Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

CharlestheHammer posted:

So wait how does Glen square his belief with the fact 23 seems to imply that government not interfering may have been a problem?

“Try to loving read you libtard” seems to be the general idea.

Glenn’s been a screaming raving reply guy for a while. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they dont even have spaces on the twitter web app. at least on mobile idk i never use twitter on desktop, feels like a waste of my computers resources

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MrChrome posted:

I really enjoyed Episode 2 of The Twitter Files.

did mulder and scully finally kiss or at least have full-on penetrative sex w/ graphic close ups?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

thathonkey posted:

they dont even have spaces on the twitter web app. at least on mobile idk i never use twitter on desktop, feels like a waste of my computers resources

there is a version of spaces for web, but you need to be linked to a space or see one of your follows join one, so you'll never see it unless you're big into crypto (the only demographic that uses spaces)

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Elon stans are beyond parody

https://twitter.com/pakpakchicken/status/1598895136905494528

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Well musk is egging them on with some weird innuendo that “they’re” coming for him

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1599167463295709184

Elon can’t take a single L without blaming everyone and everything. It’s going to be funny watching this crumble.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

parthenocarpy posted:

Hopefully this is being clipped, but Seb Gorka of all people is directly challenging Elon in a twitter space about the merits of calling what Tabbi exposed a "first ammendment violation," and got Elon to squirm

:lol:

The Dragon of Budapest dunking on Musk, Greenwald, and the Legion of Hack-Frauds is :discourse:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Oh cool Bari Weiss. Really encouraging that he doesn't know the difference between an opinion writer and a news journalist.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Also multiple questions about twitter and Elon can support protestors in China and Iran

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1599191734524645377

These idiots will never realize that it has nothing to do with free speech and has everything to do with taking politics and cultural potshots. Elon would never annoy China and doesn’t give a gently caress about Iran.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He'll probably try and buy a few things to get some positive coverage. A newspaper or some magazines or something. Maybe some TV station.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Apparently the whole press in the US is just state propaganda anyway

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1599197132455817217

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Elon has always been about Free Speech for himself and only himself

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Apparently the whole press in the US is just state propaganda anyway

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1599197132455817217

Remember how Musk denied he spoke with Putin a month or so back.

Yeah.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

this all started because he wanted the Freedom of Speech to call his trans daughter by the wrong pronouns

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1599139645387788289

These numbers are not total dogshit but they’re not very competitive either given there’s no stock/equity (and if there was any it’d be super volatile and eventually worthless). Anyone “hardcore” enough for Elon is probably making twice that and puts up with a lot less bullshit and actually gets to make something that won’t be torn down or on fire in <6 months.

They’ll attract some right wingers in the bay for sure but we’ll see.

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 4, 2022

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ah yes, expert of journalism standards Kim Dotcom

Lol how is lord Jabba of Pedophilia still relevant?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Twitter spaces... The one they made to compete with clubhouse that completely lost relevance within less than 6 months? I thought they removed that feature

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Ah yes the three genders, left, right, and woke.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

He's not, he just sits around sniffing King Dipshit's rear end all day lately

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TulliusCicero posted:

He loves talking about constitutional principles and freedoms, I need someone in one of these Q&As to ask him what he thinks of international extradition treaties. I'm almost genuinely interested in what he says

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I can’t believe taibbi and greenwald were at one point professional writers. How do you form sentences so poorly? Like the actual job that every writer has is to form grammatically correct sentences that have an unambiguous meaning.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

...! posted:

There's a nasty listeria outbreak right now. They've traced it to deli counters in multiple states but that's all they know right now. The CDC is recommending not to buy any deli meat/cheese that's not steaming hot.

So that was a smart question, not a stupid one.

No. It was stupid.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

MrChrome posted:

I really enjoyed Episode 2 of The Twitter Files.

I didn't watch, did he post Hunter's balls or is he saving that for sweeps week?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JackBandit posted:

I can’t believe taibbi and greenwald were at one point professional writers. How do you form sentences so poorly? Like the actual job that every writer has is to form grammatically correct sentences that have an unambiguous meaning.

Bari Weiss is in that as well

If you threw in one more you would have the Four Horseman of Hacks

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

JackBandit posted:

They are very good examples demonstrating the necessity for editors

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
you ever think about trump redcaps and how they go to rallies and we had to spend years "hearing them out"

I think Elon Musk fans are somehow more embarrassing than the Maga Red Caps. Probably because one group are rural and you can chalk many of their thoughts on ignorance or raised on conservative media.

But Elon Bootlickers seem to come from STEM or Business fields and all feel like fake-it-til-you-make-it liars and cons and they live in what appears to be predominantly "progressive" areas like Berkley and San Francisco.

Like, the kind of people who go on shark tank with a last ditch effort idea like "an app that finds people who will wash your dishes for you".

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

They’ll attract some right wingers in the bay for sure but we’ll see.

It might attract some but he's openly demonstrated the toxic culture for the world et large. Good luck.

And Right Wing devs tend to be absolutely poo poo at development. Dunno why that is.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1599205091294052352?s=21

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Oh... now he has a vision board. How cute.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s pretty funny that the twitter comp for ny/sf is not that great, for a place in constant chaos that would be such a poor move.

Developers are in huge demand and can command excellent salaries at proper companies not run by impetuous manbabies.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The DNC is not the government you stupid rear end in a top hat

Yes they’re all coming back, laughing and cheering just out of frame

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

priznat posted:

It’s pretty funny that the twitter comp for ny/sf is not that great, for a place in constant chaos that would be such a poor move.

Developers are in huge demand and can command excellent salaries at proper companies not run by impetuous manbabies.

Yeah... the only people who will apply to Twitter at this point will be Musk stans and third stringers who can't get work anywhere else.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

A post-it note for all one of them

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

CommieGIR posted:

And Right Wing devs tend to be absolutely poo poo at development. Dunno why that is.

Well, conservatives aren't well known for their willingness to learn or work in teams.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why wold advertisers come back now? Because he exposed NOTHING?

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Elon literally wants to be God Emperor of Dune

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

potato! posted:

Elon literally wants to be God Emperor of Dune

But he has never read or seen Dune

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Magnetic North posted:

Well, conservatives aren't well known for their willingness to learn or work in teams.

More that engineers have to worry about complicated concepts like "facts" and "reality."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TulliusCicero posted:

Why wold advertisers come back now? Because he exposed NOTHING?

They’re not. He’s just trying to trigger the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Natur is healin