Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I love Hitler!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

koshmar posted:

Sketchy Machiavellian Characters? These people are touched in the head, what does that even mean?

Anyone who uses an anonymous twitter account to try to push left wing morals and stories is obviously a puppet being operated by evil communazis

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Youtuber Thought Slime just dropped a big wrap up of all the Musk-ups (so far)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2m2ihZVq0

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Butterwagon posted:

Battery life degrades over time. Tesla cars are disposable toys, but long-haul trucks go hundreds of thousands of miles in their life. It barely has enough capacity for nominal performance with a brand-new battery. That seems like a bad sign.

I don't think Pepsi et al are buying these for long haul they're buying them for local routes.

People said the exact same poo poo about the batteries in the Prius when they first came out. Yes, batteries degrade but it's not really all that fast as long as they're properly cared for and batteries are getting cheaper all the time.

Like, you know what a 300 mile range EV (from Tesla or anyone else) that's battery has degraded 50% is good for? 97% of daily commutes in the US.

I don't really give a poo poo about the semi or know anything about it and maybe it's dumb as gently caress for a million reasons but 500 miles on one charge seems legit impressive and to say its garbage because of battery degradation doesn't seem true.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

if he wasn't a racist Nazi Boer White South African who inherited wealth from an even worse racist Nazi Boer White South African I'd almost feel sorry for him for being such an awkward nerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ZUIcIpeFU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I will never stop laughing at how he doesn't understand what 'spam' is.

Calling a someone a loving idiot shitfucker whenever they act like a loving idiot shitfucker isn't spam, you loving idiot shitfucker.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

I will never stop laughing at how he doesn't understand what 'spam' is.

Calling a someone a loving idiot shitfucker whenever they act like a loving idiot shitfucker isn't spam, you loving idiot shitfucker.

every time i rob the convenience store, the police arrest me. they're spamming me with arrests!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I am a love speech absolutist

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Why would anyone trust numbers that Musk puts out, dude tends to hype poo poo up that isn't true.

Besides that, what he seems to consider hate speech is vastly different to what hate speech actually is.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Love speech" reminds me of this old Will Ferrell character:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

The Last Call posted:

Why would anyone trust numbers that Musk puts out, dude tends to hype poo poo up that isn't true.

Besides that, what he seems to consider hate speech is vastly different to what hate speech actually is.

presumably hate speech means 'tweets that were personally mean to elon musk'

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Need the original tweet where guy proclaims Musk will never be a poster no matter what company he buys.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Love speech" reminds me of this old Will Ferrell character:

Lol yeah

"duck meat"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

"Love Speech"

Is he consciously trying to emulate Trump's manner of speaking or do they just have the same breed of brainworms? I feel he's about 24 hours from posting a rant on twitter about being the best at The Cyber.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hey, wasn't His Royal Muskiness supposed to release a report on the evils of Twitter moderation? I thought that would be good for a laugh but I guess he'll get on that right after he finishes getting that person on Mars.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

the holy poopacy posted:

"Love Speech"

Is he consciously trying to emulate Trump's manner of speaking or do they just have the same breed of brainworms? I feel he's about 24 hours from posting a rant on twitter about being the best at The Cyber.

It really does all have the same cadence as "I have a nuclear button on my desk too, and mine works!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Random Stranger posted:

Hey, wasn't His Royal Muskiness supposed to release a report on the evils of Twitter moderation? I thought that would be good for a laugh but I guess he'll get on that right after he finishes getting that person on Mars.

The Twitter Files? Yeah, I'm really eager to see examples of all of this "woke censorship" that supposedly happened before Musk.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Love Speech impressions are on the rise!

all of them just say "I love Hitler"

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

the holy poopacy posted:

"Love Speech"

tim apple told him his dumb trolling posts were what was actually scaring advertisers (including Apple) away. tim probably told him they would advertise again if he behaved himself, which, if true, is very lmao.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
His words don’t mean anything. He just repeats things he’s heard in the past. Words were said in a similar context so repeating them must mean he is a normal human.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Does 'impressions' mean that someone viewed that hatespeech tweet? Because making fewer people read Twitter seems like a good way to lower that number.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Wtf is "love speech" is that some sort of "where are the straight allies" and "white lives matter" twist on the current social climate.

Or is it just search box: "love" and the tweets are like "I would love it if (insert minority) are dead" from the 2 follower nazbots

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tamba posted:

Does 'impressions' mean that someone viewed that hatespeech tweet? Because making fewer people read Twitter seems like a good way to lower that number.

Yup, an impression is just someone loading the page/tweet and having the opportunity to see the ad.

So total impressions will go down if total traffic to Twitter goes down.

If he was talking about impressions on a hate speech post as a function of overall Twitter traffic, that would be one thing, but he's saying "despite significant user growth" which even if it weren't a blatant lie would not necessarily be talking about traffic, but rather ... signups I guess? Irrelevant if so

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Why does it look like a scuffed up printout?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon walks around random devs' desks on the abandoned wasteland of the 10th floor: "Hey you know all those AI tools you guys developed to detect hate speech?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we ... install them backwards?"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's funny that that is literally the exact same image he posted several days ago to show 'lower' 'hate speech' 'impressions' and you'd think he could regenerate a chart to show what it looks like after Kanye's white power hour yesterday, but alas he was too lazy to even bother getting a new fake mocked up so we're still getting the old one.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Random Stranger posted:

He was also supposed to show us a video of the pedo sub navigating the cave, and we're still waiting on that one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1598766600685228032

lol

Haven't you quit yet? What do I gotta do? *hits engineer with shovel*

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

ben shapino posted:

I love Hitler!

found Musk's forum account

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Okay I take back what I said in the Trump thread: this guy is just as nuts as Kanye

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Data Graham posted:

lol

It's the benefit of indentured servitude. He's living his Afrikaner dream

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

loving is the purest expression of love and the gently caress yous are off the charts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Trillhouse posted:

tim apple told him his dumb trolling posts were what was actually scaring advertisers (including Apple) away. tim probably told him they would advertise again if he behaved himself, which, if true, is very lmao.

While that’s funny, I don’t think it’s true. If it were musk wouldn’t be offering add space at fifty cents on the dollar or trying to at least

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I'm waiting with bated breath for the fawning NYT article about Leon Skum's "revolutionizing an industry!" or some such.

At least actual, physical, hold-in-your-hand bullshit has value.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Data Graham posted:

lol

I have to assume by 2 weeks they actually mean 10 days which is already painfully low.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

koshmar posted:

I have to assume by 2 weeks they actually mean 10 days which is already painfully low.

This HAS to be referring to additional Holidays-period PTO on top of regular vacations. Shutting down non-essential services between Christmas and New Years, because productivity is going to be as low as it gets anyways, is not uncommon.

Lol, probably not.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musky is going to appear in a Indian zoom call in redface and doing other cowboys and indian crap wonder why the people rage quit the call.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598778884639653891?s=20&t=-eNNcXoH62RHee_PjqqShg

I hope it includes a graph

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ah, yes, I'm ready for the centrist story of the decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Okay, Kanye is banned, back to my insanity!" :shepface:

This guy blows