Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Sell of the year: The assassination of William Regal by the coward Maxwell Jacob Friedman. (Dynamite 11/30)

:agreed::hf::same::hf::yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Just catching up on some AJPW, and watching the Korakuen Hall 60th Anniversay/NJPW&AJPW 50th Anniversary Show.

Best pre-match shenanigans:
Toru Yano

Has the announce read through a seemingly endless plugs
Gives a shout-out to Tajiri's book (which he bought with his own money), delighting ol' Tajjers, and gets it signed
Acts offended and outraged while one half of the opposing tag team Black Mensore has an equally long list of products to plug, and then politely takes the business card offered to him

Loudly asks the ref if his hands have been washed, and then sprays his hands with disinfectant spray anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

Just catching up on some AJPW, and watching the Korakuen Hall 60th Anniversay/NJPW&AJPW 50th Anniversary Show.

Best pre-match shenanigans:
Toru Yano

Has the announce read through a seemingly endless plugs
Gives a shout-out to Tajiri's book (which he bought with his own money), delighting ol' Tajjers, and gets it signed
Acts offended and outraged while one half of the opposing tag team Black Mensore has an equally long list of products to plug, and then politely takes the business card offered to him

Loudly asks the ref if his hands have been washed, and then sprays his hands with disinfectant spray anyway.

Yano has the act down to a fine tee.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

POTYC: Gideon Grey NJPW December 5th
Gideon cuts an impassioned promo about finding allies that will lift you back up when you've given eveything and your body gives out, all the while UE's mascot nods along knowlingly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2nding the Gideon promo, it caught me completely by surprise and I loved it. The mascot was the icing on the cake!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Equipment failure of the year: Stardom Moneyball match, 19 November.

https://twitter.com/P__Wrestling/status/1593904927511822337?t=EpeJ2HiEdIDC7-uKjLRLFA&s=19

(Competitors were supposed to retrieve the ball to win, there were buttons on the turnbuckles to raise and lower it, and...oops).

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Equipment failure of the year: Stardom Moneyball match, 19 November.

https://twitter.com/P__Wrestling/status/1593904927511822337?t=EpeJ2HiEdIDC7-uKjLRLFA&s=19

(Competitors were supposed to retrieve the ball to win, there were buttons on the turnbuckles to raise and lower it, and...oops).

nth, the reactions were priceless

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Best Challenge for a title: Dragongate at Korakuen 12/6 - Ben K fedexes a golden rose to Yuki Yoshioka mid-go home promo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
POTY: Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite 12/07/2022, telling Max exactly what he is, and getting a crowd HOT

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

POTY: Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite 12/07/2022, telling Max exactly what he is, and getting a crowd HOT

nth, also Spear of the Year from Ricky

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1600665279264358401?s=20&t=kHGySml2Ajf9LIfd616LkQ

Penguin Patrol fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 8, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Best Challenge for a title: Dragongate at Korakuen 12/6 - Ben K fedexes a golden rose to Yuki Yoshioka mid-go home promo.

WHILE CLEARLY STILL IN THE BUILDING

Nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

nth, this rocked

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nth starks crew from day 1 yall

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It was real good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

WHILE CLEARLY STILL IN THE BUILDING

Nth

Ben-K revealing his personality as an incredibly funny weirdo has been one of the highlights of this winter in wrestling.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Nth, because the minute Ricky called MJF a maxi pad, it was over.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

nth. I think this one just destroyed every promo MJF cut this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Millionthed. Absolutely astonishing promo.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Hot drat this was incredible. It made me believe

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

LionYeti posted:

Hot drat this was incredible. It made me believe

Yeah, if I was Tony I'd seriously consider a title change next week after that.

I think what was most impressive is that Ricky flubbed a few lines and some of the content wasn't great, but the delivery was so good that it didn't matter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Big nth. MJF had people chanting "Pebble!" and Ricky won them back. Incredible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
POTYC: Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite, 07/12

Read him to absolute filth

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, if I was Tony I'd seriously consider a title change next week after that.

I think what was most impressive is that Ricky flubbed a few lines and some of the content wasn't great, but the delivery was so good that it didn't matter.

Honestly If i was BBT and it wasn't MJF's first defense but like his 3rd or 4th I would pull the trigger.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i do think it'd be extremely funny if max dropped the title in his first defense after all the jerking off about holding the title for years, and it'd be a great way to break him down and get his character into a new phase. i wanna see murderous psycho mjf out for ricky's blood

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shoutout of the Year: Stokely's homegirl Keisha - AEW Rampage 12/9

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Shoutout of the Year: Stokely's homegirl Keisha - AEW Rampage 12/9

lol yes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Finish of the Year: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Ring of Honor: Final Battle, 12/10/22

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Finish of the Year: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Ring of Honor: Final Battle, 12/10/22

Agreed. One of the best finishes I think I have ever seen. Amazing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

xbilkis posted:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Saw this come up on my twitter timeline

Comedy spot of the year:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1601...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

it was incredible, nth

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rewatching Final Battle.

Little Kid in the Crowd of the Year
The kid that shouts “Rope break!” at 9:29 in the Pure Title match. Rock on, kid.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Promo of the Year Contender: Minoru Suzuki - NJPW WTL/SJTL Finals (12/14)

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Promo of the Year Contender: Minoru Suzuki - NJPW WTL/SJTL Finals (12/14)

After seeing the translation strong Nth Suzuki-Gun Itchiban...forever :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
POTYC: Minoru Suzuki, NJPW World Tag League/Super Jr Tag League Final, 14/12

I cried

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jobber of the year: Action Andretti, from Jericho's match in the Dec 14 ep of AEW Dynamite

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Rope break of the year: Ricky Starks escapes MJF's armbar, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

Jobber of the year: Action Andretti, from Jericho's match in the Dec 14 ep of AEW Dynamite

xbilkis posted:

Rope break of the year: Ricky Starks escapes MJF's armbar, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

xbilkis posted:

Nth both of these.

Saddest Promo of The Year: Hangman's post-concussion recollection, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22.