Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1598414927529914368?t=uidvLUHMIiIXg5KLWztaaA&s=19

https://twitter.com/smokingmusket/status/1598415733494779904?t=NO9VFyttYmWrFAv6HidBNQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Tom Herman is a pretty good coach imo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
NOT TODAY OHIOS TATE this guy's off your replacement list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/AZATHLETICS/status/1598436806629814272

(glad they did this)

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

He's an rear end in a top hat but I hope he does well in Boca. FAU's a good place to rehab a career.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 2, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1598477691002421248?s=46&t=ESY9jLIOfsy4xK4y0LofBg

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Updated the OP, let me know if I'm missing anything.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Seems like a bad omen for Tulsa that an alum would pass it up for a mess as big as Texas State.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So uh

Who is left for USF?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rick posted:

NOT TODAY OHIOS TATE this guy's off your replacement list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/AZATHLETICS/status/1598436806629814272

(glad they did this)

Jedd did a good job, but still finished with 5 wins. This is a completey unnecessary extension, what other school is pounding the door down for Jedd Fisch?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

zimbomonkey posted:

So uh

Who is left for USF?

Scott Frost Comeback Tour 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seaniqua posted:

Scott Frost Comeback Tour 2023

Wrong mid-Florida university

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jedd did a good job, but still finished with 5 wins. This is a completey unnecessary extension, what other school is pounding the door down for Jedd Fisch?

You're probably right that it's unnecessary, and there definitely wasn't anyone coming for him. There's not a good argument for it divorced from emotions.

I dunno though, he was only partially guaranteed for next season though so I like the gesture of 'yeah you're our coach and we're going to give you a normal coach contract now as opposed to a "prove it" one we handed out before' especially when considering all the turnover for the past 20 years.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Rick posted:

You're probably right that it's unnecessary, and there definitely wasn't anyone coming for him. There's not a good argument for it divorced from emotions.

I dunno though, he was only partially guaranteed for next season though so I like the gesture of 'yeah you're our coach and we're going to give you a normal coach contract now as opposed to a "prove it" one we handed out before' especially when considering all the turnover for the past 20 years.

Oh, was he going to be a lame duck next year then? Extension does make a bit more sense now. It better not be a mondo buyout

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

zimbomonkey posted:

So uh

Who is left for USF?

Geoff Collins.

It sounds like Bill O'Brien is searching for a job now, too, though I don't know if he'd be desperate enough to sign on at USF.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
so, about deion to colorado

https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1597816260569333760#m

https://twitter.com/HennGriffey813/status/1598031565682257921#m

John McClane fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 2, 2022

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Oh my god that's incredible

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Deion is actually taking the Colorado job

Why

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1598890386281201667

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
Deion rules so I guess go Buffs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why didn’t any better program try to get Deion lol

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I think the Prime Prep stuff hasn't helped for a bit, but he's just too good a hire now and that can ignored.

(And scared white boosters)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Big name programs don’t hire coaches from the SWAC. If he does well at Colorado someone will poach him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
More rumors, sounds like it's actually going to happen:

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1598907553420673025

Good for Colorado. Uh...I hope it's good for Deion.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Only thing making me nervous is a lot of reports are saying "he's planning to sign". Isn't it normal for a coach to sign and then announce it later? Why hasn't he signed yet? CU has a long history of coaches that were "planning to sign" and then backing out at the last second :ohdear:.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
that absolutely rules for Colorado, I hope this finally turns them around

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
And here I was thinking Colorado dumb as gently caress they are a lateral move at best and probably a downgrade since they're such a sorry rear end program and deion out there on the rocketship building Jackson state with all the media he is able to being in.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the big twitter rumor is that unlv is going to hire sumlin which like i don't even know man

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Lessail posted:

the big twitter rumor is that unlv is going to hire sumlin which like i don't even know man

that would have been something resembling reasonable after his A&M tenure but its just giving up after his time at Arizona

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

fast cars loose anus posted:

that would have been something resembling reasonable after his A&M tenure but its just giving up after his time at Arizona

yeah i don't know how you ever hire someone that lost 70-7 to a rival so i gotta hope it doesn't happen :negative:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man I try really hard to keep perspective about sports and how they don't matter at the end of the day but I think about that game so much especially this time of year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Isn’t Sumlin’s record at A&M still better than Jimbo’s?

Also Deion in Boulder could be interesting. Certainly not going to be quiet.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

Isn’t Sumlin’s record at A&M still better than Jimbo’s?

Through the first 5 years, 44-21 to 39-21.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sumlin had very a nice stint at A&M, but I think his time at Arizona supports the idea that he was out gas by the end there. I can’t imagine how you sell him as the hire anywhere in 2022.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

General Dog posted:

Sumlin had very a nice stint at A&M, but I think his time at Arizona supports the idea that he was out gas by the end there. I can’t imagine how you sell him as the hire anywhere in 2022.

I think the argument will be to focus on his time at Houston and TAMU. Just ignore Arizona, or say that he's not like that anymore since he's had a few years off. Not saying I agree, just that how I'd expect it to be sold. Especially at a mid major.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DrunkPanda posted:

Only thing making me nervous is a lot of reports are saying "he's planning to sign". Isn't it normal for a coach to sign and then announce it later? Why hasn't he signed yet? CU has a long history of coaches that were "planning to sign" and then backing out at the last second :ohdear:.

he's coaching in the SWAC championship this weekend; my guess is he was leveraging the colorado offer to see if any bigger schools he was talking to would give him something firm, but when they didn't, he decided he'd be just fine coaching the buffs

he probably hasn't signed because he doesn't want to distract from the big rear end game his team's playing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think people are expecting a little too much for a UNLV hire.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sumlin coming off of his time at Arizona seems like a less exciting hire than getting an unknown coordinator or FCS HC. Maybe he’s turned something around in his private life, but if I’m a UNLV fan and look at his career trajectory, it seems like a signal to just check out for the next three years.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

Theres a ton of hires UNLV could have made that were reasonable compared to Sumlin, such as "literally any up and coming coordinator"

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's a terrible place to coach because you will fail, but they just fired someone who was the OC at Oregon. The missing piece isn't someone who lost a game 70-7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It feels like a “New Mexico hiring Bob Davie” level waste of time for everyone involved.