Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I made some creepy woods monsters

a giant tongue extending out of the dark woods, tongue is disguised as a weeping woman, pitch black night, hypermaximalist, insanely detailed, raytraced, cgsociety, trending

TIP fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

AI is going to be a great boon to independent art projects. Currently, there is a lot of types of art that a person can't produce by themselves, or at least they will basically have to work themselves to death to do it and have a reasonable release schedule. I don't think AI is quite there yet, but I think in the near future there is going to be a lot of AI-assisted comics, animation, and games. There is of course going to be a lot of garbage, but I also think there is a lot of great stuff that would have not been feasible to create before.

I think the CYOA AI art Let's Play is just one of the precursors of things to come in the future.

Sure some people are going to be left behind, and that is unfortunate, but you can't stop progress only delay it.

Also, if people try to suppress the technology what will happen in reality is that only a few gatekeepers will have control of it.

Its also never going to be a scenario where a person writes a prompt and it generates a TV show, unless a AGI is developed. Once we can make those, society will be radically changed no matter what.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 5, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Do a dwarf fortress play through on the new UI but with AI art of all the items and monsters and things.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Gatekeeping is what it comes down to already. I worked hard to be able to do X, so anything you create that lets people do X without putting in the same work I did is wrong and evil. It's the same any time someone gets replaced and refuses to embrace technology.

It's just John Henry all the way down.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

IShallRiseAgain posted:

AI is going to be a great boon to independent art projects. Currently, there is a lot of types of art that a person can't produce by themselves, or at least they will basically have to work themselves to death to do it and have a reasonable release schedule. I don't think AI is quite there yet, but I think in the near future there is going to be a lot of AI-assisted comics, animation, and games. There is of course going to be a lot of garbage, but I also think there is a lot of great stuff that would have not been feasible to create before.

I think the CYOA AI art Let's Play is just one of the precursors of things to come in the future.

Sure some people are going to be left behind, and that is unfortunate, but you can't stop progress only delay it.

Also, if people try to suppress the technology what will happen in reality is that only a few gatekeepers will have control of it.

Its also never going to be a scenario where a person writes a prompt and it generates a TV show, unless a AGI is developed. Once we can make those, society will be radically changed no matter what.

Who cares about TV shows, the real thing we'll have to deal with is AI-generated tiktoks about Pepsi and I am absolutely not joking in the slightest. We already are seeing a ton of AI illustrated and written things right now and we don't even notice, I'm convinced of it. Lots of people (including me) already understand that you really couldn't trust images before, but now you really can't. Audio recordings and photographs are dead as evidence, it's over.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kharmakazy posted:

CHOOSE YOUR JOHN HENRY TO FIGHT THE STEAM POWERED AI ART MACHINE

So we meet again, Judohobo. It has been a while.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

White Light posted:

Get the gently caress outta here dude, the one who's making this into a thing is YOU. You're just taking words from a box and pushing the 'Build McMansion' button.

You can like it and that's well and good, but don't even think this is the same as photography or digital art; the former examples are different types of canvases, AI is just 'press button->endgame results'. No matter which way you slice it you are always gonna be on the losing end of this debate.

There have been cases of 'real' artists combining ai image gen with their own hard work though. There are plugins for krita and photoshop already. It can be used for example to generate backgrounds for an image, to make cloth textures for something an artist would rather not draw by hand, etc. You can also sketch out rough compositions and then use image-to-image to make the AI fill in detail, or in reverse you can generate an AI image to use as a pose reference or as a composition guide and then redraw in your own style.

Good photography takes hard work and lots of thinking about settings and composition, it's more than just pointing your iphone at something cool and pressing a button. People can still take easy-mode iphone photos with 0 effort but it's never gonna replace art.
In the same way, the best AI-generated art will be more like AI-assisted, with digital artists using it in bits and pieces to add details rather than just typing in a prompt and spitting out whole images unmodified.

For example, here is a pretty neat twitter thread that showed up on my TL back in October about one artist's process making an image with AI stuff, and this was a while ago before AI controversy had really reached widespread visibility:
(the artist also has some tweets from earlier in October about using AI + photoshop to re-light the scene in some of their other art, like changing daytime to night)

Final result:
https://twitter.com/emokakimasu/status/1584842134733041664

The process:
https://twitter.com/emokakimasu/status/1584842147366195200
https://twitter.com/emokakimasu/status/1584842155499335682

That first tweet is talking about adding cloth texture to the upper jacket by taking a photo of a futon and turning it into a photoshop filter somehow.
Then they talk about how they don't like drawing long hair, so they just sketched out the hair and used image-to-image to get the AI to 'fill it in' with a finished version. First image is the AI image they took the hair from, which they then cut out and shopped into the real piece.
Next image is showing how they used it to generate the shiny leather texture on the bodysuit, again by putting their own sketch through and then photoshopping bits from the AI-generated one into the final result image.

