Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

some plague rats posted:

[Shaking my head] Only under capitalism could talented programmers end up doing worthless bullshit. What a waste.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Homeless Friend posted:

what women think men want: (insert w/e)

what men want:

The woman he's talking to on that pod is Dr. Janega. She's a hard-drinking, poly, Communist history nerd who pops up a lot on the leftier podcasts when the topic is something medieval.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

The woman he's talking to on that pod is Dr. Janega. She's a hard-drinking, poly, Communist history nerd who pops up a lot on the leftier podcasts when the topic is something medieval.

wow she sounds like the most annoying person ever

e: I mean "hard-drinking, poly, Communist history nerd who pops up a lot on the leftier podcasts when the topic is something medieval." sounds like the world's most cursed twitter bio

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 09:19 on Dec 6, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

some plague rats posted:

congrats on your doctorate!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

congrats on your doctorate!

Thanks! I wrote my dissertation on "why are women so loving terrible" and she was a case study

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the x chromosome was a big mistake. its holding dudes back

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Latest ghost stories is fantastic

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

some plague rats posted:

e: I mean "hard-drinking, poly, Communist history nerd who pops up a lot on the leftier podcasts when the topic is something medieval." sounds like the world's most cursed twitter bio

I guess it depends on how you feel about Jan Hus.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Fun Chapo this week. Adomian’s back baybee!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

I don't remember if this applies to you but look up a program called Per Scholas and they do free IT job training for low income people. Otherwise look into getting an A+ as a decent foot-in-the-door certification to start, google a guy called Professor Messer that has free videos covering everything. Good luck, SH/SC has good threads that helped me double my pay and quarter my work.

One of my older pals is a Law\Theology double major guy that was barely a tech guy and he's now doing AWS\Azure stuff from such training as extra work to support his kids in Florida, so I can confirm its effectiveness.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Shipon posted:

writing code for industrial control software sounds like it would be pretty sick

I'm merely a controls janitor but I do recommend it if you have the specific type of brokebrain that enjoys doing software stuff but can't stand software companies

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah i love tequila, polyamory,and of course karl marx

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lobster shirt posted:

yeah i love tequila, polyamory,and of course karl marx

I don't know if Engels had access to tequila

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Karl Marx was pan and poly 1/1024

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Karl Marx was the first Onlyfans performer 3/1024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Pod Don't Lie.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Good Tech Won't Save Us last week on tech and car culture, but I'm not sure about the host saying "ate rear end" every 90 seconds I assume he was saying ADAS or whatever.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

C-Euro posted:

Good Tech Won't Save Us last week on tech and car culture, but I'm not sure about the host saying "ate rear end" every 90 seconds I assume he was saying ADAS or whatever.

I didn’t notice that. however I do notice I wish I spoke with the clarity and measure of Paris Marx, if not the accent.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zeroisanumber posted:

I guess it depends on how you feel about Jan Hus.

Not much, what’s Jan Hus with you

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

some plague rats posted:

Sounds like a character out of this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

12 000 confirmed kills wouldn't you just get bored and stop confirming at some point

Like thats a basketball stadium of people

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

glad there are still war journalists and tv news crews

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Grevling posted:

a brain that can handle enough lsd to kill an elephant... that sounds imppossibly badass

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

a brain that can handle enough lsd to kill an elephant... that sounds imppossibly badass

just noticed the Jolly West connection :nsa:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Grevling posted:

mother loving robert evans loloololol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How on earth is “getting footage from war zones” a job in the future? Everyone will have been born with a 400k camera phone in their hand. Especially if the economy is in tatters but you can get money for good footage, half the drat population will understand the basics of good filming.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

some plague rats posted:

[Shaking my head] Only under capitalism could talented programmers end up doing worthless bullshit. What a waste.

There's a lot of worthwhile stuff they could be doing in science. My job is related to bioinformatics, and that field seems to heavily rely on a small number of people who basically just write bioinformatics software out of personal passion. The way academia works doesn't really reward anyone for writing software, despite it being vitally important (especially for something like genetics).

And then you also have "worthless private sector science" stuff, like 23andme. I know of at least two people who were basically poached by 23andme who previously contributed worthwhile things.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Karl Marx was the first Onlyfans performer 3/1024

https://twitter.com/criticofpolecon/status/1516022202784792579

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Grevling posted:

god i loving hate these self-styled conflict reporters/foreign policy experts

i blame jeremy scahill for spawning so many of them

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gripweed posted:

How on earth is “getting footage from war zones” a job in the future? Everyone will have been born with a 400k camera phone in their hand. Especially if the economy is in tatters but you can get money for good footage, half the drat population will understand the basics of good filming.

Someone has to upload the clips after you’re dead!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That DALL-E thing from the latest Chapo is so strange. Stalin and Mao are banned by the word filter, so are a lot of Communist themes, but it allows other things. The compositions are often pretty weird, as others have said hands and faces too, it doesn't seem to really "get" symbolism. On the other hand, some of it's not bad.

Please no psychoanalyzing, or aesthetic shaming

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

i blame jeremy scahill for spawning so many of them

Scahill one of the good ones

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

COPE 27 posted:

Scahill one of the good ones

If anything this dearth of losers is Western Intelligence diluting the work Scahill did with anachists that love NATO and the Rules Based International order

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

12 000 confirmed kills wouldn't you just get bored and stop confirming at some point

Like thats a basketball stadium of people

i have more than 12k confirmed kills (drone pilot)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Every time I post a fairy dies

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

gently caress off Tinkerbell

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I've asked this a few times now but does anyone actually know what Matt Christman's graduate school was for? I assume American Civil War history, because it would just be weird if it weren't that

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

icantfindaname posted:

I've asked this a few times now but does anyone actually know what Matt Christman's graduate school was for? I assume American Civil War history, because it would just be weird if it weren't that

Gender and sexuality studies

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

icantfindaname posted:

according to this weird website he went to carol college https://www.influencewatch.org/person/matt-christman/

the website feels weird, like it’s doxing someone, but it’s all sourced from articles and episodes. of course it’s intended for the right wing to obsess and harass over. the information you seek might be somewhere deeper in there.

this is what came up right before I added “education” to the query btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

icantfindaname posted:

i think its weirder to do internet sleuthing than just asking him straight up on his twitch steam. he usually answers questions

but probably american history