Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
sojourn nerf leak:

Maximum charged damage for alt fire is about 190.

Railgun alt fire damage drop off starts at 40m.

far fewer one-shot headshots is a good start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Andrigaar posted:

Do I play OW2, or do I uninstall OW2 at this point... :negative:

There's no deathpact. Just take a break if you aren't feeling it. You can always come back when/if you feel like it.

There's snowpiles to touch and other games to play.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pattonesque posted:

sojourn nerf leak:

The right nerf would be to shrink the hitbox of the alt fire, and change her ult entirely. Giving damage drop off doesn't really accomplish much because a lot of the time you have a Soujourn that just slides her rear end in while one shotting someone at close range, then jumps in the air and one shots someone else at close/mid range before she lands.

Making the shot harder to land would go miles, but I don't know if that ult can ever be balanced. It isn't fun to play against. Also, don't let the thing charge from shields, that's a pretty obv one

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

BabyRyoga posted:

The right nerf would be to shrink the hitbox of the alt fire, and change her ult entirely. Giving damage drop off doesn't really accomplish much because a lot of the time you have a Soujourn that just slides her rear end in while one shotting someone at close range, then jumps in the air and one shots someone else at close/mid range before she lands.

Making the shot harder to land would go miles, but I don't know if that ult can ever be balanced. It isn't fun to play against. Also, don't let the thing charge from shields, that's a pretty obv one

Nerfing the size, wouldn't help that much in the GM, where she is the problem. With Gold-aim she isn't that op.

Just make it so the 100% Rail gun does 150 damage flat, no headshots. Nerfed to hell in OWL, but slightly buffed in normal ranks.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

verbal enema posted:

Real loving tired of Mei gently caress her so much

:same:

The worst part about mei for me isn't so much going up against her, it's when your Mei teammate blocks your Reinhardt charge, or a sniper shot, or a heal, or something else that's detrimental to a fight.

I've been countering her with Moira lately and it's been going pretty well. You can tell when a Mei gets really tilted, because they make it a point to continually come after specifically you for shutting them down so much.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm just tired of getting sick ops on Mei then her living to ice crystal herself cuz she still has 250hp for some dumbass reason

Or she ults then crystals and pops out when everyone is frozen/ the ones who aren't frozen are scrambling to protect the team.

Also her wall needs to be on a much higher CD imo

I'm also a,bronze one superstar idiot so I don't know a goddamn thing but she is mean and I don't like her!!!

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Issaries posted:

There's no deathpact. Just take a break if you aren't feeling it. You can always come back when/if you feel like it.

There's snowpiles to touch and other games to play.

I've actually only played an hour or two in the past few weeks. We've been playing Valheim actually :v:

I was just theorizing if I'd want to return as a low-rank support main seeing these warnings.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

DPS queues should be a little bit shorter as there is a new tank in town. Clicking heads near heads is fun.

edit: what is happening???

Issaries fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 6, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

I'm just tired of getting sick ops on Mei then her living to ice crystal herself cuz she still has 250hp for some dumbass reason

Or she ults then crystals and pops out when everyone is frozen/ the ones who aren't frozen are scrambling to protect the team.

Also her wall needs to be on a much higher CD imo

I'm also a,bronze one superstar idiot so I don't know a goddamn thing but she is mean and I don't like her!!!

Aren't you playing Orisa?
Fortify, walk your rear end out of her ult and then shoot her in the face.

If you really hate Mei then know that Orisa's ult has slightly longer duration than Mei's ice block.
It's very funny.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jack Trades posted:

Aren't you playing Orisa?
Fortify, walk your rear end out of her ult and then shoot her in the face.

If you really hate Mei then know that Orisa's ult has slightly longer duration than Mei's ice block.
It's very funny.

Yeah to an Orisa a Mei's real danger is walling you off from the rest of your team.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

sojourn nerf leak:

Just the range falloff alone is huge, coupled with the 190 damage that means I won't get deleted from downtown.

As it is now, you have to treat sojourn like a widow who is also a soldier.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
She's still arguably better than Soldier because she has no recoil.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

the recoil is the only drawback to Soldier's gun now being a laser beam that cuts people in two

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Veryslightlymad posted:

doesn't she have built in gradual spray? that's how it felt when i tried her out, plus it's a weird case where she isn't actually fully hitscan just has very fast projectiles isn't it? i feel like i need to lead my shots slightly on her

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I get the philosophy of making new characters a little op to make them competitive when nobody has experience using them, but sojourn doesn't really introduce new mechanics that need to be learned. If you play DPS, you basically already know sojourn. IMO that's what's contributing to her domination ATM.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Issaries posted:

DPS queues should be a little bit shorter as there is a new tank in town. Clicking heads near heads is fun.

edit: what is happening???

New characters aren't enabled in Competitive for like 2 weeks, so it shouldn't really affect those queues in particular until then.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My problems with Mei are strictly as a teammate. Like okay sometimes when I'm playing DPS the Mei annoys me but her job is to be annoying to the DPS and usually swapping to DPS that does quick big chunks of damage solves that, and for tanks she's just ult charge. But drat so many of my own shots blocked or so many ults delayed or wasted and I just never seem to end up on the same team as the super terrorist Mei that is sniping people down like a mobile Widow and getting an ult every 2 minutes, just the lovely ones that walk straight at the tanks to spray them briefly before being killed. I get good communication would probably fix this but it's bronze 5 quick play I'm not putting on a headset to hear slurs I just want to zone out.

Also I don't know if it was someone here or not but someone left a nice message on the reaper vid I posted earlier and twitter seems to have ate it before I could like it but I wanted to say that was kind to say and thank you.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I get the philosophy of making new characters a little op to make them competitive when nobody has experience using them, but sojourn doesn't really introduce new mechanics that need to be learned. If you play DPS, you basically already know sojourn. IMO that's what's contributing to her domination ATM.

