Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

No Wave posted:

Mysterio is the only unit that's programmed to abuse angela/bishop for no reason. Otherwise they work as you'd expect. Both still good units I love bishop in beast bounce.

Mysterio clones need to be played 'properly' because otherwise it would be super-obvious a lot of the time which one was the real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Vulpes posted:

Mysterio clones need to be played 'properly' because otherwise it would be super-obvious a lot of the time which one was the real one.
If this wasn't someone's pet mechanic you'd just say player diff and it's not a big deal. The reason mysterio makes me irritated design-wise is it's just pure upside in half a dozen ways. The way the card should have been designed is the clones literally disappear instead of keeping buffs plus there's only one play trigger and it's up to you to make a deck that plays well with it. The version of the card i'm proposing is way crappier and then it actually could be a 2/6 or 2/7 or whatever.

(mysterio's not even that broken op or anything. i'm just being weird)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 3, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's worth noting that Mysterio will be sandbagged by 'on played' locations - his illusions won't appear on Crimson Cosmos, and they'll get destroyed on Death's Domain. Squirrel Girl he's not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

As much fun as it is to roll the dice for a Deadpool highroll, long stretches of getting wrecked by draw and location RNG are getting me down. What kind of archetype am I looking for if I want something more consistent if perhaps less spectacular than flooding a board with giant Deadpools?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cabbit posted:

As much fun as it is to roll the dice for a Deadpool highroll, long stretches of getting wrecked by draw and location RNG are getting me down. What kind of archetype am I looking for if I want something more consistent if perhaps less spectacular than flooding a board with giant Deadpools?

In a destroy deck? Well, if you have Death and Wave...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Well this was a fun game, thank you Debrii.

Can someone explain to me how to get Collector's Tokens? When I was confused about the Token Shop earlier, it turns out my game didn't update so I just didn't see it for a few days straight. Now I see that things rotate every 8 hours or so and requires ____ amount of tokens....but I'm not sure how many tokens I have or how to get more.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

CapnAndy posted:

It sure would be nice to have Deadpool.

I've posted this before but you can run a perfectly serviceable destroy deck without Deadpool - he sure as hell helps but he isn't a needed ingredient in the recipe. Just sub out with Nightcrawler/Ice Man/Squirrel Girl at your leisure and enjoy blowing things up.

uXs posted:

What's the general strategy for this one?

Playing Venom is about playing, maintaining, and adding power to/from your board. Deadpool/Wolverine/Sabretooth are all power that's either additive or otherwise doesn't get destroyed; pair them with Hulkbuster and build up to one final huge Venom chomp on T5 into Arnim Zola on T6 while still keeping your Wolverine/Sabretooth active. Bonus points if you can Hulkbust Sabretooth on one of the clone/duplicate fields.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Artelier posted:

Well this was a fun game, thank you Debrii.

Can someone explain to me how to get Collector's Tokens? When I was confused about the Token Shop earlier, it turns out my game didn't update so I just didn't see it for a few days straight. Now I see that things rotate every 8 hours or so and requires ____ amount of tokens....but I'm not sure how many tokens I have or how to get more.

In the shop it shows you your token amount in the same pane as the card that’s available.

I believe pool 3 cards are 1000, 4 is 2000, and 5 is 3000.

You get them from Collector’s Caches past CL1000 randomly.

The card changes every 8 hours starting at daily reset (10pm EST or whatever currently).

You can click the pin button on the card pane in the shop to lock that card allowing you to save up for it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Psyker posted:

In the shop it shows you your token amount in the same pane as the card that’s available.

I believe pool 3 cards are 1000, 4 is 2000, and 5 is 3000.

You get them from Collector’s Caches past CL1000 randomly.

The card changes every 8 hours starting at daily reset (10pm EST or whatever currently).

You can click the pin button on the card pane in the shop to lock that card allowing you to save up for it.

