Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

sonatinas posted:

my six year old’s anxiety sometimes gets into high gear right before bedtime where we’re laying in bed together and she’s asking me how will she be able to survive when she’s an adult and can she still live in our house and how will she get a job, etc. So we spent a lot of time making sure that she is secure in her material needs.

she wants to have her daughter before the Sun explodes so I told her that’s no problem…

I maintain that kids have very rational anxieties about such things and the difference as an adult is you've just learned how to cope where they're just talking in reality raw.

KirbyKhan posted:

Don't get bullied into having a second kid.

We don't do bullying, we just disagree. My ideal would be two kids absent any extraneous factors. But I feel more much less anxious about being able to afford one than two. If we hadn't started so late it might have been easier to time the second when the first was in pre-k, but infertility waits for no one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

careful going for #2 y'all, there's a nonzero chance that #2 is secretly a BOGO deal

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

also, if it took a while for the first to happen, don’t go assuming it’ll take that long the second go round. it took us over two years to hit with the first, and when that baby turned like 14 months we said ‘well, maybe we should start trying in case it takes multiple years’ and whoops, got it in one. I’ll be on the two and want to die train in feb.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it sucks for a bit but you come out the other end with a pair of binary star best friends for life.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

lobster shirt posted:

da baby...... is born. i guess she can watch the world cup with me tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway looking forward to finding out how hard having two kids is gonna be.

Happy for you!! Congrats

stump collector
May 28, 2007
a coworker of mine + his wife were trying for #3 so they could have a girl and ended up with 2 more twin boys

lmao

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

da baby...... is born. i guess she can watch the world cup with me tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!

lobster shirt posted:

anyway looking forward to finding out how hard having two kids is gonna be.

:shepface:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

stump collector posted:

a coworker of mine + his wife were trying for #3 so they could have a girl and ended up with 2 more twin boys

lmao

owned lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

stump collector posted:

lmao

my wife's coworker did the same thing. they did get a girl! but also a twin boy and now have 4 children under the age of 4 lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

new baby highlight: during a diaper change, peed and pooped everywhere, befouling two swaddling blankets. then, once that is all cleaned up and i am swaddling her again, she spit up all over the place and dirtied yet more swaddling blankets. also i forgot how gross newborn baby poop is, so sticky and hard to clean!!

shes great though i love her.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

new baby highlight: during a diaper change, peed and pooped everywhere, befouling two swaddling blankets. then, once that is all cleaned up and i am swaddling her again, she spit up all over the place and dirtied yet more swaddling blankets. also i forgot how gross newborn baby poop is, so sticky and hard to clean!!

yeah that meconium poo poo is basically tar

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I was kinda hoping we’d have twins this time around. my wife wants three, and doing two at once now would’ve been the quickest way through hell.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

da baby...... is born. i guess she can watch the world cup with me tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway looking forward to finding out how hard having two kids is gonna be.

Congrats, now comes the hard part :shepicide:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kid's latest media fixation is Donkey Hodie on PBS. Gotta tell ya, these puppets are crossing the cute/creepy line a little

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I just remembered my favourite toddler hack: getting them to cough on command is basically impossible. No one knows what the gently caress a giraffe says. Solution to both: the giraffe sound is coughing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

when i was like 4 and my brother was 3 my dad took us to the zoo and a giraffe bit my brother on the butt. thats my giraffe story.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My wife and I actually got more sleep at night with our second child. Child number one never slept for more than 2 hours at a time for the first like 16 months. Child number two was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks. Made the transition from one kid to two kids far less painful lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife just showed me the original Mr Rogers donkey Hodie puppet and yikes this thing is all the way on the creepy side

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

when i was like 4 and my brother was 3 my dad took us to the zoo and a giraffe bit my brother on the butt. thats my giraffe story.

For several months the only existing picture of my daughter with giraffes was one where the giraffes were clearly loving

They started like right when I hit the picture button and I didn't notice until we looked at all the pictures later

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

For several months the only existing picture of my daughter with giraffes was one where the giraffes were clearly loving

They started like right when I hit the picture button and I didn't notice until we looked at all the pictures later

hell yeah lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

loquacius posted:

Congrats, now comes the hard part :shepicide:

you don't have to do that just because they lost to the Dutch.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

That's awesome actually, and should be kept for formal occasions when she becomes a teenager.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We also have a picture of her in her cute chef costume for Halloween where she's flipping off the camera, no coaching whatsoever

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

Don't forget to sleep when the baby sleeps, as much as you can with two anyway.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

PerniciousKnid posted:

Don't forget to sleep when the baby sleeps, as much as you can with two anyway.

lol, lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thank god the human brain just makes those post partum weeks real hazy to remember.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

KirbyKhan posted:

Thank god the human brain just makes those post partum weeks real hazy to remember.

Maybe if it didn't people wouldn't be having second kids all the time :colbert:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

That's sleep deprivation for you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my mom told me that first babies are always easier to trick you into having a second one :mad:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Maybe if it didn't people wouldn't be having second kids all the time :colbert:

That's a thing right? I swear that's an actual thing your body does (besides the sleep deprivation) that makes you wan another kid in a year or two, like we sort of want to do right now.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

lobster shirt posted:

my mom told me that first babies are always easier to trick you into having a second one :mad:

my mom has told me on a few occasions if my harder to raise brother was born first I wouldn’t have been born lol

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Dreylad posted:

That's a thing right? I swear that's an actual thing your body does (besides the sleep deprivation) that makes you wan another kid in a year or two, like we sort of want to do right now.

I mean our midwife specifically told us it was a thing. :shrug:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
How does he know? How does he always know the exact moment my lunch is ready so he can wake up and ruin it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Really mad now that I have a 2-year-old asking to be shown pictures of penguins as a bribe for, eg, having her hair combed, that the r/penguins subreddit is not about the Antarctic bird but the hockey team of the same name :mad:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

loquacius posted:

Really mad now that I have a 2-year-old asking to be shown pictures of penguins as a bribe for, eg, having her hair combed, that the r/penguins subreddit is not about the Antarctic bird but the hockey team of the same name :mad:

my son really likes watching videos of babies at the beach and telling the babies not to eat sand, have you tried this? she might also like it!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

One good thing about having a second kid is that we can go all division of labour and I can take him to the pub and he just sleeps instead of climbing all over the place like the 2 year old

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I'm not American. I didn't leave him in the back seat of a Subaru in some Idaho strip mall carpark. Don't yell at me again.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
Wrt not being American, I left my 1 1/2 year old child outside in the pram today and he slept 2 hours. The cold is like baby zoloft

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Struensee posted:

Wrt not being American, I left my 1 1/2 year old child outside in the pram today and he slept 2 hours. The cold is like baby zoloft

Same, but one month old. I went on a walk with him and the 5 year old though, and the baby woke up like 10 minutes after we got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

home from da hospital finally, feels good to be back. not that i will be getting that much opportunity but i am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again.