Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Marluxia posted:

Isn't that Smiercia reflected in the pupil at the end?

Nah, that's just the 'eyes growing huge and bugged out' expression. Imagine the iris rapidly squiggling around the white.

VOTING CLOSED - FANCY FEAST

How about some of this bloody red stuff? - 4
What about some of this icy purple stuff? - 8
Where about some of this funky orange stuff? - 6

A bulky brown-tie meal. - 9
A light green-tie meal. - 4
A stern white-tie meal. - 5

...LOADING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... I really don't like MC&D.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Uhhhhhh, processing sleeping people into stuff is not very nice.
(I can be okay with corpse processing, since it's implied the situation over there is kinda dire)

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Randalor posted:

... I really don't like MC&D.

Regallion posted:

Uhhhhhh, processing sleeping people into stuff is not very nice.
(I can be okay with corpse processing, since it's implied the situation over there is kinda dire)

Are you guys saying you wouldn't have a Cthulhu smoothie? :colbert:

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
LOL at the grand list of sodas and the protagonist's ongoing quest to mess with Deimos. (Though it seems someone got to Deimos' cake first... that someone wasn't necessarily Deimos, so we can take comfort in that fact. :cheeky:)

Significantly less LOL at that cliffhanger. :ohdear: :suspense:

Here's hoping no one at MC&D ever starts thinking that the Cats of Ulthar would be suitable Mythos material for, ah, processing. (Treaties can always be broken...)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

We should definitely take some Engine

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

We should definitely take some Engine

ya like starts at the pd50 dose right let's goooooooo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr_Gee posted:

ya like starts at the pd50 dose right let's goooooooo

it can't hurt us :q:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Captain Foo posted:

it can't hurt damage us :q:
Ftfy

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OST: CHIBOOMBA

CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIB!!
[+Joy]

You hop on foot from the huge burst of emotion, your terror at thinking something terrible was happening struck down by profound confusion which melts into intense happiness- Kwiat is on top of the cleaner bot!! She's holding on for dear life as the thing race cars and spins about, both in its attempts to clean and to try to shake her off; but she just won't let go! You make weird animal noises trying to express your delight, since she clearly loves to do it; she could have easily flapped off by now if she didn't.

You continue the weird sounds and guffaws, relieved that your little birby is well after the terrible shocks of the day. You actually, genuinely get a second to not have to think about it! You're so happy. You bungle along and unpack your mutual dinners, careful to not open Kwiat's until she's had her fun. Look at that thing go! It's so big that she has plenty of room to waddle around and keep on, pecking at the little flashy lights and opening her wings when it goes fast enough to catch a breeze. The brown-tie meal is busted open, forcing its bit of magic to pooft out in activation; suddenly you're looking at a huge expanding loaf-like sponge of... some kind of stuffing that's just SOAKED in gravies. Is that mash potato mixed in?! You begin to eat it down, savoring how amazing the tech is that this stuff can be stasis-sealed at peak fresh before it auto-cooks into all this wet bready flavor. You try out of the wine; it smells kind of funny, and annoyingly familiar. A first-glug stings your teeth with ice cold, making you almost choke as you eat more brown-tie to soften the shock. Wooouh. That tastes like grapes that somehow grew in the arctic and then got a smacking of chemical preservatives. Not BAD, but not good. You still drink it, head clouding now and then with the deep cooling, and come to appreciate the off taste by the time you finish the bottle and your food. Not a lot of alcohol thank goodness, giving you a pleasantly sleepy buzz.

Eventually, the robot is finished with its weirdly thorough cleaning, and Kwiat hops off once it refuses to move out of its little nook. You lure her with a shaken cereal box, popping it open and almost shouting when stuff starts to pop and rise out. Wait- it's the strawberries! They were shrunken, now returning to full size and pouring from the top. You bend the box over to let Kwiat rush in and start to gorge. The cereal looks plain, little grayish flakes that crumble easily, stained by strawberries that plump up to eyeball-size and seep a deep orange color. Kwiat clucks and goes beast mode, nibbling on the excellent treat while you set yourself up for bed and pet her dearly. It's okay. Good little chibs will always be loved and safe. That's the first and most ultimate promise. You'll live, and you'll walk, so this little bird can have life. You have to keep that.

