Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Well, now I know why they call it Area Zero because I just encountered zero shinies after downing a level 3 sparkling/encounter/title sandwich for electric trying to get either an Iron Hands or an Iron Spikes.

Out of curiosity where in gods name did you get the salt herbs? I've been raiding and they're the only ones I haven't gotten. Meanwhile I'm sitting on like twelve spicy ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Based entirely on the version exclusive trade codes, seems like Violet sold way more than Scarlet. Every time I tried to trade for the Scarlet Exclusives, it took me a dozen or more attempts.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Flopsy posted:

Out of curiosity where in gods name did you get the salt herbs? I've been raiding and they're the only ones I haven't gotten. Meanwhile I'm sitting on like twelve spicy ones.

You don't need just salty ones. You can use any two with the right recipe to get sparkling/title/encounter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/z5257c/updated_chart_for_making_the_perfect_sparkling/

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Echophonic posted:

You don't need just salty ones. You can use any two with the right recipe to get sparkling/title/encounter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/z5257c/updated_chart_for_making_the_perfect_sparkling/

Huh...does it stack with Masuda method and shiny charm?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Flopsy posted:

Huh...does it stack with Masuda method and shiny charm?

I don't think sandwiches work for eggs? I think doing a lv3 sparkling sandwich with the shiny charm is equivalent to a masuda egg, though?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Russad posted:

Based entirely on the version exclusive trade codes, seems like Violet sold way more than Scarlet. Every time I tried to trade for the Scarlet Exclusives, it took me a dozen or more attempts.

I went to Best Buy to pick up Violet (not really especially attached by the Future Paradoxmons but the secondary version is easier to use for trades) and they were all out, I guess future cyborg bike dragon is the first instance of Gamefreak making a version where the box legendary just wastes the primary version guy, who’s still cool in a vacuum.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I went to Best Buy to pick up Violet (not really especially attached by the Future Paradoxmons but the secondary version is easier to use for trades) and they were all out, I guess future cyborg bike dragon is the first instance of Gamefreak making a version where the box legendary just wastes the primary version guy, who’s still cool in a vacuum.

Oh yeah, I'm always red version but this time I wanted violet. We always buy the 2 pack though and my wife called violet first.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, Capture Power Sandwiches are great if you like lovely catch rate balls like Luxury. Second balled my second Miraidon.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Stux posted:

fetch quests, sending me acroso distances to talk to an npc to go the other way and talk to an npc, checklist grinds in place of real content, pointless braindead boss fights. yu[p. its a ubisoft game.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can't imagine playing scarlet or Violet and thinking "Having dozens of little fetch quests where I go 60' into an area to fight one thing or capture it and then bring it back would actually improve the flow of gameplay and be worth doing. "

Arceus was a game made of busy work to fill in for lack of character or story writing or actually interesting gameplay because they made and even more simplified version of the pokemon gameplay.

ive never played PLA but every time i see posts like these it feels more like a backhanded insult at the mainline pokemon games than a criticism against PLA lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do I get Herba Mystica to give my teacher?

Please don’t say only in raids, 5* raids are really hard with my not EV trained normal Pokémon.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Please don’t say only in raids, 5* raids are really hard with my not EV trained normal Pokémon.

bad news, only 5 and 6 star raids

Can't even have a pokemon hold it and trade that, they can't be held

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I found a shiny in Area Zero... It was a Golduck :negative:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I got the sweet one in a five star raid with a Pawmot.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I found a shiny in Area Zero... It was a Golduck :negative:

LOL same but he had a good nature so it was fine.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Going around gathering up the legendaries. I love them a lot. Not sure how *good* they are but these designs are fantastic.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

(spoilered in the tweet for endgame area/mons)
https://twitter.com/bonerman_inc/status/1599971808236961794

found a shiny zweilous in area zero... and then got stunlocked into a second battle which pushed me further away from it and it despawned

(got lucky and found another about 10 minutes later, as well as a shiny roaring moon though)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Going around gathering up the legendaries. I love them a lot. Not sure how *good* they are but these designs are fantastic.

Oh legendaries this time around are pretty excellent. Good abilities and good niches all around. Which ones you got so far? I can tell you what they specialize in.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Flopsy posted:

Oh legendaries this time around are pretty excellent. Good abilities and good niches all around. Which ones you got so far? I can tell you what they specialize in.

I've got the fishy and the amazing sabre-toothed snow leopard who have both jumped right to the top of my favourite Pokemon designs. I'd go get the others but I ought to sleep sometime I suppose. Since the first one is meant to be an embodiment of envy I called it 'Kallisti' after the apple of discord thing and I'm pretty pleased with that name. Tempted to name the second one Mittens, which is a stupid joke I never get tired of.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I think that one's been dubbed "Mega Weavile" by the competitive community since it practically does almost all the things Weavile can do.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Bad news.
There's several herbs and herbs are the rare payouts.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

I've got the fishy and the amazing sabre-toothed snow leopard who have both jumped right to the top of my favourite Pokemon designs. I'd go get the others but I ought to sleep sometime I suppose. Since the first one is meant to be an embodiment of envy I called it 'Kallisti' after the apple of discord thing and I'm pretty pleased with that name. Tempted to name the second one Mittens, which is a stupid joke I never get tired of.

