Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I have been offered M'Baku, Maria Hill, and now Super Skrull.

I would like to be offered Series 4/5 cards that are good, please.

The rate that I'm seeing 4/5 in the shop confirms my inclination to not buy any Series 3 in the shop, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hill seems like she’d be good, but not good enough to spend tokens on

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Vulpes posted:

'this card' in the description refers to Titania, not the played card.

Lol thank you for explaining the misunderstanding because I read that post over and over, restarting after getting to the end each time because the words just didn't make sense to me and I felt like my brain was malfunctioning or sliding off of the words

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CitizenKeen posted:

I have been offered M'Baku, Maria Hill, and now Super Skrull.

I would like to be offered Series 4/5 cards that are good, please.

The rate that I'm seeing 4/5 in the shop confirms my inclination to not buy any Series 3 in the shop, though.

Yeah, I have been offered significantly more t4-t5 cards than t3 cards so far. Though one of the t3s was Mystique so that was an auto-buy.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Token shop gave me Zola, and I already have Wong, so I think I beat Snap.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think I've seen anything from 4 or 5 in the shop yet.

e: Actually it's Helicarrier now so that's one. I don't want it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I have Shuri in my shop now and I'm extremely tempted but it's 6k and I still don't have cards like Zola or Lockjaw.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Cost about half of my gold, but I got no regrets.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
So far token shop has given me hell cow, Wong, and mystique. Token shop good.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I am only seeing pool 4 and 5 cards in my token shop. I'm about level 1100 so I'm still missing loads of pool 3 cards but I've seen every pool 5 card except Super Skrull. I grabbed Thanos because he looks super fun but I just want a Mystique dammit! Or a Lockjaw! Or a Quinjet!

Literally, the only pool 3 card i've seen is the hood which I picked up right away. Currently waiting for Galactus to refresh away and roll the dice again.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Dravs posted:

I am only seeing pool 4 and 5 cards in my token shop. I'm about level 1100 so I'm still missing loads of pool 3 cards but I've seen every pool 5 card except Super Skrull. I grabbed Thanos because he looks super fun but I just want a Mystique dammit! Or a Lockjaw! Or a Quinjet!

Literally, the only pool 3 card i've seen is the hood which I picked up right away. Currently waiting for Galactus to refresh away and roll the dice again.

No judgment zone but where are you getting all these tokens? Did you get the big bundle or is there something I’m missing…

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Wasp was the second card I saw, and I've locked her until I decide to get her or not

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

buffalo all day posted:

No judgment zone but where are you getting all these tokens? Did you get the big bundle or is there something I’m missing…

I got 6000 from the patch because I was level 1010, that was my Thanos slush fund. Since then I also did buy the big pack so I have enough for any of the numerous pool 3 cards I am waiting for.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Dravs posted:

I got 6000 from the patch because I was level 1010, that was my Thanos slush fund. Since then I also did buy the big pack so I have enough for any of the numerous pool 3 cards I am waiting for.

ok cool just making sure I wasn’t missing some tokens since we’re about the same CL. good luck goon

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I expect snap is gonna post a lot more than 10 million dollars for their second month of revenue. pulled an absorbing man and he's kind of awkward. He's making me try playing wong again and god wong sucks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

I expect snap is gonna post a lot more than 10 million dollars for their second month of revenue. pulled an absorbing man and he's kind of awkward. He's making me try playing wong again and god wong sucks.

:2monocle: how dare you

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

I’m taking out Hobgoblin I think. There are very few places where a -8 does more than Gamora or Aero or other powerful 5s and there’s so many solutions Odin, Destroyer, Carnage etc. For now, I’m replacing it with Gamora but Vision or Claw are both tempting for reaching to lanes I can’t reach. I’m also trying Iceman over Scorpion. The -1 spread over 3-5 cards seems less valuable than the +1 energy which sometimes just kills a combo or knocks a card out. I have my eye out for more good 1 drops. Though the anti-synergy with Killmonger is real.

Magneto sounds amazing and I hope to open him.

I did the same, swapped out Hobgoblin and put in Gamora. I went on a bad losing streak and it still felt like the deck was too top-heavy, relying on late drops that don't quite hit hard enough to stand on their own. And I wasn't able to really use Cosmo well to react to the opponent because I needed the later turns for my 5 drops. If I had Maximus I probably wouldn't be as hungry for power though. So I retooled the rest of the package, took out Scorpion/Cosmo/Klaw and put in Nova/Deathlok/Bucky.

It feels weird to have Bucky with only one activator but it's been working pretty well for me. Basically play fast and risky with Nova/Bucky, they aren't critical to your win condition they're just there to get points on the board before you enter the late turns. Pop Nova for just 1-2 cards, if they get blocked and your draws don't work out just bail and lose a cube. I can pretty reliably get a Deathlok/Winter Soldier on a location or get a few cards buffed by Nova, which is a stronger position than like... Having Scorpion and Cosmo out there.

And yeah Magneto is super clutch. Multiple games won where he just snatches the opponent's cards out from under them so I can win a location they had locked up.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Wave
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Aero
# (6) Magneto
#
code:

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXZlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCdWNreUJhcm5lcyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

Had it come up and the answer is 8, which makes sense I guess. Wong and Mystique at 2 each and then onslaught doubling that

This time it went off 12 times. I suspect there's a difference between playing Mystique on Wong and playing her on Onslaught

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

MY cloning vats. MINE.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

uXs posted:

Galactus in my shop... any cards he combines well with, apart from Death which I don't have?

