Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jhet posted:

Haha. First try.

At least I didn't spend a bunch of time growing random crops I didn't need for anything.

3 days. I spent three days growing stuff for it.

Happy to help :tipshat: Don't worry, you're gonna be growing a lot more stuff, stones 11-20 can't be wished for.

NFX fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Glad I had a bunch of Rice saved up for the 2k potatoes and 2k rice quest.

Less glad that the next quest after is the exact same.

Lol I'm at Far Away III and just realized this is coming my way with 200 rice in inventory

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
I’m 41 spiked shells from finishing ATI. Is 1:1 a reasonable OJ:LN offer in trade chat? I’m starting to feel sketchy asking in giveaways.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

andy_social posted:

I’m 41 spiked shells from finishing ATI. Is 1:1 a reasonable OJ:LN offer in trade chat? I’m starting to feel sketchy asking in giveaways.

I think based off of this guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ADsJ_3YQLeAeo_55yCvAT44t9BuuqvzMFF1Pf-zPJU/edit

You’d want to do 4 OJ per 1 LN. But I haven’t done trading since T90/T100/T110 really set in, so I’m not sure that is valid any more.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Super helpful. Thanks!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

andy_social posted:

I’ll send you some nets how many do you want?

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

I’ll send you some nets how many do you want?

Probably need another 250 or so. Anything would be great.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Hey there, just started the game. Names Goobish on there as well. Not really sure what I'm doing yet but looks fun and addictive so far.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

500 large nets should do it probably

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks so much! I was burning out after getting through the lilys and dragons.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

andy_social posted:

Probably need another 250 or so. Anything would be great.

What’s your farmer name?

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

What’s your farmer name?

All taken care of. Thanks again everyone!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Just starting out! Farm name is Booger Farm.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Canuckistan posted:

That name isn’t coming up for me

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Canuckistan posted:

What is your character name? The farm name isn't how you mail stuff. (it is what was asked for but it's the wrong thing) For example I am duckbar and my farm is golden egg emporium.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

I also just started a farm, character name WanderingOrange. This seems like it will consume all my free time...

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Hey gang, how do you get access to the xmas exploration place? I don't seem to have a quest to get there, aside from the one that needs the card.

Also, people that just started: add me as a friend/send me a message/put your farmer name here and I can also send you stuff. In game name is the same as here.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Vasler posted:

Hey gang, how do you get access to the xmas exploration place? I don't seem to have a quest to get there, aside from the one that needs the card.

Also, people that just started: add me as a friend/send me a message/put your farmer name here and I can also send you stuff. In game name is the same as here.

The update info says it'll be available Monday after a questline

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I totally got Christmas cards from the wheel the other day and they are just gone. Wtf.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

H110Hawk posted:

What is your character name? The farm name isn't how you mail stuff. (it is what was asked for but it's the wrong thing) For example I am duckbar and my farm is golden egg emporium.

Sorry! character name is canuckistan and farm name is Booger Farm.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Jeez there's a lot of new players joining up. Some mid-game notes to keep in mind:

- Eventually pets are gonna get you enough stuff to ignore grapes, don't upgrade that grape-stuff much or get the perks.
- Bank perks are trash and not worth gold.
- Puffer Fish, Seaweed, Spiked Shells (throwing Salt into Wishing Well), Gold Feathers/Leaves, Orange Geckos and Sea Dragons (throwing Crab Claws into the Wishing Well) are all things that take forever to get and you need a bunch of. Start the grind early.
- Runestones 1-10 can be got through the Wishing Well. Apparently there's a way to get Runestone 11 for free now through the Corn Maze, but I'm pretty sure you need a second one to get to Pirate Cove.
- At first the Sawmill is the best way to make silver, but eventually fishing at Pirate Cove really takes over. You want Macaw and Snake level 6 to make that happen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also expand your drat mailbox so we can send you more poo poo

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

So... much... orange... juice...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh and spend some silver on each place to make your taps go further.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Happy to update the OP/Second Post if folks want to compile the best Lessons Learned/FAQ

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Is there any reason to try to push to complete these personal requests except the merit badge? Returns are really low for time invested at my stage still it seems. Just do them as they finish or should I be selectively using peach juice?

Also lols at the kitchen costing 500m. Guess I’ll see that in a bit. I was just hoping to be able to turn crops into something other than silver and go full farm to table up in here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

Is there any reason to try to push to complete these personal requests except the merit badge? Returns are really low for time invested at my stage still it seems. Just do them as they finish or should I be selectively using peach juice?

Also lols at the kitchen costing 500m. Guess I’ll see that in a bit. I was just hoping to be able to turn crops into something other than silver and go full farm to table up in here.

I’d keep doing them as they will often enough give hard to get rewards like spiked shells and the like.

I’d also make sure that the crops you grow aren’t needed for friendships before selling them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you're still early then they're really only worth pushing if they've got rare rewards, otherwise you're just grinding out a merit badge (which is still largely worth it, and a genuine grind)

The kitchen unfortunately doesn't really help increase the value of crops - the first recipe doesn't even use any, and you need to get George's Onion Soup recipe before it starts returning any value at all outside of perk points.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
That’s a bummer about the kitchen. But good to know ahead of time.

The rewards have mostly been common or even just crops on my requests, so I won’t bother too much right now unless they’re obviously worth the time. My inventory is feeling really small at only 440, but it’s growing at least.

E: and I keep forgetting about friend levels, I can toss a bunch of stuff that way instead of fighting the cap.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Whew thank goodness I grow pine trees during the day and have managed to not sell all of them. Otherwise this Christmas quest would be harrowing.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Just signed up as Denver Hoxha , let's see how long I can hyperfixate.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oh neat, that big quest dump helped me hit 1000 completed quests, now I'm sitting on...3000AK.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Organic Lube User posted:

Just signed up as Denver Hoxha , let's see how long I can hyperfixate.

Your mailbox is full already :negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Trying this out as Cowtoucher.

Ryaath
Apr 8, 2003

Also trying this out, as SLAGGON

currently trying to figure out how in the world to get 1M silver for the sawmill...

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I just powered though so many quests. It helped that they kept giving orange juice so at one point I was sitting at ~12,000 stamina just to keep my orange juice supply below inventory cap.

Finally stalled out because I didn't have enough snowballs.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Twincityhacker posted:

I just powered though so many quests. It helped that they kept giving orange juice so at one point I was sitting at ~12,000 stamina just to keep my orange juice supply below inventory cap.

Finally stalled out because I didn't have enough snowballs.

How many do you need?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
They're not lying, that is a lot of trees.

gently caress the rest of that questline.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Yeah I saw like quests numbered 2C and 3A and promptly decided to not gently caress with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Right now? 58. But there's a month to go so I'm not too worrired at the moment.