Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He ain't wrong. Anytime they have a failed run on 1st down they call for a five step drop and Jones gets sacked for like an eight yard loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The defensive players at least have Bill sort of in charge, even if he mostly delegates it to his kid now

The offensive players are being coached by tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Joe Judge out there thanking his lucky stars he lost the playcalling power struggle and is only the 3rd/4th (behind Patricia, Bill, and maybe Mac) name on the list of responsibility for this mess instead of #1

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mac Jones is failing Matt Patricia.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/michaelFhurley/status/1598663020674179076

Mac bad yea yea but Prime Tom Brady wouldn't be able to do much with this line and OC

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

didn’t watch the game but i can only surmise that the Bills are frauds

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nosre posted:

lol

Mac bad yea yea but Prime Tom Brady wouldn't be able to do much with this line and OC

gotta learn how to step up in the pocket!!

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I'm willing to concede that there is a chance the Pats won't be making the playoffs.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

MaximilianK posted:

I'm willing to concede that there is a chance the Pats won't be making the playoffs.
:Sad face: The Bills-Pats playoff game was so much fun.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I love all the stuff with Fitzy and Josh at the post game.

"He's a lot like you except he's talented" made me lmao. Josh was perfect on that he even got Tony Gonzalez to lighten up. It was so cool to see.

I love you Josh Allen!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Lol black pants will for sure win

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1598675139792715780?s=46&t=4q83akUvjLkzjwbHuOiPXg

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Seeing Tremaine back and stabilising the middle of the defence has me firmly in the extend him camp.

Yeah he sometimes gets washed out of plays but his absence the past few weeks was so noticeable

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fsif posted:

Wow the Pats look loving awful and Belichick has no heart lol

Been saying this all year. Stop fearing the Pats, they fundamentally ain't poo poo anymore.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

LightReaper posted:

Seeing Tremaine back and stabilising the middle of the defence has me firmly in the extend him camp.

Yeah he sometimes gets washed out of plays but his absence the past few weeks was so noticeable

At the very least if they choose to let him walk they need to invest in a capable replacement

The depth are just bums

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Nosre posted:

lol

Pats need Beefier Boys.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

At the very least if they choose to let him walk they need to invest in a capable replacement

The depth are just bums
My feelings about Edmunds exactly. And also Poyer. Hamlin is decent in coverage (and not much else), but I noticed when he got ejected, they sent out Cam Lewis.

I think the coaching staff might hate Jaquan Johnson as much as we do!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He ain't wrong. Anytime they have a failed run on 1st down they call for a five step drop and Jones gets sacked for like an eight yard loss.

Ah yes, the old “Tannehill” offense

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Brady leaves Pats and instantly wins a ring

Belichick is too old to micromanage everything and has to delegate

Belichick assembles maybe the worst NFL staff of all time out of failsons and taint washing retreads

:discourse:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Bill is just putting in the minimum effort to get the win record, I don't think he actually cares about anything else anymore

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1598666984148852738

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR4rsGJF/

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
It was a really good game from Dorsey. He took what the Patriots do well and used it to beat them to death.

LightReaper posted:

The only thing that sucks is if we extend Tremaine we probably lose Ed Oliver.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Was never happening because he's Allen's boy, but they PROBABLY should have used that Knox money on one of the defenders.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

It was a really good game from Dorsey. He took what the Patriots do well and used it to beat them to death.

The only thing that sucks is if we extend Tremaine we probably lose Ed Oliver.

fsif posted:

Was never happening because he's Allen's boy, but they PROBABLY should have used that Knox money on one of the defenders.

To be fair to them, Oliver looked pretty replaceable before this year. We're getting to the point in our window where we have to make hard choices about who to retain and how to retain them, and it's probably too early in Josh's career to Saints it up yet.
We'll have to draft well and have some success sorting through the NFL's scrapheap to sustain ourselves. Knox is definitely having a down year though, which is hurting the offense even though it's entirely understandable. But it does suggest that we might want to get a backup TE who is more than a warm body.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Knox is definitely having a down year though, which is hurting the offense even though it's entirely understandable. But it does suggest that we might want to get a backup TE who is more than a warm body.

He is but that unfortunately was a game where the TE needs to basically block all game because of the Oline. That said you aren't wanting to pay him that to just block constantly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami has similar issues, and I think it's all about the formula. You have to nail one of the $$ key positions - DE/QB/OT/CB - in the draft while having proven assets in the other areas via either other draft hits or big contract signings.

For instance, we've got Melvin Ingram out here having his best season since 2017 and he's barely costing Miami anything - 1 year, 3.93 million.
Now we've locked ourselves into Bradley Chubb, and we have Tua requiring a big ol extension in 2024 @ 40+ mm a year...