The waterways gemlike sounds lulls you further into serenity, propped against the relocked door with gun and sword near to hand. You usher Kwiat to you when she finishes, your feasts done. She quickly nestles into you and begins to drift off, so you race her to the dream by allowing the exhaustion to take you again. Your poor body, flinging itself from mania height to knocked-out sessility. You can finally ease yourself down slow, blackness rushing over your quieted neurons to drown you in a dreamless mass of vulgar gold...

Item Effect posted:

You digest the Leng-Lite Wine in your sleep.
More of the true power of the「Vo̷orįsh Şig̴n͘」has been unlocked!
When used, you can double the margin of your WL roll.

Dawn.

THE TWENTY-EIGHTH DAY
ANXIETY: [10%] [It's time...]
HP: [ 30 / 30 ]
FP: [ 15 / 15.▒ ]

You wake slowly, troubled by a fleeting recall of being dragged screaming into the dark. You pull the warm shroud closer to you, smelling its sunlit spices. Oh, what will you do, when Red and Blue aren't there to chase the spiders away for you? Kwiat has woke to go back to feed on her cereal treats, the strawberries still eerily fresh and weeping Mana-green dew. You rise to wash in the weird-colored waters of the river, scrubbing yourself and drinking your fill as you sit down and just- exist, for a second. First morning you've had in a damned while where you can feel at ease. Yesterday, doesn't have to be thought about. You ate well, drank well, slept well. That's your only holy, your one mercy. It means you're ready, whether wanted or not, for the reality of your next slay. You must. You rise. You take out every bit of gear you've got, spreading it out to assess, Kwiat pecking at each with curious while the cleaner bot scrubs away the rest of the cereal bits and berry stains.

All of your kit, still in top shape even after the ravages of the war. Your trench shovel, sturdy as ever. The photo... the one you kiss, and hide in your deepest pocket. This damned raffle ticket you still have. The little engine-shape bottle, bubbling with that neon orange oil. One of those rusty coins you can give to Napp when you see him soon. This... weird thread machine you can use to try to improve a suit, with another suit. This well-sealed package with the neat little (assembly-required) space toy. The heavy stargold cannon with all the beautiful nightmare carvings. A bag of everfreshed pitch black magic lemons. The pale of an apple colored rosen gold. One of Doubler's untwinned tails. A golden potion that might just give you happiness, if it's not just another alchemidrug lie. This nasty bottle of Sunburner wine... maybe they'd like some if you meet any, and you should save it? Rations, at least one week's worth, so hopfully enough to last for one round trip. Your little coffee pla- OH HEY. Is there coffee to have today??

(Coffee?) 10 [6]+[4]+[2] = 12 - NO.

ANXIETY: [ X ][20%]

...whatever. Fine. Not like you need it. What you DO need is this lovely metal tomb to pop open and give you back your buster! Dammit! Well. You could leave it here... but you are so strong now that maybe you can take it with you and see if you get lucky? You need to think it over, while you assess the rest. Your beloved feather token, still heavy around your neck. Maybe you should use the shield though, and commit to its weight. Either way it'll be with a sword; you'll stick to the gilded concrete until you get to Burner's lands, and then it'll be time to consider the ashen blade that eats fire. Your gun is loaded, with one extra bullet to your name; lifeline. Finally, your suits. The Kadath one hands off of the Suitifier bag, as you think about what you could get done before you go, and how to gear. If you catch Napp, you'll have plenty to trade.. maybe a chance to get some of this stuff identified. Hm. Well. You start to prepare.

Feather or Shield?
Take or Leave?
What's suitable?

Kwiat clucks. Huh?

(Egg!) 11 [2]+[5]+[3] = 10 - Egg!

