Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think I agree with NC-17 on the Jets making the playoffs just because the teams behind them kind of suck. The Pats and Chargers haven't beaten anyone of note and their remaining schedules are kinda tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

This is a pretty remarkable montage. I earnestly have no clue what to make of the Mike White situation. All I know is Wilson isn't playing again this year (or ever).
Also from the coaches tape.
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1599743832744071168

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think I agree with NC-17 on the Jets making the playoffs just because the teams behind them kind of suck. The Pats and Chargers haven't beaten anyone of note and their remaining schedules are kinda tough.

Raiders gonna win out, Josh McDaniels will break Mcmagic's brain, again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Good morning. Boomer Esiason just compared Mike White to Tom Brady in WFAN.

Does anyone remember that like two weeks ago the Vikings Defense made Mac Jones look like a top 10 QB? I think the national media has the attention span of 48 hours.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets have the easier schedule and regardless of what's happening at quarterback, they are by far the most consistent team week to week, whereas the Patriots/Chargers/Raiders on any given Sunday could lose to a DIII team.

Like *In theory* the Chargers should cruise with that schedule, but I have no doubt that they will find a way to lose at least half those games.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 5, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Brock Purdy is the real Tom Brady

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think Mike White ending up as a top 20 Jimmy G starter type is a likely-ish outcome.

The most likely outcome, though, is that he's just a solid backup capable of putting up good games against bad defenses a la Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewater.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was away for the weekend and I'm not reading the 500+ posts, but I just wanted to laugh at

"The Jets keep getting lucky and beating backup QBs"

While the Dolphins couldn't beat a backup undrafted rookie playing in his first pro game.

Also even though they lost to the Vikings, I feel like Wilson doesn't even get us that close to winning twice in the game's final minutes. If White can keep it respectable vs the Bills too, I'll be happy.

edit: oops, forgot he was Mr Irrelevant.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 5, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

syzpid posted:

I was away for the weekend and I'm not reading the 500+ posts, but I just wanted to laugh at

While the Dolphins couldn't beat a backup undrafted rookie playing in his first pro game.

Also even though they lost to the Vikings, I feel like Wilson doesn't even get us that close to winning twice in the game's final minutes. If White can keep it respectable vs the Bills too, I'll be happy.

Mr. Irrelevant is very much not an undrafted player!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That game is 35-6 if Wilson is playing.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

syzpid posted:

Every single time this has been posted its in response to mcmagic talking poo poo. A win is a win is a win is a win.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Also the 49ers have an extremely QB friendly system and the #1 defense. It was the best possible situation for a backup QB to win in.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

I think Mike White ending up as a top 20 Jimmy G starter type is a likely-ish outcome.

The most likely outcome, though, is that he's just a solid backup capable of putting up good games against bad defenses a la Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewater.

This seems like the most plausible range of outcomes to me. And dollar store Jimmy G would be a pretty remarkable development outcome for Mike White, even if Jets fans are hoping (probably unreasonably) for much more than that. But the NFL often doesn’t make sense, so maybe he actually will turn out to be more than that.

At a minimum it will be a really fun story down the stretch.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

is pepsi ok posted:

Also the 49ers have an extremely QB friendly system and the #1 defense. It was the best possible situation for a backup QB to win in.

And most importantly, our defense loving sucks.

Obviously I'm just a dude on the internet but man, sure seems like telling Holland "CMC is yours all day, follow him everywhere he goes" would have been a lot better idea than "Nobody cover McCaffery ever"

Go back and watch X's INT. CMC is running down the field wide open and if Purdy would have spotted him it would have been an easy first down. Boyer is totally lost right now.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

is pepsi ok posted:

It's a wierd one. The glass half full is that the system works and if Tua has even a below average day the Dolphins win comfortably.

The glass half empty is that Tua appears prone to absolutely making GBS threads the bed in big games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

Every single time this has been posted its in response to mcmagic talking poo poo. A win is a win is a win is a win.

I BARELY talked any poo poo. I just said the Dolphins bully bad teams lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

This seems like the most plausible range of outcomes to me. And dollar store Jimmy G would be a pretty remarkable development outcome for Mike White, even if Jets fans are hoping (probably unreasonably) for much more than that. But the NFL often doesn’t make sense, so maybe he actually will turn out to be more than that.