Original sketch -> Ai generated -> result

Then they talk about posing a 3d model to decide on where the hair should lie (in front of or behind the arms), and last about adding the flag as a 3d model.

It ends with a bunch of text tweets, reproduced here in almost-comprehensible form thanks to DeepL translator:

twitter guy posted:

While I was working on this picture, AI illustrations suddenly became a hot topic. As a person who handles images, it was essential for me to learn it, but I was troubled by the mentality of how to deal with it because it was such a large scale conversion.

The fact that I was drawing Hatsune Miku helped me psychologically and lowered the hurdle for technology adoption. In conclusion, I thought that AI has high technology, but its intention to convey something is weak, so I thought that we could coexist by clarifying this point. I am grateful for the painting techniques used in the learning process.

At the same time, I need to explain how I used the tools to the viewers.
I need to explain to the viewer how I used the technique. I have included an extra note to show that the viewer will not be able to enjoy the painting if I don't explain that I have been creative (in my own way) and that they will not understand.

I will continue to include the items I used until the AI illustration is ready, so you may think I'm being annoying, but I hope you will understand. Thank you for your understanding.

Translated with https://www.deepl.com/Translator (free version)

So AI has some interesting use as one workflow among many even for people who are already skilled digital artists.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 5, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

KakerMix posted:

Who cares about TV shows, the real thing we'll have to deal with is AI-generated tiktoks about Pepsi and I am absolutely not joking in the slightest. We already are seeing a ton of AI illustrated and written things right now and we don't even notice, I'm convinced of it. Lots of people (including me) already understand that you really couldn't trust images before, but now you really can't. Audio recordings and photographs are dead as evidence, it's over.

The ship already sailed on that. The technology is already out there, and there is nothing that can stop it.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

KakerMix posted:

This rules, is the prompt(s) essentially 2001: Space Odyssey but 2000 Leagues Under the Sea?

Actually I came up with that after the fact and 20000 Leagues didn't factor in it at all, I had sort of a vague notion in mind of The Abyss by way of Stanley Kubrick but I ended up not really anything from The Abyss beyond that. Each image was a specific prompt for the situation (I basically came up with story beats for a rough script and fed them in). The common words across the prompts were "movie still, 1970s, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick, VHS --ar 3:2" and I tried to use some common evocative keywords otherwise, things like "undersea astronauts". This is Midjourney version 4.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Anyways I treat my "throw a prompt in and see what cool image comes out" as about on par with amateur photography, like I don't expect to replace artists with my phone photo of a cool mountain.
It's just fun to make pictures.

On that note, the Inkpunk Diffusion dreambooth model is really cool, both on its own and by merging with other stuff.
Here's something I got using a merge of that with Anything V3.

code:
(nvinkpunk style), 1girl, cat_ears, muted color, muted_ink, limited palette,  (subsurface scattering skin pores:1.33), (hair shader:0.3), ray tracing, digital painting, rim light, trending on artstation
Negative prompt: lowres, bad anatomy, bad hands, text, error, missing fingers, extra digit, fewer digits, cropped, worst quality, low quality, normal quality, jpeg artifacts, signature, watermark, username, [blurry], CAPTCHA, (((deformed))),  bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing
Steps: 15, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 821700902, Size: 512x640, Model hash: ae0192d5, Batch size: 3, Batch pos: 1, Clip skip: 2
I stole those 3d tags from BARONS CYBER SKULL although they didn't do much in this image specifically
here's one from that same prompt but without "muted color, muted_ink, limited palette" and their effect is way more prominent

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 5, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EEKA GEEK posted:

Cool stuff! Have you tried making Basic Lands (I'm thinking it could produce some neat ones like in Tempest and Urza's Saga)?

I decided your getting lands by Brom and Phil Foglio :tipshat:

Forest

Island

Mountain

Plains (not planes! :doh:)

Swamp

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

you mama

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
thats the human contribution

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Kharmakazy posted:

This is the most boomer poo poo

yes that's literally what I was joking about congrats

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

KakerMix posted:

People still cook and bake and sew their own clothes, develop their own film and make their own paints, build their own homes, maybe even their own cars. Having the bar so low to generate stunning images, alternatively, makes more stunning images. You get to tell anyone "Hey that thing in your head? Let it out!" and something wild and new that might never have seen the light of day could come out. Some people spend years working on their craft for drawing, others become computer scientists or raise kids or become astronauts or youtubers. If someone that has spent their life doing something else wants to have their ideas made visual using AI then that rules and there is no downside. What you mildly kinda suggest is they don't get to have that image because they didn't dedicate themselves to it like someone else did.

