Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Idk if Hendon should win the heisman. He had great stats but he disappeared during the UGA game and his “Heisman moment” came from the Bama game which is too far back for voters to remember apparently. I’ll give him a pass on the SCAR game because that was entirely on the defense. He still had 250yrds and 3 TDs before he got injured.

But absolutely lol that Stetson Bennett got an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mailman, bitch

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That’s awesome :3:

It’s worth noting that this isn’t paying for the hotel in Miami, it’s giving them an equivalent credit. The school pays for the hotel.

Bad news is they have to stay at a Hyatt

#marriottbby

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna name my kid Coca-Cola Nike PostNouveau so he has all the best NIL opportunities

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Gonna name my kid Coca-Cola Nike PostNouveau so he has all the best NIL opportunities

World takes another step towards President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

Honey Stingers are indeed extremely good.

drat right they are :hf:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Of course Hooker wasn't invited to the Heisman ceremony. For that to happen you also need a D player from Michigan having a Heisman year.

Edit 2: I don't think Hooker deserves the Heisman, but also it is hard to make a slam dunk case for anyone this year. It would have been nice if Hooker was invited at least, but in the end who remembers who was invited.

Edit: As someone currently training for a 55K, Rip Van Wafles > Honey Stinger. Also the best thing to take is Spring Energy Awesome Sauce which taste great and has 45 carbs at 180 calories.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 6, 2022

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
At no point did Hendon Hooker prove that he had that dawg in him and both Duggan and Williams did in their conference title games. Therefore it is right and just that they are above Hooker for Heisman.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

At no point did Hendon Hooker prove that he had that dawg in him and both Duggan and Williams did in their conference title games. Therefore it is right and just that they are above Hooker for Heisman.

That final drive against Bama to me proved he did, but like said earlier it was a lifetime ago.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I’m excited about Will Stein at Oregon. Losing Dillingham sucks but Stein has done cool stuff with the offense at UTSA. I hope Nix comes back. Thompson looks very not ready.

I think they bring in a transfer if Nix doesn't come back. Stein seems like Dilly 2.0 so I'm pretty happy about it, having connections in the state of Texas doesn't hurt when it comes to recruiting either.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

No one is arguing he should have been in over them. Stetson isn't even the best player on his side of the ball. There's several players that should be in over him but the Heisman was/is turning into "QB on best team" award so.

Also he went 21/30 385yds with 5TDs vs Bama so "at no point" is a little facetious.

e: Whoops yeah this

nate fisher posted:

That final drive against Bama to me proved he did, but like said earlier it was a lifetime ago.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 6, 2022

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i don't think you fundamentally understand the concept of dawg

the final alabama drive was pretty good tho

dphi posted:

I think they bring in a transfer if Nix doesn't come back. Stein seems like Dilly 2.0 so I'm pretty happy about it, having connections in the state of Texas doesn't hurt when it comes to recruiting either.

Agreed on all counts, I'm optimistic. Downside is he's gonna go run Houston or something in like two years.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

dirty shrimp money posted:

World takes another step towards President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho

god I hope so

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i don't think you fundamentally understand the concept of dawg

Why don't you go ahead and explain it for us then

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thread is chippier than it’s been in years. And all it took was Tennessee brushing by some success.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Regarding Alabama linemen transferring - I know the Kentucky staff wasn't really that upset when OL coach Wolford left after one year for Alabama. Not sure if that's the reason why they're leaving, but there was certainly no love lost from his previous job.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Thread is chippier than it’s been in years. And all it took was Tennessee brushing by some success.

I'm not even advocating for Hooker to be in the Heisman, so I'm not even sure what the argument is, but it is a dumb one either way.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It’s maybe the most incurious list of finalists I’ve seen, that’s for sure

In a sane world there’s at least room for Frank Harris on that list

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why don't you go ahead and explain it for us then

Playing excellently is not the same thing as having that dawg in him

Williams is over here limping around and Duggan is like passing out on the field or whatever while leading drives.

General Dog posted:

It’s maybe the most incurious list of finalists I’ve seen, that’s for sure

Stetson being included is pretty sad but the award is not fun at this point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Fansville ads are usually pretty lame, but I think the one with Bryce Young where he's stolen the guy's family may be the funniest athlete performance I've seen.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

that dawg in him

Dumb phrase tbh.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm not even advocating for Hooker to be in the Heisman, so I'm not even sure what the argument is, but it is a dumb one either way.

Tennessee rocketing to maximum obnoxiousness has translated to pure salt after crashing and burning late season.

This post is emblematic of my point.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LeeMajors posted:

I do wish Big Herm (?) was still around. He was hilarious even when Tennessee was losing.