Thanks so much for the info! I haven't hit CL1000 yet, no wonder I couldn't figure out how to get the tokens.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Artelier posted:

Thanks so much for the info! I haven't hit CL1000 yet, no wonder I couldn't figure out how to get the tokens.

You should have/will get a one-time bonus of 3000 tokens when you hit CL500.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I just learned mysterio's illusions become real when combined with patriot, at least think that's what happened.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ubersandwich posted:

I just learned mysterio's illusions become real when combined with patriot, at least think that's what happened.

Illusions are 0 power cards with no abilities so Patriot buffs them.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

parasyte posted:

The cards that say they "play" are simply incorrect; the card is added and immediately revealed when it's "played" by an effect. The only thing that counts as a play for location purposes is dragging the card to the play area from your hand. I am not sure about how this interacts with say Mysterio (do the clones count as played, or just added?), but it's definitely the case for Wolverine and Jubilee.

This is why Morbius doesn't double - he would (or at least should) double, if he had any power from discarding before he was played. Anything after would just add an extra +2 that does not double, because he was already played and had the doubling applied then.

Yeah if they just said “added” it would check out. Sounds like they just need to change the text on the card.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Illusions are 0 power cards with no abilities so Patriot buffs them.

That makes sense. Yet another reason to hate patriot decks.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ubersandwich posted:

That makes sense. Yet another reason to hate patriot decks. Mysterio

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I was going to get all pissy and say they need to change the description on the card, but nothing says the illusion is going to disappear at the end of the game. I just took that for granted.

Still, gently caress all that.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Artelier posted:

I lied about costs!

Series 3 = 1000

Series 4 = 3000

Series 5 = 6000

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Got my first custom title, "This Matchmaking Sucks" Weird, I thought I had turned off my mic.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Mierenneuker posted:

I got one dud cache after the patch and then waited until it they confirmed it was fixed. That dud became the stud known as

Earlier today he was offered in the token shop. I wonder what would have happened if I had opened the cache before he rotated out. A different card I guess.

Happened to me earlier, it just keeps the card in shop but says sold.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Quackles posted:

In a destroy deck? Well, if you have Death and Wave...

Doesn't have to be a destroy deck, just in general. I have Wave, but not Death unfortunately. My Pool 3+ cards have been a hodge-podge of stuff: Wave, Venom, Deadpool, Destroyer, Red Skull, Agatha, Absorbing Man, Venom, Zero, Typhoid Mary, Spider-Man, and some other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment.

And now Gambit's in my shop. I do seem to be getting offered and awarded a lot of destroy mechanics.

Edit: Oh and I just pulled Dracula this afternoon.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Death popped up in the shop for me. I snap bought her. I don't have any decks to use her in right now but I know she's key to a lot of sweet ones.

Just entered Pool 3 and so far have grabbed Ghost Rider and Rouge. Could be worse I guess.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I'm having too much fun with my "Thors and Cards that Screw Up Your Plans" deck. Just had a match where the opponent dropped Iron Man on turn 6 to swing a location but my Quake went off when I played Odin and moved the Isle of Silence on top of him. I cackled like a madman.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Ran into something that is a nonissue, but my store had Titania in the rotation and hour ago, and opened a reserve and got Titania. I'm cool with that since she is awesome, but the store still shows her in stock and the option to buy her. Not going to attempt to buy her because that would be stupid as hell but that should either rotate out or show it was 'sold'. Again, this goes away in 8 hours so who cares.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just lost to a deck that constantly dropped 1 cost cards (some of which were cloned), Kazar, and in the final turn with one legal spot left, they dropped a Dracula, which switched with one of their five cards in hand, which was, of course, Infinaut :psyduck:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hela deck got me up to 50, maybe next season I'll actually manage to get somewhere

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Had an Ego match where he played my Scarlet Witch on his own location. Absolute worst thing ever. :(

Also seems like the meta has moved away from Wong decks right as Super Skrull shows up but I did have someone try it and man, absolutely annoys the hell out of people when you drop Super Skrull then Leader if they have Wong.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

ManMythLegend posted:

Death popped up in the shop for me. I snap bought her. I don't have any decks to use her in right now but I know she's key to a lot of sweet ones.

