Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wish someone would punch me in the face with hugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

How could you, when it's so good

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hail Paimon.

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004

This made me scream-laugh, holy poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:laffo:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao, this remind me in foster care there was a kid who had to go to court, and decided the nicest suit he owned was a Joker Costume.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
He just fervently believes in the fursuit of justice.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

forest spirit posted:

I couldn't see any pics Canon PowerShot S40 pics of early-20 something guys in dorm rooms, unless you have a more direct link.

The one comic that sticks out to me is a guy with a light teal-blue shirt looking confused with no speech bubbles for like 3 consecutive panels, I forget if the punchline was before or after the repeat reaction panels it's been so long.

edit: okay found an RPG World photo example, no, if I had to put it any way I would say the people in the comics I'm referring to were way cooler than those homies (as much as you can be and still make webcomics in the early and mid 2000s) and the comic was entirely photographs for the comic art

This is "Lick My Jesus" - mostly disappeared off the internet, but you can get some of the comics from poking around the wayback machine

The comic in question:

Some others:

Another "early 00's captions on real pictures" webcomic I remember is "Caution Man: Safety Knight", but I can't find a trace of that anywhere.

The whole genre seems to have been very much a product of the early internet and dead now - closest thing is probably that comic which puts captions on Star Wars film stills. I guess people willing to put their face out onto the net are making tiktoks or youtube videos instead now.

e: no prizes for guessing who they did this guest comic for:

Clean Your Teeth has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Dec 3, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

9 - B0N3D00D and pLaTeDeWd Born Again

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm suddenly reminded of the goon confusion over eyeballing a drug dose.

When they say use smaller plates for portion control I just assume they mean putting smaller plates on the bar when I work out.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Today's strip written and directed by Ray.

If you don't know who Michael Flatley is, then you have never seen two legs truly a-twitter.

Nothing a good voice coach and a lobotomy couldn't help with

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Penultimate Quest

Mighty Star

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The first rule of Whomp Comics is you do not talk about Whomp Comics

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

One of those comics where I knew exactly what the punchline was gonna be, and I still laughed when it got there

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Did I remember to mention this is the last chapter of the volume? Boss fight!

JRR posted:

‘I am all right,’ said Frodo, reluctant to have his garments touched. ‘All I needed was some food and a little rest.’

‘No!’ said Aragorn. ‘We must have a look and see what the hammer and anvil have done to you. I still marvel that you are alive at all.’ Gently he stripped off Frodo’s old jacket and worn tunic, and gave a gasp of wonder. Then he laughed. The silver corslet shimmered before his eyes like the light upon a rippling sea. Carefully he took it off and held it up, and the gems on it glittered like stars, and the sound of the shaken rings was like the tinkle of rain in a pool.

‘Look, my friends!’ he called. ‘Here’s a pretty hobbit-skin to wrap an elven-princeling in! If it were known that hobbits had such hides, all the hunters of Middle-earth would be riding to the Shire.’

‘And all the arrows of all the hunters in the world would be in vain,’ said Gimli, gazing at the mail in wonder. ‘It is a mithril-coat. Mithril! I have never seen or heard tell of one so fair. Is this the coat that Gandalf spoke of? Then he undervalued it. But it was well given.’

Looks like Team Eight-eyed is blasting off again.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

i thought these ones were great, hope you liked them too!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

This is my favorite poptepipic so far

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is my favorite poptepipic so far

me too, until I read the one below

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Going to need a quick break, and I want to see what happens if I try to do a big chapter-y chunk at once letting me work on whatever the mood strikes that day, also Xmas is coming up which I had forgotten about.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Jun 28, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Some great expressions and exchanges, i especially like the stare from across the apartment

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Heathcliff May 11, 2010

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

quote:

A silver tongue
A golden claw
An iron heart
– “The three qualities of a White Son of YIS”
Pravam Wat, blood priest of Namon, BDO 1994
The first introduction to devils and their very colorful language

quote:

YISUN reclined one day the third palace, which was the palace of emptiness and glass, and situated in an empty place that YISUN had made for this purpose. The air in this palace was constantly humming with silence. YISUN was pleased with its stillness and so summoned disciples to observe. Attending YISUN was a black fifth disciple viceroy, Pavlov and the master haberdasher, INVGSLD.
After some time YISUN desired to break the silence and made a small motion with the little finger of YISUN which was a powerful motion of division which means breaking of symmetry,
The viceroy PAVLOV spoke:
‘In order to unlock a key, one must know the Door.
And truly To know a Door, one need ask a Doorkeeper.’
YISUN was in agreement.
The master of helms and arms then said:
Existence is not a fabric to be woven, but a sculpture that must be hewn from nothingness. A Key of Kings is a masterpiece of the Craft, and no master creates a peace without leaving their mark. They go to Preem Nand, who is well known for his appreciation of the Art, that they may divine the Key’s origins.
They remained in stillness for 4 more days and then left that place.
Fun fact: Ciocie Cioelle’s name is pronounced very much like the individual letters of C O C A C O L A

Allison’s name officially revealed

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Dec 9, 2022

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Today's Internet landscape is not kind to this one.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

little kid asking the hard questions:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tony Lazuto says uwu

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

BasicLich posted:

Heathcliff May 11, 2010

I don't get why she's so angry

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Philippe posted:

Tony Lazuto says uwu

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Found my Flaming Carrot action figure in the attic the other day. Lost his gun and whatever else he came with but he's sitting on top of my computer now.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Whoop mostly gets an amused smile from me, but this one cracked me up

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Clean Your Teeth posted:

Another "early 00's captions on real pictures" webcomic I remember is "Caution Man: Safety Knight", but I can't find a trace of that anywhere.

I thought for sure I was the only person in the world who remembered Caution Man! That was one of the first webcomics I remember seeing, along with some sprite comic that had the main character from the game Crystalis as the protagonist. Would love to unearth either of those if I could get any leads on where to find them.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Since we seem to be on a 'help me remember a lost webcomic' phase, I wonder if anyone remembers a comic about a dude and is zombie girlfriend- the characters were in black and white from what I can remember, but the background of the website (can't remember about the comic itself) was light blue.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta