Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Delphisage posted:

I feel it's unfair to call a joke romhack showcase "the most memorable FE6 LP".

it's the one i remember the most about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

Kinu Nishimura posted:

it's the one i remember the most about

The one truly memorable FE6 LP I've seen is one from SerenesForest, where the LPer made it a point to only use the worst units the game has to offer. That was a glorious run.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

The one truly memorable FE6 LP I've seen is one from SerenesForest, where the LPer made it a point to only use the worst units the game has to offer. That was a glorious run.

Ooh, sounds fun. Where can I find it?

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

Delphisage posted:

Ooh, sounds fun. Where can I find it?

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/48812-fe6-hm-crappy-units-bonanza/

I had not realized just how old this was, man. I'm actually amazed I remember any of it.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

marshmallow creep posted:

I can confirm that Echidna's Prf is really good, but I agree that I have never really seen Bartre's side of this game.

Bartre's prf is spicy, but bartre himself... not so much

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 27, 2022

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Oh wow, I did not time either of those screenshots very well. Etruria and the Isles are both barely highlighted.

are you not recording footage and then grabbing screens from it after the fact?

also voting Route A, and Zelot, Rutger, Sue and Shanna and everyone else is flex

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I've got the footage as a backup, but "poorly timed location flashes during the world map event" are not a big enough deal for me to go through the trouble of getting new shots.

Would you mind editing this out? It's a bit too much detail for something we haven't seen yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SMaster777 posted:

Its almost like Shanna's the only flyer right now. The moment Thea joins, unless Shanna gets like 3 Str Levels in a row, imma stop voting her. And then imma stop voting Thea the moment we get Melady.

Don't write off Thea in this hack. She's almost unusable in vanilla, even with HM bonuses, but this isn't vanilla, and both Thea and Melady received changes

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

cheetah7071 posted:

Don't write off Thea in this hack. She's almost unusable in vanilla, even with HM bonuses, but this isn't vanilla, and both Thea and Melady received changes

I'm not planning to write Thea off because she's Thea. I actually do plan to start voting up Sue and Shin more after this chapter, once we have the latter.

Voting up Melady will just be the only way I can safely be "Here's a flyer" while also being Team "Let's Go To Sacae" later on.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

A route, echidnas cool

also gwendy, lilina, ogier, wolt, zelot, rest is lpers choice

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Elen, Lillina, Armor Crew, All LPer’s choice otherwise

And let’s go A route for Echidna Radness

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
B Route. As others have said, Route A has been done to death in FE6 LPs.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021
B route for sure. Echidna may be cooler than Bartre and his moustache, but it'd be nice to get a proper look at Elphin for a change.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
B route! It's time to see this showcased in an LP.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
B for Bartre!

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Route B, as I did the other on my Ember run.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

A because all Echidna all the time. :colbert:

Buried Treasure
Oct 23, 2008
Let's go with B Route for Bartre.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I care only about using elen bc of how much i hate the other healers on a personal level. I dont even know the difference between the routes haha, fe8s my gba fe of choice

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Route B and Sacae.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Route A

Shanna, Wolt, Lilina, Ogier, and Legoman. I leave the rest to you.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The four armor knights of the apocalypse will team up with the dreaded double Jeigan.

Also, wade, trek, Saul, and lot can come along too I suppose.

It's a hard decision between axe lady and that mustache....

Gonna go with route A.

coiol
Dec 16, 2004

I dress like a girl and drink like a man. Please date-rape me.
All the armor knights, Marcus, and Merlinus :getin:

And I’ll vote for route B.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Voting is closed!

Gwendolyn: 12
Debias: 9
Barthe: 9
Bors: 8
Lilina: 7
Zelot: 5
Wolt: 5
Shanna: 5
Elen: 5
Rutger: 5
Wade: 4
Ogier: 3
Saul: 3
Marcus: 3
Alen: 2
Dieck: 2
Lance: 2
Lugh: 2
Trec: 2
Dorothy: 1
Lot: 1
Merlinus: 1 (valid, there are shops on this map after all)

LPer's choice: 38 (there were 2 redundant votes for Sue that I lumped in here)

Congrats to Clarine on getting no votes at all! :confuoot: I was gonna say that's the first time that's happened to a non-Jeigan/Merlinus, but it looks like Alen and Dorothy didn't get any last time. In fact, for I think the third time now, only a single healer made the cut. Uh, thanks but no thanks. I'm gonna have Saul bump out Rutger. Between the two thieves and eventually Fir, we're gonna be full up on fast swordies as it is.

The team is: Roy, Sue, Noah, Chad, Astolfo, Gwendolyn, Debias, Barthe, Bors, Lilina, Zelot, Wolt, Shanna, Elen, Saul.

As for the route split, it really came down to the wire. I wasn't totally sure whether this:

marshmallow creep posted:

I can confirm that Echidna's Prf is really good, but I agree that I have never really seen Bartre's side of this game.

was meant to be a vote or not, but without it we'd literally be tied, at 12 each. Which means B wins it by a hair!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh right, clarine exists. i would've voted for her if i remembered

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

drat........ no echidna....

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Clarine's been slumping, plus she's already guaranteed to be used for recruiting Klein.

So I guess B route wins unless Marshmallow Creeps decides to change their vote. Sorry for being so obnoxious on wanting that route.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

clarines cool imo, horse mobility plus being weirdly dodgy helps a lot

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Moustache power should never be underestimated

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh, I've also got a tentative plan for supports. There was some disagreement when it came to Roy's options, so we'll hold off on him for now, but Alen/Lance, Wade/Lot, Lugh/Chad, and Barthe/Gwendolyn all got a decent amount of interest. I know I said I'd wait to force the issue, but let's be real: other than the knights, most of those characters haven't exactly been making a splash in the polls. Luckily the game has already done part of the work for us. We'll need one of Lugh or Chad to recruit Raigh in chapter 12, and since we're going B route, we need to bring one of the fighters to 10 to avoid getting downgraded house rewards.

So here's what we'll do: as long as we're bringing one, might as well bring the other too. Wade and Lot are both locked in for chapter 10, and Chad and Lugh for 12. That leaves Alen and Lance for 11 in between. They've been turning out well enough that I wasn't quite ready to give up on them anyway.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Finally we see B Route in an LP! Looking forward to it. I'm also curious about the changes made to Ilia by the modder since as previously noted, Sacae was otherwise always the better route for rewards.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is fine. Let's get some B roll.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Everybody pour one out for this Wolt level from a failed attempt. Honestly the levels were pretty solid all around on that run. Even Bors managed to get a good one!

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Ooof.... And knowing how FE LPs work, the run that sticks that level will be just Luck or worse Empty. My condolences.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

SMaster777 posted:

Ooof.... And knowing how FE LPs work, the run that sticks that level will be just Luck or worse Empty. My condolences.

So uh, about that...

I poo poo you not, he got the exact same level. No savestates involved, scout's honor.

Update's gonna be a while yet though, I'm busy most of the weekend.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Booky posted:

clarines cool imo, horse mobility plus being weirdly dodgy helps a lot

She sucks rear end bc shes a class elitist

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
L'Arachel is the standard all Troubadors should aspire to be

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

So uh, about that...

Gain defence!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

mandatory lesbian posted:

She sucks rear end bc shes a class elitist

i think thats a solid quarter, of all horse healers 😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

L'Arachel is the standard all Troubadors should aspire to be

“Were I not a holy woman, I’d beat you senseless!” is the kind of energy we all need in our lives