Egg! Oh! You pull Kwiat up and hug her. Thank you so much. You don't got coffee, but you can eat a tasty egg with leftover brown-tie and rations.
I love you too, chibbly baby.

ANXIETY: [10%]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Egg!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Might be a real mess if we try to wield the shield and get it as a suit.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

None of these suitifier options look super great. Someone sell me on one of the choices? Or I’ll vote none for now.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FAT BATMAN posted:

None of these suitifier options look super great. Someone sell me on one of the choices? Or I’ll vote none for now.

Aperatifa might get us nuclear resistance

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I went with feather, take the sealed Buster and suitify the fireworks. The last one more out of morbid curiosity.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Yep, aperitifira for me. Also voted to leave the moloch buster, our friendly status with the Sunburners is pretty valuable at the moment and they probably wouldn’t be thrilled by us having it.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I would think burner’s domain would be the least useful place to have the moloch buster. It’ll be a great trump card for later places that don’t have fire/explosion/radiation immunity….or, perhaps, bartering it for something equally legendary that’s more useful.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Me, checking the character sheet: we have a trench shovel and a photo???

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

pumpinglemma posted:

Yep, aperitifira for me. Also voted to leave the moloch buster, our friendly status with the Sunburners is pretty valuable at the moment and they probably wouldn’t be thrilled by us having it.

FAT BATMAN posted:

I would think burner’s domain would be the least useful place to have the moloch buster. It’ll be a great trump card for later places that don’t have fire/explosion/radiation immunity….or, perhaps, bartering it for something equally legendary that’s more useful.

My concern about leaving the Buster is twofold. Assuming that we HAVE to go after Burner next, 1) It may give us a way to deal with her peacefully (we may be able to trade it to her for her soul or direct any anger she has about it being stolen to MC&D) or 2) If we do end up fighting-fighting her, she can't teleport to it and risk hurting our chicken friend, and it also means we can keep it out of her arsenal so she doesn't immediately teleport to it then shoot us from across the map with it.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Black August posted:

This nasty bottle of Sunburner wine... maybe they'd like some if you meet any, and you should save it?

I feel like we should keep the aperitifira for the same reason one might want to bring the Buster, gameplay aside, it would result in unique interactions. And I think we can get away with bringing the Buster, the Sunburners are currently friendly and Burner is allied for now. Which is another reason NOT to suitify the wine, we can trade unhappiness for carrying around buster with happiness for giving wine!

Randalor posted:

My concern about leaving the Buster is twofold. Assuming that we HAVE to go after Burner next, 1) It may give us a way to deal with her peacefully (we may be able to trade it to her for her soul or direct any anger she has about it being stolen to MC&D) or 2) If we do end up fighting-fighting her, she can't teleport to it and risk hurting our chicken friend, and it also means we can keep it out of her arsenal so she doesn't immediately teleport to it then shoot us from across the map with it.

iirc the quest we did at the apartment, since it got repeated twice, didn't that result in a situation where there might actually be TWO active busters at a time? Bringing our Buster might be a good just in case poo poo goes wrong and Burner wants to use her own copy of her Buster. Glitches will save us!

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 1, 2022

mystery bug
Oct 9, 2021
i'm just happy we finally got to see the roomba chicken event :3: chibby rodeo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mystery bug posted:

i'm just happy we finally got to see the roomba chicken event :3: chibby rodeo

Hell yeah

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Solar Sanctions

Relic?
Kurczerwony - 16
Oilstained Shield - 12

Buster?
Might come in handy, or actually get unsealed. - 16
Let's not upset anyone and leave the dead weight here. - 13

Suit?
Nothing for now. - 3
Ashtheft - 3
6 Bullets - 0
Moloch Buster [Sealed] - 1
Oilstained Shield - 5
Coffee Plant - 0
Neatfreak - 0
Cthughan Fireworks - 5
Sable Lemons - 3
Rose Gold Apple - 1
Apéritifira - 6

...LOADING

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/1r3FXJI.mp4
OST: Indoor Rainfall

