Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

Mac Jones before the league figured him out ect.

lol

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

You don't know poo poo about football mcmagic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Also PFF just HATES Sauce.
He's literally their #1 CB in both overall and coverage grades.

This game's grade is hilarious because he gave up 17 yards (and a holding penalty tbf) and it's somehow his worst game of the year.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Also PFF just HATES Sauce.

Isn’t Sauce PFF’s #1 overall CB?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I didn't realize he was their no 1 CB lol. I remember a lot of sauce/PFF beef on twitter

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mac Jones' year last year was fluky af

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jones sucks sorry y’all mcmagic right

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
2021 Mac Jones = LA Rams Goff (pre SB)

just mediocre rear end QBs being covered for by clever playcalling and once their weaknesses are known they suddenly look much more pedestrian

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Bradley Chubb had a 32.2 grade. Really hoping he's just taking time to adjust.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Did you just say Josh McDaniels is a "slightly better OC" than Matt Patricia

Mcmagic please

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Weird. Wonder what's changed the past 2 weeks.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1599841039711457280

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I guess I can see the case for the Dolphins “looking worse” if we’re talking about a game and a half but I’m not seeing the Packers looking better because they beat a bad Bears team that the Jets DESTROYED the week before.

I’m gonna say pump the brakes on both those things until we have like 2 full weeks of proof.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Wilson is going to get something like 1200 yards as a rookie. Baller.

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jones sucks sorry y’all mcmagic right

Mac Jones mostly sucks, but he didn't have to be "figured out". He's getting crushed cause he's mediocre and is getting no help from his coaches or pass blockers.

Also mcmagic's suggestion that Patricia is only a minor step down from McDaniels is dumb as gently caress.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This has crossed over into kind of a weird stance to maintain?

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1599864485241462784?s=20&t=oeyjYkEBwJNiiGZ2wLa6Fw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He also said like 5 times that he's taking QB week to week.

Nov 6, 2002

The only way that makes sense is like, if they have the 7th seed locked up, or they're eliminated.

Otherwise why on Earth would you say that?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He will snap the ball and kneel down 3 times against the Jaguars

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The only way that makes sense is like, if they have the 7th seed locked up, or they're eliminated.

Otherwise why on Earth would you say that?

gOtTa KeEp 'Em HuNgRy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If the Jets go into week 18 or even 17 with nothing to play for they can run Wilson out there.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dolphins signed Eric Fisher which… ok sure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I forgot about this play which is pretty bad. Moore was WIDE open.
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1599883729929129986

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Lions and Packers look more dangerous than they did at the beginning of the year as well while New England and Miami are looking worse as the year goes on.

Lions certainly look better than their early record reflected, but while Love could certainly provide a spark for the Packers down the stretch I think it's a bit silly to view a past matchup through the lens of "they look better now". I'd also say that Dolphins are in a much better spot than they were Week 6 when they played the Vikings, even if I'm extremely concerned about the 49ers loss and the surrounding injuries.

stuker fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 5, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Weird. Wonder what's changed the past 2 weeks.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1599841039711457280

these are very funny back to back.

for the phins are the starting tackles back next week?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Starting RT was put on IR

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
This poo poo drove me crazy yesterday:

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1599533762995687425?s=20&t=ey4TDMIzOOrJ3rZscz8-TQ
https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/1599598931758919681?s=20&t=Cx6ibKIQ8K_6n8H-Rku9cg
https://twitter.com/TheVolumeSports/status/1599523564448755712
https://twitter.com/OurSf49ers/status/1599541709490515968
https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1599515868974546945

Miami sent a bunch of poo poo low % rush packages that were 3 or 4 defensive tackles, got zero pressure and got punished in what ended up being key plays during the game. It wasn't a majority of snaps, but it had to account for a big percentage of Brock Purdy's scores or first downs. It's not something they do more than a handful of times a game but it seems like Josh Boyer loving loves it in key situations, and outside of late in the Buffalo game it seems like it's failed almost every single time.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Love the cover 2 look on 3rd and goal before half so the corner is responsible for the receiver breaking to the back corner AND CMC out of the backfield.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
In fact both TD passes have our best DB standing in the back of the end zone with no one to cover as backs run free into the end zone

