Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

mikemil828 posted:

In other news:

The Wanderer is about to undertake his own Bohemian Rhapsody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR2n2TsJuNE
I feel you, Mouche. I sometimes wish you'd never been born at all too.

Translating the thing that fuels your Vision as "ambition" has gotten them into trouble here, because in this case they had to break with precedent and say "wish" to make the reference work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I was actually curious enough to look up what the longest character drought is for each element:
    Ongoing
  • Pyro: 396 days and counting since Thoma (est. end day 484)
  • Geo: 332 days and counting since Yun Jin (est. end day ???)

Ended
  • Electro: 338 days between release and Sara
  • Anemo: 337 days between Sayu and Heizou
  • Cryo: 317 days between Shenhe and Layla
  • Hydro: 314 days between Tartaglia and Kokomi

I hadn't realized it's been that long since the last new Pyro. Geo will most likely break that record if it doesn't get anything by 3.6, though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

rumor is there's a super strong and cool geo unit on the next banner

he has one huge glaring weakness though:
mihoyo wont let me change voice language per character so i can listen to his great English VA

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Scaramouche's kit looks cool but I can not bring myself to roll on him because he's such a lame-rear end weenie. What a shame.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

he has one huge glaring weakness though:
mihoyo wont let me change voice language per character so i can listen to his great English VA

His Japanese and Chinese VAs are great too though. Itto is one of those units I feel everyone did a great job on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
SMH that you want to switch off TM revolution

he piloted mobile suits

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

mikemil828 posted:

In other news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohc0XNLeTE

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

mikemil828 posted:

In other news:

What's more evil than an emotionless robot hellbent on world domination?

A robot that can only feel only one emotion: self-pity
A teenage angstbot. :matters:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Without knowing anything about Scaramouches kit, the new anemo set looks like garbage compared to VV. But this new Paradise Lost set might be powercreeping gilded dreams already, at least for hydro/electro/pyro supports on dendro teams.

I sure hate grinding artifact domains where one of the sets is worthless.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There is a difference in damage at the top end but if you dont pull for wanderer you may as well stick to farming gilded since the other set is also useful.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
How does the bloom artifact work?
Like does it need to go on the dendro character, the hydro/electro character or does it not matter?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Looking at the wording, you'd want it to be on whoever is your trigger for the reaction. So for hyperbloom, that'd be your electro. For bloom, that's harder and depends on your team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

Without knowing anything about Scaramouches kit, the new anemo set looks like garbage compared to VV. But this new Paradise Lost set might be powercreeping gilded dreams already, at least for hydro/electro/pyro supports on dendro teams.

I heard that the 25% Paradise Lost bonus is 25% of the 40%, not 25% period (and the wording suggests that). In that case it ends up being a reaaaally minor bump over gilded even in the best case scenarios. Even when it's fully stacked it's a 4.5% DPS increase on an 850EM character.

The new anemo set is only for Scaramouche+Faruzan comps yeah.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 4, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

How does the bloom artifact work?
Like does it need to go on the dendro character, the hydro/electro character or does it not matter?

Whoever triggers the final core reaction. For instance in the thundery furry comp you'll want razor since hes the one triggering all the hyperblooms and burgeons. In a triple hydro nahida bountiful core set up you'll want nahida to use it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Even if Scaramouche's damage was entirely normal/charged/plunging how does that come close to making up for losing the resist shred? :goofy:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Translating the thing that fuels your Vision as "ambition" has gotten them into trouble here, because in this case they had to break with precedent and say "wish" to make the reference work.

sad that my favorite pet theory about anemo vision wielders being two-faced/living double lives got broken with the inazuma 4*s, especially since hoyo brought it back for bowlcut here

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Even if Scaramouche's damage was entirely normal/charged/plunging how does that come close to making up for losing the resist shred? :goofy:
Xiao doesn't run venerer either...

Kale
May 14, 2010

Faruzan is yet another character that sounds pretty different personality wise between English and Japanese in that she seems to have more of an edge to her in English. The other ones it's pretty noticeable off the top of my head are Eula and Yelan. Eula and Yelan kind of just sound more devil may care in their JP voice overs while in English Eula noticeable has that "Harumph! :colbert:" Tsundere Ojou intonation to most of her lines and Yelan is straight up Femme Fatale 101. Faruzan sounds stubborn and sassy in English, but just kind of like a spaz in Japanese. I guess there's Ningguang that I've heard too, but that's more her English VA sounding like she doesn't even remotely understand the character she's playing, and mumbling, mispronouncing and being monotone in most of her lines while Japanese it's sultry exotic bourgeois woman 101. If anyone could ever use an English recast or maybe even rerecording it'd probably be her.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Sanctum posted:

The idea is that you're mostly bringing other elements for the buffs he gets from absorbing them, so you don't really care about shredding them.

I don't know what kind of teams people have dreamed up for him so far, but I assume Bennett is involved. Unless his skill makes him fly up out of range of Bennett's buff. That would be pretty hilarious.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Xiao teams usually run a second anemo for vv shred and energy generation. I'm guessing scara teams will be similar but idk

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

The idea is that you're mostly bringing other elements for the buffs he gets from absorbing them, so you don't really care about shredding them.

