 26 episodes. The rest you can take or leave.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

The Laughing Salesman is basically an episodic anime Needful Things, and to my mind it's worth checking out. no lore or worldbuilding or poo poo along those lines, just a short salesman with an off-putting smile who just so happens to have exactly the thing you need to ruin change your life

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also I had no idea Ruby had a nose job until someone pointed it out. She doesn't really look that much different to me. The biggest thing I noticed was her green hair so now Taz will shut the gently caress up about her wearing orange
I noticed her nose looked different, but I watch a lot of Botched

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only good anime is NJPW

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

The only good anime is NJPW

My favourite anime character is Bad Luck Fale

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Penguin Patrol posted:

i will recommend Redline, it's just a cool racing movie with some neat characters

Redline was a trash heap funded by subprime loans.

REDLINE is a cool racing movie with some neat characters and bangin animation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anime may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

All I know about Gundam is Australia and gently caress space colonists

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shard posted:

All I know about Gundam is Australia and gently caress space colonists

Sounds like you're ready to begin your journey

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was just kidding btw. I've enjoyed good animes in my day. Dragon Ball obviously because I was a kid who grew up in the 90s and 00s. And Gungrave is one of my favorites because it has a good story and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Begin your journey, Shard.:stare:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Bleach had a lot in common with wrestling tbh. The core of the show was about giving your moves silly names, posing dramatically in outlandish outfits, and surprising your opponents by standing behind them

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am thinking of how jobbers function in wrestling vs anime, and I'm wonder if there was ever an anime jobber that followed QT Marshall's AEW arc

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I realized it wasn't that good as I got older but it's fine there's some good songs on there, I didn't have to pretend it was amazing because it was "underground" compared to Nevermind.

It's got Negative Creep so it's always going to be my favorite. But saying you like something just to pick the "obscure" answer is lame, always just go from the heart.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Bleach had a lot in common with wrestling tbh. The core of the show was about giving your moves silly names, posing dramatically in outlandish outfits, and surprising your opponents by standing behind them

A lot of manga creators would fill "here's the author!" type things and one of the things they invariably commented on was whether they were Baba or Inoki guys.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Watch what you want to watch, anime or otherwise....as long as you tune into Rampage at 10 eastern!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Watch what you want to watch, anime or otherwise....as long as you tune into Rampage at 10 eastern!*

*Sometimes 4pm Eastern**

**Sometimes 11pm Eastern***

***Sometimes Saturdays

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Begin your journey, Shard.:stare:

I have tried but I'll be honest the tropes of the style are like poison to my interest. I usually find myself becoming bored. Heck that's usually true for any shows these days that want my attention. I mostly like to have background noise on while I do something else. It's why I love MST3K or LPs or Bob Ross Streams

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Tiger Mask W was a pretty good anime, anyone seen that

e: a memory about Tiger Mask W that just came to me: iirc in the second or third episode they had TMW fighting Red Death Mask, a strong heel whose finisher was lifting a wrestler up by their face with one hand and squeezing so hard that he tears through their skin and nearly caves their skull in

if they survive that or don't tap or whatever, Red Death Mask gives them basically a jumping chokeslam for the win

anyway, when Juice Robinson fought as Red Death Mask on the road to Wrestle Kingdom 11 (against Ibushi as TMW), he didn't bother attempting anything resembling that within the realms of physical possibility, or even a chokeslam or whatever, which made his whole getup pretty pointless lmao

decent match, anyway

Venomous fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 2, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's got Negative Creep so it's always going to be my favorite. But saying you like something just to pick the "obscure" answer is lame, always just go from the heart.

My favourite Nirvana record is probably Unplugged but for studio I'd say In Utero. Though all 3 studio albums are pretty much varying levels of banger.

I hated them as a teenager purely because 1 kids I didn't like were into them, this was dumb

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1598447099913568256?s=19

Dustin met a thread favourite

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Return of the King

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1597795320687390721

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1598822346407690242

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How can we get The King and The Snob together in one place, and could the world handle it? They're both desperate for engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's a shame Mike is paid peanuts to be controversial.