Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Didn't the original design sheet show that one of the modes was a 3-round burst with 2 clips per full load, and the other was a 2-round burst with 3 clips per full load? Sure it doesn't make much sense, but we also have literal rocket tanks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:allears:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Has anyone here gotten the Obj 283 from the Rip-Off-O-Terminal?

Evidently there's a thought/theory that if you get a rental, you're locked out of getting the tank permanently, too: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/663460-you-wont-be-able-to-get-permanent-object-283-if-you-got-rentalonly-a-theory/

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Got the thing. Now to never use it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Has anyone here gotten the Obj 283 from the Rip-Off-O-Terminal?

I've received the rental yeah.

And on Reddit there were several people who said they had gotten the rental first, and then the perma-tank without selling the rental, so this doesn't seem to be at least 100% accurate.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Got the thing. Now to never use it.

That is the rental though.. need to rol some more for the permanent.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I played for the first time in like 6 months, although I hardly played any battles at all since last year. It still feels the same, although I'm slightly more clueless than I used to be. (I haven't taken an intentional break from the game, I just don't have time to play everything I want to.) The one thing that I'd forgotten about was the terrible Flash interface this game still inexplicably uses: it takes almost as long to load the garage after a battle than it does to play the battle! :doh:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The T9 French heavy tank is a blast. T10 unlocked, and I'm definitely going to keep the T9.

Is the T10 a big enough jump to warrant buying it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Used to be no, stay with the T9, but I think they gave the T10 some buffs?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Atomizer posted:

I played for the first time in like 6 months, although I hardly played any battles at all since last year. It still feels the same, although I'm slightly more clueless than I used to be. (I haven't taken an intentional break from the game, I just don't have time to play everything I want to.) The one thing that I'd forgotten about was the terrible Flash interface this game still inexplicably uses: it takes almost as long to load the garage after a battle than it does to play the battle! :doh:

i have the game on a pci-e ssd with 64gb of memory and it still takes like 45 seconds to actually load it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The after battle screen loads pretty quickly for me, but there's still a noticeable freeze for like 5-10 seconds when it pops up.

For me the bad one is the initial game loading, which appears to get worse the more tanks you have in your garage. It takes me at least a full minute to load the game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Since they don't make it overly obvious, just a reminder that when you accrue 2000 minerals of any type, you can turn them into gift tokens. If you're dutiful in collecting 550 resources per day (400 from your own village*, 100 from friends' villages, and 50 random from the dog), you can get four "free" coins every four days without even playing the game.

* remember that you can harvest resources a second time 55 minutes after your first harvest.

Also, for those who haven't seen it, when you get either of the Obj. 283 rewards, the coin bounces over/past the chimney instead of falling down inside of it. I got the rental earlier. :saddowns:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

i have the game on a pci-e ssd with 64gb of memory and it still takes like 45 seconds to actually load it

McGavin posted:

The after battle screen loads pretty quickly for me, but there's still a noticeable freeze for like 5-10 seconds when it pops up.

For me the bad one is the initial game loading, which appears to get worse the more tanks you have in your garage. It takes me at least a full minute to load the game.

Yeah, the slow loading isn't necessarily our systems (although that can be a contributing factor,) it's the server. Recall how when you're in the garage and then a battle in-progress ends, the client locks up? Yeah, that's on WG's end. Apparently the client is highly reliant on synchronizing details with the server, which makes sense, but it's likely being done in the most inefficient way possible (like holding up all user interaction until everything is loaded.)

It might also be dependent on how much stuff you own, so those of us who've been playing a decade have to wait measurably longer every time our client has to load, but it's hard to test this out unless you create a fresh account and do some comparisons.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Skill's been trying to 3rd mark the Somua. He was at 98,5% when he started the stream today eight hours ago. He's at 97,5% now. What a sisyphean hell he's trapped himself in, but then again he's also farming credits with the holiday bonuses etc so maybe it's not as bad as all that.

E: trying to 100% tanks is just its own special hell considering so many games are 15-1 steamrolls these days and good luck trying to get meaningful amounts of damage done in those.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 6, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Premium tanks don't get the holiday bonuses.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
They do get the credit bonus

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wargaming's UI team strikes again!

If you hover over the +50% part of the credit bonus the tooltip says that it's not active. You have to hover over the coin icon for it to display properly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Wargaming's UI team strikes again!

If you hover over the +50% part of the credit bonus the tooltip says that it's not active. You have to hover over the coin icon for it to display properly.

