Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I’m kinda bummed at all the other Bama posters being self-aware weirdos like me. If any team deserved a legendary shitposter it’d be this decade’s Crimson Tide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m not sure whether to be offended by that or not.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

General Dog posted:

The Fansville ads are usually pretty lame, but I think the one with Bryce Young where he's stolen the guy's family may be the funniest athlete performance I've seen.

Definitely better than the Nissan Heisman House one where he's trying to get his equipment together so Baker can drive him to Texas that they still payed deep into October.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

dirty shrimp money posted:

He's 6'0, left handed, and has two ACL tears in college. He's not going to get drafted. Right now with NIL might be his chance.

It's time for H-E-B to pony up and keep him in San Antonio

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

GD_American posted:

I’m kinda bummed at all the other Bama posters being self-aware weirdos like me. If any team deserved a legendary shitposter it’d be this decade’s Crimson Tide

Anne Frank Fanfic was too pure and perfect for Baylor

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

The Fansville ads are usually pretty lame, but I think the one with Bryce Young where he's stolen the guy's family may be the funniest athlete performance I've seen.

Any of them that feature the black lady with the ponytail screaming hysterically are great.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

GD_American posted:

Scionix still pops in from time to time

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

When does legendary shitposter, El Penis's, probation expire?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Komet posted:

When does legendary shitposter, El Penis's, probation expire?

You might be confusing El Penis with someone else, as El Penis became Dr. Gitmomoneyson then I.M. Gei, and they're still around.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are you talking about groverat? He got a 100k hour probation in 2011. And according to my calculations that means we're fewer than 5 months away from his homecoming.

code:
>>> d = datetime.date(2011, 11, 6)
>>> d + datetime.timedelta(hours=100_000)
datetime.date(2023, 4, 3)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Any of them that feature the black lady with the ponytail screaming hysterically are great.

THAT'S HIS DR PEPPER HAND!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I kinda miss the storyline where the blonde State lady had a Tech baby, but it absolutely makes sense why that was dropped fast.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm not sure how my comments have been obnoxious or salty in any way. It would be one thing if I was calling the whole thing a sham because Hooker didn't make it in which I've made clear that I'm not.

You're acting like shitposters on Twitter speak for all of Tennessee fans and pointing that frustration at posters here which isn't fair.

e: also lol being mad that fans are happy about winning or upset about losing. that's literally what being a fan is about. Next time we do something good I'll sit here and just loving golf clap about it I guess

All I said is that the thread was chippier than usual.

You're usually a mellow poster, but the past few weeks have been pretty snippy and grouchy about anything around Tennessee. Just an observation, nothing personal. Tennessee was great this year, then flamed out hard. It loving sucks, and I've been there.

I'll also admit that in the Vols Bitch diorama, it almost certainly looks different than it would've otherwise.

It's really not worth continuing because I'm certainly not a model poster. I've melted down here in here more than once about Florida being poo poo--it's just not usually *at* anyone.

nate fisher posted:

Tennessee's online presence has always been maximum obnoxiousness (just ask Greg Schiano). It is just what they (we) are bitching about is now different since we had a little success again. I can imagine how it would have been if the Bama turn around happen today instead of when it did. Formerly successful team's fans can be the worse when they taste success again. Also we been in the garbage a lot longer than Bama was during their mid 90's to early 2000's run.

Oh, Florida fans are bad enough when we are losing. I'll be 50 before we are any good again, and probably too worn by time and responsibilities to be obnoxious.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Hed posted:

Are you talking about groverat? He got a 100k hour probation in 2011. And according to my calculations that means we're fewer than 5 months away from his homecoming.

code:

Yeah, it was groverat. He was the other Texas fan, right?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yes, he was a Texas fan but reminder that he got his 100k probation for defending Sandusky and also posted about how he taught 8th graders so we should probably just probate him again to be safe

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yes, he was a Texas fan but reminder that he got his 100k probation for defending Sandusky and also posted about how he taught 8th graders so we should probably just probate him again to be safe

Uhhhhhh

I’m really glad I don’t remember this.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hendon Hooker should have at least gotten an invite for the Heinsman. the national media conspiracy against Tennessee football is REAL! They don't want you yelling VOLS BITCH every saturday. They can't handle it!!!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Uhhhhhh

I’m really glad I don’t remember this.

I will post them if people want but if you have archives you can see the 100k probation post and if you go to his history the one about teaching is on the first page of results

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hendon did enough to warrant being invited to the Heisman ceremony, certainly he did more than Bennet. Would he/should he win? I dunno probably not given how being injured apparently removes all your body of work that point (see Dennis Dixon), but getting snubbed entirely after his season feels kinda odd/wrong too.

