Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Warp 9 is when the Enterprise’s engines shook themselves apart after a few seconds. I would not trust this man to get a space ship to Mars tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Remember how Musk denied he spoke with Putin a month or so back.

Yeah.

Yeah he gave himself a big out by saying he never 'spoke with Putin' because he probably communicated with a Putin surrogate which would be far more discrete.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

Why wold advertisers come back now? Because he exposed NOTHING?

i'm not sure they actually are right now

but if they do, it'll be because all the pearl-clutchers about how musk is destroying american democracy or whatever didn't vote with their feet. i've heard people rationalize away their continued use of the site by saying "actually i'm costing them money :smug:" and it's the most lib brained poo poo

my big worry is that even though advertisers are fleeing now, what's keeping them from coming back? ethics? corporations don't have those. they don't actually care about their ads being right next to screeds about jewish or queer people, they only care about what people might think of them if they see their ads right next to screeds about jewish or queer people. and if those screeds aren't enough to meaningfully drive traffic away from the site, what conclusion might they draw from that?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Nothing quite like starting your morning with some DPRK propaganda.

It's what's in your cup!

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1599139645387788289

These numbers are not total dogshit but they’re not very competitive either given there’s no stock/equity (and if there was any it’d be super volatile and eventually worthless). Anyone “hardcore” enough for Elon is probably making twice that and puts up with a lot less bullshit and actually gets to make something that won’t be torn down or on fire in <6 months.

They’ll attract some right wingers in the bay for sure but we’ll see.

What's the comparable salaries at places like Alphabet or Facebook? I genuinely don't know.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

EightFlyingCars posted:

my big worry is that even though advertisers are fleeing now, what's keeping them from coming back?

Because it won’t be profitable. If people leave Twitter because it’s full of Nazis and Pepsi ads are displayed next to someone screaming RaHoWa, they’ll just spend ad money elsewhere

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'm hoping Elon goes out like mcaff but spectacularly. Like he shoots a spaceX super heavy crashing into his office and tweets right before "I have information that will lead to the arrest of Jimmy Carter"

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

EightFlyingCars posted:

my big worry is that even though advertisers are fleeing now, what's keeping them from coming back? ethics? corporations don't have those. they don't actually care about their ads being right next to screeds about jewish or queer people, they only care about what people might think of them if they see their ads right next to screeds about jewish or queer people. and if those screeds aren't enough to meaningfully drive traffic away from the site, what conclusion might they draw from that?

I have an ad blocker, so I never see them - but maybe Twitter isn't actually showing ads next to the right wing idiots posting?

If they are, surly someone must have got a screengrab of Disney's latest movie ad next to Musk saying something facist by now.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Because it won’t be profitable. If people leave Twitter because it’s full of Nazis and Pepsi ads are displayed next to someone screaming RaHoWa, they’ll just spend ad money elsewhere

well yeah, that goes without saying. my worry is that that isn't actually happening

if people have metrics to show otherwise, i'd love to see em

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm hoping Elon goes out like mcaff but spectacularly. Like he shoots a spaceX super heavy crashing into his office and tweets right before "I have information that will lead to the arrest of Jimmy Carter"

He get shot after stalking his neighbor for days in the jungles of Belize.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1599173152470233088

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

ultrabindu posted:

What's the comparable salaries at places like Alphabet or Facebook? I genuinely don't know.

Take a peek : https://www.levels.fyi/?compare=Google,Facebook,Microsoft&track=Software%20Engineer
Senior Staff SWE at Google is north of half a mil total comp

Edit : For context, Google makes 1.65 million dollars a year per employee, and their costs are mostly labor. If anything, even at that pay level they are still getting screwed.

Kafouille fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 4, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ElectricSheep posted:

I can't believe Pauly D is a chud

Our last hope truly rests with Vinny

Help me keto guido, you're my only hope.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ultrabindu posted:

I think salary is similar but you also get like 2+ times that in stock that vests over your first few years + the possibility of yearly refresher grants that stack

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So was there a second episode of The Twitter Files? Did Hunter Bidens dong have a smaller song?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Unlucky7 posted:

So was there a second episode of The Twitter Files? Did Hunter Bidens dong have a smaller song?

They’re focusing on his balls this time

Smooth as eggs

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i think part 2 was just elon hanging out with a bunch of hack journos and twitter "personalities" and generally fanning the flames of rightwing conspiracy talking points. good times all around.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

priznat posted:

They’re focusing on his balls this time

Smooth as eggs

i'd never seen balls that hang perfectly level like that

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Frank Frank posted:

Lol Jr absolutely abuses the gently caress out of some sort of stimulant. He has been on TV doing that teeth grinding/jaw twitching thing coke heads do.

