Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

My dream is a reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

thank you

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Agreed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brut posted:

This is now live! (next to the piggy on the tag list, at least on my screen)

:hellyeah:

So glad to see Orange Cassidy finally getting his due.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That EA probe feels like we've put the bar for posting that is too horny way to high compared to other horny probes.

But also it's a sixer so not the end of the world

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I was wondering why that was a probation. I thought it was a joke probe.

A no horny posting rule is good because horny posting is cringe but didn't really feel like that.

Anyway it's a sixer who gives a gently caress, it's probably over by now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

I was wondering why that was a probation. I thought it was a joke probe.

A no horny posting rule is good because horny posting is cringe but didn't really feel like that.

Anyway it's a sixer who gives a gently caress, it's probably over by now.

Oh yeah if it's a joke I totally missed it. Yeah, to be 1000% clear my entire feeling on it is "That one? Ok I guess but eh" so I thought I'd say that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Honestly just feels like it's a slippery slope. Once there's a precedent for "but it was just a joke!", it opens the door IMO. In the end, just don't make the post to begin with.

Also I tend to be able to look past stuff if I think it's just dumb, but if someone takes the time to report a post and their report isn't a joke I look at it differently.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 1, 2022

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yeah the post was probably a joke but it was also weird and like iggy said sixers are a pretty harmless way to get a point across lightly without being heavy handed about it - most people that get them don't even realize it until they look at their rap sheet later lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is merely a suggestion just like anything else but don't keep letting people get away with critiquing the vibes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

Cavauro posted:

This is merely a suggestion just like anything else but don't keep letting people get away with critiquing the vibes.

agreed cav.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

"you're getting worked" is the new "you have fed brain" and it's bad imo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uh.

Is there like. A line with the dude that constantly insults people and has now graduated to dropping slurs?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

So uh.

Is there like. A line with the dude that constantly insults people and has now graduated to dropping slurs?

Who's this now? I'm just getting online this morning so haven't trudged through all of the bullshit of the AEW thread yet (or anywhere else there may be other bullshit). Feel free to PM or report something if a post/poster needs to be looked at.

Cavauro posted:

I don't know what critiquing the vibes means

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ganso Bomb posted:

Who's this now? I'm just getting online this morning so haven't trudged through all of the bullshit of the AEW thread yet (or anywhere else there may be other bullshit). Feel free to PM or report something if a post/poster needs to be looked at.

Check the lepers colony, I'm guessing it refers to the probes Critical just dropped

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

Ganso Bomb posted:

the endless whining in the aew thread about posters and posting probably

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tarnop posted:

Check the lepers colony, I'm guessing it refers to the probes Critical just dropped

Oh, I saw slur and assumed someone was being racist or something. I guess I never identified the c-word as a slur but vulgar and lovely depending on the context (and I guess geographical location, too).

Nobody is allowed to post in the AEW thread while the mods are asleep anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mods need to sleep!? Preposterous.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can live with this

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh, I saw slur and assumed someone was being racist or something. I guess I never identified the c-word as a slur but vulgar and lovely depending on the context (and I guess geographical location, too).

Yeah I'm from the UK so my barometer is not well calibrated when it comes to that word but it was certainly referred to as a slur in the thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
not a slur.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Going to make this very clear, again, going forward as it's becoming an issue: Someone stating "I do not like XXX" is not a personal attack.

Responding with something like "I liked the promo and here's why I thought it worked" is good and promotes discussion. "LOL get worked nub" is dismissive and starts arguments.

MJeff posted:

So uh.

It's 0930 here and unfortunately my forums provided crystal ball is in the shop. Punishments have been meeted (moted? gently caress it's too early for grammar) out and discussions are happening.

Edit: The C word is considered a slur via forum rules and is only allowed in certain threads where it being verboten would cause people's brains to collapse, ie the UK and Aussie threads.

EditEdit: Ganso put this much better in the thread so I am going to post it here as well.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Love to wake up to a thread completely making GBS threads itself over nothing.

Can we all agree that to the wrestling fan, none of this poo poo is life and death? We had several pretty good weeks of the AEW thread being normal and not a giant pain in the rear end. Then, suddenly, there's one promo that some people liked and some people didn't like and everyone's heads exploded.

Nobody is going to come set your friends and family on fire because you liked or didn't like a wrestling promo, or any other aspect of a wrestling show.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, even if they have the audacity to be the opposite of your opinions. Nobody needs to get poo poo on for whatever they like/dislike and the thread really doesn't need a multi-page derail with petty snipes and stupid bitching.

Is it possible to just talk about wrestling like normal people? To not take everything personal or feel the need to lash out at someone because they feel a different way? Why is it so many people's kneejerk reaction to be sarcastic and antagonistic pricks?

