Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BabyRyoga posted:

What nonsensical surprises will big daddy Blizzard drop on us? Rein swing damage doubled? Mei ult now freezes everyone OUTSIDE the radius rather than inside? Soldier clip size reduced by 3? Make your predictions!
They're going to overtune supports in a way that doesn't make them fun to play but does accidentally lead to a synergy that buffs the gently caress out of a DPS or Tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Let's be serious here for a moment. The game has two large, humongous problems that seriously need to be addressed as soon as possible.

There are still some tanks left that have abilities that can protect other players, and there are still dps' left that cannot insta-kill supports yet.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I think it's about time skins start adding stats especially as we can't get them for free anymore.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Serious suggestion, they should buff Junker Queen's life steal. Having a Junker Queen in your face should be Extremely Bad News for everyone involved, instead of the minor irritation it is now.

Also, make Doomfist block ability block EVERYTHING. Beams, sleep darts, rocks, spears, just fuckin everything.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Serious suggestion, they should buff Junker Queen's life steal. Having a Junker Queen in your face should be Extremely Bad News for everyone involved, instead of the minor irritation it is now.

Also, make Doomfist block ability block EVERYTHING. Beams, sleep darts, rocks, spears, just fuckin everything.

They need to buff JQ in a few ways but they also need to make her eat a goddamn burger. Hitbox is way too small for a tank

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

They need to buff JQ in a few ways but they also need to make her eat a goddamn burger. Hitbox is way too small for a tank

It's ridiculous that JQ and Ashe have exactly the same silhouette.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

She's not actually all that tanky, though. I guess she's like Zen, but Tank-DPS instead of Heal-DPS.

The silhouette situation for the new characters is inexcusable, though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I like Junker Queen quite a bit and I think I'm okay with her but yeah, compared to other tanks she's severely lacking. The only one who has it worse is Doomfist. With great heals you can do something but give any tank good heals and they can do that same something but much, much better. But yes, I agree with you guys that they really hosed up her profile for the role she supposedly plays - it flies in the face of good design. I like me tall, buff ladies as much as the next person but you have to design around the roles they are inhabiting first then focus on your fetish a distant second.

They won't be changing her profile so I think that severely limits what they can do with the character so long as she remains as a tank. If they buff her abilities then she'd get too powerful because she's much harder to hit than other tanks but if they don't then she's just a weak pick for the role. She's probably better suited to be moved to DPS and have some of her abilities retooled.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
next season: revert Mercy ult to the resurrect ult, but it brings everyone back on the map for both teams with all cooldowns up & 100% ult charge

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Blizz basically killed off tank and then their first new tank was an off tank

Thankfully they’re fixing this by giving us an ur-tank next

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1599840019690229760?t=5LtwUkJZOdb7gaOkqlbaTw&s=19

quote:

After reviewing data for Season 1, we're moving Ramattra into Tier 45 of the Battle Pass and making a few more weekly challenges easier to complete,"

Thanks, Aaron! It's still too loving much and I hope whoever's responsible can get that concept through their thick skull sometime before the game joins Battleborn and Destiny 2 Y1 content in Lost Media Purgatory.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Chances are the people who came up with the monetization scheme and drip-feed premium currency amount won't be there post-merge (if it happens). If they are or the merge doesn't happen they won't be affected by the game collapsing in the slightest.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Where did all my ow money go from last game? I feel like I had a hundred unopened loot boxes and should have a lot more cash now.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Streamers have got a hold of Rammatra early, and it sounds like he's not all that OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPO2JY_EIyQ

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/SamitoFPS/status/1599849773166915584

doomfist meta???

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I get Sombra's hack and what it does with disabling your abilities, but I think it's really goddamn stupid that if she hacks Rein mid-charge, his charge just...stops dead. That was one salty death.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Having played DF at launch, that's not really possible.

RIP 6 DF meta, the funnest and funniest the game ever was

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

The "playing support is even more miserable somehow" just hit my second lobe, and LMAO if true.

Just delete healing abilities and replace it with more offense Blizz, you know you want to. :devil:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Yeah I was excited for Ramattra until I learned that I either have to play for dozens of hours or pay money to unlock him. This poo poo sucks rear end.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Father Wendigo posted:

The "playing support is even more miserable somehow" just hit my second lobe, and LMAO if true.

Do I play OW2, or do I uninstall OW2 at this point... :negative:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Andrigaar posted:

Do I play OW2, or do I uninstall OW2 at this point... :negative:

It sounds like you already solved the puzzle box and are currently suspended by dozens of barbed chains, you might as well see what sights these Cenobite folks have to show you.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This has just made me more certain that I'm not going to buy the battlepass. I don't play that much tank anyway, I don't need the Junker Queen mythic skin. Gonna save my coins for the Support hero, or an Ana mythic.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I had just enough Funbux to get Punker Queen I'll never need another skin for her

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How do you get coins tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How do you get coins tho.

You get 5 cents a week if you do every weekly.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, the currency earn rate is the most pathetic I can conceive of. It's honestly insulting. That said.

Pattonesque posted:

doomfist meta???

:getin:

Well, for wanting to play Doom. Will probably make my Widow unplayable for the short term. >Sigh<

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The question on everyone's mind is, Sym. Is she playable yet?

:checks notes:

- Sym Turrets will now play "All I Want for Christmas is You" instead of buzzing while they are active.

gently caress, the amount of people shooting turrets just doubled, Sym's winrate has plummeted

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Omnikin posted:

next season: revert Mercy ult to the resurrect ult, but it brings everyone back on the map for both teams with all cooldowns up & 100% ult charge

Make it proc total mayham rules for 10 seconds for everyone on the battlefield instead of the cooldowns thing imo

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

- Sym Turrets will now play "All I Want for Christmas is You" instead of buzzing while they are active.

gently caress, the amount of people shooting turrets just doubled, Sym's winrate has plummeted

The psychological warfare they provide keeps giving long after the game is over, tho. Do they prosecute war crimes done in video games?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
drat, Sym is a basic bitch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

BabyRyoga posted:

Is this real

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

Is this real

Mariah would sue Blizzard into the ground

lmao this is good

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/Thee_Hawk/status/1599889430801567745

New Doom gets empowered Rocket Punch when he ults

https://twitter.com/GetQuakedOn/status/1599843281021476864

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 6, 2022

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I refuse to believe Ramattra isn’t op af

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
a big thing is that his ultimate is blocked completely by shields. So a monkey can bubble him, people can hide behind Rein or Sig shield and wait for the ult to expire

I think Roadhog is also gonna wreck him. But the other thing is that he can transition pretty well between ranged and brawl so maybe he can abuse positioning?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
5 silly points away from my first golden weapon!!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Golden Wujing Rein axe... it's beautiful

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Pattonesque posted:

a big thing is that his ultimate is blocked completely by shields. So a monkey can bubble him, people can hide behind Rein or Sig shield and wait for the ult to expire

I think Roadhog is also gonna wreck him. But the other thing is that he can transition pretty well between ranged and brawl so maybe he can abuse positioning?

The thing about that though is while his ult is blocked, his punches aren't, and they still damage the shields. Couple that with his slow and people won't be able to run away as fast if they don't have a movement ability like sojourn.

Rammatras viability is going to come down to team composition. Do slows stack? If so, I think Ram, Sojourn, Mei, Mercy, Lucio/Ana would be a nasty team. Especially when Rammatra ults.

I love that there's more control based characters instead of just adding more DPS. I think people are going to get into some crazy shenanigans with Rammatra combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Real loving tired of Mei gently caress her so much