Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Hotline Miami is just better cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

AlphaKeny1 posted:

synthwave is a 2010s thing to feel like the 80s, i feel like itd be out of place since cp77 is 80s but set in 2077.

i do appreciate that they have a black metal station though

Sure, seeing as the game is sat at a much later date than the original pen and paper game the synthwave would be outdated. It would still fit. Just make a dadrock station playing the oldies.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hotline Miami is just better cyberpunk

this is true

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Borderlands is also terrible

goddamn can we talk about a good video game for ONCE in this thread?

something like

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

something like

ADOM

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
10/10 goat

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Let’s talk about Galaga. Did you know that you can turn your ship into two ships?!

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

something like

Sonic Frontiers came out and got like zero discussion here. Idk at all man

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ok. who is your favorite waifu in huniepop

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Ikaruga was too easy

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Doctor J Off posted:

that's because it sucks

unless you're only comparing it to other sonic games, then it's a miracle

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i remember the inventory management in adom being a giant pain in the rear end since if you were gonna fight a lightning dragon or w/e and didn't want literally all your valuables to be destroyed you had to find somewhere to stash all your poo poo by digging a hole in a wall or something and then painstakingly go through your inventory dropping everything that could be damaged by lightning

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Here's an unpopular gaming opinion. Super Smash Bros. blows major chunks as a competitive fighting game, and that combined with all the nutcase pedos in the community lead me to asses that the smash tourney scene deserves to crash and burn and Nintendo is right to gut it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i want to talk about a bad video game. i can't figure out these new Path of Exile changes. can someone tell me if Hexblast was buffed or was it nerfed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i remember the inventory management in adom being a giant pain in the rear end since if you were gonna fight a lightning dragon or w/e and didn't want literally all your valuables to be destroyed you had to find somewhere to stash all your poo poo by digging a hole in a wall or something and then painstakingly go through your inventory dropping everything that could be damaged by lightning

:yeshaha:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

only the most evil of bastard DM ever cracks out the Item Saving Throw table. "how many potions were you carrying in your backpack full of spellbooks? oh dear...."

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

emSparkly posted:

Here's an unpopular gaming opinion. Super Smash Bros. blows major chunks as a competitive fighting game, and that combined with all the nutcase pedos in the community lead me to asses that the smash tourney scene deserves to crash and burn and Nintendo is right to gut it.

:yeah:

also it's bad as a non competitive fighting game too. power stone was better

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gently caress you i needed those wands

i went and checked and apparently i last played in 2017 which is... more recent than i thought? but also now that i think about it 2017 is not actually very recent
i only won once with a dwarf mindcrafter

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

that's because it sucks

unless you're only comparing it to other sonic games, then it's a miracle

I'll grant that the open world stuff has too much filler, but the actual sonic levels are a total blast to play

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rutibex posted:

i want to talk about a bad video game. i can't figure out these new Path of Exile changes. can someone tell me if Hexblast was buffed or was it nerfed

Do they ever buff anything in that game? All I hear about is nerfs.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The best thing about cyberpunk was it showing how much gamers love marketing, hype and advertising.

Yeah although it got beaten at that by Star Citizen

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Star Citizen Kane

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

itry posted:

some times they accidentally buff things becasue they dont test their changes

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

itry posted:

yeah they buff stuff a lot
for example they accidentally buffed summon builds for necromancer way too much when they reworked the ascendancy class so you could do super endgame stuff running around wearing a pile of random garbage
so in response, one patch later they nerfed it all into the ground and made necromancer awful and unplayable

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

gently caress you i needed those wands

i went and checked and apparently i last played in 2017 which is... more recent than i thought? but also now that i think about it 2017 is not actually very recent
i only won once with a dwarf mindcrafter

High Elven healer.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
high elves are the ones that aren't allowed to touch iron or they die right? hosed up imo
does that include iron rations

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The new ADOM is on switch, which, okay

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The best healer-based digital entertainment experience is Mini Healer

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rutibex posted:

some times they accidentally buff things becasue they dont test their changes

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yeah they buff stuff a lot
for example they accidentally buffed summon builds for necromancer way too much when they reworked the ascendancy class so you could do super endgame stuff running around wearing a pile of random garbage
so in response, one patch later they nerfed it all into the ground and made necromancer awful and unplayable

Guess that's why the hardcore players keep coming back. For those interesting surprises in an otherwise consistently crushing masochist experience.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

high elves are the ones that aren't allowed to touch iron or they die right? hosed up imo

No I think that's slugs.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hell yeah

galagazombie posted:

Let’s talk about Galaga. Did you know that you can turn your ship into two ships?!

good game, good game

Doctor J Off posted:

:chloe:

Fur20 posted:

ok. who is your favorite waifu in huniepop

Audrey

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm constantly trying to find the most unused skill in Path of Exile to avoid nerfs and even then I can't escape it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
just play one of the new skills added that patch every time imo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like using unused skills and new gems never fall into that category. poo poo that no one uses means gear for them will be cheaper and in less demand.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

jokes posted:

The best healer-based digital entertainment experience is Mini Healer

My dude, try this and be healed of that bad opinion.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/407900/Princess_Remedy_in_a_World_of_Hurt/

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

galagazombie posted:

One trick aliens don't want you to know about!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Grey elfs are the "I can't touch lovely weapons" guys. They make up for it by starting with like 1 hp.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The absolute most ADOM experience is starting a game and rolling up a grey elf necromancer (they get to use cool golems) and because it's monday you die instantly from exhaustion when the game starts.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Oh, or when you're getting chased by some out-of-depth monster and you're just trying everything in your inventory and use that unidentified wand and OOPS it's a wand of ball lighning that doesn't let you control directions so it bounces of the corridor hitting you like ten times and killing you're level 25, almost about to beat the game, characther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OH, or when you accidentally hit the wrong button and drink a potion of blindness and boom, you're blind, pretty much permanently unless you can somehow find and altar and sac enough poo poo to pray to get your eyes fixed but because of the piety system you'll prbably end up getting lightning bolted by your god and then probably another god too.