Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

coronatae posted:

And they warned me what it would feel like when they did the IV contrast but holy hell it really does feel like you're peeing yourself right there on the scan table.

Ah yes, the "my taint is on fire" sensation. They said "you may feel something" and oh boy did I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Ah yes, the "my taint is on fire" sensation. They said "you may feel something" and oh boy did I.

the one time I had contrast it felt like my pubes were replaced with rabid fire ants, it was a hell of an experience

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Hell yeah day one and my emotions are fuuuuuuucked right now. Inshallah my very sweet partner can withstand how absolutely batshit I currently am.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Pyrtanis posted:

the one time I had contrast it felt like my pubes were replaced with rabid fire ants, it was a hell of an experience

See I had that and then it got increasingly hot and itchy and hives-y and then oops turns out I’m allergic to contrast! I can breath and swallow normally but it does swell up my larynx to the point I can’t speak.

I’ve been so increasingly anxiously and bursting into tears at anything remotely sad lately in the days leading up to my period but I can’t tell if it’s just the pms or the new ADHD med I’m on… Or the fact I am not eating nearly enough because Concerta has totally killed my appetite. And it’s super weird to be PMSing and not be starving.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 5, 2022

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

HellOnEarth posted:

See I had that and then it got increasingly hot and itchy and hives-y and then oops turns out I’m allergic to contrast! I can breath and swallow normally but it does swell up my larynx to the point I can’t speak.

I’ve been so increasingly anxiously and bursting into tears at anything remotely sad lately in the days leading up to my period but I can’t tell if it’s just the pms or the new ADHD med I’m on… Or the fact I am not eating nearly enough because Concerta has totally killed my appetite. And it’s super weird to be PMSing and not be starving.

When I was unable to find the will to eat due to meds, I got a six pack of ensure and just open palm slammed that bitch at least once a day. Vanilla is pretty decent

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

HellOnEarth posted:

Hey, there's an ADHD thread - I think it lives in EN. If you wanna chat about meds and such with folk who might know specifically about that, please pop over. That said - when I started (generic) Concerta a couple years ago my appetite went right through the floor, but it only lasted for a few weeks. I still don't get hungry like I used to, but it's better than it was. I dropped 16kg (...what, about 40lb) in the first three months of being medicated. Don't worry, I had plenty to lose!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Everything hurts and I’m dying

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I learned today that a woman's sense of smell is sharpest when she's most fertile because holy gently caress I am smelling every little thing and it's giving me a headache. Had to do the pet cage cleaning one day earlier than normal because I could smell it on the other side of the house. This is the worst.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Ever had a clot so intense you almost take a picture of it?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

CherryCola posted:

It wasn't intense but it was huge, other than that yes.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

CherryCola posted:

I once had a clot clog a bathtub drain. like it was already a little slow I guess and the clot was the final straw. Ended up having to use some drain cleaner.
I was both horrified and impressed.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

CherryCola posted:

Almost? I had to take pictures of 2 of them during one bad period so my doctor could see how big they were.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Honestly I do sometimes wonder if maybe it’s not normal. Over the last day I’ve had to change my super size tampon at least every three hours, including waking up to do so. I am very over it.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Oh and having Covid in September does seem to have permanently shifted my cycle six days later exactly. So weird!

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

My most recent period was a good three or four days early but I'm actually not mad for once because it shifted the trajectory of my next period so I'll now be blood-free at an all day music festival next month in disgusting hot weather. I'll take it. :hehe:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Anybody have experience with using the combined pill to avoid periods entirely? It was working for me for almost 5 months, but I suddenly started spotting for about a week before I decided to just let the period happen.

I guess only having a period a few times a year is still better than the alternative, but I'm hoping this is just one of those things that gets better as your body gets used to the change.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

womb with a view posted:

Anybody have experience with using the combined pill to avoid periods entirely? It was working for me for almost 5 months, but I suddenly started spotting for about a week before I decided to just let the period happen.

I guess only having a period a few times a year is still better than the alternative, but I'm hoping this is just one of those things that gets better as your body gets used to the change.

