Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

The Kingfish posted:

Nah, he’s still good.

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be honest Matt Talibbi was never a good journalist but he still formed a weird cult of broke brained idiots so I can understand why him and Musk get along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1598833927405215744

Ok cool, why are we here again? The whole point of this is that chuds think there's gonna be some drop that shows Biden's staff directing Twitter to suppress it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Unbelievable stupidity.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So hunters laptop had a picture of his dick on it? Okay.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Even if it turns out there's nothing it'll be right wing nutjobs saying the delay was Elon getting told by the deep state to not release anything.

Musk is now a tool of the deep state

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
and they obtained it illegally, cool

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The Kingfish posted:

Nah, he’s still good.

"Russia will definitely not attack Ukraine"
"Well, Russia attacked Ukraine but it was the West's fault really"

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

ilmucche posted:

Even if it turns out there's nothing it'll be right wing nutjobs saying the delay was Elon getting told by the deep state to not release anything.

Musk is now a tool of the deep state

nah, they'll say it does prove it

just like they say the Mueller report completely exonerated trump

they're stupid

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Waltzing Along posted:

So hunters laptop had a picture of his dick on it? Okay.

The only file.

And it was saved to the desktop folder.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

MrQwerty posted:

It's still gonna suck poo poo and be Russian agitprop to destabilize the American government through Twitter, except a lot of poo poo has fundamentally changed since 1/1/22

Do you blame Russia when you stub your toe

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

So far:

- Twitter had more “left” contacts in the politics sphere to impact moderation decisions
- To illustrate this, posts trump campaign dude contacting Twitter staff directly to exercise his will
- Twitter has a policy of not publishing hacked material, which the Biden laptop story is
- poo poo get pulled down for not following Twitter guidelines :shrug: seems like a nothing-burger

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol Elon's big Twitter reveal was Taibbi chainposting anonymous agitprop for a country losing a war against NATO

big black turnout posted:

Do you blame Russia when you stub your toe

Did you also live in Russia for a decade

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 3, 2022

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how weird that twitter, and various actual news agencies didn't want to run with a bullshit story invented to rile up a bunch of seditious chuds. lets get matt taibibi (RU) on the case.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Everything so far has been known for years - like, everyone already knows Twitter took down stories about the laptop, just google it, there are tons from 2020. Who loving cares. There better be a big twist coming

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Ratjaculation posted:

The only file.

it was titled my_big_donger.bmp

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
so they're trying to frame twitter taking action on the hacked material of someone not doing anything particularly criminal or egregious that citizens need to know about, and acting as though it's a coverup for something joe biden has done? am i getting this right?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Most publications did run stories on the laptop situation, there just weren't that many worthwhile details to make it front page news.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

The only file.

just lol if your desktop wallpaper isn't hunter's dong

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Who would have guessed that all it took to drive the right insane would be two BWCs?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Quote-Unquote posted:

Just winged dicks flapping around like a 90s screensaver

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Quote-Unquote posted:

it is now

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Now this is more disappointing than al capone's vault. Elon is worse than geraldo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elon ruined my Friday night

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
jesus christ this is such absolute poo poo. note how all the header stuff has been removed, including the time these emails / messages were sent

yes, it took the upper executives several hours to come to one conclusion, then a day to reverse course and allow the story. because that is how long it takes for a group of sane people to make big decisions. and on twitter a 24 hour delay seems like eternity.

sure elon musk can make decisions in 5 minutes, that turns out great for everyone doesn't it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nooneofconsequence posted:

didn't Matt pal around doing heroin with a guy who bragged about having sex with Russian teens?

Mark Ames, yes. Ames is even more shunned than Taibbi these days, which is hard to do.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Tiny Timbs posted:

Elon ruined my Friday night

but we got to see hunter bidens dick

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
tweeting out one sentence at a time of my 5 page rolling stone article why yes this is a great format

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1598838041371516929

This is pure-strained stupid. This is not an example of an "outsider" explaining free speech as Taibbi insists. They kept moving the conversation away from the 1st Amendment because the 1st Amendment has nothing to do with Twitter's moderation policies.

Jesus Christ.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Here’s an article from October 2020 that already has everything about this. WHO. loving. CARES.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/twitter-revises-policy-on-posting-hacked-materials-after-hunter-biden-story/

Oh my god. The first amendment only applies to the government. Idiots.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

G-III posted:

Now this is more disappointing than al capone's vault. Elon is worse than geraldo.

Al Capone's glovebox was much more interesting.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Preventing people from sharing and spreading the stolen photos of a presidential candidate's son is unconstitutional!!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I adore this, it pleases nobody

Far left good boys and gals will get a good chuckle out of this dumb poo poo

Liberals won't appreciate daddy Biden being attacked through his son

Hunter will still not care, and more people on this shitglobe would have seen his thunderous pork snake; a blessing

Moderate right wingers won't be able to understand half the poo poo that's coming out of the report, it is boring and unsexy

and far right lunatics will be disgusted to find that Elon isn't revealing the True Secrets Of The Jewish Lizard Space Chemtrail Antifa BLM Deep State Cabal

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
that's a pretty fuckin nice dick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

I adore this, it pleases nobody

Far left good boys and gals will get a good chuckle out of this dumb poo poo

Liberals won't appreciate daddy Biden being attacked through his son

Hunter will still not care, and more people on this shitglobe would have seen his thunderous pork snake; a blessing

Moderate right wingers won't be able to understand half the poo poo that's coming out of the report, it is boring and unsexy

and far right lunatics will be disgusted to find that Elon isn't revealing the True Secrets Of The Jewish Lizard Space Chemtrail Antifa BLM Deep State Cabal

I'd say that everyone would know how this would end when it was scheduled for a 5 pm Friday afternoon news dump but honestly everyone's known for a week or two how this would end except for the most rabid idiots.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1598835667793981440

:lol:

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
If your desktop isn't a high resolution picture of your own dong I don't even know what to say

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Doug Sisk posted:

If your desktop isn't a high resolution picture of your own dong I don't even know what to say

What about the dongless?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ratjaculation posted:

The only file.

when i get hacked and my filez are spilled all over twitter, i'm gonna make sure the only nude photo on my desktop is goatse

:goatsecx:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Doug Sisk posted:

Nah you go lower resolution and tile it.

Just a sea of your own dong is where it's at.

goatface posted:

What about the dongless?

It's your desktop. What ever you got between your legs show it loud and proud

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

goatface posted:

What about the dongless?

A dong of your choice, with the name of the owner in comic sans