At least the AP recognized him as the 1st Team All SEC QB.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
It isn't that he should have won, but again, Stetson getting in over Hendon when Hendon beat Stetson in the SEC Offensive Player of the Year while also having better stats with a worse team is just insane.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Hendon did enough to warrant being invited to the Heisman ceremony, certainly he did more than Bennet. Would he/should he win? I dunno probably not given how being injured apparently removes all your body of work that point (see Dennis Dixon), but getting snubbed entirely after his season feels kinda odd/wrong too.

At least the AP recognized him as the 1st Team All SEC QB.

He only got injured with 1.5 games to go, one of which was against Vanderbilt. I think South Carolina’s total performance is what really erased his campaign.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Henchman of Santa posted:

He only got injured with 1.5 games to go, one of which was against Vanderbilt. I think South Carolina’s total performance is what really erased his campaign.

In that game he went 247 yards 3 TD with 0 Int, and he didn't even get to finish it lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Soul Glo posted:

It isn't that he should have won, but again, Stetson getting in over Hendon when Hendon beat Stetson in the SEC Offensive Player of the Year while also having better stats with a worse team is just insane.

Yeah, but which one is healthy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Groverat was also a loving awful poster, aside from stanning for Sandusky. Easily the worst around here every one of you is 10 times the poster that guy is

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

You’ll really love the Fansville ads when you remember what they replaced

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

GD_American posted:

You’ll really love the Fansville ads when you remember what they replaced

The Fansville ad campaign has to end eventually with a Saint Elsewhere-esque reveal that it’s all been the fever dream of Larry Culpepper

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

General Dog posted:

The Fansville ad campaign has to end eventually with a Saint Elsewhere-esque reveal that it’s all been the fever dream of Larry Culpepper

They’ve literally already done this

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hed posted:

code:
good loooord this was before I hung around TFF, just re-probate him

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dixon got injured in game 10/11 and his efforts evaporated into a cloud. Hendon was good against USCe, the defense was the issue there.

That's my point though! once you're injured you're out of the spotlight and you get instantly forgotten no matter what you've done to that point.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Thinking about heading to the Alamo Bowl with the wife and kiddo. Have never been to a bowl game. Actually got tickets for USC/Texas but couldn't go, so had to sell them.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Neil Armbong posted:

Thinking about heading to the Alamo Bowl with the wife and kiddo. Have never been to a bowl game. Actually got tickets for USC/Texas but couldn't go, so had to sell them.

Just a warning if you don't know, traffic on the highway gets god-awful close to game time at the Alamodome so I'd advise getting to town early and like, going to the actual Alamo or eating or something til its time to walk over

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Dixon got injured in game 10/11 and his efforts evaporated into a cloud. Hendon was good against USCe, the defense was the issue there.

That's my point though! once you're injured you're out of the spotlight and you get instantly forgotten no matter what you've done to that point.

drat was Dixon's that late in the season? I thought it was like late October, first weekend of November at the latest.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Komet posted:

Yeah, it was groverat. He was the other Texas fan, right?

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yep, he was the guy who would do the "WE'RE TEXAS" and it was mildly funny but I did the same "click on that probe" and thought "oh yeah. hmm."...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

It’s not even a Hooker vs Stetson thing. I don’t think that Hooker got snubbed for Stetson. Stetson even being there is a joke because he’s not even the best player on his team much less his side of the ball. If they’d put Carter or Bowers in there I probably wouldn’t have thought twice about it.

I still don’t think that’s really a knock on him specifically. He was like 250 3TDs when he went down it’s just that our defense got blown the gently caress out. Then he got injured and it was over. I feel like the same thing happened with Corum at Michigan. There was a lot of noise there then he got hurt and it stopped.

e: if any game screwed him it was the UGA game where he just disappeared.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 7, 2022

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kenneth Walker also got derailed by injury and he didn't even miss time, just had a couple of games where he didn't put up huge numbers. I think Heisman voters just don't think about it until November.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

GD_American posted:

They’ve literally already done this

Yeah, it was how I think it was last year ended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCBAZs36LBw

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

look y'all, 2021 UGA had one of the great modern college football defenses and didn't have a single dude from it in NYC, meanwhile Dude McTryhard from Michigan gets an invite (right before being stuffed into a duffel bag in the Orange Bowl); we were owed the shoe being on the other foot this time

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D.N. Nation posted:

look y'all, 2021 UGA had one of the great modern college football defenses and didn't have a single dude from it in NYC, meanwhile Dude McTryhard from Michigan gets an invite (right before being stuffed into a duffel bag in the Orange Bowl); we were owed the shoe being on the other foot this time

Hutchinson has so far been better than any of those Georgia players in the NFL so I guess that was the right call.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes and Stetson* will have a better pro career than Hooker.

* as a Patriots slot receiver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm starting up the Abdul Carter Heisman hype train now. We need a linebacker Heisman winner and that dude was unbelievable as a true freshman, more polished than Micah Parsons.