Can everyone just take like 30 steps back, take a few deep breaths, and come back to the thread with a clear head and try not to start any stupid arguments? Is it possible to just discuss the thing we like without losing our minds?

Critical fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 2, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Critical posted:

It's 0930 here and unfortunately my forums provided crystal ball is in the shop.

What is Tony Khan's money to SomethingAwful LLC even going to?! :mad:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to make it clear that critiquing the vibe means nothing. Thank you for all the work; past, present, and future.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Critical posted:

meeted (moted? gently caress it's too early for grammar)

meted :eng101:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

What is Tony Khan's money to SomethingAwful LLC even going to?! :mad:

*quickly throws blanket over mox standee and 6 foot tall bong* oh, you know, stuff

thank you!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

i want to make it clear that critiquing the vibe means nothing. Thank you for all the work; past, present, and future.

Please don't critique your own posts

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People are too quick to jump into fights around here, too much animosity. I think it’s time the AEW thread implements the Gen Thread’s “say good morning and good night to each other” self-imposed rule. It turned an already great thread into a real, genuinely positive community.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Critical posted:

Edit: The C word is considered a slur via forum rules and is only allowed in certain threads where it being verboten would cause people's brains to collapse, ie the UK and Aussie threads.

Good evening

US cultural imperialism wins the day again, destroying my culture of using the c-word as punctuation to the point where it has lost any & all meaning

(I'm joking, obviously, I don't think I even really use it much in my posts unless I'm talking about politics, which obviously doesn't happen so much in this sub-forum.)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please create a british territories wrestling thread and please allow that slur in that thread, unless you are canadian.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cavauro posted:

please create a british territories wrestling thread and please allow that slur in that thread, unless you are canadian.

why do you want to call big daddy such mean things

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NienNunb posted:

People are too quick to jump into fights around here, too much animosity. I think it’s time the AEW thread implements the Gen Thread’s “say good morning and good night to each other” self-imposed rule. It turned an already great thread into a real, genuinely positive community.

This is a wonderful idea. Although can there be exceptions for people like me who only post in there maybe once every two months if that?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

denied

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's not just in the AEW thread. The general WWE and Bad Take threads are filled with posters jumping on each other. If somebody mentions that they once enjoyed an Undertaker match, we're treated to a barrage of people falling over themselves to explain that Undertaker is a Blue Lives boomer idiot and you're wrong for ever liking him. It makes some tedious reading and kills any other line of discussion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

why do you want to call big daddy such mean things

only because I cannot say it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kosmo Gallion posted:

It's not just in the AEW thread. The general WWE and Bad Take threads are filled with posters jumping on each other. If somebody mentions that they once enjoyed an Undertaker match, we're treated to a barrage of people falling over themselves to explain that Undertaker is a Blue Lives boomer idiot and you're wrong for ever liking him. It makes some tedious reading and kills any other line of discussion.

It really doesn't feel like it happens that often in the WWE thread. Which I only read because it is an order of magnitude less busy that the AEW thread.

It's been true in the past for sure and it isn't free from this on occasion but definitely isn't "filled" or "a barrage" or anything like that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Bad Takes thread is literally a thread devoted to finding opinions everyone can mock and laugh at. So like it’s hardly surprising that peoples natural response in that environment would be to mock and laugh at opinions they don’t like or agree with. It’s the established culture.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
As an old goon I think it's just a sign of the times that people are jumpy online. Everyone everywhere is real stressed right now and the anonymity of forums makes it easy to pick fights even when everyone involved probably knows better. Idk, I think things are going pretty ok but I'm not a good barometer for tracking behavior since I'm basically the guy from Momento except for posting. As for hornyposting imho I think that's in good spot right now and the occasional sixer, even if a bit much at times, is good just to keep it in check. Just an lil bonk to tamp things down. I hope you have a good day and know that you the reader are a cool person who matters, namaste.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

As an old goon I think it's just a sign of the times that people are jumpy online. Everyone everywhere is real stressed right now and the anonymity of forums makes it easy to pick fights even when everyone involved probably knows better. Idk, I think things are going pretty ok but I'm not a good barometer for tracking behavior since I'm basically the guy from Momento except for posting. As for hornyposting imho I think that's in good spot right now and the occasional sixer, even if a bit much at times, is good just to keep it in check. Just an lil bonk to tamp things down. I hope you have a good day and know that you the reader are a cool person who matters, namaste.

Yeah I'll agree with this, it's just really hard to not be on edge these days which sucks even about things I barely care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rick posted:

This is a wonderful idea. Although can there be exceptions for people like me who only post in there maybe once every two months if that?

No. You better be saying good morning and goodnight.

Good night