I've been skipping my periods using the pill for nearly 15 years now. I literally could not tell you the last time I had more than very minor spotting, but it would be over a decade ago easily.

The only time I've ever spotted for more than a couple of days was when I was forced to switch from Norimin to Levlen by the production shortages. I solved it by taking 2 pills per night instead of 1 for about a month, then dropped down to 1 again and have had no more issues since then (and when switching back to Norimin I had no spotting at all).

I can't honestly remember if I had weeklong spotting back when I first started, but if I did I would have just powered through and kept skipping the placebo pills. I've never let a period happen since I first made the decision to skip them.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Yeah, there's a lot of contradictory information out there on what to do about breakthrough bleeding, but after this experiment I'm inclined to believe that powering through is going to be the better option next time. If it happens again for too long I'll talk to my doctor, maybe I need to change to a higher dose. Glad that it worked out so well for you in the long term though, that gives me hope!

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
If all goes according to plan this should be my penultimate period. Now I just need to survive the cramps coinciding with me throwing my lower back out and being in oodles of pain! My heat pad is doing double duty lol…

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

So tired

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I had a covid booster shot 10 days ago. I've had a couple of PMS symptoms, but I haven't had to saddle up yet.

So we wait. Will it hit next week on vacation or will it hit at a mystery time to be determined suddenly?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Feeling some depression today for no reason, so I guess things are going great in my body.

For the clot expulsion, I had one once that was disturbingly large and gross and I thought my whole uterus fell out somehow. It was actually an incredibly scary thing and I very vividly recall the panic, blood on my thighs and underwear, and toilet that looked like a murder scene. It was The Worst Day for periods for me.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Grrr.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Slipped on the stairs and landed on my rear end, I now have two lovely shiners adorning my crack!

Of course this somehow made my period start 7 days early, because why not

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Pyrtanis posted:

Slipped on the stairs and landed on my rear end, I now have two lovely shiners adorning my crack!

I apologize deeply for giggling at this.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Passed a lump of clot/tissue today in the shower that looked a lot like the silhouette of a lion running as it washed down the drain.

I really only bleed on the first day or two, the rest of the time it’s clumps and chunks of gellified gunk or sheets of peeled grey tissue, and extremely ropy clearish brown mucus, which is very satisfying to grab the edge off and pull out in one piece. None of that poo poo would ever soak into a tampon and that is the main reason I love my moon cup so much.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

If all goes according to plan this should be my penultimate period. Now I just need to survive the cramps coinciding with me throwing my lower back out and being in oodles of pain! My heat pad is doing double duty lol…

I got an iud earlier this year, I had quite a bit of spotting for the first few months so be prepared. You may not have it at all but it lasted a while for me. At this point I only seem to be spotting when I would normally have my period. This time its literally just a pink tinge on the toilet paper so I'm hoping next time there will officially be nothing! But yeah I wasn't totally prepared for how much it would hurt. I guess I should have figured it being such a sensitive area but, oh well, at least I don't have to deal with it again for 7 years!

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

Dixville posted:

I got an iud earlier this year, I had quite a bit of spotting for the first few months so be prepared. You may not have it at all but it lasted a while for me. At this point I only seem to be spotting when I would normally have my period. This time its literally just a pink tinge on the toilet paper so I'm hoping next time there will officially be nothing! But yeah I wasn't totally prepared for how much it would hurt. I guess I should have figured it being such a sensitive area but, oh well, at least I don't have to deal with it again for 7 years!

My obgyn and I talked about an IUD, and how I’d have to be knocked out fully to get it bc of my vaginismus. Combine that with being an ace person and yeah…I can barely stand tampons!

We’re going the route of a hysterectomy which was my call and the surgeon fully supports! I’m glad you are done with the heavy bleeding for seven years!

So far the hardest part has been getting my insurance to pay for the FMLA/medical leave but that’s :911: for you

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

My obgyn and I talked about an IUD, and how I’d have to be knocked out fully to get it bc of my vaginismus. Combine that with being an ace person and yeah…I can barely stand tampons!

