Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

Where I grew up we didn't have Olive Garden but we did have this:

They had unlimited bread and salad and incredibly overpriced, very bad pasta and pizza.

Their slogan was "Hey, budda bing budda boom"

lol hell ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

olive garden not salting the pasta water because a consultant told them they could get 3-4 more batches of spagett out of the lifetime of each pot that way

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

olive garden not salting the pasta water because a consultant told them they could get 3-4 more batches of spagett out of the lifetime of each pot that way

Lib and let die posted:

They don't make Italian food

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I guess Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant the way Red Lobster is a New England themed restaurant. You know they're half-assing it when they don't even do the accent.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

helpful tip: if you can understand your waiter, it's not an italian restaurant

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Please I just ate a whole plate of dingamagu

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

many paradoxes are happening in Italy right now I reckon

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there’s probably too much pizza competition and maybe it’s harder to organize the space in their kitchen. no clue.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

your waiter comes to check on your drinks and pours a pitcher of iced tea down your rear end because they were talking with their hands

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

professor scudworth told me that olive garden is like eating in the private kitchen of a delightful italian stereotype and i don't think he'd lie

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Olive Garden is better Italian food than Italian food

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Xaris posted:

Olive Garden is better Italian food than Italian food

what-a da gently caress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lord of Pie posted:

Even if the pot degradation thing were true, there’s no way that the amortized cost of the pot is more than the cost of the salt.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Canada has a restaurant called Boston Pizza.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can order a Hawaiian pizza there, which was also invented in Canada.

Did the Italians invent anything? I say no.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 55 days!
they invented crucifixion

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it’s in US too just called Boston’s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

croup coughfield posted:

they invented crucifixion

Probably stole that too

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Persians, Greeks and Carthaginians all did it first. Like everything else.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
italians stole it then hosed up using it so bad its now an symbol of a major religion.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 55 days!
the italians also invented lead water pipes millennia ahead of their time. show some respect

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Italian food isn't even that good, oh I use-a da olive oil and da garlic, maybe a tomato

ok maybe learn literally anything else if your brain can process it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It speaks to the Italian mindset that most of their expensive delicacies involve accidentally forgetting about something for months until you find it again covered in mold and still decide to eat it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zerg Mans posted:

It speaks to the Italian mindset that most of their expensive delicacies involve accidentally forgetting about something for months until you find it again covered in mold and still decide to eat it.

leaded wine was a hell of a drug

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zerg Mans posted:

did narco polo l steal century eggs too?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zerg Mans posted:

this is actually a cool thing to do any many cool cultures practice it too

gently caress off zerg mans

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

this is actually a cool thing to do any many cool cultures practice it too

gently caress off zerg mans

mama mia!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
ill give-a yous such a slap

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zerg Mans posted:

lmao

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
They should try remembering how to make garum if it really was that delicious.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

They should try remembering how to make garum if it really was that delicious.

a bunch of nerds and professionals have tried to make it and put results in YouTube. didn’t sound terrible nor good.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

mawarannahr posted:

a bunch of nerds and professionals have tried to make it and put results in YouTube. didn’t sound terrible nor good.

I wonder though if it's an exact process/recipe that we're missing a step from (Damascus steel/Greek fire) or if there is an ingredient that no longer exists (like Silphium) that makes it good.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Futanari Damacy posted:

I wonder though if it's an exact process/recipe that we're missing a step from (Damascus steel/Greek fire) or if there is an ingredient that no longer exists (like Silphium) that makes it good.

maybe it wasnt good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Futanari Damacy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHz6EaLgJ1A

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
garum production was so gross there were laws that it could only be made in specific areas designated for the poo poo/piss industries like tanneries

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zerg Mans posted:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Zerg Mans posted:

If Sardinia counts as Italian (debatable) then Italians are responsible for making a cheese so revolting it's outlawed in the EU and US

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhZkkOwFauE&t=918s

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Judgy Fucker posted:

If Sardinia counts as Italian (debatable) then Italians are responsible for making a cheese so revolting it's outlawed in the EU and US

this is worse than inventing fascism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Tony Soprano in a bathrobe, eating casu martzu straight out of the fridge with his bare hands while breathing heavily thru his nose