Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

facialimpediment posted:

JSN has been hurt for the entire year but uh

https://twitter.com/_Pat_Murphy/status/1599847547526434816?t=dZZU5FDnSPkpChyOK1-35Q&s=19

Sitting out a National Championship Semifinal is a definite choice! And by sitting out against Georgia, he might make more money in the NFL!

There are three options here:

1. The OSU training staff is so loving bad at this that they can’t get a hamstring injury rehabbed within 4 months (most likely).

2. Dude just quit now on a team that is potentially two games from a title. (Least likely)

3. Dude at one point wanted to come back but quit weeks ago and gave up on showing up for practice/class/whatever because he’s been so limited for so long. (Mid likelihood)

It’s probably 1–OSU’s S&C program has been behind the times for a few years now, particularly on soft tissue issues and intensity exposure, just look at our corner and running back health the last few years. If it’s 2, just can everyone and be done with it—you can’t come back from a roster that doesn’t care. If it’s 3, Godspeed, I get being discouraged by how S&C has gone, but you had to know that the team still had a title shot this whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Adios, amigo. Florida's O-line and run game are there to make the QB look good, but AR just doesn't have it.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

TheGreyGhost posted:

There are three options here:

1. The OSU training staff is so loving bad at this that they can’t get a hamstring injury rehabbed within 4 months (most likely).
It's this.

From the statement on JSN's personal Twitter:
"After consulting with my doctors, it has been determined that I will not be able to participate in the playoffs."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Adios, amigo. Florida's O-line and run game are there to make the QB look good, but AR just doesn't have it.

Torrance declared so I think we will see a step back on the OL but our backs are solid and would like to see more of a pocket passer in that scheme.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1599827803536470018

Godspeed my friend. Uh...to a team that isn't mine, but I wish you well.

Hey if it works it'll probably really work. No spoilers needed.

Give me Sam Hartman, who still has one year of eligibility left without much in the way of NFL prospects

Georgia and Tennessee got to have 24-25 year olds playing college QB this year, Florida deserves to have one too

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

SpiritualDeath posted:

It's this.

From the statement on JSN's personal Twitter:
"After consulting with my doctors, it has been determined that I will not be able to participate in the playoffs."

Yeah, Cam Brown’s history there and what happened with Treveyon, Kourt, Steele, and Banks in recent memory with hamstring/quad injuries speaks to the idea that a lot of the reports around them failing to de-sensitive to intensity and rushing guys back with volume are real. A huge chunk of the depth problem at DB goes from both recruiting misses and just an inability to keep 3 corners heathy.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I don't understand how a major university with, probably, an entire department of sports medicine can be any further behind any other major university with the same medical resources.

Then again I saw a photo of UVA basketball player Kihei Clark with a packet of mustard in his hand and maybe university sports medicine/nutrition people really are behind other sports leagues or disciplines.

Mustard packets are good in a jam, but they're more of an anti-cramp superstition than other products that scientifically work.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
With the advent of the 12-team playoff, a lot of Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games may need to be moved to earlier in the season or else we're going to see a lot of cases where they're sapped of any stakes, much like this year's championship week was.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Komet posted:

I don't understand how a major university with, probably, an entire department of sports medicine can be any further behind any other major university with the same medical resources.

Then again I saw a photo of UVA basketball player Kihei Clark with a packet of mustard in his hand and maybe university sports medicine/nutrition people really are behind other sports leagues or disciplines.

Mustard packets are good in a jam, but they're more of an anti-cramp superstition than other products that scientifically work.

Idiots should just use pickle juice.

Also there was a poster who mentioned how bad the turf is at the shoe and I guess that it is a known thing so maybe it shouldn’t be surprising if these teams are weirdly incompetent at certain things. Like basically every coach ever at clock management.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1599827803536470018

Godspeed my friend. Uh...to a team that isn't mine, but I wish you well.

Hey if it works it'll probably really work. No spoilers needed.

comedy option, sean payton gets hired as HC on a new team and drafts Richardson to be his new Taysom Hill

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'd just like to point out Minnesota has accepted invitation to the BAD BOY MOWERS PINSTRIPE BOWL

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Stetson Bennett Toyota - promo code HEISMAN for $1000 in bonus cash!

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1599913741898113024?t=n9krfpBbrE00Pe5UeBQpxQ&s=19

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

General Dog posted:

With the advent of the 12-team playoff, a lot of Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games may need to be moved to earlier in the season or else we're going to see a lot of cases where they're sapped of any stakes, much like this year's championship week was.

I don't think this is true. Games will matter for seeding and champ game access still. Plus lots won't matter for playoffs at all. Which isn't a change at all.