Yeah I was unsure of that for a while myself, but then I realized it's listed in the post game credit / xp breakdown.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I haven't played this game in years, have there been any positive changes recently? Crew 2.0?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Tagichatn posted:

I haven't played this game in years, have there been any positive changes recently? Crew 2.0?

nothing so major that if you didn't like it years ago that you'll be enamored with it now but there's been a handful of nice QoL stuff like your commander just automatically has sixth sense now

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It only took over a decade.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
So how does this mark of excellence stuff work? 3 days ago I started O-Ni and my mod said it needed 750 (lol) for 100% performance, and now it says it needs 1600. Is this just mod being quirky or does the value fluctuate that wildly?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Probably because it went from nobody playing it because it sucks rear end to a ton of people playing it because of top of the tree

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Don't grind the Jap heavies. Any gold shell will pen them right through the turret front (10x easier then even Germans), and uhh credits are not really an issue atm.
Type 5 is not even 300mm thick, many tier 8 mediums can do that now.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 9, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The KV-1SA is absolutely bonkers.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

The KV-1SA is absolutely bonkers.

Too bad T5's been a poo poo show for a good long time. It used to be one of the best places to grind credits and train crews in the game, but now there have been so many decent T5-T6 premiums injected into that range that it's perma-hosed.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i hate playing any tier where encountering a leafblower is a possibility

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The M10 RBFM is so oppressive, too.
Any match with tier V involvement, there's 2-3 of those fucks sitting in a bush somewhere being even more annoying than the old T67.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

Don't grind the Jap heavies. Any gold shell will pen them right through the turret front (10x easier then even Germans), and uhh credits are not really an issue atm.
Type 5 is not even 300mm thick, many tier 8 mediums can do that now.

Yeah, they really are a relic of a bygone era. There was a brief period of time where they had decent armour and the high caliber derp guns could do some hilarious work, but that time is now like 5 years in the past. They've been lapped so many times they're just XP piñatas.

sauer kraut posted:

The M10 RBFM is so oppressive, too.
Any match with tier V involvement, there's 2-3 of those fucks sitting in a bush somewhere being even more annoying than the old T67.

Leafblowers, M10 RBFMs, T67s, Panzer V/IVs and now the double barrel TD, Pz.Kpfw. I(r), KV-1SA... T5 is a serious "good luck, motherfucker" spot for tech tree tanks.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 9, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Leafblowers, M10 RBFMs, T67s, Panzer V/IVs and now the double barrel TD, Pz.Kpfw. I(r), KV-1SA... T5 is a serious "good luck, motherfucker" spot for tech tree tanks.
Then of course there's the ancient Churchill III which still turns anything it sees into a seive with no real effort.

:getin:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

T5 and 6 used to be my favorite tiers bc it was around the time that tanks started to feel like their designation. Tbh the whole game is premium city now.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The leaf blower is pure and absolute cancer to that tier. I hate that thing so much.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sometimes when i'm in a bad mood, i will take out the t5 leopard light and send all those premiums straight to hell. that thing is still so good at equal tier

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I managed to get the Object 283.

If/when you get it, your rental disappears. I have no idea if that deletes anything you put on/in it, the rental just "poofs."

Excellent holiday event. I was able to get everything (minus Milla) without actually playing a single battle, and the only thing that remains is the camo for collecting resources from friends' villages. :v:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 9, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It sure is fun that the christmas event has dragged all the turbo mutants back to the game.

Most of my games are like this, and it's just pure luck if you end up on the team where half the players die with 0 damage or not.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It sure is fun that the christmas event has dragged all the turbo mutants back to the game.

Most of my games are like this, and it's just pure luck if you end up on the team where half the players die with 0 damage or not.

Loving the endless +2 with 4/5/6 setups at the moment. It's not utterly demoralising at all!

-goes back to garage-

Edit:
Weekend teams full of worthless loving oxygen thieves. For an event centred around the "time of giving", all this loving game gives me is a loving aneurysm.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 10, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The only thing that made last year bearable was being able to use my PzB2 to complete most of the challenges, but that loving A25 HH tank makes that a non-starter this year.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 11, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only thing that made last year bearable was being able to use my PzB2 to complete most of the challenges, but that loving A25 HH tank makes that a non-starter this year.

Yeah who the hell figured giving a T4 120mm of AP pen was a good idea?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Am I the only goon left playing World of Tank: Blitz on the Nintendo Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah who the hell figured giving a T4 120mm of AP pen was a good idea?

Someone who wants to discourage semi-easy holiday coin grinding.