LeeMajors posted:

Tennessee rocketing to maximum obnoxiousness has translated to pure salt after crashing and burning late season.

Tennessee's online presence has always been maximum obnoxiousness (just ask Greg Schiano). It is just what they (we) are bitching about is now different since we had a little success again. I can imagine how it would have been if the Bama turn around happen today instead of when it did. Formerly successful team's fans can be the worse when they taste success again. Also we been in the garbage a lot longer than Bama was during their mid 90's to early 2000's run.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 6, 2022

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
rip bigherm

rocky top bitch

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Florida fans were so spoiled in the 2000s that I think we will skip past obnoxiousness and go straight to criticizing lack of perfection if the Gators get good again.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I'm not sure how my comments have been obnoxious or salty in any way. It would be one thing if I was calling the whole thing a sham because Hooker didn't make it in which I've made clear that I'm not.

You're acting like shitposters on Twitter speak for all of Tennessee fans and pointing that frustration at posters here which isn't fair.

e: also lol being mad that fans are happy about winning or upset about losing. that's literally what being a fan is about. Next time we do something good I'll sit here and just loving golf clap about it I guess

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 6, 2022

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm not sure how my comments have been obnoxious or salty in any way. It would be one thing if I was calling the whole thing a sham because Hooker didn't make it in which I've made clear that I'm not.

You're acting like shitposters on Twitter speak for all of Tennessee fans and pointing that frustration at posters here which isn't fair.

You acted pretty obnoxious and salty last night when I was trying to engage you in a conversation about QBs and the Heisman.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

You acted pretty obnoxious and salty last night when I was trying to engage you in a conversation about QBs and the Heisman.

I made a joke post about a QB never winning the heisman again and you questioned it and I clarified it was a hyperbolic post I think y'alls definition or understanding of obnoxious and salty is broken

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Next time we do something good I'll sit here and just loving golf clap about it I guess

I thought you guys eschewed the golf clap and just threw golf balls?

But yeah I agree if you can't be salty about sports it takes some of the fun out of it. I love to whine about Florida's issues.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

skylined! posted:

Dumb phrase tbh.

:wrong:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

I thought you guys eschewed the golf clap and just threw golf balls?

But yeah I agree if you can't be salty about sports it takes some of the fun out of it. I love to whine about Florida's issues.

No no, golf balls are for when something bad happens

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
me, after a decade of garbage and finally seeing the sun again: VOLS BITCH

goons: how dare you, bad form, sir

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Hendon Hooker should win the Heisman and it's ridiculous that he's not even invited. If I ever get my hands on a Heisman trophy I will throw it in the Tennessee River.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

Speaking of him, he hasn't hit the portal or even talked about it, but I've heard a bidding war has emerged for his transfer. Oregon would be the most likely winner.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I made a joke post about a QB never winning the heisman again and you questioned it and I clarified it was a hyperbolic post I think y'alls definition or understanding of obnoxious and salty is broken

It definitely didn't scan as a joke (especially in a posting environment where we have posters earnestly arguing that Ohio State should fire Day), maybe work on your comedy?

For content, Spencer Sanders has entered the transfer portal. I know we have some Oklahoma State posters around, any idea what's up? Seems like that's totally out of left field, but I don't pay that close of attention to OSU stuff.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

Speaking of him, he hasn't hit the portal or even talked about it, but I've heard a bidding war has emerged for his transfer. Oregon would be the most likely winner.

I know when he addressed the crowd after the C-USA CG he made it sound like his career there was finished (this was in response to a bunch of "one more year" chants. He's a senior but still has his Covid freebie year left, so he could transfer or he could go to the draft (though a quick search makes it seem that he's not regarded as much of an NFL prospect).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

It definitely didn't scan as a joke (especially in a posting environment where we have posters earnestly arguing that Ohio State should fire Day), maybe work on your comedy?

lmao I'm not gonna apologize for you not understanding "man there's never gonna be another non QB Heisman winner is there" was a joke, or at the very least not serious.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Word is out after Olu transferred in - Michigan is shooting to be an NFL offensive line factory

https://twitter.com/Alex_Drain/status/1600195946679148544?t=RRXUGNP3G40pGo_YXEbkFw&s=19

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was a really dumb comment but didn't really see it as a joke because it wasn't funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

I know when he addressed the crowd after the C-USA CG he made it sound like his career there was finished (this was in response to a bunch of "one more year" chants. He's a senior but still has his Covid freebie year left, so he could transfer or he could go to the draft (though a quick search makes it seem that he's not regarded as much of an NFL prospect).

He's 6'0, left handed, and has two ACL tears in college. He's not going to get drafted. Right now with NIL might be his chance.