Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

haveblue posted:

But stupid guardian tricks are what the game is all about

This is the actual truth. If you’re terrified of being NON OPTIMAL mayhaps you should try and have some different kinds of fun and branch out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

DARCI is fun though, especially if you have trash aim like me. Whisper if you can aim, DARCI if you can't.

Like I wouldn't run it in high level content but it'd be fun for mucking about in seasonal stuff or strikes.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Republicans posted:

Being able to jolt something at any range at any time is neat but not sure it's worth having a heavy ammo sniper that does barely more damage per shot than an unbuffed aggressive sniper. Why can't they just make it do more damage?

The problem with Whisper and DARCI and Sleeper too is that their whole identiy is being The Biggest Gun that Does the Most Damage, but if they actually did notably more damage than anything else no one would use anything else. So they get nerfed or just power crept into irrelevance.

Jolt is a good idea to buff DARCI by giving it some unique identity, I just doubt it's going to get anyone using a heavy sniper.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I just learned that Lion Rampants are tits in scorched. Really throws off everyone's timing cause the smart people shoot where they think you'll land. But sike!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Almost done with max saved bounties, just need to hit a few more pinnacles and I'm good enough to piss off until Tuesday. I might even have part of that day off, not that the servers will be up or the game playable if every dlc has been borked. Hoping the new warlock exotic is stasis, or just general purpose and warmind themed.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

haven't u heard? the game's dead

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

TheTrend posted:

This is the actual truth. If you’re terrified of being NON OPTIMAL mayhaps you should try and have some different kinds of fun and branch out.

jolt on hit doesn't solve DARCI's biggest problem: it feels like complete poo poo to shoot. if i'm gonna run an off-meta loadout (which I usually do!) it's because the guns are fun.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 4, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The next season is just 8 glorious weeks of cutscenes of Saint-14 and Osiris kissing to enrage chuds. Cutscenes when you log in. Cutscenes when you decrypt an engram. Cutscenes when you reload. Every time you try to summon your sparrow, it instead summons a hologram of them being adorable.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

ClydeFrog posted:

The male friends I play with assure me that getting shot in the balls would indeed feel critical so this tracks

I want to be critted in the balls just to feel alive again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The next season is just 8 glorious weeks of cutscenes of Saint-14 and Osiris kissing to enrage chuds. Cutscenes when you log in. Cutscenes when you decrypt an engram. Cutscenes when you reload. Every time you try to summon your sparrow, it instead summons a hologram of them being adorable.

The only new emote is kiss and it only works with guardians of the same sex

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My body postmaster is almost ready for Tuesday, ditto bounties. Just need to dumpster a bunch of poo poo in my vault.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean… I want this?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

How do I get rid of all my spinmetal, glacial stalwort, helium filaments, and etheric spirals?

You know, short of just waiting for the new season and binning them.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lexorin posted:

How do I get rid of all my spinmetal, glacial stalwort, helium filaments, and etheric spirals?

You know, short of just waiting for the new season and binning them.

You'll still be able to exchange them for glimmer at the Cryptarch after the new season starts, although at half the rate you used to get. They're still a useful stockpile of glimmer-convertibles, you just can't earn any more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you’re really desperate to clear inventory, you can make 2 types of material per day evaporate at the donation chest. There is no reward for doing this at this point, they just go away

Also if you’re lucky the cryptarch will convert them to legendary shards today or tomorrow

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Oh, I thought they were gonna be completely worthless in the new season. Using them as a glimmer stash is good enough!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

PathAsc posted:

My body postmaster is almost ready for Tuesday, ditto bounties. Just need to dumpster a bunch of poo poo in my vault.

Why would you prep in this season of rear end instead of the next season which might be rear end but probably can’t be as rear end

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Prepping for a non raid season lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not an empty quote

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just want pretty exotics and to finally get lorely lmao

The other prep work is shrooms and alcohol ofc

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The dungeon will be available Friday iirc

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

you’ve arrived

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Why would you prep in this season of rear end instead of the next season which might be rear end but probably can’t be as rear end

I miss singing Kelly Clarkson songs in raid, please do the needful

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

New dungeon, new reason to run DSC, and I still have my TOM to chase.

Filthy casual players win again.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yeah, I want to try some Deep Stone Creamery this season (my first time!) and get some play in. I'm casual as gently caress so I don't need a Raid as a carrot to entice me. I just wanna load up the game, click some heads, get some loots, and enjoy some relaxation.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And mandatory microtransactions.

Thanks for logging in, your payment for 6000 silver has been processed. Enjoy!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Destiny kicks rear end

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Destiny kicks rear end

:hmmyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Destiny Destiny Destiny Destiny. It really whips the Cabals rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny eats pieces of poo poo like you for breakfast

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

Destiny eats pieces of poo poo like you for breakfast

Destiny eats pieces of poo poo????

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I took a month off instead of losing my mind and complaining about every little thing on Reddit and Twitter (I’m an adult) and now I’m really excited for season 19. Destiny ftw

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lol they posted a link to the trailer that isn't going to show anything until tomorrow

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1599887620372307986?s=20&t=XNY8H--JTZPD5AzNU7PusQ

because this went over so well last season

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
At least Season of Rasputin is confirmed now

I honestly don't care about getting hyped weeks in advance, it's already a foregone conclusion that I'm going to play it so I may as well discover things when I can launch the game and go check them out

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Yeah I am always curious about what's coming next (in general) but I don't really care. Whatever the season is isn't going to be a deal breaker for me. I just play, and if I don't vibe as much I play less and do other things.

Also I barely touched the seasonal content for Plunder outside of the story and I have all the seasonal patterns, that's messed up. They just sort of fell into my lap without trying.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm curious just how Monkey Paw the news is that we won't be running solo lost sectors for new exotic armor next season

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm curious just how Monkey Paw the news is that we won't be running solo lost sectors for new exotic armor next season

you will now collect rusted armor bits (with a 10% drop rate) from doing public activities. Turn in 4 rusted bits for one shiny bit. You need 4 shiny bits to create an exotic locked engram. Talk to Banshee 44 to get a quest that can get you a piece of key.

You need 3 key pieces to convert to a key that can unlock the engram.

The engram is still random.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Imagine 4 engrams on the edge of a cliff.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Imagine 2 balls on the chin of an exo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

imagine getting out of a coma and putting your feathers right back on