Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I am definitely grabbing that set with the otters! Glad to see they're going with "moving a million units of a tiny set" than making them rare or exclusive to a larger set.

mastershakeman posted:

My kid makes nonstop action vignettes with his police and "crooks"

They go to jail, get broke out, rob the bank, crash, fire department comes etc.

I'm sure that Lego city cartoons/Lego undercover game encourage this mindset but he loves it

Love it! The one thing I will say about Police sets in Lego is that basically, you enforce your own sense of justice during play, and it's not as if Lego is without its sympathetic criminals- the Pirates always did seem to have a livelier time than the Imperial Guard, for example. I would like to see the return of Space Police in lieu of regular Police though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

New to the thread. Have recently gotten back into LEGO having not gotten a set since I was maybe 9 years old (I'm 35 for context so I'm becoming tremendously old), but the Botanical Collection really captured my attention recently so I snapped up the Succulents set and am probably gonna start building it over the Christmas break. I'm also 80% sure my goonhusband has bought me the Bonsai Tree set as a Christmas gift :ssh:

The botanical stuff is what got us back into it, I couldn't believe how creative part usage and color could go so far. Enjoy!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I know they said they were going to increase some prices and star wars has always had a premium but yikes I've never seen it this bad (Meijer). That kids set is just criminal at $35.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

ChesterJT posted:

I know they said they were going to increase some prices and star wars has always had a premium but yikes I've never seen it this bad (Meijer). That kids set is just criminal at $35.

There have been a few ridiculously overpriced 4+ sets in the last year, even before the price increase, the most offensive is probably 71759.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

$35 USD for 87 pieces? What the hell? That should be a $12.99 set, $15 tops.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lego's trying to get the kids used to high prices at an early age

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

New to the thread. Have recently gotten back into LEGO having not gotten a set since I was maybe 9 years old (I'm 35 for context so I'm becoming tremendously old), but the Botanical Collection really captured my attention recently so I snapped up the Succulents set and am probably gonna start building it over the Christmas break. I'm also 80% sure my goonhusband has bought me the Bonsai Tree set as a Christmas gift :ssh:

The botanical sets absolutely own imo and are some of the sets that look better in person than on photos. As much as I often laugh about the lifestyle photos in the Lego press releases/shop page, I have actually all of them lingering around my house at various points where normally no Lego is allowed, and they all look really nice. The orchid and the flower bouquet are also super nice looking, especially the orchid. I think the only set I find a bit boring is the Birds of paradise.

The bonsai set is also a perfect example for the traditional, ideal bonsai if you get into bonsais. It's like reading Naka's book 1 with a big pile of Lego in front of you, just building exactly the bonsai they describe as the perfect outcome of shaping a traditional one.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Want some ABS, kid? First hit costs double

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Thought maybe something got misplaced or there was a mixup, but nope, that set does in fact have an MSRP/official price of 35$ USD. Insane.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
LotR BrickHeadz. Three packs of two - Frodo and Gollum, Gandalf and the Balrog, Arwen and Aragorn.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Pyroclastic posted:

$35 USD for 87 pieces? What the hell? That should be a $12.99 set, $15 tops.

That AT-ST is almost four times more expensive than the UCS Falcon (by price per brick)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Skios posted:

LotR BrickHeadz. Three packs of two - Frodo and Gollum, Gandalf and the Balrog, Arwen and Aragorn.

A flesh coloured Gollum is kinda creepy.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Balrog's tiny whip is so cute

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cooked Auto posted:

Gollum is kinda creepy.

yup

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I hope we get a Merry and Pip set

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Anyone know what that set with all the animals the kids are playing with on the Lego gift ideas page is? I want that elephant.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Koramei posted:

Anyone know what that set with all the animals the kids are playing with on the Lego gift ideas page is? I want that elephant.

Have a link to the pic? Maybe 41421 from Friends?

If you mean this one:

the elephant is from 11717

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

First of May posted:

That AT-ST is almost four times more expensive than the UCS Falcon (by price per brick)

They know that both kids and jorts bearers will pay a shitload for more star wars merch and it has three minifigs so here we are.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol at jorts bearers

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Koramei posted:

The first thing that came to mind is one of the City Wildlife Sets, but as tuo said a picture would be helpful.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Some Star Wars sets leaked:

501st Battle Pack

TIE Bomber

There's also a "Boba Fett's Starship" Microfighter but meh

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I always liked the tie bomber and it made me a sucker for garbage like the tie punisher.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's me, the guy asking for a Gonk druid minifig

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ugh chibi TIE B, as I feared

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
gonk droid battlepack when

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

gonk droid battlepack when

Sorry, a gonk druid is actually way cooler to imagine. Just chillin out in the forest making HONK HONK noises with bambi.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Infinitum posted:

It's me, the guy asking for a Gonk druid minifig

I think this is the sixth gonk variant. Need to have a struggle session over the one true gonk build

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
2023 modular announcement when?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

I think this is the sixth gonk variant. Need to have a struggle session over the one true gonk build

Gonk Mech when?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

2023 modular announcement when?

Indeed. I want to see whether there is any credence to the Pizzeria/Jazz Cafe rumours, and more generally if it is even one I’ll be interested in getting. I got the Boutique Hotel but passed on both the Bookstore and Police Station.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

UCS Gonk

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Gonk modular.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
UCS Gonk made of smaller Gonk modulars that had Gonk microfighters.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

EEKA GEEK posted:

Indeed. I want to see whether there is any credence to the Pizzeria/Jazz Cafe rumours, and more generally if it is even one I’ll be interested in getting. I got the Boutique Hotel but passed on both the Bookstore and Police Station.

The bookstore was, imo, bad. It is barely an upgrade over the pet shop. The Police Station was an awesome build for a terrible concept.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Y'all aren't thinking deep enough. A Galidor-style Gonk figurine, with airplane arm attachments too, of course.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The book store didn't have enough books and the townhouse needed another floor. I liked the architecture (especially the front of the townhouse) but they felt small for the price and price count.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Shame it's not Marvel or else we could have gotten a $500 gonk droid bust.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

There's a gigantic gonk shaped spaceship.you fly in Lego Skywalker saga, my kid went apeshit for it and you could totally ucs it

Then have gonkatine (the emperor gonk) attack it or whatever

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Definitely itching for a modular, I have a ton of VIP points to put towards it. Going to get either the hotel or wait for the new one if it's cooler than the hotel. I haven't bought one since the diner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Ugh I'd definitely want the tie bomber, but I've been able to successfully avoid buying ships at that scale and I don't know if I want to break that seal to start me down a path of having to try to find all the core ships that I'd want. (X,A,Y,B,Tie,Bomber,Interceptor,etc)