Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Putting that comically oversized Salvation Army kettle right near the back of the endzone is like putting someone in a room with a button on the wall with a sign underneath it that says DO NOT PUSH BUTTON.

The NFL had to have known that such a thing would happen, and if that's the case, then that's entrapment. The teammates should pay the fine for these guys using Dogecoin or something equally as convoluted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The NFL could have just fined the Cowboys as an organization $25k and said the money is going to the Salvation Army.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Fining players for doing something funny that was played on literally every NFL licensed highlight show lol

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
lmao

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Hes kinda climbed the mountain though and while 34 (as a 34yr old) isn't old athletically for a QB I could for sure see the fire going out after you've done it all.

Hes got the cash, got the legacy and the ring. Really wouldn't surprise me.

I feel like you are the youngin' in this thread now. You probably only have minor joint pain so what do you know!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He's been in the league for a long while, but Staff is still only 34. Assuming he can get healthy over the offseason, there's no reason to think that he couldn't have at least a few more good seasons in him.

... Though then again, now that he's got a ring and the Rams are probably gonna suck the next few years, I could see him deciding to hang it up to preserve what remains of his health.

Russell Wilson is 34. Age hits like a brick when it decides its your time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I admit there's a part of me that wants to see Russell Wilson and the Broncos beat the Ravens today. Why? Because this could be John Harbaugh's loss like Brian Billick's loss to the 1-15 Miami Dolphins in 2007. After 2006 Brian Billick signed a several year extension. The Ravens were struggling but a lot of it was from injuries and he wasn't considered in jeopardy. But the team blew a lead to the 1-15 Miami Dolphins and that changed things. So if Harbaugh loses here to the Broncos and the Ravens end up missing the playoffs then he might get fired too just like Billick did. And that gives us the chance to bring in Ken Dorsey.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kiimo posted:

Stafford’s wife is already saying he should retire apparently

I was about post about how he should be retired asap to spend the few years left on this earth with his wife but then I double checked and she had a loving acoustic schwannoma. The whole time all the media coverage about cancer I thought she had a glioblastoma or some poo poo, not a loving benign cranial nerve pimple.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

I admit there's a part of me that wants to see Russell Wilson and the Broncos beat the Ravens today. Why? Because this could be John Harbaugh's loss like Brian Billick's loss to the 1-15 Miami Dolphins in 2007. After 2006 Brian Billick signed a several year extension. The Ravens were struggling but a lot of it was from injuries and he wasn't considered in jeopardy. But the team blew a lead to the 1-15 Miami Dolphins and that changed things. So if Harbaugh loses here to the Broncos and the Ravens end up missing the playoffs then he might get fired too just like Billick did. And that gives us the chance to bring in Ken Dorsey.

Are you real

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Are you real

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1598425416276279296

Is this man real?

For more context: Roman calls two plays instead of one play before each snap. Because of this, the Ravens will often just barely get the snap off and are always rushing to do so, and risk/take delay of game penalties on like every snap. This is the kind of nonsense a guy like Harbaugh does nothing about. Supposedly he told Roman to cut it out late in the Jaguars game but I'm skeptical that it won't just be back again. In the second part of the tweet he says they were having headset issues causing the problem but that's horse poo poo because this is happening every single week for years now.

That's what having a cipher like Harbaugh in charge of the team does. A guy like Dorsey would NOT have this. We need a guy here who runs a tight ship and has an active role in what the team does on the field. Not a glorified overseer like Harbaugh who is completely dependent on his coordinators.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 4, 2022

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Push the Cowboys game back; make Burrow - Mahomes the SNF game, please...

I know it's never happening, that's why they should do it anyway.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Harbaugh's getting yet another free pass,

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1599373192077799424

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean they obviously should bring him
Back but the Trey Lance unknown looms pretty large.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1599366231206727680

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He wrote an entire story of nothing to publish one line about what his sources said. Which was also very little.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Until/unless they can trust Lance to be healthy they should run with what works and is getting them places (it's Jimmy, and Lance can't stay healthy)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hai:

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1599392487360954368?t=599wFnEZNSdULUErSP-egw&s=19

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Please never retire BB.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pontius Pilate posted:

And now an interception after it bounces off the receiver’s helmet. I don’t follow much college ball either but if it’s always this funny…
College football is full of crazy-rear end poo poo, it rules.

Also you get to see who is up & coming for your team to draft and/or ruin.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Chris James 2 posted:

Until/unless they can trust Lance to be healthy they should run with what works and is getting them places (it's Jimmy, and Lance can't stay healthy)

Also I think this season has firmly established that the chances of you getting someone better than Jimmy are pretty low

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1599327736048148480?t=_1Z13vvCGWxbz26sz0YOsA&s=19

:ughh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bullshit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How would you measure that

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

CharlestheHammer posted:

No new accusations in five days!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

DeShaun Watson is progressing linearly through time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

There is no way he's not going to at least test free agency since he's completely unrestricted and see who will pay him the most. Starting caliber QBs are literally never FAs... He's going to get Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

When we get to the point where Jimmy is the healthy stable guy we've got a real weird thing going on.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Schefter launders with the best of them. Lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The man who has consistently denied wrongdoing is making progress—which, again, he doesn't need to do because he never did anything wrong in the first place.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

Fining players for doing something funny that was played on literally every NFL licensed highlight show lol
God forbid the Salvation Army get exposure that they did not expressly write a check for...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Makes sense. He's had way fewer sexual assault allegations this year while I bet most of us here have the exact same amount we had in 2021.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1599419056121352192

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
When I think swagger, I think "understudy for a minor role in Newsies"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Adam Schefter debasing himself for the glory of The Shield, must be a day ending in -y

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

When I think swagger, I think "understudy for a minor role in Newsies"

I think maybe he just got REALLY into Peaky Blinders

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
In the 2021 offseason my parents got a boxer puppy, named Dexter.