We’re going the route of a hysterectomy which was my call and the surgeon fully supports! I’m glad you are done with the heavy bleeding for seven years!

So far the hardest part has been getting my insurance to pay for the FMLA/medical leave but that’s :911: for you

Oh my bad. Yeah I can't decide if I want kids yet so I just went with the iud since you can always get it taken out. But yeah if you have vaginismus, it's definitely not for you, it was like 10x the discomfort of a pap smear for me. I don't know if I'll do it again regardless if I don't want to have kids. The pill apparently is affected by my medications though so I dunno maybe I'll just become an incel

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Still absolute radio silence on taking out my goddamn fallopian tubes. I should just do it myself how hard could it be

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Just replace canine with fallopian tube and you're all good

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pyrtanis posted:

What. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I like to take baths, and feel like a bath cleans everything out really good.

I guess my question is when you're on your period do you take a bath, ignore the smell of blood once it overtakes the water smell, and just ignore the floaty bits of uterus as the water slowly turns red?

Because I do, and I have forever and I just ignore that I'm literally sitting in my own blood for a while, and even continue on to wash my body and hair like it's perfectly fine and clean water.

Still moody today but not bleeding any yet, but feeling the hint of a cramp building up. Got the grrrs still and am super snappy to people. Fun!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I just continue to have my diva cup in when I take a bath but the blood thing sounds way more metal

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

The Titanic posted:

I like to take baths, and feel like a bath cleans everything out really good.

I guess my question is when you're on your period do you take a bath, ignore the smell of blood once it overtakes the water smell, and just ignore the floaty bits of uterus as the water slowly turns red?

Because I do, and I have forever and I just ignore that I'm literally sitting in my own blood for a while, and even continue on to wash my body and hair like it's perfectly fine and clean water.

I also bathe in the blood water 🩸🌊 My baths are long enough that I empty and refill the water partially to keep it hot, anyway

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I also bathe in the blood water 🩸🌊 My baths are long enough that I empty and refill the water partially to keep it hot, anyway

It is the way. :black101:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Between my period, just getting over a medium-severity cold, and having a sick four-year-old home all week from school I am so bodily and mentally tired I just want to get into the warm Matrix goo and give up and let the supercomputer run my life now.

Also in the back of my head, there's the whisper of a libido and the rest of my body laughs at the idea of even working up the energy to be aroused, much less actually doing sex stuff.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Between my period, just getting over a medium-severity cold, and having a sick four-year-old home all week from school I am so bodily and mentally tired I just want to get into the warm Matrix goo and give up and let the supercomputer run my life now.

Also in the back of my head, there's the whisper of a libido and the rest of my body laughs at the idea of even working up the energy to be aroused, much less actually doing sex stuff.

:effort:

I tend to enjoy being teasy far more than actually putting in the energy to do the deed and the focus to actually get off. I probably need to just buy some toys that makes the whole process easier, but I don't want to do that either.

Good luck with finding your energy and sexual strength.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Ralph Crammed In posted:

:respek:

This fall and winter sucks. Sick/period/sick kid combo is terrible.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

GF planned a double birthday party with a friend (both 40!!) so it'd be a week before her period.

Has gone mostly as planned, apart from someone at the party being asymptomatic for COVID so now half a dozen people are positive including GF who is coughing her lungs out *and* has cramping, poops, etc.

I'm testing negative so trying to help her but apart from errands, making dinner, shopping there's no much I can do :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

GF planned a double birthday party with a friend (both 40!!) so it'd be a week before her period.

Has gone mostly as planned, apart from someone at the party being asymptomatic for COVID so now half a dozen people are positive including GF who is coughing her lungs out *and* has cramping, poops, etc.

I'm testing negative so trying to help her but apart from errands, making dinner, shopping there's no much I can do :/

Well, covid is known to gently caress with one's cycle, so if things aren't showing up on schedule in the future just keep it in mind. Hope she feels better soon :ohdear: and that you get spared.