Look at the NFL. It's super rare for a late season game to h be meaningless and thus they don't play starters. Sure it happens occasionally, but saying it'll be a lot of cases? I don't see it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

These are all good players and all but this is definitely a down heisman year.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Rivalry games have inherent stakes, that's what makes them rivalry games, this will be ok

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

These are all good players and all but this is definitely a down heisman year.

if Corum hadn’t gotten injured I’d be pulling hard for him but it’s hard to count him when he’s missing the most important games of the season now :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There’s never gonna be another non-QB to win again is there

I’m bummed Hooker didn’t at least get an invite. I understand he was injured and all that but still sucks

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 6, 2022

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Boring group but I hope Duggan gets it after that Big12 CG. Harrison Jr is the best though.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The disrespect has been noted.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

There’s never gonna be another non-QB to win again is there

I’m bummed Hooker didn’t at least get an invite. I understand he was injured and all that but still sucks

A non-QB won two years ago.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

facialimpediment posted:

Stetson Bennett Toyota

GMC, based on what I know about his relatives (he's like my wife's third cousin or something).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

A non-QB won two years ago.

Correct

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

So did something change to make you think a non-QB will never win again?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

So did something change to make you think a non-QB will never win again?

In 20 years there’s been 3 non-QBs and this is probably the weakest heisman class in years and it’s 4 QBs.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Komet posted:

They choose to use free labor, grad students, over paying working doctors and therapists

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

In 20 years there’s been 3 non-QBs and this is probably the weakest heisman class in years and it’s 4 QBs.

Fair point, but seems a little dramatic to say "never." I wonder if anyone in the early '80s thought a non-RB would ever win again?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was hyperbolic, you don’t need to overthink it.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

e: never mind

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

They choose to use free labor, grad students, over paying working doctors and therapists

You're probably right. I raised this observation in the summer when I asked whether what we see in the Gatorade containers is really regular Gatorade or something more effective.

Have you ever seen a football player eat any kind of food on the sideline? These guys are burning probably several thousand calories per game, but I never see them eat.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Komet posted:

You're probably right. I raised this observation in the summer when I asked whether what we see in the Gatorade containers is really regular Gatorade or something more effective.

Have you ever seen a football player eat any kind of food on the sideline? These guys are burning probably several thousand calories per game, but I never see them eat.

There was that one NFL dude with nuts or sunflower seeds or something on the sideline on game.

Also I would probably not wanna eat while I was in the middle of a few hours of potentially strenuous physical activity. Maybe one of those packets of nutrient gel marathoners use, but not like, actual food.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Komet posted:

At pregame and at halftime most teams have a table set up by their staff/nutrionist full of different foods and drinks for the players. Nuts, bagged grapes, energy bars, fruit snacks, usually all kinds of stuff. Uncrustables are pretty common and one team had a big box full of them. For drinks nearly ever team I've seen actually has bottles of gatorade, although one team had a whole ton of fancy bubble tea type drinks they had delivered. One team had those large insulated drink thermos things full of hot chocolate and broth. Another team actually had some small containers full of pickle juice shots. Every team has a large spread of meals that are ready and waiting for the players, coaches, and staff as soon as they came off of the field. Dozens of boxes/bags of stuff like Chik-fil-a, Raising Canes, Chinese food, or whatever.

e: Oh and one team also had cases of beer..... which when questioned the 18 year old staff member said 'oh these aren't for me, these are for the coaches'. That was a new one....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Mark Sanchez ate a hot dog.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Dozens of boxes/bags of stuff like Chik-fil-a, Raising Canes, Chinese food, or whatever.

Don't forget Papa John's, unless that's just for Urbz and not the players

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

There's a pretty good video that may have been lost to time where Northwestern (?) pulled off an upset of some sort and legit sounded more excited about the Chick Fil A spread than the win.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sash! posted:

GMC, based on what I know about his relatives (he's like my wife's third cousin or something).

I'm just parroting shutdown fullcast lore. Stetson Bennett canonically will have a Kia dealership, but he's also loving born to Toyotathon.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Komet posted:

they eat before and after the game

do you think they just run out of battery if they do too much in game or something

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

I'm just parroting shutdown fullcast lore. Stetson Bennett canonically will have a Kia dealership, but he's also loving born to Toyotathon.

It'll either be Stetson Bennett Ford or Stetson Bennett Dodge in Waycross. If he's lucky, he'll have a second dealership in Hazlehurst.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Y’all are all wrong.

He’ll definitely be running a Sunbelt Equipment rental company.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Bennett’s Ditch Witch of Pooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
OK I don't get this one

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1599595680120852480