Wolverine will jump into the last lane if he's already played.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
Ok I bought Titania and she rocks, I had an awesome win against a Galactus that I jammed up with her. He had Titania & Galactus on his side, I had a Sunspot, some second card, and his Hobgoblin on mine. He played Gamora into me playing nothing - I got back Titania, his Gamora didn't go off, my Sunspot got +6 power, I win.

The only thing I'm sad about buying her is now I can't afford Galactus when he comes up. I'd play that gimmick deck just for the animation.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Opopanax posted:

:2monocle: how dare you

The effect is very strong but I don't like (or do like, as I don't have Wong) how he gets shut down by either of two of the most commonly played hate cards in the game. It feels like most decks can justify slotting in a Cosmo or Enchantress, especially if they plan on being ahead after the first 2 turns, and he folds to either of them. And if the opponent doesn't have an answer it should be a very easy call to retreat after the T5 White Tiger

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Cosmo is such a good counter if you have a good idea about their plan. But you have to be leading on board; knowing a Shang-Chi is coming for your Devil Dino doesn't matter if you reveal second.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

goferchan posted:

The effect is very strong but I don't like (or do like, as I don't have Wong) how he gets shut down by either of two of the most commonly played hate cards in the game. It feels like most decks can justify slotting in a Cosmo or Enchantress, especially if they plan on being ahead after the first 2 turns, and he folds to either of them. And if the opponent doesn't have an answer it should be a very easy call to retreat after the T5 White Tiger

Yeah Wong is really bad in a game that involves bluffing. He puts you so behind on power on the board that you really need to play on him turn 5 and 6. Which makes you very predictable *and* makes the games very boring.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I copped Valkyrie, zero regrets. Amazing card.

goferchan posted:

Yeah, I pretty much don’t play decks without one of those two cards, so enemy Wongs usually don’t get to pull off their thing.

He either gets countered or I bounce, so while his effect may be powerful, its telegraphed nature means he’s pretty mediocre for actually getting cubes

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
It's probably a bad deck, but

KNEEL BEFORE GALACTUS

# (1) Deadpool
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (3) Sabretooth
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Galactus
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sdmVyaW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTYWJyZXRvb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYWxhY3R1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWFkcG9vbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsa2J1c3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

No Death, or she would go in there in a nanosecond.

I added Hulkbuster to put on Deadpool, Wolverine, or Sabretooth who all survive the coming of GALACTUS.

Suggestions welcome.

uXs fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 2, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wong isn't even good value unless you put a predictable 6 cost unit on top of him. Your opponent has 9 draws to hit cosmo and wong loses to tons of other good popular cards (aero, magneto most prominently). I'm not being edgy this time he's really just not good.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Leader is a very annoying (therefore probably good) t6 capper after t5 galactus

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

Wong isn't even good value unless you put a predictable 6 cost unit on top of him. Your opponent has 9 draws to hit cosmo and wong loses to tons of other good popular cards (aero, magneto most prominently). I'm not being edgy this time he's really just not good.

Nothing quite like a turn 5 Cosmo on a turn 4 Wong

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

doingitwrong posted:

Yeah Wong is really bad in a game that involves bluffing. He puts you so behind on power on the board that you really need to play on him turn 5 and 6. Which makes you very predictable *and* makes the games very boring.

What's fun is just how many ways there are to counter Wong. I have a Kingpin/Aero/Neto deck and used to roll Odin in it; one time I yoinked Zola away with Aero and the maniac tried it a second turn with Ironheart, but Odin had Aero yoink them away also; for the second one I had Magneto so I could've just yoinked Wong instead, too. I want to get Juggernaut to put in as a 3-cost for that kind of disruption as well (also to protect the Kingpin lane).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I've said it before but God drat I love it when Deadpool decks pop off.

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

parasyte posted:

What's fun is just how many ways there are to counter Wong. I have a Kingpin/Aero/Neto deck and used to roll Odin in it; one time I yoinked Zola away with Aero and the maniac tried it a second turn with Ironheart, but Odin had Aero yoink them away also; for the second one I had Magneto so I could've just yoinked Wong instead, too. I want to get Juggernaut to put in as a 3-cost for that kind of disruption as well (also to protect the Kingpin lane).

I'm playing the same deck! Bought Kingpin from the shop yesterday or the day before and it's load of fun.

What is your decklist?
I should probably change Angela for something else.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Angela
# (2) Kraven
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Kingpin
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Sera
# (5) Aero
# (6) Magneto

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

Ideal play is
3 Wave
4 Onslaught
5 Wong
6 Mystique + gambit or iron heart

If you time it out right they don’t know what’s coming until it’s too late, or they’re too committed to waste turn 6 on Cosmo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I just grabbed Arnim Zola out of the store. Does he have good combos with cards what aren't Black Panther? I haven't gotten this Season Pass because all the cosmetics are pretty crap.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

CapnAndy posted:

I just grabbed Arnim Zola out of the store. Does he have good combos with cards what aren't Black Panther? I haven't gotten this Season Pass because all the cosmetics are pretty crap.

Spiderwoman can be vicious and so could devil dinosaur

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Fat dino is the other typical one. It's much less telegraphed as well.

EDIT: Also, I'm impressed - the reserve that had boosters in it due to the bug was reset when I logged in and it had collectors tokens this time. WP brode.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 2, 2022

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

My once empty reserve was now reopenable, looks like they’re rolling out a fix

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

double negative posted:

My once empty reserve was now reopenable, looks like they’re rolling out a fix

I could reopen my 3 blank ones and got Agatha, yay!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

ignoring all the new cards and bundles and continuing to walk the true path: 24/7 simping for agatha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I had someone use him on a Big Venom pretty well against me