Like you can't have a cup of coffee since you didn't earn the right sort of thing, it's bewildering to me that people keep somehow putting that in the conversation about AI art. I'd never suggest someone have to go through all the incredible effort to get a cup of coffee on their own, why is it ok to say the same for art?

I knew this argument was coming. Yes its not inherently bad that its accessible and I made a point to say that. I was speaking in terms of how it feels that your passions and efforts could very easily be perceived as devalued, and that hurts. I don't think that's terribly difficult to empathize with.

Also artistic endeavors aren't really the same as the production of a cup of coffee. I get what your trying to say, but It's really different. Art is intimate and personal and expressive, its your own voice and how you use it within the medium. Anyone can do it, anywhere with anything. Automating expression vs a beverage are very different. There is a lack of control and understanding in the process leading to the output that makes AI art more shallow to the creator. It'd be more like if I clicked a button and then me and my partner had great sex, cool yeah, but wouldn't it be more fulfilling if we explored each other together to get to that point? Now if its not about expression and instead just generating images than that's great, but I wouldn't refer to it as my art or that making art got more accessible, generating images got more accessible.

If AI could produce amazing recipes and then execute them perfectly or design beautiful clothes and construct them I would absolutely feel for the people who dedicated themselves to those things, it doesn't feel good when a part of what you contribute to your community has been automated, especially when what you contribute is an extension of yourself and your heart. And that's the crux of my point.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Uriah Heep posted:

it doesn't feel good

Nobody asked them to feel good.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Uriah Heep posted:

I knew this argument was coming. Yes its not inherently bad that its accessible and I made a point to say that. I was speaking in terms of how it feels that your passions and efforts could very easily be perceived as devalued, and that hurts. I don't think that's terribly difficult to empathize with.

Also artistic endeavors aren't really the same as the production of a cup of coffee. I get what your trying to say, but It's really different. Art is intimate and personal and expressive, its your own voice and how you use it within the medium. Anyone can do it, anywhere with anything. Automating expression vs a beverage are very different. There is a lack of control and understanding in the process leading to the output that makes AI art more shallow to the creator. It'd be more like if I clicked a button and then me and my partner had great sex, cool yeah, but wouldn't it be more fulfilling if we explored each other together to get to that point? Now if its not about expression and instead just generating images than that's great, but I wouldn't refer to it as my art or that making art got more accessible, generating images got more accessible.

quote:

Art is intimate, personal, and expressive

I and many others have made things with these tools to express, and that have personal feelings to us. Laboring over the process makes it intimate.

What is art? How is what you're saying anything but "it's not art because I don't like how it makes me feel"

This opinion blithely ignores the work that can be done and can go into AI art tools

That or it's just plain ol' gatekeeping

E: okay no for real, this

I spent hours and hours on this, fussing over little parameters, getting the right composition and feeling in the form and in img2img and touch ups in photoshop et loving cetera. It's never going to win awards but I'm proud of the result for the work I put into it and I like it and it's pretty. I made this picture, how dare you try to say it's not me expressing myself, or important to me.

No it's *press button mcdonalds not art *blah blah blah*

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 5, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how do you know if every AI art doesn't have profound meaning to the AI.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
how do you know that I don't just press a button and have sex? Someone hasn't heard of a free use kink.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I and many others have made things with these tools to express, and that have personal feelings to us. Laboring over the process makes it intimate.

What is art? How is what you're saying anything but "it's not art because I don't like how it makes me feel"

This opinion blithely ignores the work that can be done and goe into AI art tools.

That or it's just plain ol' gatekeeping

AI image generation can be a tool for expression, absolutely. But is your expression as robust and personal as the person that understands the compositional tools they are using to create an image?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Saying "I think AI is cool and am playing around with it myself but I also empathize with the artists who are unhappy about it and see where they're coming from" is not in any way "gatekeeping"
Uriah is 100% right.

Kharmakazy posted:

Nobody asked them to feel good.

