Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQB5ev2rWI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh how nice, that weird Pokemon War Crimes game decided to drop the war crimes and just be an unapologetic ripoff of Pokemo-
hits the 54 second mark
:stonk:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
At least the mons can fight back.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

they gave Pikachu a gun!

"Is that Pokemon? Like, from Fortnite?"

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

harvestella is great because the plot is genuinely bonkers and there is zero indication of the direction its going to go in any of the promotional materials

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ShadowMar posted:

harvestella is great because the plot is genuinely bonkers and there is zero indication of the direction its going to go in any of the promotional materials

haha. i guess that means there's no FF connection?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PowerBeard posted:

At least the mons can fight back.

30-50 feral Garbodors just cresting the rise

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

deep dish peat moss posted:

I just realized my Steam account is old enough to move out and get a PC of its own

:wth:

edit: If I add up my hours played on every single game in my library it just barely cracks 10k so I guess I do not play video games as much as I thought, that's about 10 hours/week

Time tracking started in 2009.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShadowMar posted:

Ulysses looks on in disdain, preparing an hour of speeches that no one cares about

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

deep dish peat moss posted:

I just realized my Steam account is old enough to move out and get a PC of its own

16 days after launch baby! Sure someone here has an account from even earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQB5ev2rWI

For someone like me that's never actually pokemon'd and only goes on cultural osmosis this is still hilarious

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Seems more like Monster Hunter with cuter monsters, military weapons, and the item farming being done through actual slavery.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Kennel posted:

Time tracking started in 2009.

Thanks, now I'm a nerd again.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
The other other Fallout-inspired Eastern European RPG has launched in EA: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063540/Space_Wreck/

Demo looked promising and I know the dev has been slowly working on this for years, so it should be reasonably polished. Also, the Steam discussions are continuing the usual.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Burning Rain posted:

The other other Fallout-inspired Eastern European RPG has launched in EA: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063540/Space_Wreck/

Demo looked promising and I know the dev has been slowly working on this for years, so it should be reasonably polished. Also, the Steam discussions are continuing the usual.

How are people so upset about this poo poo? I recently saw a thread in the Outer Wilds forum where someone asked for a mod to remove they/them for hearthians cause it "ruins the players immersion" and he "can't possible follow the story" cause of it.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I think it just a small group of dudes who troll the steam forums for games to object to. Like there's plenty of assholes out there, but the ones asking if there is woke content in three day old steam games are definitely putting some work in. Probably have a discord to post new steam releases.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

military anime girl avatar usually a good sign they're a freak

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

And on the Steam forums, too.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Incredible

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

FrickenMoron posted:

How are people so upset about this poo poo? I recently saw a thread in the Outer Wilds forum where someone asked for a mod to remove they/them for hearthians cause it "ruins the players immersion" and he "can't possible follow the story" cause of it.

americans have soft brains

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

:emptyquote:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's shameful that we have allowed our beautiful language to be corrupted by the woke blue-haired vikings of the Danelaw era.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I remember a similar 'outrage' when one of the MechWarrior or something games came out and you had the option of using They/Them pronouns for your created character.

Pathetic.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

wow, im kinda interested now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

Not at all limited to Americans. Especially when it comes to the classic fallout community

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Nobody ever plays this game in reverse and reflects on how ludicrous it is that something like a chair or a job has a gender in most world languages.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Rinkles posted:

Not at all limited to Americans. Especially when it comes to the classic fallout community

i would put americans and classic fallout fanatics in the same category of soft brained

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

I can’t stop thinking about this it’s like someone built a game out of Garry’s mod plus Pokémon it’s gonna be so bad I’m gonna play it so much

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Foul Fowl posted:

i would put americans and classic fallout fanatics in the same category of soft brained

Wasn’t No Mutants Allowed one of the first internet cesspools?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be fair they were 100% proven right about fallout 3

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
gotta hand it to them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
honestly idk if they were any more a toxic cesspool than any other bitchy PC gamer forum like RPGCodex or something, the main reason people hated them back in the day was a) them hating fallout 3 when people were hyped for it, and b) them being extremely obsessed with not being able to kill children in Fallout 3

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FC6’s weird cross dimensional dlc thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKuo1jJg9wk

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

honestly idk if they were any more a toxic cesspool than any other bitchy PC gamer forum like RPGCodex or something, the main reason people hated them back in the day was a) them hating fallout 3 when people were hyped for it, and b) them being extremely obsessed with not being able to kill children in Fallout 3

to be fair, putting armed dynamite in your pocket and then letting an urchin pickpocket it from you was a unprecedented innovation in gameplay.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm pretty sure they also despised Fallout 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Volte posted:

I'm pretty sure they also despised Fallout 2

i think there's always been a few vocal people who really dont like Fallout 2 but it was Fallout 3 when they really became famous

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
per Steam reviews the port of Elevator Action Returns has significantly better emulation than the other City Connection Sega Saturn ports so i extremely recommend it if you want an old school arcade game where you shoot the hell out of terrorists and things explode

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RPG Codex posters yearn longingly for a simpler, earlier age, and by that of course I mean the age of consent.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think you can pretty much tell if you will like Elevator Action Returns by skipping to any given point of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjUnp8B3AE

(also yeah it's a short game it's an arcade game port)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

RPG Codex posters yearn longingly for a simpler, earlier age, and by that of course I mean the age of consent.

Where does Age of Consent fit on the timeline? Is it between the Age of Fire and Age of Dark?