At a minimum it will be a really fun story down the stretch.

Kirkland brand Jimmy G imo

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

tarbrush posted:

It's a wierd one. The glass half full is that the system works and if Tua has even a below average day the Dolphins win comfortably.

The glass half empty is that Tua appears prone to absolutely making GBS threads the bed in big games.

It reminded me a lot of the Titans game last year. Big road game late in the season and he just mentally collapsed again.

This is gonna be a major test of McDaniel to see if he can get Tua's mind right for this final stretch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, the San Diego game is absolutely ripe for the taking, so if Tua continues this slump then we've got some real problems.

11-6 makes the playoffs. Just gotta win 3 more games.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

tarbrush posted:

I wouldn't get too low. Every QB in the league has bad games and this was against a top defense and without the starting tackles.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

I wouldn't get too low. Every QB in the league has bad games and this was against a top defense and without the starting tackles.

I can understand that, but in reality... our guys were open. Tua missed a bunch of wide open throws.

McDaniel is still a rookie and we're still in a rookie season in this system. Our complete abandonment of the run game compounds the problem when Tua cant hit poo poo

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, the San Diego game is absolutely ripe for the taking, so if Tua continues this slump then we've got some real problems.

11-6 makes the playoffs. Just gotta win 3 more games.

They should dumpster the Chargers, SF has an absurd defense and the Chargers... have another Bosa oh no

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

I BARELY talked any poo poo. I just said the Dolphins bully bad teams lol

You're way too smart to have read my reply and think I was referring to just yesterday specifically.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You know what they say, you need a short memory to be good at (watching) football

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

You're way too smart to have read my reply and think I was referring to just yesterday specifically.

Youve really gotta stop assuming there's good faith in these arguments

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can understand that, but in reality... our guys were open. Tua missed a bunch of wide open throws.

McDaniel is still a rookie and we're still in a rookie season in this system. Our complete abandonment of the run game compounds the problem when Tua cant hit poo poo

If Tua plays poorly against the Chargers, its time to worry. We're at a level where "Tua played poorly" is still better than most of his previous two seasons.

If he was throwing floaters on the move or skipping balls into the ground I'd say oh no, its late season and his hip is falling apart again, but if anything its the opposite.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sirtommygunn posted:

You know what they say, you need a short memory to be good at (watching) football

This is actually one of the reasons I'm decently optimistic about the Jets' playoff push. They're well coached and they don't let bad losses fester (at least not yet).

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tua played poorly against a great defense and has played otherworldly against poo poo defenses, which to be fair has been most of his opponents so far.

The Chargers have a below average defense by most metrics therefore he should be lights out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I don't think I have talked any poo poo for like 4 years lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tua was bad but in such an uncharacteristic way that I expect a bounce back

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He dove into himself hard in his presser - blamed himself ultimately. McDaniel blamed HIMSELF, and oddly enough Tyreek also blamed himself (?)

Whole team trying to take accountability to a weird degree.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://youtu.be/tfw3jIWFqsA

Richard Sherman is funny.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

If Tua plays poorly against the Chargers, its time to worry. We're at a level where "Tua played poorly" is still better than most of his previous two seasons.

If he was throwing floaters on the move or skipping balls into the ground I'd say oh no, its late season and his hip is falling apart again, but if anything its the opposite.

I agree completely. Everyone has bad games. If he makes it three bad in a row next week, then I’ll genuinely worry

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills open as 9.5 point favorites against the Jets.

Seems high considering, you know, they lost to the Jets starting the league's worst QB a few weeks ago.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah but they just lost a close game to the 2nd best team in the league right now so they're trash actually.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Yeah but they just lost a close game to the 2nd best team in the league right now so they're trash actually.

There is no earthly universe where the Vikings are the 2nd best team in the league. They are barely top 10.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

2nd best record, 2nd best team, easy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Imagine losing to the Vikings in regulation lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Imagine losing to the Vikings in regulation lmao

It's reasonable to say the Jets are slightly worse than the bills and both teams should've beat the lovely overrated lucksack Vikings. I do think the Bills loss is worse because how the gently caress do you fumble a snap there.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

slightly worse

One team has Josh Allen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

One team has Josh Allen.

I mean if the Jets had an actual good QB instead of hoping for league average play that the defense can carrey they would be a super bowl team.