I imagine Miami has to now try to hit on big OTs. Armstead just cant stay healthy, and Austin Jackson seems to simply suck. Connor Williams was a free agency homerun - converting him to center and having him play at an above average starter while earning only 7mm a year... thats the type of steal we have to find for OT and RT. I'm just not sure we can do it.

You free up some cash obviously with some basic restructure of Chubb and Jones. I think you have to move X next season.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 2, 2022

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ve never thought that highly of Knox, and while he’s made some big plays in the past, he’s absolutely not worth the money I’m terms of skill/usage.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami has similar issues, and I think it's all about the formula.

For instance, we've got Melvin Ingram out here having his best season since 2017 and he's barely costing Miami anything - 1 year, 3.93 million.

Yeah. We have a lot of important FAs who aren't necessarily starters but are big contributors. All the RBs, Ingram, van Ginkel and I think a couple of others.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I want like 3 o-linemen within our first 4 picks. 2 of them tackles

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1598710411985141761

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

I’ve never thought that highly of Knox, and while he’s made some big plays in the past, he’s absolutely not worth the money I’m terms of skill/usage.
Yeah, I think extending him was a mistake: a classic one of latching onto one year of good production has an indicator that he was on the rise and good tummy feels.
Rather than that likely being his ceiling.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. We have a lot of important FAs who aren't necessarily starters but are big contributors. All the RBs, Ingram, van Ginkel and I think a couple of others.

Its really, really hard not to view Ingram and Chubb as similar value currently, but Im potentially basing that on recency bias because Ingram always seems to have that game sealing sack or a huge fumble recovery, etc. Hes just ALWAYS near the ball.

Chubb is coming into his own, and having 1.5 sacks in 2 games for a team is a drat good ratio I'd take over the life of his career if he can continue his level of run defense. Im expecting Phillips to become out 9-12 sack a year guy.

Ogbah likely leaves in 2024, staying in 2023, but he does so reminding us that Chris Grier seems to nail the mid level FA signings. Similar to Connor Williams, we signed a mid to upper level FA for peanuts compared to their blue chip brethren (I think Ogbah was something nuts like 2/13 and Connow Williams was 2/14) and we got pro bowl caliber play. I just feel like relying on these homerun signings is a really, really risky endeavor.

Ogbah does have a nice and fat 2023 salary to restructure but phew, he can get expensive quick if you're truly aiming at cutting him in 2024.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ah poo poo I forgot we've gotta extend Wilkins in 2023. He's such a leader and such a great interior player... but extending him likely means we've gotta let Zach Sieler go in 2024. He'll get a huge huge raise from some team (rightfully so)

Miami's got lots of options. We can easily free up... 24-28 million with restructures of FOUR guys (Chubb, Hill, Jones and Ogbah) but... that usually kicks the can down the road. Jones and Ogbah likely arent in Miami's plans after 2023.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 2, 2022

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I really want to know how much money Bryce Huff is going to get. On one hand, he plays like 9 snaps a game. On the other, holy poo poo are those a good 9 snaps.

Also Myles Garrett is an alien.

https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1598718175515926529?s=46&t=I-eJqPmBGgFFGjVF8MESbA

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/moriartysports/...l-patriots.html

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

I really want to know how much money Bryce Huff is going to get. On one hand, he plays like 9 snaps a game. On the other, holy poo poo are those a good 9 snaps.

Also Myles Garrett is an alien.

https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1598718175515926529?s=46&t=I-eJqPmBGgFFGjVF8MESbA

Maybe he should play more idk

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I always had suspected this.

The era of the Patriots impotence and irrelevance perfectly crystalized by Josh Allen's beautiful face being shaved with a Gillette razor.

The longer the suffering, the sweeter and more profound the justice.

Josh Allen: Avatar of our revenge against the New England Patriots.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/Anthony_Chiang/status/1598722173157482497

I'm not sure if this is a good idea at all, but Armstead playing against the 9ers would be transformative

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Dolphins will be interesting to watch the next few weeks. They really haven't played a team with a decent defense since the Jets in W5.

They have Niners obv this week and they're awesome, Chargers are kinda bad/injured otherwise it's just the AFCe opponents with good defenses.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami's biggest concern is defensive line and they've faced the years best edge rusher already.

They'll lose if they are getting to Tua. Armstead being out is huge. Its why 2023 has to be headlined by a permanent solution at LT. They've demonstrated that the system works with a top quality LT, and we're only going to see Armstead miss more games. I think accept that he's here for 6-8 games next season, and draft your OT heir. Just keep drafting them at this point - we seem to hit on every 10%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For those of you who aren’t masochists or dumb like me and don’t listen to Bill Simmons, he and Peter Schrager are floating the idea of Brady coming back to the Pats.

Some of their reasons are terrible (good Oline and receivers!) but I cannot express how much I would LOVE this.

Please Tom, come back and get your face sacked off by Chubb, JP, Von Miller, Quinnen, etc and finish last in the division. I loving dare you.