It's raining outside. You've packed up everything save for the fragiles, figuring out how to balance the load of the Moloch Buster's prison-case. It's shockingly easy to heft it now, despite its hundreds of pounds, and you carry it with an ease that tells you that you could comfortably haul around some more without slowing down. Okay, good. Your horribly tense monster muscles are useful for more than just hormonal fits of insanity. You start to store in the bottle, and notice Kwiat pecking at the rotten cork of the dirty wine bottle. No! You snatch it away and shove it inside of the suit-bag to keep it out of reach. That thing only converts fabric obviously, so yoooooouly poo poo what's forcing its way out of the magic suit bag?! Yo- oh, dammit! It does convert things other than fabric! It ate your nuke wine! But wait. This thing can make suits out of anything?! That's good to know, and losing nuclear wine doesn't seem so bad when now you have a nuclear suit! Only. Uh.

[New Suit Acquired!]

...eeeuuuuh. That's a loud suit. It smells nasty, too. The fabric is weird, cheap and grainy. You try the suit on out of principle, and shiver uncomfortably from the shock of magic reacting to your power. What kind of spells are on this thing? It feels like someone tried to cram absolute power into a dollar-store resale. Awful conduit for this level of sorcery. But it works? Wine-drunk magics, zippin' and zappin' around the flows of power with zero dignity or respect. Well, it's obvious the Sunburners would love it, and maybe this magic is strong enough to deter some of their more evil powers. Or maybe this suit will make a good first sacrifice to the rethreader. But you'll mess with that once you pass by Napp. Right now you need to get your soft old suit back on, and psyche yourself up. Breakfast is eaten. Chicken cage clean and supplied (and double locked). Doors reinforced. Sharp rock tied to the front of the cleaner bot, to give it a last line of self defense against... possible threats. You're watered up, suits packed, feather worn, and body rested. Your magic is clean. Your silver is shining. Your mushrooms are funkin'. You cough up some bubbles in test, and summon Red's shroud to wrap it around you in hiding once more. Okay... okay. Inhale. Blank your heart and mind. The first step out that door will be one made with intent, so before that you must make your promises and prayers. You bend down and hug Kwiat tight, telling her she's brave to watch over your sanctum, and that you'll be back with even more treats... wait for me, Kwiat. I love you. I promise I do.

It's time.

ANXIETY: [0%]

You think...

I know.

That we're ready.

Ready to be gone.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gone To Megalith...

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Black August posted:

That we're ready.

i'm so ready to feel real sad and/or horrified about having to make deeply unfortunate choices in trying to resolve this without merking Red

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

Oh I never realized but the symbols below each Megalith in that image are the four alchemical symbols for the elements. Looks like each of the four Lords that have a Megalith might belong to a specific element. Guess that's why Bleeder's Marrow cannon needed wind resistance as well huh

Interesting to see how Earth will relate to Dancer's powers

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Alright. You're outside. You're out of the school. You're on the road. You're squatting in the rainy dirt near your kayak, and you're drawing out a crude map that you're holding in your head. So-

You'll scurry up to Pluto City, and survey to make sure you're not being shot at before you see if Napp is around. It'll also give you a place to hide if things go awry enough to waste the day before you get out of the valley. After that, you'll loop the scoop and avoid both Paprika and the Ogres, so you can hit the apartments by nightfall and snooze there. That way you'll have daylight to burn and you'll be fresh to explode the unknown middle belly of the Rivergreen, and then use that as a staging point to try to figure out what's hiding in the ashen-sky south, where Burner's Megalith lies. Thank God for the apartments. You can retreat there if needed, and have it as a staging ground for your assault. You have no idea how bad the Lorded Land of the Sunburners will be, so you'll need all the recon you can manage before the final dive. Oh, you hope you can avoid the cult as long as possible...

