Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

GotDonuts posted:

My wife and I have being trying to find this song that we both vaguely remember from the 90s. It has a guy kinda chanting and we think a bird in the background. Cannot remember anything else about it.

new agey 90s track with a guy kind of chanting, kind of, could be Karl Stephenson/Forest for the Trees - Dream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Zathril posted:

Is it Pot-Shot from Video Games 1?

I think that's it! Thank you!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

GotDonuts posted:

My wife and I have being trying to find this song that we both vaguely remember from the 90s. It has a guy kinda chanting and we think a bird in the background. Cannot remember anything else about it.

Like a previous poster said, this could be Sadeness by Enigma. If you enjoy this song then definitely give Rivers of Belief from the same album (MCMXC.ad) a listen because it's very similar and a fantastic song.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

GotDonuts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE3FXqXh_P0

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

new agey 90s track with a guy kind of chanting, kind of, could be Karl Stephenson/Forest for the Trees - Dream?
https://youtu.be/Rk_sAHh9s08

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
looks like nobody found my white whale. pretty disappointing tbh

voting 1

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Junk posted:

voting 1

Your monitor has a power switch

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Junk posted:

voting 1

I predict you'll keep obsessing about that obscure show of old and end up in a mental institution.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

I predict you'll keep obsessing about that obscure show of old and end up in a mental institution.

It’s actually the one loose thread that will eventually allow them to uncover a deep secret that has otherwise been kept meticulously from view. They will be put into an institution, but not because they are insane.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Back in the 90s/00s the local movie theaters used to have audio that played on loop that featured music, some advertising, PSAs, etc. when a movie wasn't actively showing. This is before digital streaming everything and I'm pretty sure they were a CD that was sent out every few weeks with updated audio. (I have a memory of a manager talking about replacing a CD once, but I might be wrong.)

They seemed like they were professional productions.

I'm almost 100% sure Vitamin C and TMBG (with the song from Malcolm in the MIddle being used, so that probably dates it) were featured on them at one time, but a constant ad that always played was for something called "Hollywood Stock Exchange" (Maybe Box Office Stock Exchange?), some sort of online fake stock exchange game where you'd deal in points in various actors and movies in how their real-world box offices played out.

However, I can't find out anything about these CDs. Likely they were all tossed as new ones came in because no one wanted a CD that was half songs and half ads, but does anyone else remember something like this? I'd say it was a probably around the latter 00s that they probably vanished as by that time I remember local theatre chains having a full video presentation of ads and trivia stuff playing from a separate video source than the actual ads and trailers attached to the film print or digital print.

edit: I was thinking about this, and maybe they were just cassettes put that were in a player that did 'auto-reverse' on them when they got to the end of one side. It would make sense that those would be cheaper to produce than CDs at the time and why they all perhaps vanished.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 27, 2022

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Several years ago I watched a recap or analysis of (I think) several early seasons of Power Rangers. I feel like I might have watched it during an officially sponsored Twitch event but it had a Youtube documentary vibe. I really don't think they were full episodes, every time I try to find this I come across a twitch Power Rangers marathon in 2017 and I don't think that was it because I don't think I have the mental resilience to watch hours upon hours of Power Rangers, but it might have been like a three hour video or something. From my memory of where I was living this would have had to be in 2018 or 2019, so not quite that long ago, but I have no idea if the content I was watching was actually recent anyway.

I remember the conclusion built up to the death of Zordon set to a dramatic backdrop of a Queen track, I think Under Pressure. I've been wanting to get stoned and rewatch this for ages so if it rings a bell for anyone or if someone at least definitively remembers that it was a twitch stream lost to the abyss, that would at least give me closure that it wasn't a fever dream

EDIT: this actually led me to a renewed attempt to find this and it worked! I changed my search terms up a little. It was Linkara's History of Power Rangers and it is less entertaining than I remembered

Tosk fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 26, 2022

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Some edgy webcomic where a tired mom is at a checkout with a tantrumming kid and the absurdly ripped checkout guy bodyslams the child and the mom just stares in shock and then says "thank you" meekly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Weird body parts in the form of x of x. Like the space of donders. Or some named after people like Jacobson's organ. Some were mentioned in a thread eons ago that I have no interest in trying to find but I did enjoy the weird names

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Milo and POTUS posted:

Weird body parts in the form of x of x. Like the space of donders. Or some named after people like Jacobson's organ. Some were mentioned in a thread eons ago that I have no interest in trying to find but I did enjoy the weird names

Loops of Henle?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Islets of Langerhans

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Gary

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh wow apparently it's really common to do that then. Not that I blame them. I'd name poo poo after myself too

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Broca's Area
Wernicke's Area
Skene's Gland
Organ of Corti
Fallopian Tube

that's all i got off the top of my head, besides those mentioned already. I'm sure a doctor would be able to rattle off several dozen.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The happy life of a young lady that god stole from me.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
McBurney’s Point

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh my god neon noodle from looney tunes. I just remembered that. I loooooove that duck.