This is just a cruel take, you can have empathy with people's fears over being 'replaced by a machine' whether or not you agree with them that it's actually gonna happen.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
you're outsourcing your imagination and using programming (both premade, and user inputted) to make the result

oh sorry I was talking about photoshop there

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

If I'm understanding you, you're unsatisfied by people calling it art and themselves artists? Good news then? They aren't making art, they're overseeing making graphics. That's what I'm seeing anyway. It's not about expressing personality or soulfulness, it's entirely about producing graphics for some project or, randomly being curious, sometimes specific, and asking for it to be made. It's patronage, people creating the prompt are the clients.
Only difference from before is a machine is the one painting.
Taking the machine's output and retouching it, painting new things in it and over it etc, turns it into a collaboration between machine and client-now- co-creator.
Everyone who made works that the neural net learnt from is also philosophically present in the final result. It's just a lot more palpable here than when someone cribbed from Da Vinci

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This is just a cruel take, you can have empathy with people's fears over being 'replaced by a machine' whether or not you agree with them that it's actually gonna happen.

Can. Don't. Rather, fear I understand. Actively fighting progress less so.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the funniest thing about this will be when someone sues over the ai training off their style, winning somehow, making style copyrightable and putting literally every artist out of a job when disney copyrights every single style ever

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Uriah Heep posted:

If AI could produce amazing recipes and then execute them perfectly or design beautiful clothes and construct them I would absolutely feel for the people who dedicated themselves to those things, it doesn't feel good when a part of what you contribute to your community has been automated, especially when what you contribute is an extension of yourself and your heart. And that's the crux of my point.

Yeah and it doesn't feel good to have someone like yourself waltz in and tell someone that what they are doing isn't any good, or they didn't earn it, or "wouldn't it be great if you actually went to school and racked up a shitload of debt to learn the concepts of art so when you do actually create something with rigid, yet fluid on their definition, tools it would somehow be real?" (dang that last one sounds literally like me whoops!) I'm sure lots of traditional animators were quite pissed that Disney up and obliterated their standard way of making movies and went all in on computer animation oh whoops I watched that happen in real time too, dang.
You see AI as being too easy, I see it as Photoshop or store-bought paint or a digital camera, a way to lower the floor to entry to allow more people to create. Don't have to draw or paint or make your pigments or make your own canvas or physically travel to a location or ask a person to sit still for you to draw a portrait. Art has always been a way to get shortcuts to the output, how can this AI stuff be any different on that scale? You are doing literally the only argument you guys have, trying to call to mind some human element that needs to be there for not only it to be actual art, but for the creator of that art needing to toil in a specific way to get to it. I don't care if you consider stuff that pops out from a black box that is AI image generation, a human touched it and got it to react.

I feel for people being unsure about their future livelihoods, because everything is righteously unfair and eat the rich, but to somehow sit there and tell people they aren't allowed to create because it makes you feel bad is a hosed up take, your emotional well-being is not better than the person mashing "BOOBS" into Stable Diffusion, it really isn't. You aren't better than them, you aren't special compared to them. You want empathy but you sit there and demean others for what they are summoning from their heads with the aid of a computer black box and I can't get behind that.

I really just can not see how, as fellow humans, people, you want to take creativity away from people. Why on earth is that ok, how can you defend that?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

I really just can not see how, as fellow humans, people, you want to take creativity away from people. Why on earth is that ok, how can you defend that?

It's greed and pride with a veneer of righteous indignation

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kharmakazy posted:

Can. Don't. Rather, fear I understand. Actively fighting progress less so.

Again, you can have empathy with people without agreeing with them.
You can oppose "banning AI" or whatever those artists support but still feel solidarity with their existential fear of being made redundant and crushed under the wheels of progress.

Reminds me of all the people saying poo poo like "get hosed lol, learn to code" at coal miners during the move from coal to renewables, or long-haul truckers when there was a big thing about them potentially losing their jobs to technological progress. (Turns out self driving cars are still pretty poo poo though and that hasn't materialized).

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can oppose "banning AI" or whatever those artists support but still feel solidarity with their existential fear of being made redundant and crushed under the wheels of progress.

Reminds me of all the people saying poo poo like "get hosed lol, learn to code" at coal miners during the move from coal to renewables, or long-haul truckers when there was a big thing about them potentially losing their jobs to technological progress. (Turns out self driving cars are still pretty poo poo though and that hasn't materialized).

At least on Twitter they pile on and attack everyone who likes, or is interested in AI art. Thousands of people with cutesy avatars and flowers in their name shrieking about how you killed art and what a horrible person you are.