You're so nervous. You stand and rub out the map, hurrying to retrace the way back to Pluto City from the insane mountain climb you managed to get here. God you wish you had a few more days here before exit, but it's been so long since you've seen... her... that you feel sick with terror at the idea of not having at least two souls to beg your life with. Plus, Burner is a scare you want to overcome while you can. You stop to do some breathing exercises. You're so nervous. The bubbly-lung inhales hit you hard, and you teeter as the exercise brilliants the Silver Mind into reflection.

(Psychic Passive - The Silver Mind) 11 [1]+[2]+[2] = 5 - Great Success!

AH! Your body! You twist, third eye wide to pierce the iron veil, arms open to face the Sun and smile...

The Silver Mind posted:

[Your brain was the Holy Valley, spread and draped in silver curtains, capturing the radio waves expelled in patterns across the sky, each broadcasted from inside someone's skull.]

...fix this? Who am I to kill? Where...

...believe we're making progress on the body. I wish I could see them one more time, just to know if it was really...

...hate it. Hate it. Knew it. Knew it was bad town. Next time, it's bullet first, talk...

...[*Chorus Of Meows*]...

.̷̖̣̖ͣ̅̚͜͡.̊̿ͯ͘͏̘͔̬͝.̢̧̠̤̻ͤͥ̈́͞a̴̛͎͉̖̾́ͯ́s̮̙̫̿ͩ̾̕̕͝k̷̴̺̜͈̑ͥ̊̀ ̧͖̤̭͑̄̊͘̕m̶̶̨̺̱̙͆̾͑e, we've been making parts for months now. I don't know if the Holy Chick̴̩̥̄ͮ͞e̸̺̟͛̌̀n̵̺̣̑̏͟ ̵̧̪͎̍ͥḴ̩̾͊͟͠n̷̢͖̘̽̈ï̧ͩ͏̜̳ģ̨̬̦͌ͭhͯ̔͏̺͎͞t̢̻͓̏̏͢s̴̥̫͌̌̀.̵̮̑ͫ͠ͅ.̗̄ͪ͜͡ͅ.̸̴̖̈ͬͅ

...think I'm dead, don't they? He hasn't even bothered to track me since...

When you come to, you're already halfway up the hills into the mountains which center the valley. Zero effort to climb. You're still going really drat slow and sure, because strength won't save you from a crumbling handhold. You spiderscale slow and sure around the perimeter of the Camp, working around the immense high mountain you've yet to scale, then down into the plutonic glow of the fungal forest. You hurry to get out of it and onto the riverline, until you reach where the hills reach up and Pluto City is in sight. You're slower now, keeping real low in profile and quick on the step, skunking over towards the bay you might find Napp in. It's before noon, so you're making excellent time so far, and you force your spirits to remain fresh. Think of Kwiat. Think of conquest.

The shores are sandy grass relief, absent of danger as you search around. Your psychic senses are still raw with fresh, sparkling your eyes along the lines of absent electrosignals back to source - the house boat of the merchant, bobbing peacefully a ways out. You could swim out to it, but after the last encounter you'd rather play patience. So you dig through your stuff and drag out the shield, and spend a bit whacking it with your sword to make a rough oily gonging. The lights come on, twinkling in the noon twilight, and you spot the pale shade of the hunched merchant as he bumbles out and searches around for danger. When he sees you he pauses, and you realize you probably look like a dark smear of threatening unknown from this distance, so you bubble-inhale and wreack out an OOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII in the hopes of shaking his recall. It... well you guess it worked, since he disappears and then begins to wheel his boat over to shore where you are. You clean yourself down and pack up, waiting anxious while you scan around for any other attention you may have drawn with your noise. Just the merchant, it'd seem. His water-motions land the boat quickly, and then he's out on the deck to scan again. He recognizes you, but still hesitates before he waves you over.

OST: An Old Friend (For A Price)

Your approach is careful. Napp waves, are already you can hear the harsh wet wheeze of his gurgling breath. He stands draped as last time, only his strangelit eyes visible. But then, you're the same now, a wraith whose only sign of truelife is the dull shine of your rainy dawn eye. You both stand for a while looking at one another, gray tide swirled about your shins. Finally, the old merchant casts down a wooden stepstair, and beckons with an even tone. "Welcome back, leatherskin." You get up and on while he opens the door to his shophome, ushering you inside while he evaluates the measures of your steps. "Aye. Even th'Salty King would call bad news on that posture."

