Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

xZAOx posted:

The best is still Ritual - awesome fun league, and gave us a hideout!

I'm still rocking that hideout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This guy knows what he’s talking about

https://youtu.be/a3Tpggz5Lig

It’s Jugg !!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think my next league build will be
Cleave Necromancer with Mistress of Sacrifice/Corpse Pact and Arcanist Brand Desecrate Flesh Offering.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Elentor posted:

I think my next league build will be
Cleave Necromancer with Mistress of Sacrifice/Corpse Pact and Arcanist Brand Desecrate Flesh Offering.

I mean sure, if you really want to be playing what everyone else is playing :rolleyes:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I wish I had played Synthesis for the portal effect. That one is dope

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yeah, but that would require playing Synthesis.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
good, they really cut legion of frost off at the knees with the self cast bullshit. I wanted to play pseudo -traps where a ring of statues murders you, but the 6th statue is a totem

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

DangerDongs posted:

Yeah, but that would require playing Synthesis.

The league mechanic was funky and baroque but Synthesis-era Worb was one of the most fun builds I ever played. Then they turbo-dumpstered it. And then giga-dumpstered it again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Uh, there was no portal MTX reward during Synthesis. The two supporter packs did have portals though.

Are you perhaps thinking of the Soulstealer portal? That was in a Betrayal supporter pack.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Stux posted:

odnt know wot im going to play

come up with a solid plan, make a doc with pre-planned trade searches for your big upgrades/build enabling items, practice leveling several times in the days before league launch

then last minute audible to some random poo poo you have no idea how to build 10 minutes before league launch

that's what i always end up doing

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 6, 2022

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Uh, there was no portal MTX reward during Synthesis. The two supporter packs did have portals though.

Are you perhaps thinking of the Soulstealer portal? That was in a Betrayal supporter pack.

You’re right, it was the Sunstone portal effect which looks like it was the supporter pack available during Synth

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

whypick1 posted:

As someone with that supporter pack, I regret not having done the humanely impossible for the Synthesis wings.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Herstory Begins Now posted:

come up with a solid plan, make a doc with pre-planned trade searches for your big upgrades/build enabling items, practice leveling several times in the days before league launch

then last minute audible to some random poo poo you have no idea how to build 10 minutes before league launch

that's what i always end up doing

Bilbo Baggins meme saying "after all, why shouldn't I league start as voltaxic burst?!?"

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Soulstealer was a pretty nice supporter pack, I still use it frequently.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I’m probably going with this build to start. I like totem gameplay and don’t want to stress about currency at league start.

https://youtu.be/3BMMYk0M5PI

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im probably going to go cold dot occultist. Cant remember the last time I played a caster, and I dont think I have ever gone CI, so it will be interesting.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
I wanna start deadeye LA I think, or raider or champ frostblades

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
If I'm smart I start spark inquis or spark into storm brand inquis. Both of which I've played a bunch and can do with my eyes closed. spark also blasts through the story on crappy ssf gear. The more convinced I get of this plan the more likely I will last minute decide to do something stupid tho

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Hamelekim posted:

I’m probably going with this build to start. I like totem gameplay and don’t want to stress about currency at league start.

https://youtu.be/3BMMYk0M5PI

It's a totem build, so you don't need to be super tanky, but 2.4k HP with no other layers of defense seems like a bad idea unless you are a professional projectile dodger.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's a mind over matter build with endurance charges.

that said it's still going to blow up a bunch because there's zero armor and not much evasion. once damage is really good the freeze will genuinely be a good defensive layer, but it's going to blow up early on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mentat Radnor posted:

Soulstealer was a pretty nice supporter pack, I still use it frequently.

It’s basically the only pack i have

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Eezee posted:

It's a totem build, so you don't need to be super tanky, but 2.4k HP with no other layers of defense seems like a bad idea unless you are a professional projectile dodger.

