Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Use the thread title as the name to create a buzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

All the best donut places I know of are named after the owner. [Last Name]'s Donuts or maybe [Your Nickname]'s Donuts is probably sufficient.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Sirotan posted:

All the best donut places I know of are named after the owner. [Last Name]'s Donuts or maybe [Your Nickname]'s Donuts is probably sufficient.

Sweet pea is what we call the babies when we haven’t settled on a name

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SP donuts & brew

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
If I went into a donut place called the sweet pea and the theme was on point inside I would like it, I would tell people about it too, probably. Like gardeny or something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Swee' Pea was the name of the baby in Popeye comics (yeah I'm old) I think that's why people use it as a baby name, or maybe that was first, I dunno

anyway it sounds very rural and quaint to me so if that's the vibe you're going for OK but I might consider putting the word "donut" or if you're fancy "doughnut" into the name so when people in your area google donut they'll get your store as a result and maybe not put the word "diner" in the name so when people are looking for a real diner to find some eggs and hash browns or a $12 hamburger they don't find themselves at a store that only sells donuts

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Sweet Pea is a terrible name. Luckily, I don’t think it will decrease your chances for success, as they are already quite firmly at zero.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

aw frig aw dang it posted:

still think you should go with Donut Hovel

Donut Hole in the Wall

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If you make cinnamon rolls, why not Rolls, Holes and Coffee as a name?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my dads pet name for my mom was sweetpea so i think the name is cute

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Giraffe posted:

Sweet Pea is a terrible name. Luckily, I don’t think it will decrease your chances for success, as they are already quite firmly at zero.

The donuts matter, the service matters, the efficiency & consistency of the business and who you hire matters. Call yourself sweet pea, asparagus, or The Planet Uranus it wont make a difference.

George Wright
Nov 20, 2005
Glory Donut Hole

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

GoodluckJonathan posted:

The donuts matter, the service matters, the efficiency & consistency of the business and who you hire matters. Call yourself sweet pea, asparagus, or The Planet Uranus it wont make a difference.

It makes a huge difference for helping people discover your business. Word of mouth is important but so is showing up when people search yelp or Google for donuts or coffee.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

AAA Donuts

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

CarForumPoster posted:

It makes a huge difference for helping people discover your business. Word of mouth is important but so is showing up when people search yelp or Google for donuts or coffee.

If your business account is tagged as a cafe youll show up.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

CarForumPoster posted:

Yeah I think the biggest obstacle to success for this venture is... getting a catchy name.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

DarkHorse posted:

Donut Hole in the Wall

I would go crazy for a place called this.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

AAA All Arabica Coffee & Donuts

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
Ational onut hous

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Sweet pea is what we call the babies when we haven’t settled on a name

I mean, given that you also haven’t settled on any type of business plan whatsoever this does then work for the donut shop.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

cinnamon rollout posted:

If I went into a donut place called the sweet pea and the theme was on point inside I would like it, I would tell people about it too, probably. Like gardeny or something

Hell yeah I’ll have a tool library and host garden seminars and hire out my tractor for tillage by the foot

I’ll sell my birdhouse gourds and poo poo in there too

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
This sounds like a great concept for somewhere people will love to dine, please keep adding ideas

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The AI krew really want a coop garage so you can tack that on the back, too.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP have you tried getting a sandwich board that says “Donuts 4 Sail” and then selling them out of the pickup bed yet? Make some money, bootstrap your business up all the way to the top. Surely you could get one of those big gas station style coffee dispensers too, and sell that too!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
dude pulls up trailering a busted Laser demanding to know how many donuts you'll give him for it

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tnuctip posted:

OP have you tried getting a sandwich board that says “Donuts 4 Sail” and then selling them out of the pickup bed yet? Make some money, bootstrap your business up all the way to the top. Surely you could get one of those big gas station style coffee dispensers too, and sell that too!

You've made this suggestion/joke a bakers dozen times now, it's getting stale.

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Has "The Hole Nut" been suggested?

"The Nut Hole"?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Dee's 'Nuts

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Billy Bob's Donut House or Cletus' Donut Hole. Swap for whatever the gently caress your name is.

You are going to use your avatar as the logo, right? I'm sure the kind goon that made it will give permission.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

*Formerly Chuck's

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sweet Pea's Donuts and Coffee (P's 'Nuts for short)

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Don't 'Nuts

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Epitope posted:

Sweet Pea's Donuts and Coffee (P's 'Nuts for short)

:hmmyes:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can you call it Dunking Doughnuts?

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
Dick’s Donut Brews

Joe, Dough, and Beyond

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You're in ruralish Ohio, or at least on the far outskirts of one of the cities?

How about surfing that red wave with Let's Dough Brandon

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Those people give me the willies

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Rationale posted:

Those people give me the willies

Willie's Roadside Holes

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
Given the state of the building, I'm thinking something slightly creepy and Halloween themed? The Munsters, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, etc.

Spooky Donuts (with all the O's as donuts)
Little Shop of Donuts
Monster Donut Shack

Somebody better at this than I am help me. I'm dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Donut the 13th
Evil Donut
Texas Donut Massacre
The Frostening
PsychO, where the O is a painting of a donut
S'Cream (filled donuts)
The Silence of the Carbs
Pastrygeist
Night of the Living Donuts
Rosemary's Baby Donut
The Oven (it's a play on The Omen, best I could do, yes I know donuts are fried, shut up)
Donutrasier
Donut from the Black Lagoon