Her interdiction field is insanely good for what it is. Absolutely massive damage. Way more discouragement than she needs. Very flexible option that, admittedly, I do suck with. It does seem to work at cross purposes with the rest of her kit, but it's so stupidly good it doesn't really matter.

Also, just tossing it out there: Sojourn seems practically designed to make her opposing team's teammates hate one another. It is infuriating that she can build up a full charge shooting a badly placed shield or turret or someone way out of position turn, and kill someone else. It's like Genji reflect on crack. Or like how bad Junkrats build enemy ult charge super fast, but in micro.

She feels designed from the perspective of playing as, with about zero minutes of thought given to what she's like to play against.
~~~
Right there with Rick on friendly Meis killing my own ults. I played with a Mei that blocked off my Baptiste ult three times in one match.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ended up Plat 5 on support for the season, season high Plat 4. Stopped playing the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season I think. Meh! Curious what I'll place this season now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ram is fun in the first couple matches I played. Catching a GAing Mercy with the vortex thing is hilarious.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

teagone posted:

Ended up Plat 5 on support for the season, season high Plat 4. Stopped playing the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season I think. Meh! Curious what I'll place this season now.

I lost nearly a full tank off both my tank and support. No idea why.

Edit: as in I ended in diamond 4 and got placed in plat 2

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i've decided Junker Queen is good actually

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I lost nearly a full tank off both my tank and support. No idea why.

Edit: as in I ended in diamond 4 and got placed in plat 2

I think if you had a batch of matches left unadjusted, it takes those into account and changes your end-of-season rank accordingly. For example, I ended the season with 62 W's on my Plat 4 support, 1 win away from my next rank adjustment, but I had a bunch of losses in that batch so it included those L's and adjusted my ending rank to reflect those losses.

[edit] Wait, did you get the diamond challenger reward for the season? Or platinum?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
lmao I ended S1 at Plat 2, went 7-2 on placements and ... was Gold 1

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I went like 7-12+ for my support placements lmao and got placed Silver 4. Ending at Plat doesn't seem so bad I guess, considering the grind.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

teagone posted:

I went like 7-12+ for my support placements lmao and got placed Silver 4. Ending at Plat doesn't seem so bad I guess, considering the grind.

wow harsh

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Blizzard fix this injustice I was doing some real cool Lucio poo poo I learned in S1 too!

Char
Jan 5, 2013
The rank was reset?
I'm still seeing "B5"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Here's to two months of dealing with this Doomfist as support.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
It's weird because he still doesn't seem SUPER deadly but he lasts for loving ever now

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

teagone posted:

[edit] Wait, did you get the diamond challenger reward for the season? Or platinum?

Diamond Challenger

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Diamond Challenger

Oh, so you ended the season as Diamond right? I'm confused if the end-of-season ranking takes your season high into account, or what you actually ended at.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm hearing there was apparently some drama with rank 1 players ending at 5000 hidden SR and being tie broken (for the first place spot, which doesn't actually reward anything extra) by OW1 account level or something. Don't know if true, but pretty LOL if it is.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

teagone posted:

Oh, so you ended the season as Diamond right? I'm confused if the end-of-season ranking takes your season high into account, or what you actually ended at.

Yes.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rip Kiriko's large head-shot blocking hands.

Did they lower the exp gain? Friends who own the pass say it feels like they're getting a lot less exp. I wasn't really paying attention last season because I didn't own the pass.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 7, 2022

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
after playing this for a little bit:

do you have a good doomfist on your team? you'd loving better

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Ugh. Hanzo is currently unplayable.
There was no number changes, but every time he fires an arrow his hands and bow jerk upward over your aim dot and messing your focus.

The new push map seems fine, but there's some questionable design decisions.
Like there's cliffedge with sloping snow and fence. If you break the fence and stand beyond it you slide to your death from a ground that looks walkable.

There's also another mountain ridge with a stone wall on top. You can wallclimb the ridge, but easily go to rooftop floating position and can't climb the small wall next to it and have to slide down.

This all was from the 1st game on the new map. QC seems bit lacking.

edit:
Also not allowing us to stand on these perfect rooftops is a crime against snipers and ninjas. WTF blizz!

Issaries fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 7, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Push gamemode sucks rear end, it makes OW2's problems even more pronounced.
Playing Tank, and especially playing Support on those maps is miserable.

Also :lol: @ showing all those mythology skins in the trailer and then not putting any of them into the battlepass.
Battlepasses are already the stupidest loving thing and OW2 has the worst variant of it too.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jack Trades posted:

Also :lol: @ showing all those mythology skins in the trailer and then not putting any of them into the battlepass.

no no no

there's TWO in the battlepass :eng101:

also lol that a bunch of skins that were obviously supposed to be in the Cyberpunk theme are crammed in there.

I have decided not to waste my OW funbux on this battlepass. no regrets.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Sym and Bastion changes seem cool.

Those sojourn changes though sound more like a buff than a nerf TBH. She does more primary fire damage, and she shoots her railgun off way more often. It can't 1HKO full health targets inherently anymore, but what happens against discorded targets or with a mercy?

Don't even know what to say about the doom changes. If a hero is weak, you give them a slight buff and see if it makes a difference. Rinse, repeat. They decided to buff pretty much EVERYTHING in Doom's kit for some reason, from damage done, to ability uptime, to utility, to survivability. Someone is ACTUALLY smoking crack down at the Blizzard offices. The hero wasn't even that bad; it was typically more playable than Sym and even JQ (who got the proper nerf she needed, but none of the buffs she also needed?) in S1.