The difference is that Hunter is a cool fun guy on drugs. You just know Jnr is a loving mean prick when he uses. The slap his wife around kind of angry.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Beautiful, flawless, pearly orbs hanging below a hunky mizzenmast of reproductive bliss - two stoic sentinels prodigiously accompanying their master on their quest for salacious glory

I heard Hunter once did a windmill and killed a kaiju

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
I'm really disappointed by the rapid downfall of Matt Taibbi. He did some really good work in the past. Now he's just a PR hack for both Musk and Putin.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EightFlyingCars posted:

i'm not sure they actually are right now

but if they do, it'll be because all the pearl-clutchers about how musk is destroying american democracy or whatever didn't vote with their feet. i've heard people rationalize away their continued use of the site by saying "actually i'm costing them money :smug:" and it's the most lib brained poo poo

This poo poo is so annoying. People won't make any "sacrifice" no matter how small. "Maybe don't consume that media, use that website, shop at that store" HOW loving DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT THERE IS NO ETHICAL CONSUMPTION IN CAPITALISM SO I CAN DO WHATEVER. Then you get people like oh they'll be a revolution there will be blood in the streets, no there loving won't you'll sit at home consuming your Oreos that you bought a couple days ago on Amazon. Well if you aren't I sure as gently caress am, you can go get yourself shot or jailed or whatever have fun.

Anyway I think we're hosed if people refuse to use capitalism for change because we aren't revolting.

edit: Fun example is the electric vehicle thread, maybe don't spend money on a Tesla? No.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 4, 2022

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao I deleted my twitter account the day the sale went through, it took literally no effort and was an obvious move. Anyone doing any less is a spineless coward who isn't even suitable enough to eat my rear end

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

lmao I deleted my twitter account the day the sale went through, it took literally no effort and was an obvious move. Anyone doing any less is a spineless coward who isn't even suitable enough to eat my rear end

I switched from Spotify. What an amazing sacrifice I made. Apple Music sucks but I've been too lazy to steal it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

I switched from Spotify. What an amazing sacrifice I made. Apple Music sucks but I've been too lazy to steal it.

Another extremely easy and completely obvious move. Oh, this platform enables nazi sympathizers? Guess I'll use one of the million other ways to listen to music

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1599213610953154561?s=20&t=zHIC-akONyWhd3SN3DzYIw

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Careful there Elon, like half your sycophants only started worshipping you when you smoked weed with Rogan that one time. If you start calling another dude doing drugs cool some of them won't detect the irony and start thinking he's rad instead of the NUMBER ONE THREAT TO DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD :bahgawd:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TelevisedInsanity posted:

you ever think about trump redcaps and how they go to rallies and we had to spend years "hearing them out"

I think Elon Musk fans are somehow more embarrassing than the Maga Red Caps. Probably because one group are rural and you can chalk many of their thoughts on ignorance or raised on conservative media.

But Elon Bootlickers seem to come from STEM or Business fields and all feel like fake-it-til-you-make-it liars and cons and they live in what appears to be predominantly "progressive" areas like Berkley and San Francisco.

Like, the kind of people who go on shark tank with a last ditch effort idea like "an app that finds people who will wash your dishes for you".
Yeah the Trump fans have that kinda amusing rural energy at times when the main thing they're worried about is 10,000 ANTIFA supersoldiers being sent by George Soros to invade their town. These people on the other hand live around blue-check libs but resent not being the most popular people in that world so Musk buys that world for them.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i work with a bunch of software, digital, and electrical engineers. i remember several years ago there was some hullabaloo about a google employee writing a letter that said women don't make good engineers with a bunch of :biotruths: nonsense, and then he got fired

there was an outcry online about the firing, and also by some of my coworkers when the subject came up. they were angry that google was suppressing free speech or that we should hear him out, both sides are worth listening to, etc.

there's only one of them i still work with from time to time since that team got shuffled around as projects came and went, but as you'd guess he's also a huge elon fan. considers himself to be a "centrist" but listens to conservative radio every morning as he drives into work. plenty of those kind of people exist in tech jobs.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bad Purchase posted:

i work with a bunch of software, digital, and electrical engineers. i remember several years ago there was some hullabaloo about a google employee writing a letter that said women don't make good engineers with a bunch of :biotruths: nonsense, and then he got fired

there was an outcry online about the firing, and also by some of my coworkers when the subject came up. they were angry that google was suppressing free speech or that we should hear him out, both sides are worth listening to, etc.

there's only one of them i still work with from time to time since that team got shuffled around as projects came and went, but as you'd guess he's also a huge elon fan. considers himself to be a "centrist" but listens to conservative radio every morning as he drives into work. plenty of those kind of people exist in tech jobs.
Oh God, I remember that prick. He said women are biologically disinclined for programing, which is the stupidest thing ever because programing was originally considered women's work.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I too like retaining employees that invite complaints to the EEOC for creating hostile workplaces.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
What's the deal with centrists? more like scentrists (because they stink)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

You can't post that dude without examining the issue from multiple sides.

Specifically from profile.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I thought he even got multiple chances to clarify himself to say it wasn't meant to be that bad, only for him to double down each time.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Cthulu Carl posted:

You can't post that dude without examining the issue from multiple sides.

Specifically from profile.

That can't be natural, right?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
The lady in the background looking at him saying bullshit...

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
She's thinking of using him as a few hours worth of sustenance

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
time to bundle up under some blankets and go to bed. i cant wait to see what insanely stupid thing elon has done at 3am when i wake up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Robo Reagan posted:

time to bundle up under some blankets and go to bed. i cant wait to see what insanely stupid thing elon has done at 3am when i wake up

Twitter moves into virtual space to enable infinite scrolling in all three dimensions