Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Deserter is especially cursed imo

I love how his uniform just straight up turns into something from Fire Emblem, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Fister Roboto posted:

Mr. Evrart is helping me find my gundam.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Those are quite cursed.
But I am now choosing to believe that that is Kimball's official pinball hall of fame picture.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Maybe these Inland Empire and/or Conceptualization - Godly passive checks were a mistake

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I didn't mean it.

I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Samovar posted:

I didn't mean it.

I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!!

That's just sydney the skull after washing her face

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Now try it with a black character

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

theCalamity posted:

Now try it with a black character

I'm definitely going to run Measurehead through it, also Cuno just for fun

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Vegetable posted:

Well, I got softlocked. It’s Day 7, I need Titus to tell me the whole truth. But I’ve either completed every other side quest or failed their white check. Exhausted pretty much every single dialogue option with everyone multiple times. Bought things with money in case things gave experience. But I just don’t have enough to hit the next level.

This is my first replay so at least I didn’t get locked out of an ending. But this is pretty crappy design.

Pretty sure you can't fully softlock, the progression of time also can open certain white checks. Just keep advancing, reading books if you have to move time forward.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sardonik posted:

Pretty sure you can't fully softlock, the progression of time also can open certain white checks. Just keep advancing, reading books if you have to move time forward.
Someone said Day 7 causes automatic story progression but it did nothing for me. I don’t know what to be waiting around for. Do I just keep reading books while checking the list of white checks every morning? How is there any guarantee that the white checks will unlock? It’s a wild, painful way to play this game.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

christmas boots posted:

I'm definitely going to run Measurehead through it, also Cuno just for fun

Off to a great start

"未检测到用户面部,请更换照片" - The user's face was not detected, please change the photo

But ok, Measurehead's portrait is a bit abstracted. Maybe it's just too much for the AI to pick up on.

Let's try it again with Elizabeth's picture this time.

Yeah, that's a much better picture. Shouldn't be an issue at a-

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

If you've already failed one of the white checks with Titus twice, when you fail it for the third time and onward you're given the option to advance the story by having Kim bail you out.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Cuno's picture gave me a whole different error: "活动太火爆啦, 请稍后再试吧~" which Google translates as "The event is too hot, please try again later~"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The thing is I dont have enough skill points to unlock the check and I don’t have enough quests to generate XP for new skill points. I motored through all the side quests, talked to everyone multiple times through every dialogue branch, and have nothing else left to do.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Vegetable posted:

The thing is I dont have enough skill points to unlock the check and I don’t have enough quests to generate XP for new skill points. I motored through all the side quests, talked to everyone multiple times through every dialogue branch, and have nothing else left to do.

Can you post a screenshot of the locked check against Titus? Does it show you your modifiers?

If you unlock a new modifier, i think it unlocks the white check. In my case, i thought i was soft locked, but then i found a forgotten line of inquiry with Joyce, which unlocked the check, and let Kim bail me out.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is what I have.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Might want to have a chat with the balcony smoker's friend?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I did that already. He got mad at me — I think for accusing him of murder — and won’t talk to me anymore.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
On the subject of checks, what's up with thoughts that are supposed to unlock certain checks? They just...don't. E.g. the Contact Mike one should unlock FYS skills but hasn't.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Vegetable posted:

I did that already. He got mad at me — I think for accusing him of murder — and won’t talk to me anymore.

Try buying dice? I think some dice unlock white checks??

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

bartkusa posted:

Try buying dice? I think some dice unlock white checks??
I bought a dice way back. It’s not an option anymore.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Cuno's picture gave me a whole different error: "活动太火爆啦, 请稍后再试吧~" which Google translates as "The event is too hot, please try again later~"

He's a spicy kid.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Vegetable posted:

I bought a dice way back. It’s not an option anymore.

Can you post your quest log (the one on the map screen)? Might help cut out people asking if you've tried stuff you already tried.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Can you upload your save file to Google drive? Maybe one of us can gently caress around and see what turns up.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I would really love to upload my save game but I just spent 30 minutes figuring out how to do so with my Deck and am failing miserably.

This is my quest log:

Every quest has either a locked white check or is story-gated.

I just sold Kim’s handkerchief so I could stay at the inn again and complete the Interfacing check in the mirror. Still not enough XP for a level up.

I then realized I hadn’t chased down Klassje’s buoy even after she mentioned it. I went to the location and there was just no option to interact with it. I have 10 perception and even took some speed to boost it further. Apparently plenty others have faced the same bug.

I think this save game just isn’t for me. I can live with this soft lock. I’ll go play something else. This second playthrough really erased a lot of the nostalgia for me. The game is so raw mechanically. I feel like when I enjoy myself it’s in spite of the game. I’d much rather this had been a text adventure.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

This is why it's ok to save scum any white check past, oh, 80%.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Have you considered just fiddling with the save file and give yourself skill points that you then invest so you can do the white check again?

McCloud fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 4, 2022

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is there not an earlier save to go back to? The advice against save scumming and rolling with dice failures doesn't mean "never make more than one save" :psyduck:.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
A lot of games seem to have it pretty raw on Switch.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

christmas boots posted:

lmao loving what

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

christmas boots posted:

I do not want this.

I DO want the reverse. Give me the waifu -> haggard soul converter.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's a pretty good way of illustrating why AI art is theft, it's just piecing together pre-existing images it scanned and is incapable of thinking through 'take the Deserter and yaoi him up'

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah. A human would know to put the deserter in some cute military fatigues or something if you wanted to yaoi him up. That ornate Fire Emblem poo poo ain't doing it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

bartkusa posted:

I do not want this.

I DO want the reverse. Give me the waifu -> haggard soul converter.

It checks out though. Japan has no tolerance for old men over anime fuckbois. I always remember the first Nier game, which actually replaced the protagonist for the Japanese release because the devs thought Japanese audiences wouldn't want to play a game starring a middle-aged dad, so they made him into a sexy older brother instead.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Phenotype posted:

It checks out though. Japan has no tolerance for old men over anime fuckbois. I always remember the first Nier game, which actually replaced the protagonist for the Japanese release because the devs thought Japanese audiences wouldn't want to play a game starring a middle-aged dad, so they made him into a sexy older brother instead.

final fantasy xiv is one of the most popular RPGs in japan and is full of sad dads and other sexy salt and pepper hunks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
OK, but how many of these silver foxes are in their early 30s?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Phenotype posted:

on the contrary, both versions were released in japan (pokemon-style as two separate editions of the same game) but only the dad version was localized and released in the west until the recent remaster which is based on the other version

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

christmas boots posted:

OK, but how many of these silver foxes are in their early 30s?

Only Garte

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

You can take the applicable drug to give yourself a boost in your stats, which will unlock all relevant white checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Taking drugs does not unlock white checks, 90% sure.