Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!
If you want to complete/progress really fast on the Battlepass just load up an auto-XP creative map like this one and just idle your way to tons of levels. It's been around for like 2 years+ I used it to help complete like every pass since season 2 chapter 3. It takes like 2 minutes to setup, and you just have to fire your gun once every like 20 minutes for the xp to keep pouring in.

Island code 6196-8521-9825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kipXwWBBTqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

interesting. i think if I were in a rush that would def be an option, but I really plow through so many levels right off the bat I never feel super rushed. i also am fortunate enough to have a lot of free time.

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

dorium posted:

interesting. i think if I were in a rush that would def be an option, but I really plow through so many levels right off the bat I never feel super rushed. i also am fortunate enough to have a lot of free time.

I have already competed all the weekly quests and all the mini events it just really makes the level 120+ -> 200 grind disappear.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Barely played this season. Trying to steamroll through my levels. Still need to get a win for the umbrella so I guess that is my focus tonight and tomorrow

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wankie posted:

If you want to complete/progress really fast on the Battlepass just load up an auto-XP creative map like this one and just idle your way to tons of levels. It's been around for like 2 years+ I used it to help complete like every pass since season 2 chapter 3. It takes like 2 minutes to setup, and you just have to fire your gun once every like 20 minutes for the xp to keep pouring in.

Thanks for this! I thought I wasn’t going to be able to get the spider gwen skin since I didn’t play a lot during the second half of the season, but this got me there easily.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Completed the Bytes quest last night. Got real lucky for the last 4-5 chrome location kills, and then team rumble made chroming 10 people super easy

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

man I didn't even think about doing it in team rumble. I ended up dropping in a chromed area near one of the popular spots, slapping a few trees or rocks for chrome, and running in and throwing them at people like party favors.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Team rumble is amazing for getting weapon based quests done.

Still miss 50v50 though. That’s never coming back.

Also, real pleased with how painless the battle pass is in this. I played this season pretty casual but managed to get everything in the bp and two pages of the bonus bp without much issue. Just played normal and did all the quests I could.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite no-build is good and thr content drip feed is just enough to keep everything interesting.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yea I only dabbled in Fortnite before zero build but now that I can shoot someone without them building a house I’m enjoying it a lot more.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Overbite posted:

Yea I only dabbled in Fortnite before zero build but now that I can shoot someone without them building a house I’m enjoying it a lot more.

Yeah removing the building made the game enjoyable for me again. My old man hands couldn't keep up with thr building. No-build releveled the playing field.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Wankie posted:

I have already competed all the weekly quests and all the mini events it just really makes the level 120+ -> 200 grind disappear.

true, i was just grinding on milestones after 150 then that skin with the free 7 levels every week for a month helped quite a bit too.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I enjoyed building in that I liked being able to make a ramp for myself to get up a cliff or make a bridge across rooftops or whatever. Hated shooting at a player and having them build a fortress of bulletproof metal in 2 seconds though. Didn't make sense that they could replace walls faster than I could destroy them.

Maybe they could have nerfed how fast you could build or weaken the structures or something as a compromise, but as it is I'm No Build For Life

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wankie posted:

I was going to use this to get the final 30 levels to 200, but how the hell do they turn into an apple? There is no interaction at the apple to transform to go into that area that I can find? :(

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What is the difference between the weapon rarities in no-build?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mister Facetious posted:

Are they different between No Build and Build? I though they were exactly the same??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mister Facetious posted:

should be none? anecdotally, it feels higher, but no reason to think that beyond playtimes probably

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

The differences are damage, accuracy, and I think most other stats like reload or bullet velocity.

Between the modes? Should be none.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
In no build there's a self recharging mini shield, maybe some weapons feel different because of that.

With my 500 extra coins from the Battlepass I made my first shop purchase and bought the Jumpin' emote. Time to try how long I can manage to jump around the map without getting fragged.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I was going to use this to get the final 30 levels to 200, but how the hell do they turn into an apple? There is no interaction at the apple to transform to go into that area that I can find? :(

There’s a gun you pick that you point and fire at the apple to transform into it. I forgot the name of the gun, but it looks like a comic space pistol if that helps.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

There’s a gun you pick that you point and fire at the apple to transform into it. I forgot the name of the gun, but it looks like a comic space pistol if that helps.

That does, I rewatched the video and found it and was just about to post that it's the Prop Gun or something.

One thing I'm noticing though, the EXP that is shown in the video is resetting the counter at like 200+, I'm getting MUCH less and it resets at like 60 exp. I get only 13 exp per 'secret' tick, which I feel like I'm doing something wrong, yet I have activated each point on the map like they did...

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Drowning Rabbit posted:

There is a prop gun, looks like a 50's ray gun, with the other weapons.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That does, I rewatched the video and found it and was just about to post that it's the Prop Gun or something.

One thing I'm noticing though, the EXP that is shown in the video is resetting the counter at like 200+, I'm getting MUCH less and it resets at like 60 exp. I get only 13 exp per 'secret' tick, which I feel like I'm doing something wrong, yet I have activated each point on the map like they did...

There were some nerfs to these kinds of maps, this season. the more people who have used a map, the less XP it will give.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You all know about the free v-bucks trick with the save the world mode if you have access to it right?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lowen SoDium posted:

There were some nerfs to these kinds of maps, this season. the more people who have used a map, the less XP it will give.

Ah, well that's frustrating :(

Explains it I guess, but poo poo. I also appreciate the video for this map didn't include a bunch of random bullshit JUST to pad out the time to 10 minutes for monetization -_-

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Tafferling posted:

In no build there's a self recharging mini shield, maybe some weapons feel different because of that.

