Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Omon Ra posted:

I'm imagining someone who would rather do "bing dailies" than pay like a dollar per week, and it is not a pretty picture.

Takes me less than 5 minutes whenever I remember to do them. MS rewards are pretty dope, and for little effort I've been able to get things other than game pass subs like xbox controllers previously and other stuff from Amazon with the gift cards I redeem using MS reward points. I recently got these speakers to use with my Series S (it's connected to a 144Hz monitor that has an audio jack): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F9GTKL8/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They're pretty nice!

Also, here's a picture of me I guess, lmao:

[edit] What a page snipe

teagone fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yup, bing rewards are like 5 minutes of clicking to make sure the app finished doing them, I've been using it for Amazon store credit.

teagone posted:

Also, here's a picture of me I guess, lmao:

:allears: you're beautiful, teagone!

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Volte posted:

Where are you finding Game Pass Ultimate for a dollar a week

With the Gold to Ultimate conversion trick (not even hunting for the cheapest possible Gold cards you could find) it comes to about as much.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
how fast do EA games hit GamePass? I wanna play this new Need for Speed but not enough to pay $60+.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can download and play a 10 hour trial right now. It will hit Game Pass proper in 6 months.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I'll probably just wait 6 months. I ain't going back to it playing 10 now and picking it up in June.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

You can quite literally beat that game in 10 hours.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

teagone posted:

Takes me less than 5 minutes whenever I remember to do them. MS rewards are pretty dope, and for little effort I've been able to get things other than game pass subs like xbox controllers previously and other stuff from Amazon with the gift cards I redeem using MS reward points. I recently got these speakers to use with my Series S (it's connected to a 144Hz monitor that has an audio jack): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F9GTKL8/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They're pretty nice!
It takes you 5 minutes to earn points worth what, 50 cents? Congrats, you're doing menial tasks for $6/hour so a corporation can have your mindshare. Pretty dope if you're a kid really trying to save some pocket money, not so much for an adult.

Omon Ra fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 4, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Omon Ra posted:

It takes you 5 minutes to earn points worth what, 50 cents? Congrats, you're doing menial tasks for $6/hour so a corporation can have your mindshare. Pretty dope if you're a kid really trying to save some pocket money, not so much for an adult.

Why are you so concerned about how I spend roughly ~5 minutes or less of my free time every other day or so (probably during a commute if I cared enough to keep track) that gives me a perpetually free game pass ultimate sub and other free poo poo? Lol. The funny thing is a larger chunk of reward points actually comes from playing games/earning cheevos on my Xbox lol.

bushisms.txt posted:

Yup, bing rewards are like 5 minutes of clicking to make sure the app finished doing them, I've been using it for Amazon store credit.

:allears: you're beautiful, teagone!

:shobon: thanks

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
I'm not "so concerned", do what you like. I'm just pointing out it's less productive than a minimum wage job, for any readers who think "wow this sounds great, I'll get right on it" without stopping for a second to do the math. And like I said, I think it's a bit demeaning to give a corporation your mindshare for piddly rewards and talking about how "dope" that is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
im not getting a part time job to exclusively pay for gamepass

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'd also argue most minimum wage jobs require a fair bit more effort than a couple clicks and/or a button push a day.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I click on this very website we are posting on many times, and they don't pay me a goddamn cent.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hell I pay for the privilege

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Omon Ra posted:

I'm not "so concerned", do what you like. I'm just pointing out it's less productive than a minimum wage job, for any readers who think "wow this sounds great, I'll get right on it" without stopping for a second to do the math. And like I said, I think it's a bit demeaning to give a corporation your mindshare for piddly rewards and talking about how "dope" that is.

On one hand I get free game pass for literally no effort on my part but on the other hand MY MINDSHARE HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
$16 gets deducted from my bank account on the 12th of the month and I simply don’t think about it ever again because I’m too busy playing a bunch of cool video games.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

American McGay posted:

$16 gets deducted from my bank account on the 12th of the month and I simply don’t think about it ever again because I’m too busy playing a bunch of cool video games.

