Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

CuwiKhons posted:

Although to be honest, I doubt Elon cares about human deaths any more than he did the animal deaths.

He has to pay for monkeys but human subjects will line up for free. This is just smart business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I like how the richest man on the planet isn't considered part of the Elites.

Just like right wing talk radio/fox news isn't part of "the media"

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

yep it's me, the only female twitter employee on this floor. the trash hasn't been emptied in a week and this sweaty mattress smells like intense gamer moments, and oh look, here comes the weird guy from down the hall looking to nap at the same time. love how hardcore my job is.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Collapsing Farts posted:

It’s funny that folks say ”an entire civilization believed X” because some random smallpenised greek goon wrote a play trying to claim that actually, small penises are cool and good! and 2000 years later someone finds this text and concludes that this totally was the norm and popular belief

2000 years from now aliens will be sitting through the ashes of a dead earth and find a hard drive that leads them to believe the planet was populated be a race of sentient birds that all had huge dicks

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

bird with big dick posted:

2000 years from now aliens will be sitting through the ashes of a dead earth and find a hard drive that leads them to believe the planet was populated be a race of sentient birds that all had huge dicks

good, I'd be an ashamed ghost if they found out the truth about the self destructive hairless apes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lucky Guy posted:

good, I'd be an ashamed ghost if they found out the truth about the self destructive hairless apes

you won't care

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

keep punching joe posted:

I would like to volunteer to insert the chip into Elon Musks brain.

Oh good, you'll need a sizeable mallet, a railroad spike and of course, the chip. Have at it!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think we should totally encourage Elon to get chipped with Neuralink. We tell him it'll make him cool and awesome, nod and wink at anyone confused, then stand back and watch as he fires anyone trying to tell him not to do it.

Then hires some back-alley butcher as a hardcore team player surgeon to do the operation.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nothing's going to happen to Elmo on either the killing monkeys or labor front. The government has to pretend to care so that it can look busy. "When you're rich, they let you do it" because the ruling class has solidarity we can only dream of enjoying.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 6, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1599672158086889474

When I saw this in another thread, I quickly passed it over as just Musk doing his "TO MARS! FOR THE GOOD OF HUMANITY!" future-bullshit.

.....Then I took a closer look. Seriously, is it just the image's lovely quality, or are all the people being barred form the giant spaceship by armed police people of color the poor?

Corrected

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1600121075894886401

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
With the hours saved by not having to commute, those Hardcore coders can use the extra time to fulfill janitorial services.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A very generous move by Elon. I'm sure the employees who have been sleeping on the floor beneath their desks will appreciate this QOL boost.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

How long before poop socks diapers become mandatory to cut down on lost coding time due to bathroom trips?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I do some of my most hardcore coding while pooping.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

fizzy posted:

Rules don't apply to rich people, though.

Rules don't apply to paying rich people. Someone's palm needs greasing, the goal is to use the least amount of grease to get the job done.

Poor Lonnie has no idea who and how though, so he's going to gently caress it up worse than Putin's pants after a stroll down the stairs :lol:

CuwiKhons posted:

I was quoting what I remembered one of my old history professors saying when somebody asked about why Greek statues had tiny dicks, but upon googling it, the only article I can find referencing it has actually since removed the line. Maybe it was bad research. Idk, it's been ages since I've been in college. I did find this when I googled it though:

Greeks were all about being growers, not showers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I do some of my most hardcore coding while pooping.

I thought it usually stopped you up down there

e: nvm, I was thinking of codeine

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

How long before poop socks diapers become mandatory to cut down on lost coding time due to bathroom trips?

You can get (I've seen the patents anyway) "automatic nursing" beds with built in vacuum-toilet + bidet that you slot a mostly comatose patient into so you don't have to bother with bedpans and cleaning them up.

Maybe he's getting a few racks of those and enforcing a soylent diet for easy flow.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

goatface posted:

You can get (I've seen the patents anyway) "automatic nursing" beds with built in vacuum-toilet + bidet that you slot a mostly comatose patient into so you don't have to bother with bedpans and cleaning them up.

