Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I hope one of the new fighting styles is a lightsaber/blaster hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Our boy Cal is packing heat in that title image, I imagine the blaster will serve as a Bloodborne-style interrupt

e: would be sick if the gun parts were as interchangeable as the saber, I want to kitbash my piece just like the movies did with WWII surplus in the 70s

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 5, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Neat stuff, also apparently a 130 GB install :eyepop:

And yeah, kitbashed weapon mods would be awesome, I don't imagine they'll go that far but it'd be great if they did.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The first game was pretty extensive in the lightsaber mods and they patched in even more functionality later, I wouldn’t doubt too hard

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This looks quite good. And I appreciate to be able to outfit Cal in more than "hobo outfit" "poncho" and "inquisitor garb". The blaster features very prominently, I can't imagine anything but the dual wielding style that Cere displayed in the final level.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dogen posted:

The first game was pretty extensive in the lightsaber mods and they patched in even more functionality later, I wouldn’t doubt too hard

That's true, I didn't pay too much attention to them because customizing lightsaber handles just seems a lot less exciting than a blaster to me.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Good to know that ponchos are out and jackets are in.

I think only FFXV with its high res download was a bigger install among my Steam games than this will be.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally, 100GB of poncho variety, as the Whills intended

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Gameplay trailer coming on December 8th

https://variety.com/2022/gaming/news/star-wars-jedi-survivor-gameplay-trailer-debut-game-awards-1235449804/

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I liked the first game but there's definitely some QOL things that should have been in there from the beginning or patched in. Hopefully they learned all the right lessons.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

All I want is like 90% fewer animal fights

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I wonder if it's built with Unreal Engine 5? Interesting that it's just releasing for current gen consoles and PC, hopefully they leverage the power of the new systems. A pity it doesn't require an SSD though, the last remnants of the Old Republic need to be swept away.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah, I liked the first one a lot but its strengths were very much more in fighting all manner of imperial assholes rather than the local fauna. That and a better map are what I want most.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I hope we get a ship that doesn't look stupid, and that the Mantis remains crashed.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Torrannor posted:

I hope we get a ship that doesn't look stupid, and that the Mantis remains crashed.

Mods???

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Torrannor posted:

:chloe:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Imagine not wanting a stupid looking ship in Star Wars. Just imagine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Imagine not wanting a stupid looking ship in Star Wars. Just imagine.

I will be satisfied with nothing less than that one party tower ship for Cal next time around

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Really looking forward to this. Fallen Order was probably the only modern-ish Star Wars game I've enjoyed much. Even though he's kind of boring, I still like Cal.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Finished replaying FO this morning so this is perfect timing.

I love the first game and I'm really hoping they polish up the level design and combat flow this time around. It seemed like they were going for the Dark Souls-esque thing of getting lost and having to open up shortcuts, but it was just way too easy to take a wrong turn somewhere and then have to spend 20 minutes going down slides and coming back up the other side of the map just to return to where you started.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man that teaser art is a lot less interesting than this Fallen Order one:

A cool landscape with a crashed ship just seems so much more intriguing than gruff guy front and center. I got so excited about it before actually reading the title and realizing it's for the game we already have.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I agree that the Fallen Order teaser is a lot more interesting. But the Survivor art is cool, too. I'm already invested in the story, so the art doesn't have to entice me to buy the game. Both Cal and BD-1 look pretty good here. We even have the ugly space ship in the background for some nostalgia.

Did I just miss Cal's tattoo, or is it new?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Nah it was there in the first game, but I only noticed it this last time around. It's mostly obscured by the bracelet thing that he wears.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

So instead of ponchos, it's jackets, given we've got Obi-Wan, Luke, and Han variants as pre-order content

Can't wait to have an Amidala-level spread of them by midgame

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Where’s my preorder Amidala’s poofy dress outfit?!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The change in the art may also signify that the character and series are now identifiable enough to not fully rely on the setting to sell units.
:crossarms:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't hate that newer art, seeing them side by side just reminded me of those box art comparisons where international boxes have really cool artistic designs and the US release is just the main character front and center with barely anything in the background. It's nowhere near that bad, I just don't like it as much as the older one.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
They seem to be going for that 70s sci-fi fashion aesthetic, and I'm here for it. Andor renewed my love for it.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'd like this and more reason to explore than just another color of poncho.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

With that many gigabytes, surely some of them must be devoted to having multiple shades of pink for the clothing

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yes

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's an interesting idea to add a gun, but I hope that they balance it out to keep the lightsaber combat as the star instead of the blaster becoming dominant.

Although if Cal does ditch his lightsaber to focus on the blaster, then he can fully do Kyle Katarn's character development in reverse and his final act can be to steal the Death Star plans.

ninjahedgehog posted:

They did add variety. Maybe there can be more gangs or bounty hunters to break up the stormtrooper battles instead.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Although if Cal does ditch his lightsaber to focus on the blaster, then he can fully do Kyle Katarn's character development in reverse and his final act can be to steal the Death Star plans become a Bantha herder.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Most of those 130 gigs are new songs from Cal’s space ipod. A new Hu song would be dope.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I saw this cool speculation in the wake of that leak. Since that first trailer featured this heavily urban world, it might be that Cal really does go into a heavily civilian environment like many of us hoped he would. But in such an environment, fighting with a lightsaber is probably a no-go. So the blaster might be the alternative weapon you use when you can't reveal that you're a Jedi.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I imagine the blaster being a bit like the pistol in the pirate assassins creed game I played where you can be partying one dude then shoot a dude attacking you from behind then disarm the first dude. Another tool to break up the lightsaber combat in addition to force powers.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The trailer also had a character who had gotten ahold of Cal's saber, so maybe they do go full Jedi Outcast and he doesn't even have it to start, and just keeps using a blaster alongside it when he gets it back.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRaobDJjiec

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

looks like they are adding a lot of movement options. Saw animal mounts, glider, and grappling hook at a minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Animal friends :3: