Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've always thought of rick and a few others saying goodnight to me when i lay down to rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shard posted:

No. You better be saying good morning and goodnight.

Good night

Good night.

Cavauro posted:

i've always thought of rick and a few others saying goodnight to me when i lay down to rest.

goodnight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

stop being dicks to each other and bond over making bad jokes about fake fighting and professional wrestling

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Orange Carlisle posted:

stop being dicks to each other and bond over making bad jokes about fake fighting and professional wrestling

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

As an old goon I think it's just a sign of the times that people are jumpy online. Everyone everywhere is real stressed right now and the anonymity of forums makes it easy to pick fights even when everyone involved probably knows better.
That's part of it I'm sure, but out of all the threads I regularly post in or read the AEW threads stand out with this stuff by a mile. Or rather, are the only threads where it regularly happens.

e: I don't read any other PSP threads

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 3, 2022

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

As an old goon I think it's just a sign of the times that people are jumpy online. Everyone everywhere is real stressed right now and the anonymity of forums makes it easy to pick fights even when everyone involved probably knows better. Idk, I think things are going pretty ok but I'm not a good barometer for tracking behavior since I'm basically the guy from Momento except for posting. As for hornyposting imho I think that's in good spot right now and the occasional sixer, even if a bit much at times, is good just to keep it in check. Just an lil bonk to tamp things down. I hope you have a good day and know that you the reader are a cool person who matters, namaste.

The MMA threads don't have any of that trash so no that's not the issue.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
My first thought is that Americans are very weird about the c word. I don't like using it (because it's reserved for incredibly stupid people, ie Matt Hancock) but the idea that it's a slur is very strange to me. I get that that I'm not going to win this fight though. THANKS OBAMA

Secondly, the bad takes thread is bad because people take whatever fiendfan666 has to say seriously, more seriously than fiendfan666, if they're even an actual person to begin with!

Thirdly, I get that WWE crapped on everything for ages but, mate, it's World War III (not the PPV) and there's an ecological disaster on. I'm trying not to kill myself and wrestling is supposed to be fun. You're putting me off this AEW thingy. I don't even know what caused this crap, also it's not a slur Americans.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I use it exclusively for people I have either been friends with for years or who cut me off in traffic, that's the Australian way

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Americans enforcing their views on the whole world again smh

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

To be fair to my beautiful, perfect threads and their immaculate community of the wise and brave, we also get exponentially less traffic. I'm pretty sure if you combine the monthly thread and all the GDTs we equal maybe one Dynamite GDT in a good month. We're basically a really cool retirement home.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

people get personally insulted and say things like “it’s so exhausting seeing the bad faith” if you try to post jokes. It’s unreal. Just scroll down!!!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"No, you change your attitude!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Imagine combining this gif with the one where his face gets smaller.

My feedback is someone should make that

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I wonder if it's the constant actually bad faith and/or dumb takes regarding AEW that people see from outside these forums and that's what puts people on edge.

I think most of the folks here are pretty cool and I wouldn't read people's posts re: pro wrestling anywhere else on the internet.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I personally think the AEW thread could do with a lot less of the running things into the ground jokes (I know I know, that’s kind of the SA brand) - bad number, derangement syndrome, whatever it is where you just call someone a mark for not liking a segment, goon object permanence, etc.

For instance, it just makes it annoying to read the thread when someone might have a legit question about someone who hasn’t been on TV in a few weeks and they get piled on for asking because “people are allowed to not be on TV every week”. Usually nobody is arguing that - they’re just asking about someone.

Good morning, thread.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like the real questions get answered and people are just getting sick of "Why doesn't Tony maintain the momentum?!" and whichever wrestler it is has been on both shows that week. I've become way more jokey in those threads because the serious discussions always end up being about why this episode is why AEW is dying. Usually whatever that problem is resolves itself by next week and we have a new reason.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’ll stop posting about Derangement Syndromes when people stop being genuinely deranged about certain wrestlers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I forgot a good morning.