There's nothing to retort with, is the thing. He's right. You come in and look about again at the clean chaos of his showroom. The aquariums are different this time, or at least rearranged, casting fluorescent blues about the warm wooden floors. You gently push past the hundreds of articulated sliding shelves and cases, maneuvering to slump down into the guest chair next to a little table with a gemstone bonsai install. Napp bungles his way over with slopped-wet limped steps, webbed hands grasping over counters to move himself to where he can take stand to work the shelf system to start putting together a selection. "Lesse it then, draper. Ol' Napp might have the fix if yer heavy with goods. What's the interest?"

You look up at the ornate rack of goods and services presented to you, and then look at what you lay out for him to consider in turn and trade.

SELL posted:

You currently have no kinds of currency available. You do have some goods that you could part with for trade and store credit. These include...

* Ashtheft
* Kadath Regalia
* Zolty Zuit
* Intense Potion
* Cthughan Fireworks
* Sable Lemons
* Rose Gold Apple
* Potion of Joy

You're still not sure what the potions, lemons, or apple exactly do, and you don't have any means of identification.

While thinking, you suddenly recall and slap down the rusted coin you found. Napp startles to see another one of the salted tokens, but he's quick to grab it up and give you a pointed look while he hands out a placard of keys, each themed to one of the special shelves he's willing to open up for a one-time trade.

But which to open?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Unsurprisingly I love the map art today.

Going to argue for buying the White Belt, perhaps with the Intense potion. I don't know if I want us to make it a suit or to get someone else to wear it.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
The Aqualuma looks like it might be interesting. (Even flawed mimicry has its uses.)

Hell Resonance could be real dangerous if we were to pick up the wrong sort of Flaw, but Power Begets might be worth considering. (Probably shouldn't try to exchange every single ability for one single mega-ability, as entertaining as the prospect may be.)

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
We should get Power Begets, we're getting kind of lousy with powers right now in a way that's hard to keep track of and it's always more interesting to be really good at a couple things than to be kind of good at many things, imo.

Specifically, i think we could drop Voorish Sign, Psychic Shield, maybe Avi's Question, Cheeseburger Magics and maybe Grace under Pressure, and use it to empower Red Right Hand, tourmaline rains, the silver mind, any of our sword techniques, or any of our tyrant stuff. (or get one new thing that's sort of tyrant-y or red-y or heaven-end themed. that's just because those are the directions i'm most interested in leaning in.)

Nea fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 6, 2022

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

and you'll be fresh to explode the unknown middle belly of the Rivergreen,

*BOOM*

As for the goods let's evaluate:

1. Fighter - really depends on whether it needs to be out and used to get the bonus. If yes, kinda eh, since it offer no tohit or armor piercing bonuses and our combats don't run long enough for it to be better than our holy sword. If it DOES power up each round and you can pull it out later, then it can be a really spicy thing to keep up our sleeve for a devastating finisher.
2. Black thumb - we are going to a place full of dryads, right? If we were the murderhobo type this would be great, but i am p sure just carrying it will be enough to make a LOT of people immediately hostile to us, hard pass.
3. ShotgunShoulders - if we had a shotgun i would consider it for the synergy, but otherwise i don't see a benefit other than a ranged attack that doesn't use our limited ammo. It's a shotgun tho, so the range is probably not that good and is probably sufficiently covered by our mad leaps.
4. Raw Steel Chain - h aahah ahaha. NO.
5. Iron Inserts - yes, absolutely. Get it.
6. Aqualuma -another good one. While a lot of ability users tend to be immune to their own abilities, it is not always so and it doesn't really specify that you can't use it on another enemy in the same combat.
7. White belt - TOP 1 purchase. We can always take it off, but we know that level scaling is real and people hate power so having that on us will ensure that we can dodge some of that. If we need to show strength, just take it off, lmao.
8. Deluxifier - we know that one. Good buy.
9. Sandwhich - too low priority.
10. Lunch - same as sandwhich
11. Powerful baguette - Not entirely sure what we would want to give up here and what we would hope to gain. Also i am not sure powering up Napp is a good idea.
12. Hell resonance - i would like the power of the stalk, please.