This is Dexter:

Over the course of the year I noticed a trend. If I pet Dexter on game day, the Bengals won. Here is the record of the Cincinnati Bengals in gamedays where I pet the lucky dog.

Dexter is, incontrovertibly, lucky. I even begged the Red Dog my parents lodged him in while they were traveling for AFC Championship to let me pet him for luck related reasons. They let me. The Bengals won.

He stumbled a bit on his personal Superbowl, but otherwise he was virtually flawless.

In the 2022 offseason my wife and I adopted a little rat dog named Sejong

This is Sejong:

I had hoped that Sejong would be lucky, or at least neutral. And for the first couple weeks I was presented with a very disturbing possibility.

Was Sejong... Unlucky? Would I have to return him to the Butler County Animal Shelter and reclaim my 32 dollars? In my desperation I came up with a theory. I had, of course been petting Dexter for luck as well on gameday. What if two lucky dogs cancel each other out? To test this theory I avoided Dexter on game day. He lives with my parents anyways and it's like a 25 minute commute one way.

The results... Well:

So Jong is lucky. This is a scientific fact. Dexter is Lucky as well. HOWEVER, two lucky dogs cancel themselves out and become unlucky.

Problem solved. Until this week that is,

Where I am dogsitting. Up until maybe late Thursday I had resigned myself to an ugly Bengals loss. That is, until, I remembered...

The unlucky shirt:

I received the unlucky shirt from the offsite helldump last year and wore it for the Chargers game. AKA the one regular season game last year where I pet the lucky dog and the Bengals still lost.

What if...

What if the unlucky shirt is actually a lucky shirt, but gets canceled out by a lucky dog in the same way another lucky dog does.

I'm wearing the shirt today.

There, of course, is a chance that the unlucky shirt is an unlucky shirt. Should that be the case the combination of the lucky dog cancellation plus the unlucky shirt will send half the team to IR. But, as the Curie family will tell you, there is an inherent risk in discovery.

We will all learn, today, whether or not I have discovered a hard counter to the lucky dog cancellation meta.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Eifert Posting posted:

This is Dexter:

Over the course of the year I noticed a trend. If I pet Dexter on game day, the Bengals won. Here is the record of the Cincinnati Bengals in gamedays where I pet the lucky dog.

Dexter is, incontrovertibly, lucky. I even begged the Red Dog my parents lodged him in while they were traveling for AFC Championship to let me pet him for luck related reasons. They let me. The Bengals won.

He stumbled a bit on his personal Superbowl, but otherwise he was virtually flawless.

This is Sejong:

I had hoped that Sejong would be lucky, or at least neutral. And for the first couple weeks I was presented with a very disturbing possibility.

Was Sejong... Unlucky? Would I have to return him to the Butler County Animal Shelter and reclaim my 32 dollars? In my desperation I came up with a theory. I had, of course been petting Dexter for luck as well on gameday. What if two lucky dogs cancel each other out? To test this theory I avoided Dexter on game day. He lives with my parents anyways and it's like a 25 minute commute one way.

The results... Well:

So Jong is lucky. This is a scientific fact. Dexter is Lucky as well. HOWEVER, two lucky dogs cancel themselves out and become unlucky.

Where I am dogsitting. Up until maybe late Thursday I had resigned myself to an ugly Bengals loss. That is, until, I remembered...

The unlucky shirt:

I received the unlucky shirt from the offsite helldump last year and wore it for the Chargers game. AKA the one regular season game last year where I pet the lucky dog and the Bengals still lost.

What if...

What if the unlucky shirt is actually a lucky shirt, but gets canceled out by a lucky dog in the same way another lucky dog does.

There, of course, is a chance that the unlucky shirt is an unlucky shirt. Should that be the case the combination of the lucky dog cancellation plus the unlucky shirt will send half the team to IR. But, as the Curie family will tell you, there is an inherent risk in discovery.

We will all learn, today, whether or not I have discovered a hard counter to the lucky dog cancellation meta.

Do not share this information with Kawalimus or he will abduct your animals and steal the shirt and use them all for nefarious purposes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This can work against him though, because he won't have a scapegoat to sacrifice to save his own rear end if Roman is leaving anyway. Macdonald is too new to be an effective scapegoat.

Harbaugh's basically had a horseshoe up his rear end when the heat gets on him. In 2012 he fired Cameron after the team's window seemed already closed but Jim Caldwell saved his rear end with the SB run. Then in 2018 he made the Lamar Jackson gambit benching Flacco for him before he was really ready, but it ended up working out very well. So I wonder if his luck will finally run out.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 4, 2022

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Eifert Posting posted:

This is Dexter:

This is Sejong:

The results... Well:

The unlucky shirt:

What if...

This is important poo poo, because the Chiefs must lose as much as loving possible - which isn't very much!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was curious about draft standings and checked. There's such a logjam of bad teams this year.

There are 3 teams with 3 wins, and ten team with 4 wins. That's nearly half the league.

The Packers winning today drops them 6 spots in the draft, but a loss only moves them up like 1 spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

This guy's a dork but he's funny.

Imagine having this guy and trading for Carson Wentz.