Yup. I know Archnemesis is gone, but I wouldn't underestimate the presence of things still being in the game that ruin your day. The league mechanic is also going to get quite dangerous as you go up in floors, and Chris Wilson mentioned dying to it a few times (not just having his Resolve run out). Von Vikon's builds are usually quite solid, so its odd to see him push something so squishy.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm leaning toward playing:

1) Whispering Ice Occultist (again!)
2) Some kind of poison ranger
3) Something stupid I pick on a whim
4) Another game

in about equal measure.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

docbeard posted:

I'm leaning toward playing:

4) Another game

in about equal measure.

I just hopped back into Elden Ring and beat Margit for the first time, and I'm like...yeah, this game is pretty good... Decisions decisions.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Combine 3) and 4), play Babylon's Fall

As for me, it'll either be FB Trickster or Poison SC PF

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm watching Pohx's RF Jugg preview knowing full well I'm playing chaos dot occultist. But I just need to stay informed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I don't really understand the Frost Blades hype. I want to believe, cuz its a cool skill, but did it not lose a little ST damage this patch? -30% pen for +50% damage effectiveness and 2 jewel sockets seems like a lateral move at best, and it already struggled really hard with boss damage.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

External Organs posted:

I just hopped back into Elden Ring and beat Margit for the first time, and I'm like...yeah, this game is pretty good... Decisions decisions.

Yeah, I've picked up Hades again after some months away and having a similar experience.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

the rf jugg actually looks better than i was expecting. Probably not crazy endgame viable like deli t16s and ubers but 4.5m dot tps with insane tankiness is kinda nice.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm starting to get distracted.... Should I put blight on a spell totem? It's just like Holy Flame totem but without the concecrated ground. That's worth a 4 link right..? Nah...

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm starting to get distracted.... Should I put blight on a spell totem? It's just like Holy Flame totem but without the concecrated ground. That's worth a 4 link right..? Nah...

Between two primary skill setups, auras and utility, you're kind of limited on sockets for most chaos dot builds.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
Blight totems also feel miserable in my experience because they have 0 hp without totem nodes and get one shot by literally everything, usually after applying between 0 and 1 stacks.
I much prefer the alt quality withering step to apply a bunch of stacks, and also the timeless jewel chaos passive that gives a flat % chance to apply wither.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Isn't dodge gonna be gold for the league mechanic or did they say something about you losing resolve by getting hit even though you might dodge it? I can't remember.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Missing league start by 3 full days and let me tell ya, it may ache at the time but the cheaper gear prices (for someone who reaches endgame slowly) and build reports are great.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

poemdexter posted:

Isn't dodge gonna be gold for the league mechanic or did they say something about you losing resolve by getting hit even though you might dodge it? I can't remember.

Evasion does not work with the league mechanic attacks

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

poemdexter posted:

the resolve attacks ignore all defensive mechanics iirc

Cretin90 posted:

Missing league start by 3 full days and let me tell ya, it may ache at the time but the cheaper gear prices (for someone who reaches endgame slowly) and build reports are great.

yeah this is always a nice consolation if you have to start late

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

MMF Freeway posted:

I don't really understand the Frost Blades hype. I want to believe, cuz its a cool skill, but did it not lose a little ST damage this patch? -30% pen for +50% damage effectiveness and 2 jewel sockets seems like a lateral move at best, and it already struggled really hard with boss damage.

It's probably a sidegrade for early and mid game yes, but if your character eventually goes Omniscience then it will become way better. You'll already be deep into diminishing returns in terms of penetration, so the damage effectiveness is way better by comparison.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

It's probably a sidegrade for early and mid game yes, but if your character eventually goes Omniscience then it will become way better. You'll already be deep into diminishing returns in terms of penetration, so the damage effectiveness is way better by comparison.

Also the guy I posted earlier in the thread didn’t even use the Threshold jewel to begin with, so the damage effectiveness buff is all upside for his build. Heatshiver carries hard as long as you can freeze stuff.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

euphronius posted:

Evasion does not work with the league mechanic attacks

Yea I’m interested to see how Resolve is ultimately implemented. Currently it sounds like your best defense for it will be high movement speed for manual dodging and overwhelming DPS. That sounds kinda familiar lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The threshold jewels are really helpful to get it off the ground, but as everyone's already said, they're not necessary. I ran it SSF this league with only one of those jewels because bad rng luck/seed/CHRIS! etc excuses.