Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ranter posted:

A neighbor near my new home swung by and knew my name already. They're going to give me a list of neighbors and their numbers. There's a street Christmas party next weekend they're going to block off the street. She asked if I had any objections, wasn't very amused when I said heavy metal band practice was at the same time.

Wondering if I can massage this into dog sitting for a future dog.

Her name is Karen.

all your neighbours are swingers, thats why you're getting a list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
gently caress I hope so the neighbor two doors down is a hella fit mid 30s kiwi with 3 cats and cat tatts and appears to work in a trade.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Non Compos Mentis posted:

all your neighbours are swingers, thats why you're getting a list

Was the neighbour wearing anything with pineapples on it

This is important

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have inherited a compost bin from a soon to be former cotenant in my complex

I have moved it to the bin area to signal a " hey , compost bin, no loads refused" do I need to put up a little sign up?

Edit: a little open closed sign could be cute

Jestery fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 5, 2022

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Jestery posted:

no loads refused" do I need to put up a little sign up?

Well that is one way to find out if your neighbours are swingers.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

McSpergin posted:

Was the neighbour wearing anything with pineapples on it

This is important

Dunno about their neighbour but I've got at least three shirts with pineapples on them. Being a big fat party animal is sweet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stoner Sloth posted:

Well that is one way to find out if your neighbours are swingers.

lol

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I have never known love says man that looks like a model on The Bachelor ad

Jestery posted:

I have moved it to the bin area to signal a " hey , compost bin, no loads refused" do I need to put up a little sign up?

Put up a "Fill me with your loads Senpai" sign on it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

My neighbour is a legend and whenever he's bored he just walks along the street asking if anyone wants their dog walked.

thats actually a genius move. amazing

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:350:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

:same:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

gently caress the spider

Were not really here for that sort of thing. Its just not on.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ranter posted:

gently caress I hope so the neighbor two doors down is a hella fit mid 30s kiwi with 3 cats and cat tatts and appears to work in a trade.

They're gay fyi

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jestery posted:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Laserface posted:

They're gay fyi

Ranter posted:

gently caress I hope so

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Back to being uncomfortably hot for business casual attire. Now Shazza at the office is complaining that the aircon is too high but shes wearing a skirt and no sleeves. Put a jumper on, love.

We need to develop a male business Sarong.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It is insane to me that there is no such thing as business shorts tbh

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Not all progress is good.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

urge to embrace traditionalism rising

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Thinking of starting every work email with "How goes it?" like Doctor Rudi from Life Support.

Poohs Packin posted:

Back to being uncomfortably hot for business casual attire. Now Shazza at the office is complaining that the aircon is too high but shes wearing a skirt and no sleeves. Put a jumper on, love.

The Tongans have it right with men being allowed to wear skirts, we should adopt this as our country slowly roasts

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tbh men are allowed to wear skirts its just most men are cowards and our lovely cultural conditioning makes us afraid of being mocked for it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I would absolutely wear the Indian men's skirt thing to work. I wear it at home all the time around summer cos it keeps things airy and comfortable.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Tell that to the bloke in my department who wears shorts to work 365 days a year (366 if a leap year)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I love having weed doctor appointments via teleconference in the morning of a weekday. So civilized.

Sun's shining and weed is in the mail. Climate change may kill us all soon but some parts of this timeline are pretty alright.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

There's someone still out there supplying bus drivers and tech teachers with them.

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

Surely it's a matter of energy efficiency - domestic households get all sorts of messaging about making sure all your windows and doors are hermetically sealed, no sun is reaching your home, and god help you if you set it below 25C or you're personally causing blackouts- meanwhile every office building in the cities is cranking their AC to try and combat the polyester suit swamp rear end.

It's been weirdly cool for this time of year in Perth though, I don't think it's gotten over 30 more than once in the past couple of weeks. Meanwhile my parents are up in the Kimberley cooking away in the 40s, definitely don't miss buildup weather.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

DumbparameciuM posted:

There's someone still out there supplying bus drivers and tech teachers with them.

And bicycle cops in NSW.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I was gonna mow this morning but I didn't get up til 8.30 and it was already hosed so I'm gonna do it tomorrow arvo

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I have faint memories of my Dad wearing business shorts along with a tie and collared shirt in the 80's, he fixed ATM's and EFTPOS machines along with computers in banks once they became a thing, so he was working outside sometimes but still had to look white collar. I can't remember whether he had his socks pulled up like that though :magemage:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Thinking of starting every work email with "How goes it?" like Doctor Rudi from Life Support.

You mean "Ow'zit?" :colbert:

Or are you the imposter?... :toughguy:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the original dr rudy coming back and getting into a fight with his imposter was easily the best gag in life support that wasn't an actual sketch

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Poohs Packin posted:

I did the kaftan thing a few years ago

For sure dropping a Hundy on a couple cheap kaftans next year, this heat is something else

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jestery posted:

For sure dropping a Hundy on a couple cheap kaftans next year, this heat is something else

The heat destroys me. Thank goodness it hasn't been too bad in Sydney yet.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It's less the heat, and more the transition to heat , it takes a while for my body to get used to it

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

After living in the western burbs my whole life, moving to within a couple kms of the coast makes a huge difference on the hotter days.

I guess my advice is to just move.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How good is Vegemite

Streuth

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a stubborn foot injury that has stopped me running for the last few months so I've been on the rowing machine 6 times a week and I've never been fitter and have lost some body fat and now have a 6 pack. I miss getting out in the sunshine every day though

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I wear shorts year round because pants make me too hot

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You mean "Ow'zit?" :colbert:

Or are you the imposter?... :toughguy:

im a fraud :negative:

Regular Wario fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 6, 2022

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

EoinCannon posted:

I have a stubborn foot injury that has stopped me running for the last few months so I've been on the rowing machine 6 times a week and I've never been fitter and have lost some body fat and now have a 6 pack. I miss getting out in the sunshine every day though

I don't believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

the original dr rudy coming back and getting into a fight with his imposter was easily the best gag in life support that wasn't an actual sketch

I'm just reminded of Cromartie High School having a Mexican criminal pretending to be a Japanese high school student and not really fooling anybody but also no one really cares, when the original student makes it back from America they just accept both of them.