I don't know what kind of teams people have dreamed up for him so far, but I assume Bennett is involved. Unless his skill makes him fly up out of range of Bennett's buff. That would be pretty hilarious.

One way to indirectly nerf Bennett, have all future characters be able to fly

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm wondering whether the event sword is better for Hyperbloom Kuki than Iron Sting. Yeah, both the effects are garbage for that setup, but I'm just curious which is slightly less crap there.

I say, planning to pull Raiden and possibly obsolete my Kuki anyway.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

absurd

Kale
May 14, 2010

Last night just randomly got a commission in Mondstadt where the sickly girl Anna becomes an adventurer and changes her outfit to the adventurer uniform and I got an achievement for it. I swear I've seen this NPC dozens of times in commissions over the last couple years and it's always just been finding her on top of the Barbatos statue for her brother so it kind of came as a surprise to me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Both anemo carries so far dont really care about swirl as much as their raw damage. The stupid thing is that this set doesnt even benefit Xiao since he has one tailored for him already (vermillion hereafter)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
A better question for that sword is: who needs an umbrella? Maybe qiqi, there's no way she'd remember to bring one.

Kale posted:

Last night just randomly got a commission in Mondstadt where the sickly girl Anna becomes an adventurer and changes her outfit to the adventurer uniform and I got an achievement for it. I swear I've seen this NPC dozens of times in commissions over the last couple years and it's always just been finding her on top of the Barbatos statue for her brother so it kind of came as a surprise to me.

Weird, I'm pretty sure you're meant to go through the whole quest chain for that, unless she's put on the uniform when she's still a trainee adventurer? Been a while since I've been in mondstadt to have a chance to actually finish off her training quest.

Sanctum posted:

I cannot possibly imagine why you would not wait your heizou to punch faster.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
oh wow, the umbrella needs handguards, that's kind of spiteful right before a Raiden rerun lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tree Reformat posted:

oh wow, the umbrella needs handguards, that's kind of spiteful right before a Raiden rerun lol
Scara wants handguards too. So yeah just Inazuma being Inazuma again.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Xiao teams usually run a second anemo for vv shred and energy generation. I'm guessing scara teams will be similar but idk
The idea of Xiao and Scaruzan teams is that the one anemo character does 70+ percent of the damage so buffing your off fielders with venerer doesnt make sense. If you run bennett yunjin all of the damage is anemo and if you run xingqiu yelan the hydro already gets -RES from xingqiu. If I pull Scara I'm using new set for him, noblesse for Faruzan.

You could theoretically run 4Venerer and just use Scara for a traditional taser but it's not really playing to his strengths.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

One way to indirectly nerf Bennett, have all future characters be able to fly

I want to say I saw someone on yt test this over a year ago, and Benny's field has pretty much infinite vertical range?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Kale posted:

The best part about that chain is that one of your commissions is to help her with her commission and she starts wondering why she's getting the same one over and over again. If you do it enough times though, Fischl and Bennet show up too.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

MNSNTZR posted:

sad that my favorite pet theory about anemo vision wielders being two-faced/living double lives got broken with the inazuma 4*s, especially since hoyo brought it back for bowlcut here

Okay, so, unless Jean's changed a lot since she got hers my "anemo users are free spirits, except for Jean, Venti gave her a vision because she does his job" theory got shot down when it was revealed that Archons don't give out visions, but I have got to know where you got that one. I cannot think of any two-faced or double-life anemo wielder besides Venti.

Actually isn't that really close to cryo's internal contradiction thing? Then again I suppose if "Sucrose loving loves her job and frequently gets carried away about it" counts as free-spirited that brings it really loving close to pyro's obvious passion thing.

Actually what are everyone's favorite theories for what comes with what element, with possible exceptions that gently caress it up? I've got

Pyro: Passion
Anemo: Free spirited, but Jean and maybe Xiao gently caress with that
Cryo: Internal contradiction; like Kaeya'a split loyalties or Rosaria being an irreligious nun
Hydro: Devotion to an ideal, but does Yelan have that?
Geo: Diligence, but maybe Itto shoots that down?
Dendro: gently caress if I know

Electro: Okay so even without Archons giving out visions as an explanation for why, the common thread here really seems to be, basically, "will not make great use of a Vision." Lisa got hers and abandoned her studies to become a librarian. Beidou was already a god slayer. Fischl is either somewhat delusional or the mortal incarnation of a trans-dimensional electro goddess already, and either way she's using her power to. . . do recon for the local adventurer's guild. Shinobu uses hers to babysit a gang of delinquents. Razor uses his to survive. Keqing seriously considered destroying hers. Hell, even Raiden seems to have given up her Gnosis a while back with no major drop in power, like she didn't need it.