I never have to think about $16 getting deducted from my bank account and I too play a bunch of cool games thanks to my free game pass ultimate subscription. :smuggo: Looking forward to playing Lego Skywalker Saga :dance:

1glitch0 posted:

MY MINDSHARE HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.

My meaningful bing searches like "meatloaf" and I just mash the randomly generated image search terms bing throws at me so I can get my reward points in record time. Exquisite data this corporation can use, most definitely.

teagone fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 4, 2022

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

teagone posted:

My meaningful bing searches like "meatloaf" and I just mash the randomly generated image search terms bing throws at me so I can get my reward points in record time. Exquisite data this corporation can use, most definitely.

I never bothered with the ms point thing until someone smartened me up here with the idea of just searching for 20 or so things, bookmarking them all in a folder then just load those tabs every day. Takes literally 2 seconds.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

I never bothered with the ms point thing until someone smartened me up here with the idea of just searching for 20 or so things, bookmarking them all in a folder then just load those tabs every day. Takes literally 2 seconds.

Yeah, but.... your mindshare :ohdear:

I earned 628 reward points just now, while I was in the bathroom. Time well spent.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Pay for game pass by pooping.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

Yeah, but.... your mindshare :ohdear:

I earned 628 reward points just now, while I was in the bathroom. Time well spent.

You should spend more time earning rewards points and less time posting.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

you can do all the daily rewards stuff in the time it takes to jettison a single healthy european poop. idk what the evacuation time is for a bloated US dump but I imagine you have even more time to load up a set of bookmarked tabs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

American McGay posted:

You can only earn so much in a day, unfortunately.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

the mods should reward him with a free vacation

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

the mods should reward him with a free vacation

Says the goon with a 3-page rap sheet.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Get his rear end dude

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

Says the goon with a 3-page rap sheet.

drat you got my rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

Get his rear end dude

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I usually find the weird Twitter code specials where it’s 25 for three months.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

There's no free gold/gamepass here with MS Rewards, but I do fill out questionnaires for Google to earn some Play credit. Got a free Minecraft for Android or of it, as well as some in-game stuff.

Do I answer those surveys honestly? Hell no. as far as Google knows, I have 16 kids of varying ages, education etc and I am simultaneously a student, full-time worker and living alone, married and divorced.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Answering surveys dishonestly is done by those without honor

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Don't tell anyone, but I earn my rewards points WHILE working my not minimum wage work from home job, maximizing the amount of value

I will fully admit to actually answering the daily 50/50 polls though. I know a lot of people just click whatever the first answer is to get the points ASAP but I like to know where I stand on issues like whether fruitcake is palatable or not

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Assuming I don't feel like clicking on ads or using Bing, are there any deals right now for Xbox Live Gold?

edit: And once I get my Gamepass up and running what are some Xbox/PC exclusive titles I should check out? I figure I'll check out the last few Halo single player campaigns.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 4, 2022

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I have game pass through aug 2025 but I still do the rewards. Got an elite V2 controller for 20 bucks and got a nice mouse for my PC through it. Now I'm not sure what I'm saving them up for, I could get a series s for like 100 dollars I guess.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

All y'all clicking ads, need to find a copy of this extension as it was understandably delisted , and never worry about it again.

https://extpose.com/ext/95759/en-US

You can set up how many searches you want to do and it clears the surveys.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I read this one guy that said the most ethical way for Google to work would be to pay you to use it and Microsoft has implemented said system. I mean I get my clicks from just checking the daily news, something I would do anyway.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

bushisms.txt posted:

All y'all clicking ads, need to find a copy of this extension as it was understandably delisted , and never worry about it again.

https://extpose.com/ext/95759/en-US

You can set up how many searches you want to do and it clears the surveys.

Thanks I clicked the link and my mindshare was stolen.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i once lied and told the bing survey my favourite pie is apple to play lots of free games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Blueberry pie is okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All pies are good