Regallion fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 6, 2022

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Don't suppose Napp could give the deets on any of the Hell Resonance powers on offer, before we sign that particular contract?
Bit of a big ask to go in blind on that one.

Raw Steel Chain: Looks great. Would be perfect fodder for the rethreader, if it was a suit. Maybe we can pick it up for suitifying next time we see Napp.
White Belt: Handy for fighting Doubler, I suspect. Something to pick up on a future trip.
Iron Inserts: Nice safe pick. More DR is always good.
Deluxifier: It is, and remains, a nice option. Our standard slab-of-stone sword could get some good mileage out of it.
No strong feelings on the other options.

...Although, what would throwing our two glitched techniques into Power Begets do?
Have a good feeling about trying that, though how it would work out is to be seen.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Arcanuse posted:

Raw Steel Chain: Looks great. Would be perfect fodder for the rethreader, if it was a suit. Maybe we can pick it up for suitifying next time we see Napp.

I am pretty sure that any suit that comes out of it is also gonna be 300000% cursed.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

The FP regen on Black Thumb would be insanely good for us, shoring up one of our biggest weak spots. It probably wouldn’t be great as a weapon though, since it’s a club rather than a sword, and I take the point about the likely diplomacy penalty with dryads including Sunburners.

We should absolutely not drop Avi’s Question - we’ve been told that some sort of defense against firearms is a necessity against Hunter, and it should flat-out trivialise a lot of the Blackwings.

The White Belt and Aqualuma both look absolutely great, the White Belt for late-game and the Aqualuma for right now. We’ve been told we’re currently still low-level so I don’t think the belt is a priority, but we know level scaling is very much a thing. We also know the Deluxifier is excellent.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm leaning towards the Iron Inserts, Deluxifier, and Skip Sandwich myself. The Skip Sandwich more because we're kind of a glass cannon, so guaranteeing we go first is a big help. The White Belt seems nice, but we're already pretty low level, and the Aqualuma doesn't seem THAT good unless we keep running into situations where there are multiple groups fighting each other so we're not hitting enemies with what they would be strong against (or outright absorbing instead). I'm honestly tempted to say the shotgunshoulders or the chain mail to suitify and then rethread into the black suit.

Nea posted:

Specifically, i think we could drop Voorish Sign, Psychic Shield, maybe Avi's Question, Cheeseburger Magics and maybe Grace under Pressure, and use it to empower Red Right Hand, tourmaline rains, the silver mind, any of our sword techniques, or any of our tyrant stuff. (or get one new thing that's sort of tyrant-y or red-y or heaven-end themed. that's just because those are the directions i'm most interested in leaning in.)

Haven't all the things you listed to get rid of saved our bacon on at least 1 occasion? Besides, we have no way to know just how each power and technique "ranks" for it, or just how much Napp would take as payment. I don't want to give him everything just to find out he takes an 80% cut.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Getting rid of Voorish sign would be ok. Especially since it’s upgraded and is probably worth something. Not sure what to pair it with though. Maybe inevitable.

And Boletus is definitely the way to go. Get some more mushroom juice

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 6, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ironically enough, if I'm reading it right, I think you could technically trade away Tyrant Manifest. Which would be... amusing. And kind of hosed up considering it seems to just be an aspect of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

BigFactory posted:

Getting rid of Voorish sign would be ok. Especially since it’s upgraded and is probably worth something. Not sure what to pair it with though. Maybe inevitable.

the issue is, you might end up with "Now this technique invokes mythos and gives you corruption" and like, do we want that downgrade on any of our techs?