With my 500 extra coins from the Battlepass I made my first shop purchase and bought the Jumpin' emote. Time to try how long I can manage to jump around the map without getting fragged.

I hit my battlepass goal last night so I spent a match just entirely running the chugga-chugga emote. Made it to top 10.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Are they different between No Build and Build? I though they were exactly the same??

I've never played build mode. I just want to know like, what does a gold Hammer do differently than a grey one?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

I've never played build mode. I just want to know like, what does a gold Hammer do differently than a grey one?

Higher damage and better accuracy

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
The day before the end of season 3, I finally got enough levels to get the Chromepunk skin. WAY after Halloween. What a grind.

Also, the goo gun is so overused at this point it's basically pumpkin spice jizz.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Mr Hootington posted:

You all know about the free v-bucks trick with the save the world mode if you have access to it right?

It's worth noting that the VBux are only for people who purchased PVE ages ago, when the game was 'still in early access' or whatever, so you can't buy in now and get the VBux farm unfortunately.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Blorknorg posted:

It's worth noting that the VBux are only for people who purchased PVE ages ago, when the game was 'still in early access' or whatever, so you can't buy in now and get the VBux farm unfortunately.

That true? Man that sucks for a lot of people.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Mr Hootington posted:

That true? Man that sucks for a lot of people.

It's a grandfathered-in sort of thing the devs kept as thanks for people who supported the game when it was a struggling indie game, rather than the biggest thing in the world. You can still use PVE to farm decent amounts of battlepass experience though, you get about 15k per mission completion and 32k per daily, and you can wrap up the right kind of daily pretty easily in one of those '10 minute kill as many husks as you can' missions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I get my free v-bucks from it every 7 days. I know there is a daily or 2 that gives some tokens, but that cuts into what I actually want to play.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Vitamean posted:

I hit my battlepass goal last night so I spent a match just entirely running the chugga-chugga emote. Made it to top 10.

There's a new free marshmallow emote. I sat in the woods roasting, a dude came up and started roasting with me. We went out peacefully, vaporized by the barrier, stick still in hand. An Outer Wilds moment.
We got top 25.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Wankie posted:

What's the deal with the emoting and the...water balloon? Maybe I'm dumb or just haven't been playing the game long enough but this all feels like an arcane ritual. I could at least do the other steps, unless the bumpers are also part of the trick.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mister Facetious posted:

Generally each rarity boost (gray->green->blue->purple->orange->gold) gives more damage. Sometimes it changes the fire rate or reload speed or bloom (accuracy). The hammer particularly gets 1 or 2 damage each rarity up, and the reload scales from 2.42 to 1.87 seconds at mythic/gold. You won't find gold/mythic weapons unless the weapon is only available as mythic, with some exceptions.

Some weapons are very weird - the EvoChrome weapons this season are like that. The Burst Rifle actually goes down in damage from 24-22 as it goes from uncommon to epic, but also goes up in burst from 2 to 4 shots and the fire rate increases every step up. The shotgun goes up 5 damage per level, and the reload speed fully empty goes from 6 to 4.8 seconds, and the spread decreases pretty substantially. It also has weird spread in that it's entirely horizontal.

tldr, a higher-rarity weapon will be stronger

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

Yon posted:

What's the deal with the emoting and the...water balloon? Maybe I'm dumb or just haven't been playing the game long enough but this all feels like an arcane ritual. I could at least do the other steps, unless the bumpers are also part of the trick.

Each one is a xp trigger, they can be done in any order you want. I just showed the fastest way to complete them all. It is not the Konami code the order does not matter.
1. Is the surveillance camera in the opening spawn room.
2. Is the button in the same room (you only have to touch it once)
3. Is the package behind the spring thing in the main map corner.
4. The emoting under the V platform thing is just another trigger (I can't remember if the trigger is on the right or left side so I just emote under both sides lol) the water balloon throw is just a tiny mess up.
5. Shooting the xp coin way up in the sky with the sniper rifle takes you to another coin that you search for another xp trigger.
6. The prop gun on the Apple to drop down the tiny hole is another one.
7. Is searching that tiny remote palm tree island "x" by building a bridge over to it.
8. Is automatically triggered after 20 minutes "playing" in the map.
9. Is killing 5 other players if multi people are in the map.
There was a tenth xp trigger in that big safe with combination "263" or "362"(can't remember) but it hasn't worked for like a year.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Wankie posted:

Each one is a xp trigger, they can be done in any order you want. I just showed the fastest way to complete them all. It is not the Konami code the order does not matter.
1. Is the surveillance camera in the opening spawn room.
2. Is the button in the same room (you only have to touch it once)
3. Is the package behind the spring thing in the main map corner.
4. The emoting under the V platform thing is just another trigger (I can't remember if the trigger is on the right or left side so I just emote under both sides lol) the water balloon throw is just a tiny mess up.
5. Shooting the xp coin way up in the sky with the sniper rifle takes you to another coin that you search for another xp trigger.
6. The prop gun on the Apple to drop down the tiny hole is another one.
7. Is searching that tiny remote palm tree island "x" by building a bridge over to it.
8. Is automatically triggered after 20 minutes "playing" in the map.
9. Is killing 5 other players if multi people are in the map.
There was a tenth xp trigger in that big safe with combination "263" or "362"(can't remember) but it hasn't worked for like a year.

Oh, fantastic! Thanks!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
What the hell was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

I never understand these events.