Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
As good as any Euro Lager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

codo27 posted:

So after the initial learning curve with my first keg in the kegerator, everything was fine for the next few. Then I went on vacation and since I came home, things suck. More head than a good date. Nothing the manual calls for applies, temp is good, keg hasn't been agitated, pressure unchanged. I release pressure on the coupler as it says. Nope. I've even replaced that keg and its the same thing. Tips?

In addition to releasing the pressure at the coupler, have you also left the gas off for a short while and then tried to pour (with the pressure still off)?

Edit: Have you taken the faucet off and thoroughly cleaned it? If you have this standard style of faucet, there is a little hole at the front that needs to open/blockage free otherwise you wont get nicely balanced flow.

atothesquiz fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 28, 2022

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Where do I put my mouth

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The 16mm part just like our date last week

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Some of the Goose Island BCBS variants are $40 this year….I feel like that’s a pretty big jump?

Busting unions ain't cheap.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Spanish Manlove posted:

The 16mm part just like our date last week

0.63 inches?

powerful self-own

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That is the kind of faucet I have. What precautions should I take before removing it?

They had goose island beer at a restaurant here we went to earlier this year and it was the most foul brew I've ever tasted. Irredeemable

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

codo27 posted:

That is the kind of faucet I have. What precautions should I take before removing it?

https://youtu.be/OXc5ltzKq3Y

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

codo27 posted:

They had goose island beer at a restaurant here we went to earlier this year and it was the most foul brew I've ever tasted. Irredeemable

They managed to keep making well regarded high end stuff even after getting bought by InBev 10 years ago so I’ll give them that. I wouldn’t order any of their “regular” beers if it was on a tap list though.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

codo27 posted:

Getting a face full of full-pressure beer is part of the charm of owning a kegerator and everyone needs to experience it once or 9 times.

Turn the CO2 valve off after your regulator, disconnect the keg coupler, and you should be able to take it off no problem. Just remember to put the faucet back on and close it before opening the CO2 valve back up :v:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

smackfu posted:

They managed to keep making well regarded high end stuff even after getting bought by InBev 10 years ago so I’ll give them that. I wouldn’t order any of their “regular” beers if it was on a tap list though.

Goose tried hard for a long time to make the stuff coming out of Baldwinsville and Fort Collins true to the original Fulton Street stuff, but at this point they seem to have given up and said "gently caress it". They have a gem here and there but in general the quality and even the branding are far from what they used to be.

Hell, I'm still pissed that Brett Porter hosed up Nightstalker 2012 so badly that it torpedoed all the non-barreled BCBS varieties forever.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Holy poo poo Nightstalker. Garbage.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

danbanana posted:

Holy poo poo Nightstalker. Garbage.

The original version, dry-hopped with Columbus, ruled. Brett Porter's version, dry-hopped with three year old Magnum and Hallertauer, was profoundly bad.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Happy holidays goons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I refuse!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hi beer thread!

By some insane cosmic happenstance I'm almost exactly equidistant between four of the five different Treehouse locations. Is there any reason to go or not go to any particular one? Was planning on picking up some cans and I've only ever been to the Charlton location before.

E: just noticed that the Woodstock one is apparently only cider? Guess I can scratch that off the list.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

Hi beer thread!

By some insane cosmic happenstance I'm almost exactly equidistant between four of the five different Treehouse locations. Is there any reason to go or not go to any particular one? Was planning on picking up some cans and I've only ever been to the Charlton location before.

E: just noticed that the Woodstock one is apparently only cider? Guess I can scratch that off the list.

The main brewery itself is Charlton and some people care about getting it direct at the source like that, so if that’s you then that’s the one to go to. They may also have more available there than elsewhere. Otherwise I really love the Sandwich location down on the Cape. Absolutely gorgeous views even in the cold, and in the off season the parking shouldn’t be full (although I’m not sure of this one, their lot is pretty small)

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Tewksbury is to go only rn, so not worth it unless you're just grabbing cans. Its super worth it for bostonians or folk in the mv.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quiet Feet posted:

Hi beer thread!

Deerfield has a nice relaxed vibe and the pizza is really good. Plus if you’re just grabbing cans it’s quick and easy. I hate doing can pickup from Charlton because on busy days it’s a whole process and then you’ve got to lug everything back half a mile to the car.

Screaming_Gremlin
Dec 26, 2005

Look at him. Dude's a stone-cold badass.
Sandwich is a great location as mentioned above, but you need to get a reservation before you go from their website. I don't think it would be an issue, especially at this time of year. But something to keep in mind. Charlton and Deerfield are both great.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Y'all are making me want to take a road trip out there again. I've only been to the Charlton location - it was the only spot they had opened at the time. It has to be one of the most impressive breweries I've ever been to (admittedly, I haven't been to many of the larger California breweries, or New Glarus).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Corb3t posted:

Y'all are making me want to take a road trip out there again. I've only been to the Charlton location - it was the only spot they had opened at the time. It has to be one of the most impressive breweries I've ever been to (admittedly, I haven't been to many of the larger California breweries, or New Glarus).

Worth a trip. They’ve worked out most of the issues that Charlton used to have so the days of 2+ hour lines are long gone. Separate draft bar for their lagers, most of which are very good, so while all the plebs are waiting in line at the other bar for 20 variations of Julius you can just walk up and get a pint of the good stuff easily.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I still wouldn’t go on a busy day. We went on Columbus Day and both draft lines were 20+ minute waits and two drink maximum. Wednesdays and Thursdays are chill.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thanks all. Ended up going to Sandwich. Great view of the ocean and I hope to go back at some point because I only had time to grab and go. Thankfully wasn't busy this morning.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
For future reference, the pro move is going to Charlton and then getting BBQ from BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Rakekniven posted:

For future reference, the pro move is going to Charlton and then getting BBQ from BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge.

Very true. Place looks like a shithole but the BBQ is legit.

Then go get yourself some cheap hooch from Yankee spirits and call it a drat good day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why why why do they put corn syrup in Hamm's and mess up an otherwise perfectly good cheap beer?

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

It's gotta have an adjunct, otherwise it's not to style! What, you expecting a German Helles?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Hamm's is still a better beer than like 99.9% of beers and cheaper than 99.9% of beers and more consistent than 99.9% of beers.

Please no Hamm's slander in this thread

housefullofgarbage
Jan 16, 2019

The Summer of Garbage

Fat Lou posted:

Hamm's is still a better beer than like 99.9% of beers and cheaper than 99.9% of beers and more consistent than 99.9% of beers.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Fat Lou posted:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Fat Lou posted:

No haters here in the Hamm's Zone.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I like that no one is hating hamms in 2023 :)

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Fat Lou posted:

I like that no one is hating hamms in 2023 :)

This thing lives on my desk.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I got some of the new fat tire and hoo boy is it not anywhere near as good as the original. It's some kind of a golden ale now and has a way fruitier aroma and is almost kind of astringent. Not sure who this beer is meant for since they don't mention on the package anywhere that they changed the recipe so it's just gonna piss off everyone that actually buys fat tire still.

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sightlines/2023/1/12/new-belgium-fat-tire-gets-full-makeover-after-sales-tumble

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That’s a shame. New Belgium always has fond memories for me because they had no distribution in New England until they opened the Asheville brewery in 2016. So it was a big deal when we finally got the famous Fat Tire.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Beer? In this economy!?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I buy New Belgium all the time but I havent touched Fat Tire in years lol. I shall continue not to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fat tire was fine. Idk why u all hate! Anyway, back to my vintage bottle of budwsier black crown