My overall point is that the thread can sometimes be a slog of too many jokes that apparently pisses people off but it can also be a slog of "serious" posts that also just drag the whole thing down because people get on about how bad the episode they half remember was.

Both definitely come down to "shut up and let people enjoy things"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I’ll stop posting

drat, so close

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel like the real questions get answered and people are just getting sick of "Why doesn't Tony maintain the momentum?!" and whichever wrestler it is has been on both shows that week. I've become way more jokey in those threads because the serious discussions always end up being about why this episode is why AEW is dying. Usually whatever that problem is resolves itself by next week and we have a new reason.

It's just a strange environment unlike any other place I've seen lol. Most weeks it's like a different reality from the stuff I watch so I just try not to engage. I do have a good laugh to myself at the people heralded as positive optimists dropping random nukes about how lovely the threads are and the people in them though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

I do have a good laugh to myself at the people heralded as positive optimists dropping random nukes about how lovely the threads are and the people in them though.

This. I think the threads have generally been much better since the new mods were appointed and the only thing that still regularly creates bad vibes is when this happens imo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

yea ok posted:

It's just a strange environment unlike any other place I've seen lol. Most weeks it's like a different reality from the stuff I watch so I just try not to engage. I do have a good laugh to myself at the people heralded as positive optimists dropping random nukes about how lovely the threads are and the people in them though.

Yeah not to pile on or anything but it’s tiring how often psp is thrown into crisis by one person’s moaning

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I’ll stop posting about Derangement Syndromes when people stop being genuinely deranged about certain wrestlers.

Sounds like you're deranged about derangement.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I don't understand how people can even keep up with the AEW thread since every day when I check it there's 10+ new pages and people post in the thread like it's their full-time job

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Posting isn't my job it's my passion :russo:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I stopped posting in the AEW thread because I can't keep up. It was much easier when I still worked from home. I basically only post for PPVs now. Gotta know your value.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

I stopped posting in the AEW thread because I can't keep up. It was much easier when I still worked from home. I basically only post for PPVs now. Gotta know your value.

You're the Brock Lesnar of PSP

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

welcome to emptyquote city

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why would I read the thread Ganso?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the key is to just read the last page then post like you know what happened in all of them

just like when you dont watch the show for months at a time and have opinions on it's direction or quality

I have done both at points but when will remain a mystery because I make sure my posts are always bad so that nobody ever notices

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Simply read and post in the AEW thread instead of doing your job.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Simply read and post in the AEW thread instead of doing your job.

Done!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lone Goat posted:

We are a superior class of goon tho

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Turns out watching real violence mellows you out.

All the concerned parents going into a panic were wrong all along.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

Turns out watching real violence mellows you out.

the most formative moment of my adult life, the moment that enhanced my empathy the most, was seeing Chris Tuchscherer get kicked in the balls at UFC 102 and then writhe on the mat for 10 minutes, dry heaving and nearly vomiting repeatedly, and they had to bring a bucket in for him in case he did start spewing. he basically admitted that he only kept fighting because it was his first fight in the UFC and he didn't know what would happen to him if he was the guy who quit after a ball shot in his first UFC fight. he got back up, got kicked in the head immediately, and got beat up for 2 more minutes before the fight ended

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

I don't understand how people can even keep up with the AEW thread since every day when I check it there's 10+ new pages and people post in the thread like it's their full-time job

Yeah, for real. I've been self-isolating in my room due to COVID, and I'm not expected back to work until Friday. It's only now that I've actually been able to even come close to keeping up with the AEW thread, and that's because I'm sitting in front of my computer all day long.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What're y'all talking about? Be like me and just ignore the 200 missed posts and post a dumb idea or funny thing you thought of, then scroll backwards until you get bored

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Sometimes I read all the posts. Sometimes I read the last page of posts. Sometimes I don't read a dang thing and I :justpost:. It's ok to not read posts, especially if the posts seem bad or boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sometimes I read all the posts. Sometimes I read the last page of posts. Sometimes I don't read a dang thing and I :justpost:. It's ok to not read posts, especially if the posts seem bad or boring.

Hey come on no need to call me out like this!