Fear is fine. Lashing out at people with the ferocity like this subject has made people on social media lash out, no I have no sympathy for them at all. Bullying or shaming people into thinking your way because your afraid still isn't cool

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 5, 2022

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

If I'm understanding you, you're unsatisfied by people calling it art and themselves artists? Good news then? They aren't making art, they're overseeing making graphics. That's what I'm seeing anyway. It's not about expressing personality or soulfulness, it's entirely about producing graphics for some project or, randomly being curious, sometimes specific, and asking for it to be made. It's patronage, people creating the prompt are the clients.
Only difference from before is a machine is the one painting.
Taking the machine's output and retouching it, painting new things in it and over it etc, turns it into a collaboration between machine and client-now- co-creator.
Everyone who made works that the neural net learnt from is also philosophically present in the final result. It's just a lot more palpable here than when someone cribbed from Da Vinci

I think that's fair to say. I agree. I wasnt really trying to ruffle any feathers.

I dont want to go as far as saying you cant call it art, which it seems I have expressed. Because as TheWorldsaStage pointed out, "What is art?" and that's an entirely different, albeit interesting debate. I think my point that caused a kurfuffle was that I see more value in something created with more intention and understanding, more exploration. Yes exploration exists in generating art, there is process I wont deny it, but ultimately the computer as made a lot of decisions for you that you pick and choose.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

you're outsourcing your imagination and using programming (both premade, and user inputted) to make the result

oh sorry I was talking about photoshop there

And to this point, yes bits and pieces of making art have steadily been more and more automated. Like using 3D models to figure out lighting, or experiment with perspective. But the foundational skills of the artist and their understanding of how to manipulate them makes them more of a tool than an outsource.

KakerMix posted:

Yeah and it doesn't feel good to have someone like yourself waltz in and tell someone that what they are doing isn't any good, or they didn't earn it

I didn't say that and you really have taken my thoughts and feelings personally and wrapped your baggage around it. Not gonna continue this argument. I think AI stuff is cool and interesting, and I truly hope people that otherwise wouldnt make art in the traditional sense get meaning and fulfillment from it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Can. Don't.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Uriah Heep posted:

AI image generation can be a tool for expression, absolutely. But is your expression as robust and personal as the person that understands the compositional tools they are using to create an image?

Do people using photoshop understand every piece of code in that toolset? Do you need to know how a pencil is made to be able to use a pencil well?

"Robustness" isn't want makes art an art and something being personal only requires intent.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Rutibex posted:

I decided your getting lands by Brom and Phil Foglio :tipshat:

Forest

Island

Mountain

Plains (not planes! :doh:)

Swamp

How exactly did you set this up? Is there a guide we can read? It's awesome work

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah your magic cards are very cool Rutibex!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's ironic because people like them are doing exactly the opposite of garnering empathy. They just wander around stirring poo poo and making grandiose speeches appealing to vague and undefined ideals, making spurious and unsupported claims, and generally casting everyone who doesn't agree as heartless villains.

This is going to happen faster with you than without you, and end objectively worse for the people you portray yourself as empathizing with.

It's like hiring Harvey Weinstein to be the face of your sexual assault victim advocacy charity.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheWorldsaStage posted:

At least on Twitter they pile on and attack everyone who likes, or is interested in AI art. Thousands of people with cutesy avatars and flowers in their name shrieking about how you killed art and what a horrible person you are.

Fear is fine. Lashing out at people with the ferocity like this subject has made people on social media, no I have no sympathy for them at all. Bullying or shaming people into thinking your way because your afraid still isn't cool

Yeah those people on twitter are pretty bad. Just, like, remember the human.

If you get too wrapped up in the us vs them mentality and start projecting the most vocal bird app crowd onto all artists (including non-twitter people who regularly touch grass) you can end up like kharmakazy gleefully cheering for their suffering or w/e

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

It's ironic because people like them are doing exactly the opposite of garnering empathy. They just wander around stirring poo poo and making grandiose speeches appealing to vague and undefined ideals, making spurious and unsupported claims, and generally casting everyone who doesn't agree as heartless villains.

This is going to happen faster with you than without you, and end objectively worse for the people you portray yourself as empathizing with.

It's like hiring Harvey Weinstein to be the face of your sexual assault victim advocacy charity.

Are you ok?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Kharmakazy posted:

bit much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Uriah Heep posted:

... I truly hope people that otherwise wouldnt make art in the traditional sense get meaning and fulfillment from it.

Thank you. A lot of people earlier in the thread were talking about how amazing it felt to be able to express ourselves this way. It really has opened the door for people and it means something to them I assure you.