Just entered Pool 3 and so far have grabbed Ghost Rider and Rouge. Could be worse I guess.

Good call. I'm waiting for death, sera, and aero or leader

I'll snap buy all 3

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Artelier posted:

Just lost to a deck that constantly dropped 1 cost cards (some of which were cloned), Kazar, and in the final turn with one legal spot left, they dropped a Dracula, which switched with one of their five cards in hand, which was, of course, Infinaut :psyduck:

Dracula discards the highest cost card, it's not totally random (and if it's Apocalypse he gets the power after it gets boosted from the discard)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

Dracula discards the highest cost card, it's not totally random (and if it's Apocalypse he gets the power after it gets boosted from the discard)

Not always, it should be random. Or if it's not random it doesn't say so anywhere

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Not always, it should be random. Or if it's not random it doesn't say so anywhere

Oh drat you're totally right lol. Guess my opponents are just always lucky

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

goferchan posted:

Oh drat you're totally right lol. Guess my opponents are just always lucky

If it's a bot I'm sure it hits the highest one regardless

Also I unlocked M'baku and figured I'd try him out in the kazoo deck and so far he's not good, has gotten into my hand every time and then he's just dead weight. Sure I can buff him but for the same cost/power I can use Korg or Iceman

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Artelier posted:

You also can get 100 tokens from collecter's caches before CL100 too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Does the 5000 credit softcap still exist? I got a bunch of CL and season rewards I haven't popped because I'm at 4900 and don't have any cards to upgrade.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lone Goat posted:

Does the 5000 credit softcap still exist? I got a bunch of CL and season rewards I haven't popped because I'm at 4900 and don't have any cards to upgrade.
They raised the cap to 10,000 to sell a 9500 credit bundle.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 3, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Booo, Shuri’s lab doesn’t double Morbius at all. I was all excited for some late game Morbin’ time

Yes, it does. Morbius has 0 power. Shuri's Lab doesn't double ongoing effects.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Turns out if Jubilee pulls Magik on turn 6 you still get turn 7

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
For people like me that got a Thanos but no quinjet or lockjaw, I found he works pretty well in a zoo hybrid deck. Okoye is great for buffing the stones to let Kazaar buff again. If you got cards like beast it can help win lanes with massive angelas and bishops. Most games Thanos doesn't even see the board.

I am running something like this at the moment, I had to add some destroy package because my board kept getting jammed up.

https://marvelsnap.io/deckbuilder/?deck=1%206,1%2012,1%2013,1%2024,1%2034,1%2068,1%2076,1%2092,1%2094,1%20126,1%20128,1%20207

Although I just pulled Mystique, so will probably change it to something like this for now:

# (1) The Hood
# (2) Angela
# (2) Beast
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Magik
# (6) Thanos
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGFub3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9rb3llIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWdpayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 3, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I was aiming to get to 70 this season, but it's looking unlikely right now :smith:

Still up to the 60s, higher than last one. And I hit CL1000 as I wanted to.

Maybe I'll put together a Deathwave deck now that I have both of them, just no Venom/Deadpool

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

trying out move decks mid pool 2 and they are pretty fun so far:

Found it funny I got 24 on all tracks. Opponent was definitely not a bot due to the name, but I can't work out why you would use Lady Sif with dino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tekopo posted:

trying out move decks mid pool 2 and they are pretty fun so far:

Found it funny I got 24 on all tracks. Opponent was definitely not a bot due to the name, but I can't work out why you would use Lady Sif with dino.

There are some strategies that involve discarding Dino and bringing him back with like, Ghost Rider and stuff, but not in pool 2