Maybe he's getting a few racks of those and enforcing a soylent diet for easy flow.

At that point just hook them up to feeding tubes and mount the employee to the desk.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

keep punching joe posted:

I would like to volunteer to insert the chip into Elon Musks brain.

I'll loan you my hammer for the installation.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

"Striking Back" at Elon by opening an investigation before he even bought the company. Truly our government is all knowing and went back to the past in order to strike back at him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I assume the neurolinks are so his hardcore coders can type with their minds and no longer need to move. Then they can be permanently plugged into the machine with their bodies withering until they burn out, at which point you bin the malingerer and swap in a new h1b.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Can't think of a better way to spend the Christmas downtime than wallowing in my own filth sleeping in conference rooms doing hardcore coding.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

CuwiKhons posted:

The issue isn't really about the animals (well, it is sort of because the government is investigating them for unethical treatment of the animals they were testing on) but about the fact that a 98% kill rate means the product doesn't work and moving it to the human stage of testing will result in human deaths. Although to be honest, I doubt Elon cares about human deaths any more than he did the animal deaths.

yeah lol after i hit post i re-read it all, what a dork i am

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I like how the richest man on the planet isn't considered part of the Elites.

It's maybe not how op meant it, but I do sort of think Musk is one of a group of highly influential people who went a little too feral during the Fear & Loathing style Trump reign and is now just a guy with a lot of money and some visible brain problems who exists to be sued, divorced and to grab headlines. he can still buy stuff and be useful as a distraction, but the real powers aren't going to let him touch the important levers of power anymore.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does the US have the law that you can't volunteer yourself for someone else's unlicensed human testing? I would expect it to, but I've been surprised before.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The university that carried out the neuralink experiments was notorious, even before all of this, for its horrendously substandard housing and care for their subjects. Like they had the biggest boner for cruelty before they started jamming chips through skulls and using glues to keep it in place.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Zil posted:

wont be long when the bathrooms get nasty because no one is cleaning them

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Does the US have the law

Nope!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

goatface posted:

Does the US have the law that you can't volunteer yourself for someone else's unlicensed human testing? I would expect it to, but I've been surprised before.

Even if the US does have laws forbidding it, look to Texas or Florida to have their state governments receive bribes donations to write a state law allowing people to sign themselves into testing and run it up to SCOTUS who will pass it on a 6-3 split, with those in the majority having investments in the companies sponsoring the tests. Then we all get to look forward to stories of homeless people who "signed" the documents and were dumped on the streets with half-completed, butchered surgeries.

At least this is how it is supposed to go in The Dipshit Timeline.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

mysterious frankie posted:

It's maybe not how op meant it, but I do sort of think Musk is one of a group of highly influential people who went a little too feral during the Fear & Loathing style Trump reign and is now just a guy with a lot of money and some visible brain problems who exists to be sued, divorced and to grab headlines. he can still buy stuff and be useful as a distraction, but the real powers aren't going to let him touch the important levers of power anymore.

:tinfoil:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
wow elong sure runs his business as if he owned a slave mine

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Binary Logic posted:

With the hours saved by not having to commute, those Hardcore coders can use the extra time to fulfill janitorial services.

If you've got time to sleep, you've got time to sweep!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

goatface posted:

Jesus Christ just let me die instead

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

*note: you will not have time to sleep or sweep

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

N. Senada posted:

Agreed, but that's where an aging population and shortage of carers has brought us.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

zedprime posted:

Can't think of a better way to spend the Christmas downtime than wallowing in my own filth sleeping in conference rooms doing hardcore coding.

I might have lost my family and will never see my children but for a brief second there, I created some value for the shareholders (before I got fired for looking at Elon funny)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

zedprime posted:

for loving Twitter

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

N. Senada posted:

I can think of no more poetically just fate than my corpse being Weekend at Bernie'd by an autonomous bed that is worried about being made uncomfortable by a change in its employment\living conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zedprime posted:

That's just flat wrong!

The beds are in the Library, not the conference rooms. The conference rooms are for people permitted to leave at 5pm.

And you know they'll have tossed the books out to fit the beds too.