Those two are special and physical heavy hitters respectively. Their abilities make it so they can hit even harder and their stats were actually nerfed before release because they were actually too strong. I think they're the most offensive of the lot while the other two are mainly defensively structured.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 6, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Who the gently caress names a Wooper Manchester.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Funky Valentine posted:

Who the gently caress names a Wooper Manchester.

That depends, where’s the name rater in Crystal? :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How bad did I gently caress up by forgetting my flying Tera Pikachu was a flying Tera and overwriting the Fly move with Iron Tail? :ohdear:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Yeah, the legendaries in this game are top tier. Honestly, the designs look more like something out of Shin Megami Tensei than Pokémon. I dig them a lot. Wanna see more Pokémon designed like that. I often find legendary designs to be underwhelming with a few exceptions (Cosmog is my baby).

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How bad did I gently caress up by forgetting my flying Tera Pikachu was a flying Tera and overwriting the Fly move with Iron Tail? :ohdear:

Fly is not a good move

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Fly is not a good move

It’s pretty good ingame, like no doubt it’s absolutely wretched competitively but just playing the campaign it’s basically your best physical flying option since I think literally just Scyther gets STAB Technician Aerial Ace.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So I just realized Tadbulb evolves via stone do they still do that thing where evolving a pokemon too early means locking them out of moves?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

So I just realized Tadbulb evolves via stone do they still do that thing where evolving a pokemon too early means locking them out of moves?

Not according to Bulbapedia at least

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Electric Phantasm posted:

No they do not. So no reason not to evolve Tadbulb asap.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stux posted:

as for pity, thahts how you have to feel watching anyone enjoy pla. like watching a dog entertained by a simple ball. on the one hand its nice, something so simple entertaining them. on the other hand, theyre a barely sentient animal wallowing in their own filth unable to comprehend anything higher.

I don’t pity my dog he is a good boy and I love him

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

You should be able to have it recall any move it's known before so worst case if you want it back, just put it back

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Dr Pepper posted:

No they do not. So no reason not to evolve Tadbulb asap.

That's not true in all cases though. Breloom can never learn Spore if you don't delay the evolution from 23 to 40 when Shroomish learns it. If you don't do that you can end up with a Breloom where spore isn't even on the move list to remember. I had it happen in Scarlet with my first Breloom.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What if the North Carolina power substations were due to attacks by Pokemon?!
:ohdear:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone find a Glimmet yet? I've been cruising through the caves above Alfornada for a while now and no luck.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

BitBasher posted:

That's not true in all cases though. Breloom can never learn Spore if you don't delay the evolution from 23 to 40 when Shroomish learns it. If you don't do that you can end up with a Breloom where spore isn't even on the move list to remember. I had it happen in Scarlet with my first Breloom.

Which is bizarre as gen 8 went out of its way to stamp out all such cases, but Gen 9 had a few mons that slipped through like that.

Pretty sure all the stone evolutions don't fall under this anymore though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Araxxor posted:

Which is bizarre as gen 8 went out of its way to stamp out all such cases, but Gen 9 had a few mons that slipped through like that.

I thought you had to delay thunder stone for pikachu until lvl42 when it learns Thunderbolt still?

I could still have Ultra Sun facts mixed in for Scarlet

big black turnout posted:

You should be able to have it recall any move it's known before so worst case if you want it back, just put it back

Nice, ty ty. I’m not keen on hanging onto fly per se as much as I am unsure if he’ll learn any flying moves later due to his Tera, or if it’ll just be convenient for zapping some Pokémon that is smoking me as electric but not as flying

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Avalerion posted:

Anyone find a Glimmet yet? I've been cruising through the caves above Alfornada for a while now and no luck.

I found one in the cave west of Alfornada and one in the caves in Area Zero. They seem really rare and you're probably best off just breeding a Glimmora.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Araxxor posted:

They probably make an exception for Breloom and Spore because 100% sleep is 100% sleep, I guess they want the kids playing in game to earn that sweet sweet Spore/Focus Punch combo.

Edit: also booting this up and it’s probably been said but god loving drat this game just shoves friends (Pokémon) out the wazoo at you, I don’t think any earlygame has been quite this stacked

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Avalerion posted:

I think they're either rare spawns or only show up during outbreaks outside of Area Zero. And on that note I've kind of realized something kinda suspicious. Four out of six pokemon on Geeta's team hail from the crater. I hadn't really thought about it much but I was wondering where in the hell she would've gotten her Glimmora from when it's so hard to find. And then it occurred to me almost all of her pokemon hail from the crater and the remaining two from the lake. I wonder if it's a red herring or if the games are trying to imply there's more to Geeta than it seems. Like maybe she was researcher down here who bailed before poo poo hit the fan.