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1599851562846674944

This one was a lot of fun, Trent Williams gets popped by Zach Sieler off of the snap, puts him in a weird hold, and then somehow manages to get his cleat caught in Melvin Ingram's- who then subsequently gets called for tripping.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheBizzness posted:

I guess I can see the case for the Dolphins “looking worse” if we’re talking about a game and a half but I’m not seeing the Packers looking better because they beat a bad Bears team that the Jets DESTROYED the week before.

I’m gonna say pump the brakes on both those things until we have like 2 full weeks of proof.

The Dolphins have offensive line problems that don’t look like they’re going to get fixed quickly.

The Packers have averaged 27 points per game over their last 4 and that’s playing 2 really good defenses and one pretty good one. They’re getting production at WR which automatically makes them more dangerous than they were midway through the year when they had like a 6 week stretch where they struggled to break 20 points. They are still a middling team, but that’s and improvement. It was enough to beat a pretty good Cowboys team.

stuker posted:

Lions certainly look better than their early record reflected, but while Love could certainly provide a spark for the Packers down the stretch I think it's a bit silly to view a past matchup through the lens of "they look better now". I'd also say that Dolphins are in a much better spot than they were Week 6 when they played the Vikings, even if I'm extremely concerned about the 49ers loss and the surrounding injuries.

My point wasn’t that those teams were secretly good back then, it’s that Minnesotas end of season schedule looks harder now than it did a few weeks ago when both of those teams looked completely lost.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My point wasn’t that those teams were secretly good back then, it’s that Minnesotas end of season schedule looks harder now than it did a few weeks ago when both of those teams looked completely lost.

Something out there doesn't want a single one of Minnesota's games to look convincing. CAN they win all the rest of their schedule? Yes, I absolutely believe so. Do I have a single week where I'm convinced they WILL? gently caress no. Not even against the Colts. The Colts is the one that worries me the least in a rational sense, which irrationally makes me think it's going to be a nailbiter based on the rest of the season. I'm definitely glad this team is 10-2 compared to last year's miserable endeavor, but I'm STILL expecting it to collapse at any time and that really fuckin' sucks.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Redeye Flight posted:

I'm definitely glad this team is 10-2 compared to last year's miserable endeavor, but I'm STILL expecting it to collapse at any time and that really fuckin' sucks.

Our teams may not be 10-2 but I promise you there are plenty of posters here who feel the exact same way about what have been successful seasons to this point.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If "the plan" is to have Zach Wilson play again this year, why has he been inactive the last two games instead of backing up White? Saleh's statements on the QB position have arguably been nonsensical the last month or so.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He's hoping they wont need week 18 so he can start a meaningless game

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think Saleh just assumes reporters will stop asking sooner rather than later and he'll never be forced to really answer for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

I think Saleh just assumes reporters will stop asking sooner rather than later and he'll never be forced to really answer for it.

He can just say it's week to week for the rest of the season.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yes he can. Lie to the media about it for the rest of the season who gives a gently caress

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I really don’t understand caring at all what coaches say at these pressers. None of it means anything.

Saleh is going to start White until he looks worse than Zach Wilson. Which he probably won’t. But Saleh is going to keep saying that he wants Wilson to play again this year because he doesn’t want to openly admit that he’s given up on the #2 overall pick and cause a NY media firestorm during a playoff push.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That fins@bills night game is gonna kick rear end

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

t a s t e posted:

That fins@bills night game is gonna kick rear end

The Bills are nice and gave the visitors heated benches.

But it would be a shame if they malfunctioned during that game and the Dolphins were subjected to the elements with minimal ability to mitigate them. A real shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Bills are nice and gave the visitors heated benches.

But it would be a shame if they malfunctioned during that game and the Dolphins were subjected to the elements with minimal ability to mitigate them. A real shame.

I assume the Dolphins will be bringing their own heaters and suchlike