Anyway, I saw an episode of QI years ago where one of the contestants was talking about skiing behind a water buffalo or ox or something and I cannot find it for the life of me.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh my god neon noodle from looney tunes. I just remembered that. I loooooove that duck.

Anyway, I saw an episode of QI years ago where one of the contestants was talking about skiing behind a water buffalo or ox or something and I cannot find it for the life of me.

here at 5:00?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Nobody coming through with Cowper's Gland, huh

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I'm looking for this shirt, which has been discontinued for about 20 years and was niche even then. There's one on EBay right now, but it's in really bad condition. It is, however, the only one I've seen on the secondhand market in years. Image shamelessly stolen from a Twitter post found on a Google image search.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
edit: nvmd

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 30, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Does anyone know where I can get this type of candy for prices that aren't insane

(they're out of stock here)

https://www.sweetgourmet.com/sweetgourmet-guittard-smooth-n-melty-petite-mints.html

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 3, 2022

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does anyone know where I can get this type of candy for prices that aren't insane

(they're out of stock here)

https://www.sweetgourmet.com/sweetgourmet-guittard-smooth-n-melty-petite-mints.html

You asked at exactly the right time of year, they’re quite popular around Christmas. Search for “Christmas melty mints” gets me lots of stuff like https://www.shopthebulkstore.com/smooth-melty-mints-petite.html

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Arivia posted:

You asked at exactly the right time of year, they’re quite popular around Christmas. Search for “Christmas melty mints” gets me lots of stuff like https://www.shopthebulkstore.com/smooth-melty-mints-petite.html

ooh, thanks for this, they also have a good price on chocolate nonpareils i've been trying to find for a gift

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

InediblePenguin posted:

ooh, thanks for this, they also have a good price on chocolate nonpareils i've been trying to find for a gift

just to be clear i have no idea if that site is any good or not, i just knew that the things the op asked for were common this time of year and googled to find american results for where to buy them (i'm Canadian). so i very much hope they have good chocolate nonpareils!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i've always thought good nonpareils are unparalleled

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I'm looking for this shirt, which has been discontinued for about 20 years and was niche even then. There's one on EBay right now, but it's in really bad condition. It is, however, the only one I've seen on the secondhand market in years. Image shamelessly stolen from a Twitter post found on a Google image search.

redo the graphics and order one from any of the million print to order sites, this is the bottom text: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/qrpff.pl

like, what are you worried about infringing the original designer's copyright?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Speaking of candy: Anyone know of candy places in the US that sell these and will ship?

Skull Crushers

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/lifestyle/eating-out/1982-launch-skullcrushers-sweets-kirkcaldy-931399
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223708093054

Any sources I find seem to be Europe and I don't want to deal with shipping from overseas directly, myself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

shame on an IGA posted:

redo the graphics and order one from any of the million print to order sites, this is the bottom text: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/qrpff.pl

You wouldn't download a t-shirt.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

shame on an IGA posted:

I mean, yeah, kind of. I know it's out of print so there's no way I could actually give money to the people involved, and that feels like it should make a difference, but I'm old and boring and I still feel awkward with "stealing" other people's work.

Also, I'm afraid that a printer would just scan the whole image onto one sheet of vinyl, instead of screening all the text as individual letters. I know that Photoshop exists, and it's probably trivial to set transparency, but still.

And, there's something about the nostalgia of having an original, vintage item. You can copy a '90's band shirt, but it's not the same as having gotten it at the concert.

All that said, yeah, I may end up just having a replica made. But I thought it was worth asking. Y'all have some weird stuff in your closets.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I just find the concerns about copyright really really funny in this particular instance

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Hungry Squirrel posted:

you do you, but are you aware that this shirt makes you look like an insane person?

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
It's sentimental. My husband was wearing it the day we met. He hasn't worn it in probably twenty years, but it got ratty in storage, and I'd like to have a nicer one to put away in the keepsakes box.

You know, the box that sappy moms keep, full of poo poo that the kids have to sort through and throw out when mom dies.

I get it, I do. But it's still something I want to have. I never claimed to be logical or reasonable.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
That is super sweet :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hungry Squirrel posted:

It's sentimental. My husband was wearing it the day we met. He hasn't worn it in probably twenty years, but it got ratty in storage, and I'd like to have a nicer one to put away in the keepsakes box.

You know, the box that sappy moms keep, full of poo poo that the kids have to sort through and throw out when mom dies.

I get it, I do. But it's still something I want to have. I never claimed to be logical or reasonable.
:3: Well now