But then I don't see how this fits Kujou Sara, and if Raiden doesn't give them out then that sorta gets rid of the "they're a high ranking servant of the Archon and got their Vision for that " explanation the same as for Jean.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Captain France posted:

Okay, so, unless Jean's changed a lot since she got hers my "anemo users are free spirits, except for Jean, Venti gave her a vision because she does his job" theory got shot down when it was revealed that Archons don't give out visions, but I have got to know where you got that one. I cannot think of any two-faced or double-life anemo wielder besides Venti.

Actually isn't that really close to cryo's internal contradiction thing? Then again I suppose if "Sucrose loving loves her job and frequently gets carried away about it" counts as free-spirited that brings it really loving close to pyro's obvious passion thing.

Actually what are everyone's favorite theories for what comes with what element, with possible exceptions that gently caress it up? I've got

Pyro: Passion
Cryo: Internal contradiction; like Kaeya'a split loyalties or Rosaria being an irreligious nun
Hydro: Devotion to an ideal, but does Yelan have that?
Geo: Diligence, but maybe Itto shoots that down?
Dendro: gently caress if I know

Electro: Okay so even without Archons giving out visions as an explanation for why, the common thread here really seems to be, basically, "will not make great use of a Vision." Lisa got hers and abandoned her studies to become a librarian. Beidou was already a god slayer. Fischl is either somewhat delusional or the mortal incarnation of a trans-dimensional electro goddess already, and either way she's using her power to. . . do recon for the local adventurer's guild. Shinobu uses hers to babysit a gang of delinquents. Razor uses his to survive. Keqing seriously considered destroying hers. Hell, even Raiden seems to have given up her Gnosis a while back with no major drop in power, like she didn't need it.

But then I don't see how this fits Kujou Sara, and if Raiden doesn't give them out then that sorta gets rid of the "they're a high ranking servant of the Archon and got their Vision for that " explanation the same as for Jean.

jean has a secret family. why it’s a secret is still beyond me

sucrose’s thing is being kind of a morbid, off-putting sort of person behind closed doors, whereas xiao is the flip of that

kazuha’s some ex-rich kid whose family business failed so he’s just slumming it with the traveler and being that guy who acts enlightened from being voluntarily homeless

scaramouche is obvious. heizou and sayu are just normal rear end people, so it makes the theory inconsistent

xiao also plays into the free-spirit deal too though, considering his past with his old master and his relationship with morax/interaction with venti, opening up with time, etc

the anemo vision has more to do with growth probably, which makes it funny as a dunk on sayu

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Xiao really doesn't care about VV shred, it doesn't affect anemo or geo damage at all and his most common non-anemo non-geo teammate is bennett who barely does personal damage.

Sure you might as well leave VV on the jean/sayu whatever since you are just bringing them to battery Xiao, there isn't really any other supportive artifact set that will make a big difference, plus you probably already have it on them since it's BiS in every non-xiao/non-scara team you'd use them in. But that doesn't mean it actually makes a difference.

Scaramouche can actually use stuff like xingqiu/yelan/fischl/beidou though so he might see more use for it. Mostly you'll bring it on faruzan if you can though I bet.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Forums ate my post!!! Shortened retyping:

Umbrela: Free r5 iron sting. Useful for aggravate/spread/vape/melt dps units. Statstick on full EM builders like kazuha and hyper-kuki.

Scara: Green physical selfish main dps. Use his new set, don't pull for him if you want an "anemo unit." Main benefit over yellow physical units like Itto or white physical units like Eula are his elemental absorption self-buffs, which make mediocre supports like Thoma and Layla much stronger. Running him with VV is like running Petra Itto or Melt support Ayaka: viable, but is this really what you're here for?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

If my last 3 5☆s were Keqing, Nilou, Albedo (oldest first), I should be on the 50/50, right? That seems safe for my fruitless attempts to get the strange lady and not a whinger or noelle with horns, probably.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Why would last 3 matter? just look at the last 1.
Albedo isn't a standard banner character so your next one is 50/50.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Captain France posted:

My guess is it's more "values freedom" which includes free-spirited people, but also people willing to sacrifice their own freedom for the sake of others. Hence Jean and Xiao who both do what they do so that the people they protect can live freely.

quote:

This one I'm much, much more uncertain on. My best guess is "have their own vision for how the world should be, which they're willing to fight the rest of the world for."

That would mesh with the whole 'dream of eternity' god-complex thing the ascension material blurb has going for it, and works for people like Fischl and Kuki and Dori, who are all basically "I wanna live my life this way, gently caress my family/the world" and sort of for Razor with his whole Lupical thing though that's muuuch more of a stretch. I admit though that doesn't really cover Lisa at all so it's probably wrong.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Why would last 3 matter? just look at the last 1.
Albedo isn't a standard banner character so your next one is 50/50.

That is a good point. he should be, i half thought he was

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Zenostein posted:

That is a good point. he should be, i half thought he was

Geo is the one element that Mihoyo has decided doesn't deserve a 5* on the standard banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Geo is the one element that Mihoyo has decided doesn't deserve a 5* on the standard banner.
Well... it does kind of suck.